Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Give It To The GOP - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Give It To The GOP (1786 Views)

Ben Carson Now Joint Top With Trump In US GOP Polls After AntiMuslim Comments / GOP candidate Carson: A Muslim Shouldn't Be President / The Gop Governors Assault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give It To The GOP by preselect(m): 10:49pm On Sep 27, 2010
Honestly, those guys are bold and they deserve everything they want. After all the BP hullabaloo, Obama sets up a commission to investigate the crisis and the republicans in the senate block giving the commission a subpeona power!!! shocked
and still they lead in the polls. Honestly they are good. Turned a healthcare reform that stops insurance companies from denying coverage for px with pre existing conditions into a bad thing. Still they lead on the polls. Yet after this senate GOP block of a BP investigation commission powers, BP will still be blamed on the democrats  shocked

they love war, increase spending in defense but the money really doesn't get to the boys in the battle. Yet they lead at the polls. Lol.
Re: Give It To The GOP by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 28, 2010
pres-elect:

Honestly, those guys are bold and they deserve everything they want. After all the BP hullabaloo, Obama sets up a commission to investigate the crisis and the republicans in the senate block giving the commission a subpeona power!!! shocked
and still they lead in the polls. Honestly they are good. Turned a healthcare reform that stops insurance companies from denying coverage for px with pre existing conditions into a bad thing. Still they lead on the polls. Yet after this senate GOP block of a BP investigation commission powers, BP will still be blamed on the democrats shocked

they love war, increase spending in defense but the money really doesn't get to the boys in the battle. Yet they lead at the polls. Lol.

They do so based on so many irrelevant factors:

1. Racism - we can all pretend, hide the truth all we want . . . a large portion of the GOP vote is based on the president's skin color.

2. Misinformation - I have a GOP facebook friend (the evangelical christian type). . . no amount of explanation will make her and her band of friends change their minds. The other day she said Michelle went to Spain with 60 friends . . . it didnt matter how much evidence i provided to them . . .
Re: Give It To The GOP by omofat: 2:09pm On Sep 28, 2010
I know this isn't much of an analysis but quite ALOT of americans really are stupid.

Consistently like voting against their interests.

The democrats don't help themselves with their chicken behaviour either. No backbone.

Love or hate the GOP, they sure know how to make their case - even if they don't have the facts on their side.

The Dems have the facts (plus common sense) on their side and they still manage to make a meal of the whole thing.
Re: Give It To The GOP by JeSoul(f): 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2010
If someone walked into this thread, this is the conclusion they'd make -

'Republicans are always wrong and generally racist. Democrats are always right, they just don't know how to communicate'

I hope the contributors would pause for a second and meditate on the above, in the hopes that they would see the error of such a position, and understand that all policiticans - democrats & republicans - are the same. And no sadder a case than one to have convinced himself otherwise.
Re: Give It To The GOP by omofat: 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2010
^^^ My dear JeSoul,

Please tell me one issue the republicans have been right on in lets say the last 5 years ?

, and I will recant my erroneous position
Re: Give It To The GOP by JeSoul(f): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2010
I will refrain from giving you "one issue", for one simple reason - its a matter of perspective and we see the world through the lens of our prejudices.

Cite the stimulus for example -
Democrats will say "it stopped us from going over the egde and pulled us back from the brink of a severe recession.
Republicans will says "how do you know? you said unemployment would not go past 9%, here we sit at greater than 10%, 13 - 14% in crucial states, how is the stimulus working?"
  and so on and so forth. Each side is so wrapped up and consumed in their "rightness" and the other sides "wrongness" that they hardly notice when they've crossed over into the ridiculous.

