Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,506 members, 7,801,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React (55677 Views)

Woman Enjoys At An Eatery With Her Children, Maid Sits Unattended To (Photo) / Boyfriend's mum Advice / Old Nigerian Grandma Smoking Weed Goes Viral. Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Unionised(m): 2:15pm On May 29, 2019
joyberry:
Uncle leave sentiments aside,am not against sweeping as a chore,if am a regular visitor fine its ok to help her sweep,but for the first time haba,like someone said earlier did she just notice the house was dirty?

Aunty, It's a lack of respect/regard for both your man and his mother and even spite.

When you visit the mother of the man of your dreams, you will gladly use your blouse to mop her floor.

Check yourself and stop living in denial...
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by chiboy1116: 2:16pm On May 29, 2019
Preshy561:
Haa!! You are a very funny man.
She even lifted her legs and you are complaining? I will wait for her to lift my legs for me and then, when she's done sweeping the portion, she should bring it down too.

I'm meant to be pampered and petted as I'm gonna be the one to choose if I'm marrying their son or not, and also gonna be the one that's gonna choose if the family is hardworking and compatible enough for my liking.
onukwu.
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by purples25(f): 2:17pm On May 29, 2019
blank:
Where are MIL like mine? She turned on big gen, put on AC for me and even made up a room for me to relax in since I was feeling tired. I can't even wash plates when she is in the same house with me, she won't let me.

Why won't I still be with her son after almost 15 years?

Don't know where they get these MIL with househelp mentality. Sweeping when you have guests in your house.

Correct abeg. I don't know what people gain from making life hard for each other.

I would like to make life easy for others, and they should also make it easy for me.

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 29, 2019
eki2000:
Na dem be this, Shiloh at 42
Please lets not be silly. Passing such test is not a guarantee the lady will be a good wife. Naso Dem dey deceive una

4 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Exodora: 2:22pm On May 29, 2019
My question is why the woman sweeping before the girl came if not is very not in our culture .
Me I can't even sweep while children are in our room not to talk of an adult. Sweeping while your visitor is still already shows that you lack trying even if you where sweeping before the visitor came all you have to do is to end it there until the visitor is gone .
The both of them are wrong . And then what stopped the woman from asking the girl to finish the sweep , she most not be her daughter in-law before she can send her on an errand .

4 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 29, 2019
YoungDaNaval:
Like seriously
You go visit a friend and his wife starts sweeping? Please lets drop the silly sentiment

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 29, 2019
This one is a lie.
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Chidokes4real(f): 2:24pm On May 29, 2019
In my own perspective, I will collect the broom and sweep. Just for the sake of respect. But, in my mind: I go dey vex, because who the hell sweeps when a visitor is around? Sweeping and tidying the house is wat they would have done earlier before visitors start coming. If you were not fast enough to sweep, leave things like dat or you tell your son to take d girl(me) to the corridor or room while you tidy up.
*Lazy Myopic Family with nonsense test.

4 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by uniqueogo(f): 2:24pm On May 29, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Why sweep when u have a visitor?
Nne ask them o
You knew you were going to have a visitor and you waited till she came before you started sweeping

3 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Gforce2019: 2:29pm On May 29, 2019
Preshy561:
She even lifted her legs and you are complaining? I will wait for her to lift my legs for me and then, when she's done sweeping the portion, she should bring it down too.

I'm meant to be pampered and petted as I'm gonna be the one to choose if I'm marrying their son or not, and also gonna be the one that's gonna choose if the family is hardworking and compatible enough for my liking.

Se Oro niyen Abi iso lenu.
Wa PE ngboro.
Awon iranu eeda.

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by joyberry(f): 2:31pm On May 29, 2019
Unionised:

Aunty, It's a lack of respect/regard for both your man and his mother and even spite.

When you visit the mother of the man of your dreams, you will gladly use your blouse to mop her floor.

