Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:18 PM

Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity (11748 Views)

Amnesty International Condemns IPOB Sit-At-Home, Assassinations In South-East / Umahi Mocks Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says Freedom Fighters Shouldn’t Be Outside / Kaduna labour crisis: NLC Threatens National Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by solmusdesigns: 4:40pm On May 28, 2019
grin
Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by Guestlander: 4:41pm On May 28, 2019
Donmedra:
yet you ignore the topic concerning Fulani killing Yorubas in their own land. Your problem is about igbos and Biafra, aren't you stupid?

How would you know what I pay attention to or not? If I want to defend Yoruba people from Fulanis I doubt if Nairaland is the place to do it. What am I? IPOB?

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by Westbestside: 4:44pm On May 28, 2019
Donmedra:
cheesy it's a known fact you people can't stay a day without doing and begging unity from igbos who you hate because of fear of the Hausa Fulani domination.

I'm not Igbo but every southern tribes can sense the Yorubas fear. Your brothers on nairaland including you proves my point daily
The I am not igbo crew have come. Nobody wants any association with OSU

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by mikkiviv: 4:45pm On May 28, 2019
this time around maybe is Elephant dance they will give us, please my people don't die for nothing
Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by Westbestside: 4:48pm On May 28, 2019
Donmedra:
cheesy it's a known fact you people can't stay a day without doing and begging unity from igbos who you hate because of fear of the Hausa Fulani domination.

I'm not Igbo but every southern tribes can sense the Yorubas fear. Your brothers on nairaland including you proves my point daily
Hehehe can anyone be afraid of fasting and prayers group cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by tomju(m): 4:48pm On May 28, 2019
The question is where are you from? Tell us we are interested so we know how to answer you. grin
Donmedra:

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by Ebeano49(m): 4:50pm On May 28, 2019
For me and my household, 30th May is Ofe Nsala day and I will sit at MY OWN home to enjoy it.
If you don't like it, go and hang yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by Westbestside: 4:51pm On May 28, 2019
tomju:
The question is where are you from? Tell us we are interested so we know how to answer you. grin
He is osu. But only don't want to be associated with them.

Ijaw sl*ve are cunning grin.

If na you nko

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by gidgiddy: 4:54pm On May 28, 2019
helinues:
Is it now a crime to sit at ones home in Nigeria? 3daful

Apparently, in Nigeria it now is
Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by wwwmaster: 4:55pm On May 28, 2019
This is getting boring!
Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by Westbestside: 4:58pm On May 28, 2019
Donmedra:
yet you ignore the topic concerning Fulani killing Yorubas in their own land. Your problem is about igbos and Biafra, aren't you stupid?
grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by teufelein(f): 5:00pm On May 28, 2019
These are Igbo Efulefus...

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by Timmypromise(m): 5:01pm On May 28, 2019
Ijaw slaves
Where are you

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by wellmax(m): 5:03pm On May 28, 2019
Please let them sit at home. All previous sit at home what has it achieved?

Onye beribe

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by DerideGull(m): 5:03pm On May 28, 2019
Sakamaje:

ON MAY 28, 2019

Igbo Youth Assembly Worldwide, a socio-cultural group, has condemned the Sit-at-Home order issued to Ndigbo by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), saying it will only promote hatred and threaten national unity. Some members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, making brisk appearance along some streets in Onitsha, Anambra State,.

A statement by the President-General of the assembly, Mazi Ifeanyi Nwudunna, in Abuja on Tuesday, urged Ndigbo and other Nigerians to “go on their normal and legal businesses and disregard such order from the outlawed group or enemies of ndi Igbo trying to ground the economic activities of ndi Igbo.’’

IPOB had declared a sit-at-home on May 30 to honour its men who died in the Nigeria-Biafra war from 1967 to 1970. The government, through the police, has however warned the group against the planned action. Emma Powerful, the IPOB’s spokesperson, in a statement on Monday, however, dared the army to stop members of the group.

Nwadunna, however, said, “The Federal Government of Nigeria has set aside a date where all the heroes of our land who lost their lives in the course of service to their fatherland to be honoured and it encompasses every tribe and state in Nigeria.

“Therefore, it is not in the best interest of national unity, peace, progress, and national integration for any group or person to fuel misinformation by ordering “Sit at Home” on every 30th May.

“Through this illegal and outlawed group’s activities, Ndigbo have lost several billions of naira. “Ndi Igbo are the owners of most businesses and establishments outside Igboland and instead of promoting and propagating national integration and peaceful co-existence among Nigerians, misguided groups and elements are trying to isolate Ndigbo from national engagements.

“When the acclaimed Igbo leader, Chief Chukwumeka Odimegwu Ojukwu returned from exile after the Nigerian Civil War, he joined a political party called National Party of Nigeria (NPN).

“At the time, he said the reason for joining NPN was to return Ndi Igbo to national politics. “Now, misguided leaders and haters of Ndi Igbo are trying to isolate the Ndigbo from national politics, engagements and participation in the guise of championing the cause of Ndigbo,’’ the group’s leader said.