Now omofat look at this statement again, and please tell me if you honestly think this is true -
'Republicans are always wrong and generally racist. Democrats are always right, they just don't know how to communicate'

if you still do, then I wish you godspeed my brother, godspeed smiley.
Re: Give It To The GOP by montelik(m): 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2010
Don't waste your time Jesoul.  grin Its always easier to see the world this way. Republicans = evil racists devils and Democrats = innocent naive angels. Why bother watching anything but MSNBC or CNN when you assume they are perfect and anyone else who disagree must be a liar. Life is so much easier that way.  cool
Re: Give It To The GOP by omofat: 4:55pm On Sep 28, 2010
JeSoul:

I will refrain from giving you "one issue", for one simple reason - its a matter of perspective and we see the world through the lens of our prejudices.

Cite the stimulus for example -
Democrats will say "it stopped us from going over the egde and pulled us back from the brink of a severe recession.
Republicans will says "how do you know? you said unemployment would not go past 9%, here we sit at greater than 10%, 13 - 14% in crucial states, how is the stimulus working?"
  and so on and so forth. Each side is so wrapped up and consumed in their "rightness" and the other sides "wrongness" that they hardly notice when they've crossed over into the ridiculous.

Now omofat look at this statement again, and please tell me if you honestly think this is true -

if you still do, then I wish you godspeed my brother, godspeed smiley.

Haba, of course strictly speaking, that statement that all republicans are always wrong and democrats always right cannot be true. I thought you were being facetious about it.

However, I would have to disagree and say that in more generally terms that the republican position is quite frankly wrong. Of course, that's my opinion probably as a result of the lens through which I see the issues.

Take for instance:

Waterboarding - when the Japs did it, it was bad but we can do it?
War in Iraq - it's ok to kill lots and lots of brown people for no reason right ?
Detention without trial - lets just tear up the bill of rights shall we
Gun control - folks dying in their hundreds and thousands but the NRA are big and powerful so its all good.
Wiretapping - see bill or rights above - from the same folks who scream about FREEDOMS ??
Healthcare - Let poor people die? and ppl be denied healthcare willy nilly?
Voting against letting women despoiled by folks in companies like blackwater sue - are you serious ?

Like you say, we can discuss subjective things like the economy and whether or not the stimulus worked or whether we could have done with more stimulus money, etc but voting to give corporations the rights like individuals ?

I would alter the statement slightly and say on the "balance of probabilities and in the general interest of humanity, the republicans generally tend to stand on the wrong side of most issues".

Then again, you can just as well counter and argue that I am only spewing democratic talking points.

Godspeed my sister, Godspeed  kiss
Re: Give It To The GOP by JeSoul(f): 5:28pm On Sep 28, 2010
montelik:

Don't waste your time Jesoul.  grin Its always easier to see the world this way. Republicans = evil racists devils and Democrats = innocent naive angels. Why bother watching anything but MSNBC or CNN when you assume they are perfect and anyone else who disagree most be a liar. Life is so much easier that way.  cool
Lol  grin. Omofat is a reasonable dude. As for David and Prez, they are lost causes grin

omo~fat:

Haba, of course strictly speaking, that statement that all republicans are always wrong and democrats always right cannot be true. I thought you were being facetious about it.
No oh, I was being straight up. That's the conclusion one would take away from the first couple posts.

However, I would have to disagree and say that in more generally terms that the republican position is quite frankly wrong. Of course, that's my opinion probably as a result of the lens through which I see the issues.

Take for instance:

Waterboarding - when the Japs did it, it was bad but we can do it?
War in Iraq - it's ok to kill lots and lots of brown people for no reason right ?
Detention without trial - lets just tear up the bill of rights shall we
Gun control - folks dying in their hundreds and thousands but the NRA are big and powerful so its all good.
Wiretapping - see bill or rights above - from the same folks who scream about FREEDOMS ??
Healthcare - Let poor people die? and ppl be denied healthcare willy nilly?
Voting against letting women despoiled by folks in companies like blackwater sue - are you serious ?