Check yourself and stop living in denial...
Man of dreams maybe butwhat if the dude aint the man of her dreams? Do you know the seriousness of their relationship? U just assume cos he took her to his mother ist a relationship bound for the altar ?Dont get me wrong am not against helping out with household chores but making it seem as if the girl sweeps, then automatically she becomes a wife material, i dont believe that

2 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by hollah123: 2:31pm On May 29, 2019
joyberry:
Uncle leave sentiments aside,am not against sweeping as a chore,if am a regular visitor fine its ok to help her sweep,but for the first time haba,like someone said earlier did she just notice the house was dirty?
What if u take your fiance home n your dad is trying to carry some stuffs n your fiance just sit down dey look without attempting to help, how will u feel?

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Unionised(m): 2:35pm On May 29, 2019
joyberry:
Man of dreams maybe butwhat if the dude aint the man of her dreams? Do you know the seriousness of their relationship? U just assume cos he took her to his mother ist a relationship bound for the altar ?Dont get me wrong am not against helping out with household chores but making it seem as if the girl sweeps, then automatically she becomes a wife material, i dont believe that

you are just proving my point with each response.

That is were you ladies get it wrong.

If you were just friends with him and you happen to be introduced to her, would you not collect the broom?

Its just home training, nothing to do with being a wife material.

2 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by hollah123: 2:36pm On May 29, 2019
kophy:
Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but your test could come in any form, the lady in question should forget the relationship between her and the guy because she has failed the first test. The mama is not interested in sweeping, all she cares about was to know if the lady is a wife material for her son simple. African �✋✋
dont mind them, the reason why we have many girls of marriageable age still single is cos of their mentality. Just imagine, u are in Africa n u are reasoning like an American. It's obvious it can't work, just imagine what's d big deal about collecting the broom? Even me as a guy I will collect d broom if it were to b my mother in law not to even talk of a lady. The girl is now back to d singles clique cos d mother in law will never approve of the relationship n she will frustrate d hell out of it

2 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Adinije(f): 2:38pm On May 29, 2019
The lady shouldn't get married to a family with this kind of mentality. Test ko exam ni. All for what?

When you sweep in the presence of a visitor, you are only telling them that they are not welcome. Which if I am the lady in question, I will take the clue and be gone.

4 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by EPAINYOU: 2:39pm On May 29, 2019
Preshy561:

When she is done lifting your legs, the man should ask her to use the broom and sweep you out. tongue

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by hollah123: 2:39pm On May 29, 2019
joyberry:
.Really so she can't keep her house clean unless she has a visitor? That means she is a dirty person and besides didnt her son tell her he was coming over witha visitor ?Visitor or not one house should be clean
just imagine what this one is saying, who trained u people self? Like seriously some parents should be locked up, no wonder our society have depreciated virtually in everything n divorce is on d rise. Later in life u will come back to your senses sha
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Sally97(f): 2:40pm On May 29, 2019
[quote author=Easybela post=78825340] undecided all these ladies above and below me,you are entitled to your opinions, but surely, one day you all will become mother in-laws then you will understand better.

How dare she sit and watch the elderly woman sweep ,what she did is bad,she lacks respect.one day, she will be a MIL,she will be treated the same way.[/quote
Hasn't she been the house prior to the arrival of the girl?
Men are just over entitled bastards.. Why can't he take the broom from his mom and do the sweeping
She's the friend not the wife.

6 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by LeHMaR(m): 2:40pm On May 29, 2019
That's why I love myself... As soon as I spot the mom carrying the broom towards the room... I'll just excuse myself and go wait outside.. it's better than having to choose between lifting my legs up and trying to take the broom from her... What kind of crossroad is that one??
I put it to you that any decision she takes in this scenario will not end well, either she's a pretender or has no home training, no other options...
Why sweep when you have a visitor?? You want to test person?? I be soup abi na exam I come write..

7 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Dagenius94(m): 2:41pm On May 29, 2019
[quote author=Preshy561 post=78822595]Haa!! You are a very funny man.