The president-general said that the activities of IPOB were aimed at achieving selfish ambitions and interests using “cheap blackmail’’ against the present government led by President Muhammadu Buhari. Nwadunna warned what he described as the “old brigade’’ to desist from using “cheap blackmail of marginalisation’’ to misguide and distract Ndigbo from actively participating in the government of President Buhari.

According to him, the Igbo Youth Assembly Worldwide has made adequate arrangements that will ensure that Ndigbo are not marginalised in the administration of President Buhari, which has promised to take Nigerians to the next level. “Inciting misinformed Ndigbo is a threat to the economic and political progress of ndi Igbo.

“Therefore, the sit-at-home order is not in the best interest of Ndigbo. “Rather, it will blight the future of our children and unborn children. “IPOB is still a proscribed group and all its activities remain illegal and unlawful. “Igbo Youth Assembly Worldwide is urging Ndigbo and other Nigerians not to stay indoors on May 30.

“We maintain there is nothing like ongoing Fulanisation and Islamisation in parts of Nigeria,’’ the group president said. (NAN

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/05/igbo-group-condemns-Igbos-sit-at-home-order-says-it-threatens-national-unity/

It is highly moronic to talk about the threat to Nigerian national unity when such unity does not exit. I guess the so-called Igbo Youth Assembly Worldwide is idiotic that the group members cannot even remember the day they were born. What a bunch of nitwits.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by misteryman: 5:04pm On May 28, 2019
BIAFRA IS A COUNTRY THAT EXISTED BEFORE LORD LUGARD AND HIS GIRLFRIEND FLORA CREATED NIGERIA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by guru90: 5:09pm On May 28, 2019
WE MUST SURELY BE ON OUR OWN BUT ONE DAY !!!!

ONLY GOD INTERVENTION.......

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by Ayoefa: 5:11pm On May 28, 2019
The Ijaw slaphe monkeys will find a way to blame this on Tinubu and Buhari and Herdsmen.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by Ttipsy(f): 5:14pm On May 28, 2019
Good. I support them!
Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by naijajobx: 5:16pm On May 28, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by Amalekki: 5:19pm On May 28, 2019
misteryman:
BIAFRA IS A COUNTRY THAT EXISTED BEFORE LORD LUGARD AND HIS GIRLFRIEND FLORA CREATED NIGERIA
You are very correct. Biafra nation was created long ago before Nigeria as a symbol of struggle for freedom from Ijaw nation by Eze Bia Bia and his concubine Flora Amaka.
Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by iberrylee(m): 5:20pm On May 28, 2019
Give those Igbo their country so that oduduwa republic can deport those degenerates to the red mud republic grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by degamemaster(m): 5:29pm On May 28, 2019
Guestlander:

Can you read at all? Where did you see Yoruba in the write up?
I think you are addicted to the insults, even when they are minding their own business you start calling them.

Read the useless post very well and you will see "the hand of Essau but the voice of Jacob" .
We know when Yorubas when their hausa/fulanis collaborate to write nonsense through one faceless group claiming to be ndigbo.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by Baroba(m): 5:31pm On May 28, 2019
If the Nigerian government refuse to honour the memory of those who died during the civil war, then groups like IPob will do it there way..Where in the world do you sweep under the carpet the death of over three million people..No memorial grounds, No epitaphs, nothing..

This so called Igbo group can go f**k themselves..

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by Realbelieveer(m): 5:32pm On May 28, 2019
Nigeria should be proud of Biafra
Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by Guestlander: 5:33pm On May 28, 2019
degamemaster:

Read the useless post very well and you will see "the hand of Essau but the voice of Jacob" .
We know when Yorubas when their hausa/fulanis collaborate to write nonsense through one faceless group claiming to be ndigbo.

Of course, soon you will accuse your own shadow of collaborating with Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani.
Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by DerideGull(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2019
Timmypromise:
Ijaw slaves
Where are you

It appears there are many slaves in Nigeria. The trend is wild open in Yarri.ba land. Anybody who knew the historical cradle of Nigeria should realize that Ijo was never an ethnic group.
Re: Igbo Group Condemns Ipob’s Sit-at-home Order, Says It Threatens National Unity by NSK4U(m): 5:47pm On May 28, 2019
an Igbo group?

which one is an Igbo group again?

all the social and political institutions in Igboland have clear identity which the people reckon with, so where is the origin of an unknown Igbo group speaking from a subjective view on Igbo affairs? Now, being more patriotic than Obasanjo and others who have lent voice to the islamization and fulanization interest, he also seeks to shield the plotters.

Well, all these southern Esaus selling their birthrights for Jacob's plate of porridge should know that the chicken will soon come home to roost and none would be evade the consequences.

Tell one, what is it that should take a true blood Igbo out that day? Is it to work, sell or to buy? that could not be done ahead of the day or after the day?

Personally,

it's only an osu that will defy a sacred day that has been chosen to remember and honour our dear ones who died in the struggle to emancipate Igbo nation from the imperialists (now within) who claimed and still claim ownership of Nigeria and have continued to pursue that agenda.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VAT Increment: Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? / President Buhari, Atiku Abubakar, Saraki, Others Mourn Plane Crash Victims / Train Attack: Chinelo Caused Her Own Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.