Waterboarding - every country is a hypocrit now. America is certainly no exception.
War in Iraq - hardly a "republican" position now? they were politicians from both sides who supported and opposed it
Detention without trial - you lose me here. Bill of rights applies to American citizens. Known and confirmed terrorists get zero sympathy from me and should from you too.

on the others you mentioned, I'm pretty much with you though I don't think the republican position on healthcare is as simplistic as "let poor people die". Another discussion for another day.

Like you say, we can discuss subjective things like the economy and whether or not the stimulus worked or whether we could have done with more stimulus money, etc but voting to give corporations the rights like individuals ?
I'm with you Omofat. I sharply turn off where you might possibly think Democrats vote any more than republicans do to "help" people. There are a few good eggs, most of them are all corrupt and are not looking out for you or me.

I would alter the statement slightly and say on the "balance of probabilities and in the general interest of humanity, the republicans generally tend to stand on the wrong side of most issues".
And this is good! this is your perspective and general ideology on life and economics. Others fall on the other side. Who's wrong and who's right? or do we all have a piece of truth and need to put heads together?

Then again, you can just as well counter and argue that I am only spewing democratic talking points.
You must be mistaking me with Davidylan  grin.

Godspeed my sister, Godspeed  kiss
Lol.
Re: Give It To The GOP by preselect(m): 8:04pm On Sep 28, 2010
JeSoul:

Lol  grin. Omofat is a reasonable dude. As for David and Prez, they are lost causes grin

bc I know you, I would want to believe this is a joke. Albeit a joke too far.
Re: Give It To The GOP by JeSoul(f): 9:27pm On Sep 28, 2010
Somebody's got their panties all up in a bundle today. Relax Prez, of course its a joke. If it hit the wrong notes, then I retract and submit my apologies.
Re: Give It To The GOP by preselect(m): 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2010
I know you jesoul, I know you have a good heart. Choice of words for the joke was not too good but bc I know you, I'm sure u meant no harm. Apology noted(though unnecessary) and fully accepted.
Re: Give It To The GOP by JeSoul(f): 9:38pm On Sep 28, 2010
My fair Liberal friend, harm can never be meant from me to you, no matter what. You don forget so soon how much I love you? shocked
Re: Give It To The GOP by preselect(m): 9:44pm On Sep 28, 2010
Jesoul you should know me by now. Passionate but gentle, ask tayo.
Re: Give It To The GOP by preselect(m): 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2010
By the way instead of the white house to gently rally the base whom they have alienated somehow, all we hear is "buck up", shake up the lethargy etc. . . Anyways
Re: Give It To The GOP by preselect(m): 10:19pm On Sep 28, 2010
davidylan:

They do so based on so many irrelevant factors:

1. Racism - we can all pretend, hide the truth all we want . . . a large portion of the GOP vote is based on the president's skin color.

2. Misinformation - I have a GOP facebook friend (the evangelical christian type). . . no amount of explanation will make her and her band of friends change their minds. The other day she said Michelle went to Spain with 60 friends . . . it didnt matter how much evidence i provided to them . . .

Dave racism will always be there but I'm not about to discuss it bc racism was there when he won the election in a landslide.
Something happened why even democrats are avoiding him in this campaign. These guys abandoned their base. Republicans don't abandon thier base. Except george h w bush. Obama and co abandoned thier base, and now instead of gently rallying an annoyed base, we hear stop whining, buck up, shake up the lethargy etc. This is why he is low in the polls. We still like him, but we are pissed off, especially when we see how republicans fight for their base. Instead we fight for our politicians. Who will go knocking door to door for these kind of spineless democrats. I'll rather have them all out, then we can replace them at next election with a new breed of democrats, especially when Americans have seen the tea boys in action for 2 yrs and will want another change. And by then I'll be in Virginia knocking on doors.
Re: Give It To The GOP by TayoD1(m): 11:48pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Pres-elect,

Honestly, those guys are bold and they deserve everything they want.
What do they want?