I'm meant to be pampered and petted as I'm gonna be the one to choose if I'm marrying their son or not, and also gonna be the one that's gonna choose if the family is hardworking and compatible enough for my liking. is like you you don't wanna marry any time soon
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 29, 2019
Bossjakande:
That girl can Neva be a gud wife. God forbid I married a fool like DAT. she lack home training is like u see ur mum sweeping u sat down. if dey marry her she will Neva wash or cook for mom. am just so angry. later dey go say all men are dogs heartbrake etc. haba. no man from any tribe can marry her cos shes a shame to her parents. her mom did not train her well
e.g amatarasha
adaibeku et al
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by TFLAME(m): 2:44pm On May 29, 2019
If you are not married yet , I can’t take your comments Serious . If you are a guy and you support that girl , think of the woman as your mother . And if you are a lady and you support the girl . How would you feel if you walk into your house and your mother is sweeping , while your brothers Girlfriend is sitting .. it’s not necessary she collects the broom , but she can ask to help with something else . She needs to meet a crazy mother In-law .. that creates unnecessary problems ! She will know what’s up .
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Small080(m): 2:46pm On May 29, 2019
That is how such girl allow her mother to sweep for her in their house..... I know that woman can't allow her son to marry such lady.... What a lose
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by bluefilm: 2:47pm On May 29, 2019
joyberry:
Test ko test ni,so if the girl collects the broom,she is a wife material? Based on what her ability to sweep,is that the basics for marriage, All these so called tests sef,i never heard of multi-millionaires doing such, its always the struggling ones.Who even sweeps when guests are around sef?its rude and shows the guests he or she aint wanted, if the girl is a regular at the house ,fine thats different but a first-time visitor haba sef?
All these guys on this thread, if u go to your gf house and the father starts to wash his car in ur presence will u join him to wash the car?I don't get the act of degrading or putting some tru certain tests cos he or she wants to marry your child. That why many people pretend tru out courtship to put up with their potential in-laws unnecessary tests, and unleash their true colours in marriage .
Preshy561:

You guys should just thank your God that seun made nairaland anonymous from ab initio.

If not, you cannot be comfortably saying such a disgusting thing like this shamelessly.

You know you can never say such filth like this on facebook?

Attention seekers.

Well sha, you have been noticed.

Nonsense. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by linked: 2:48pm On May 29, 2019

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by A2dbzzz(m): 2:52pm On May 29, 2019
Preshy561:

... Haaa, our own e have finish�. Mogbe
Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Inspectorsuga22(m): 2:55pm On May 29, 2019
Preshy561:

Sincerely, any young man reading the rubbish all u ill mannered and untrained girls posts on nairaland will really be so scared of thinking abt settling down...

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by sweetrace(f): 2:55pm On May 29, 2019
Bossjakande:
u go schl. read and see is a test instead of jumping up Abd down. learn from it

What kind of test is that? A guest is in your house and you’re sweeping? Haba!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by linked: 2:55pm On May 29, 2019
Seeing many of the comments on this thread makes me shake my head. I mean, where are our manners and morals. It is sickening that many of the girls of this generation were raised by mothers who aren't good role models themselves, who lack good manners themselves and who left the training of their daughters to chance. So what we have are young girls who lack basic courtesy, common sense and are utterly self-centered. Many girls need training in human relations, cultural values, and etiquette. However only few would realize that they are a product of a failed home and work on themselves to become better persons for their own good and for the good of humanity at large.

The lady of discuss lacks common sense. Why not preempt your mother-in-law by just requesting to help. Say something like " ah mummy! let me help you sweep na?" There is a 99 percent chance that the mother-in-law would have declined her request. She will have most likely said "thank you, my daughter! you are our guest for today just relax". Case closed! She then maintains a good relationship with her in-laws and they see her in good light. This more productive approach would have made more sense. She would have shown her foresight, wisdom and good sense!

3 Likes

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Lumig: 2:57pm On May 29, 2019
tohyorsih2:
@the person above me, i feel so sorry for your future wife embarassed

As far as i'm concerned, there is nothing wrong in what
she did smiley
ehn ehn

1 Like

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Hadampson(m): 2:57pm On May 29, 2019
tohyorsih2:
@the person above me, i feel so sorry for your future wife embarassed

As far as i'm concerned, there is nothing wrong in what
she did smiley

Re: Girlfriend Sits While Boyfriend's Mum Sweeps - Nigerians React by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 29, 2019
Lumig:
ehn ehn

Ehn!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HELP! My Brother Is Too Dull / What We Men Really Pray For In Marriage (Photo) / Nigerian-Born U.S. Soldier Shocks Family With Visit After 6 Years Of Being Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.