After all the BP hullabaloo, Obama sets up a commission to investigate the crisis and the republicans in the senate block giving the commission a subpeona power!!!
Will they be able to subpoena Obama to find out why he was so lethargic and slow in responding to the spill? Or is it one rule for the Emperor and another for the subjects?

and still they lead in the polls.
What's your problem with that?

Honestly they are good.
Then vote for them!

Turned a healthcare reform that stops insurance companies from denying coverage for px with pre existing conditions into a bad thing.
You know what? Go request for an insurance coverage for your car after you total it. Come back and tell us here if you get any coverage.

Still they lead on the polls. Yet after this senate GOP block of a BP investigation commission powers, BP will still be blamed on the democrats
Unfortunately for Obama, there was no way he could have blamed it on Bush. Poor Obama.

they love war,
Who doesn't?

increase spending in defense but the money really doesn't get to the boys in the battle.
So defence budget is meant to be distributed on the battle field like Obama was dolling out money in Detroit?

Yet they lead at the polls. Lol.
Perhaps you do not understand what is going on. Maybe that is why this is so strange to you. To someone like me, I find it a natural consequence of the last 4 years (Pelosi - Obama ascension to power).
Re: Give It To The GOP by JeSoul(f): 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2010
pres-elect:

[size=14pt]Dave racism will always be there but I'm not about to discuss it bc racism was there when he won the election in a landslide. [/size]
Please let someone shout this from the rooftops and declare it in every valley. Prez, may God bless you  grin

The same america that voted him into power, is now suddenly racist
  The same america that chose him is now suddenly "stupid and irrational"

all because they happen to disagree with him on many issues. Na wa oh, na so we see dey am these days  grin

Something happened why even democrats are avoiding him in this campaign. These guys abandoned their base. Republicans don't abandon thier base. Except george h w bush. Obama and co abandoned thier base, and now instead of gently rallying an annoyed base, we hear stop whining, buck up, shake up the lethargy etc. This is why he is low in the polls. We still like him, but we are pissed off, especially when we see how republicans fight for their base. Instead we fight for our politicians. Who will go knocking door to door for these kind of spineless democrats. I'll rather have them all out, then we can replace them at next election with a new breed of democrats, especially when Americans have seen the tea boys in action for 2 yrs and will want another change. And by then I'll be in Virginia knocking on doors.
Such honesty, infact I am so stunned I'm not going to comment grin
Re: Give It To The GOP by omofat: 4:33pm On Sep 29, 2010
JeSoul:

Please let someone shout this from the rooftops and declare it in every valley. Prez, may God bless you  grin

The same america that voted him into power, is now suddenly racist
  The same america that chose him is now suddenly "silly and irrational"

Strictly speaking, not totally accurate. Dude only won 53% of the popular vote, which means 47% of the country voted against him.

That country has been polarised beyond repair.

The racist, silly and irrational folk have always been there - a subset of the 47% cheesy
Re: Give It To The GOP by JeSoul(f): 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2010
omo~fat:

Strictly speaking, not totally accurate. Dude only won 53% of the popular vote, which means 47% of the country voted against him.
You make it sound so negative grin '47% did not vote for him', there, that's better grin

That country has been polarised beyond repair.
I hope you're wrong in the long run, though better judgement tells me otherwise.

The racist, silly and irrational folk have always been there - a subset of the 47% cheesy
Lol. grin one thing's for sure, the percentage of loonies on the right is no greater than on the left - and you can take that to any bank mr (any bank not already receving bailout funds that is).
Re: Give It To The GOP by omofat: 5:26pm On Sep 29, 2010
JeSoul:

You make it sound so negative  grin '47% did not vote for him', there, that's better  grin
I hope you're wrong in the long run, though better judgement tells me otherwise.
Lol.  grin one thing's for sure, the percentage of loonies on the right is no greater than on the left - and you can take that to any bank mr (any bank not already receving bailout funds that is).

Always love reading your replies  wink

I get the general gist of your position (over multiple threads) that no one side (right or left) has a monopoly on bad behaviour - all politicians lie, all media outlets spin, etcetera etcetera. I agree! Mostly true!

But

In my opinion, the degree of "badness" on the right far far far outweighs anything coming from the left (atleast over the last 20 years). Unfortunately, I got no more stats to back that assertion up than you have to back up your "right-left-loonie-equality" theorem - just my gut grin
Re: Give It To The GOP by AloyEmeka5: 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2010
pres-elect:

Dave racism will always be there but I'm not about to discuss it bc racism was there when he won the election in a landslide

Obama won with a landslide? 55%/45% is a landslide to you?. Racism is a very dangerous virus and it is very difficult to prove. Racism also helped Obama win because the massive support he got from African Americans was due to racism.

Something happened why even democrats are avoiding him in this campaign. These guys abandoned their base. Republicans don't abandon thier base. Except george h w bush. Obama and co abandoned thier base, and now instead of gently rallying an annoyed base, we hear stop whining, buck up, shake up the lethargy etc. This is why he is low in the polls. We still like him, but we are pissed off, especially when we see how republicans fight for their base. Instead we fight for our politicians.

GOP is at advantage here because they are the ones down and looking for ways to raise their head above the water. They thrive on confusing ignorant Americans and using religion to rope in the learned ones. Money is also a factor and the republicans are the ones who have it. Believe it or not, they can mar the economy with their financial prowess; create artificial unemployment to get themselves back into the government.

Who will go knocking door to door for these kind of spineless democrats. I'll rather have them all out, then we can replace them at next election with a new breed of democrats, especially when Americans have seen the tea boys in action for 2 yrs and will want another change. And by then I'll be in Virginia knocking on doors.

Unfortunately, the tea thugs will cause more trouble, drag the government to a coma and lay the blame on Obama. That way, Romney or Palin will have something to hold on to while running against him. Why should they help Obama to achieve fame in the next 2 years when it will only help him get re-elected?. Democrats did the same to George Bush tho. The tea baggers claim to be independent but they all reek of GOP and they have an agenda. Go in there, cause controversy by saying NO to every proposal without alternate proposal and waste Obama's time till 2012. It must be shocking tho that Barrack Obama delivered 2 of his major campaign promises before 2 years in office. Something Bush couldn't do in 8 years.
Re: Give It To The GOP by NegroNtns(m): 7:50pm On Sep 29, 2010
Honestly, those guys are bold and they deserve everything they want. After all the BP hullabaloo, Obama sets up a commission to investigate the crisis and the republicans in the senate block giving the commission a subpeona power!!!
and still they lead in the polls. Honestly they are good. Turned a healthcare reform that stops insurance companies from denying coverage for px with pre existing conditions into a bad thing. Still they lead on the polls. Yet after this senate GOP block of a BP investigation commission powers, BP will still be blamed on the democrats

Pres,

The dems need a shot of testosterone. Their last shot expired when Monica. . . ahem, excuse me, I mean Clinton left office. grin Clinton was bending others over and phuck_ng them. . .including Gingrich with his congressional majority. They ran out of ideas on how to defeat him and settled with "contract with America".

JeSoul my dear, do you still have that application? Obama needs a very gorgeous intern and its not upto him to say no. . . we will force one on him, willingly or unwillingly! . cheesy grin
Re: Give It To The GOP by JeSoul(f): 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2010
omo~fat:

Always love reading your replies  wink
and likewise my brother, likewise!  kiss

I get the general gist of your position (over multiple threads) that no one side (right or left) has a monopoly on bad behaviour - all politicians lie, all media outlets spin, etcetera etcetera. I agree! Mostly true!
Its scary really. I recall one time a talk radio station had this sound-bite from Eric holder I think, saying "america has always been a nation of cowards" and it cut off right there, and the host went on and on about how terrible a statement that was and all the heroes that gave their lives etc etc I smelt a rat. When i got home I heard the full quote "america has always been a nation of cowards when it comes to issues of racism". Now just that little bit that was conveniently cut off from the soundbite changes the entire thing.

Likewise I was watching the Ed show last week on msnbc, he showed a 5-sec soundbite on a republican congressman (I forget his name now), using it as 'proof' republicans only want to help the rich. But when listening to the quote in its entirety, the congressman was simply saying we have to help the rich who provide small businesses that employ the poor. Nothing wrong with that.

I mean with such spin prevailing on the airwaves, paraded as facts and 'analysis', one has to be afraid. Who will tell us the truth?

But

In my opinion, the degree of "badness" on the right far far far outweighs anything coming from the left (atleast over the last 20 years). Unfortunately, I got no more stats to back that assertion up than you have to back up your "right-left-loonie-equality" theorem - just my gut grin

lol. I think they've done right about equal damage. A lot of it is really a matter of perception on our part, and unfortunately, perception is severely subject to flaws.
Re: Give It To The GOP by JeSoul(f): 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:
Obama won with a landslide? 55%/45% is a landslide to you?.
Go siddon jor, when the NL headlines on Nov 3rd 2008 read "Obama wins in a landslide" you did not register your displeasure there   grin

Racism is a very dangerous virus and it is very difficult to prove. Racism also helped Obama win because the massive support he got from African Americans was due to racism.
Lets see. . .

African americans make up 14% of the total U.S population, and only about 25% of that 14% actually vote. And of those 25%, how many of them do you think bothered to participate in primaries that Obama had to win to advance to the finals? African-american support, while good and padded his support, is not what got Obama into office.

Money is also a factor and the republicans are the ones who have it.
So people who have money should not fight to keep their hard-earned dollars? is it a crime to be rich? why should I go to school, suffer and study, work hard at my job, only for someone in the govt to take my sweat and hand it to sheniqua with 6 kids from 6 different daddys in prison - all in the name of welfare? I don't get why people hate on rich republicans who simply want to keep their own money.

Negro_Ntns:

JeSoul my dear, do you still have that application? Obama needs a very gorgeous intern and its not upto him to say no. . . we will force one on him, willingly or unwillingly! . cheesy grin
HA! god forbid oh! lol. Me I no do at all at all. lol. Michelle is a great woman, fire catch anybody wey wan cause trouble in her paradise grin Besides, all the 'fine fine' talk wey people dey talk, me I no see am  undecided
Re: Give It To The GOP by AloyEmeka5: 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2010
JeSoul:

Go siddon jor, when the NL headlines on Nov 3rd 2008 read "Obama wins in a landslide" you did not register your displeasure there   grin
What displeasure?. That he didn't win by a landslide?. That will be the cry of a hater because it doesn't matter as long as he won. After all, republicans rejoiced when Bush erroneously won against Al Gore, didn't they? or did they register displeasure?

African americans make up 14% of the total U.S population, and only about 25% of that 14% actually vote. And of those 25%, how many of them do you think bothered to participate in primaries that Obama had to win to advance to the finals? African-american support, while good and padded his support, is not what got Obama into office.
I didn't claim that African Americans single handedly voted Obama into office. I said, their choice was influenced by skin color which sounds racist to me. Even a retard knows that black support in America is not enough to vote in a president. If that was the case, Jesse Jackson would have beaten Dukakis in the 80's. Learn to read well before jumping into conclusions.

So people who have money should not fight to keep their hard-earned dollars?

Another bigoted misconception. Miss, I am not here to make blind GOP/Democrats arguments. When the rich use their money to influence people's choice, it is immoral and ethically improper. I can't recall where I said they should not keep their dollars. If your argument is the case, then IBB should use the available machinery his stolen wealth can buy him to win the upcoming election in Nigeria.

is it a crime to be rich? why should I go to school, suffer and study, work hard at my job, only for someone in the govt to take my sweat and hand it to sheniqua with 6 kids from 6 different daddys in prison - all in the name of welfare? I don't get why people hate on rich republicans who simply want to keep their own money.

Another tired line. How much money do you make that is responsible for feeding Shaniqua and her different baby daddies?. Patapata you will be making $120k/annum; is that why you put others down when the govt is not even looking towards taxing you extra?. I don't blame you because if you were those kids trapped in between dysfunctional parents, the song in your tongue would have been different.  There are Shaniquas created at home and  in the country of Iraq due to the war that was designed to make the rich increase their wealth and bank them in their offshore accounts in Cayman Islands and why the same evil moguls soliloquize at the mention of increased taxes for them beats me. Who is hating on rich republicans?. May I remind you that there are many shaniquas in Nigeria struggling to survive while the rich Nigerian conservatives collect kickbacks from oil and gas companies. The adverse effect is complete lawlessness and possible violent crimes as seen in our societies. So, keep your change because you don't even make enough that matters to the government let's talk about professionals who actually make good money.Also,republicans are not the only rich ones; there are many rich democrats who support that agenda. As a matter of fact, democrats make up about 70% of the first 10 rich people in America and not republicans.

When people pay to feed the hungry, they don't necessarily do it because they love them, rather they do it because they want to be able to go about their business without anybody harassing them with gun. Why won't the GOP kick against the logic when it will affect their NRA agenda .
Re: Give It To The GOP by AloyEmeka5: 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2010
omo~fat:

Theirs is not the degree of badness but outright ridiculous liars. Same people who rant and rave about government control turned around to criticize Obama on the BP issue by claiming that he was not doing enough to reprimand BP. Same old song and this time they are getting the feeble minded hook, line and sinker.
Re: Give It To The GOP by JeSoul(f): 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

What displeasure?. That he didn't win by a landslide?. That will be the cry of a hater because it doesn't matter as long as he won. After all, republicans rejoiced when Bush erroneously won against Al Gore, didn't they? or did they register displeasure?

I didn't claim that African Americans single handedly voted Obama into office. I said, their choice was influenced by skin color which sounds racist to me. Even a retard knows that black support in America is not enough to vote in a president. If that was the case, Jesse Jackson would have beaten Dukakis in the 80's. Learn to read well before jumping into conclusions.

Another bigoted misconception. Miss, I am not here to make blind GOP/Democrats arguments. When the rich use their money to influence people's choice, it is immoral and ethically improper. I can't recall where I said they should not keep their dollars. If your argument is the case, then IBB should use the available machinery his stolen wealth can buy him to win the upcoming election in Nigeria.

Another tired line. How much money do you make that is responsible for feeding Shaniqua and her different baby daddies?. Patapata you will be making $120k/annum; is that why you put others down when the govt is not even looking towards taxing you extra?. I don't blame you because if you were those kids trapped in between dysfunctional parents, the song in your tongue would have been different.  There are Shaniquas created at home and  in the country of Iraq due to the war that was designed to make the rich increase their wealth and bank them in their offshore accounts in Cayman Islands and why the same evil moguls soliloquize at the mention of increased taxes for them beats me. Who is hating on rich republicans?. May I remind you that there are many shaniquas in Nigeria struggling to survive while the rich Nigerian conservatives collect kickbacks from oil and gas companies. The adverse effect is complete lawlessness and possible violent crimes as seen in our societies. So, keep your change because you don't even make enough that matters to the government let's talk about professionals who actually make good money.Also,republicans are not the only rich ones; there are many rich democrats who support that agenda. As a matter of fact, democrats make up about 70% of the first 10 rich people in America and not republicans.

When people pay to feed the hungry, they don't necessarily do it because they love them, rather they do it because they want to be able to go about their business without anybody harassing them with gun. Why won't the GOP kick against the logic when it will affect their NRA agenda .

I am tempted to reply, but I know it will only be an exercise in futility. Since I apparently the money I make is "change" lemme go and focus on upping my game.
Re: Give It To The GOP by preselect(m): 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2010
Emela, Obama may have won 53% of the vote but in the electoral college it was a landslide with about 350 electoral vote when he needed only 270 to win.

Also, note that as the bible says, the heart of man is perpetually evil. The conservative secret code is" I'm fine screw you" and when they are in trouble they scream " I'm stewed help me" , they say small govt and yet we see some trouble in their states they want fed govt intervension. After the gulf spill we see even missisipi gov glad to see Obama in his home trying to help boost tourism in Mississippi.

Many people believe the unemployed are lazy people. This is sad. They worry about deficit But they won't waste time I giving huge money on the budget for war or defense, money that doesn't even benefit the boys in the field( and not about sharing money in the battle field as tayo choose to understand it, but in having the right equipment for war, IED resistant armoured vehicles, etc) instead the money goes to contractors.

Anyway, I have no issues with helping the needy baby mamas. It's not the babys fault
Re: Give It To The GOP by JeSoul(f): 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2010
Prez make I answer betta pesin . . .
pres-elect:
Also, note that as the bible says, the heart of man is perpetually evil. The conservative secret code is" I'm fine screw you" and when they are in trouble they scream " I'm stewed help me" , they say small govt and yet we see some trouble in their states they want fed govt intervension. After the gulf spill we see even missisipi gov glad to see Obama in his home trying to help boost tourism in Mississippi.
You are right in that the prevailing sentiment from the right is every man for himself but you're being shortsighted.

I have no problem helping my neighbor - this is afterall the highest calling as a christian. What I have a huge problem with is the massive corruption that prevails in the welfare system. Do you know a good majority of people who are collecting "welfare" are able-bodied people who simply do not want to work? have you ever watched the movie "Precious"? it should give you a good idea. I have heard with my own two ears, people say they will have more kids because they can receive more money from the govt. People are taking advantage of the system and the "generosity" of taxpayers.

Who be mugu?

Before ODB (ol' dirty naughty person) the rapper died, he did a "documentary", where he showed he was collecting food stamps and welfare checks! this a millionaire rapper. Yet you think you're giving to the "poor"?

Many people believe the unemployed are lazy people. This is sad. They worry about deficit But they won't waste time I giving huge money on the budget for war or defense, money that doesn't even benefit the boys in the field( and not about sharing money in the battle field as tayo choose to understand it, but in having the right equipment for war, IED resistant armoured vehicles, etc) instead the money goes to contractors.

Anyway, I have no issues with helping the needy baby mamas. It's not the babys fault
This is funky logic. So baby mama can continue to live as irresponsibly as she likes - on somebody elses dime? the kids are innocent, but where does the buck stop? when will someone force her to get her behind up and work like millions of other single mothers and fathers out there? No be the same bible wey talk say "he who doesn't work should not eat"?

There genuinely ladden people that need help and it will be my honor and priviledge to extend a hand. But if you've convinced yourself you're "helping the poor" by handing out free money and encouraging such wanton irresponsibility, then by all means, be my guest.
Re: Give It To The GOP by AloyEmeka5: 10:31pm On Sep 29, 2010
JeSoul:

No be the same bible wey talk say "he who doesn't work should not eat"?

If only you read the bible well and stop this republican wannabe. So he who cannot find a job should starve to death?
Re: Give It To The GOP by JeSoul(f): 10:44pm On Sep 29, 2010
^oga, i was without employment for 1 month few yrs ago and thought that was death. You think i have no sympathy for someone who's going on for months n even yrs?

The only ppl i am against r those who milk the system and take advantage of 'welfare' meant for those who truly need it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It True Jews Control America? / Nelson Mandela Is Dead? / Photos:malia Obama Spotted Kissing A Mystery Man & Smoking At D Yale Football..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.