Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee (49899 Views)

Advice A Prospective Graduate / Photographer Shares Screenshot Of A Hilarious Message He Got From A Client / Fast Food Employee's "Beautiful" Act Of Kindness Goes Viral (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Btruth: 3:51pm On May 29, 2019
I think the HR has a lot she is hiding. There's more to the mail I suppose.

1 Like

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by ade373: 3:51pm On May 29, 2019
ok
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 29, 2019
loled at African Respect Forum.

2 Likes

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 29, 2019
Idiotic job seeker, that's why they are mostly unemployed. Entitled and unskilled generation of ours.
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by CaptainFM1: 3:57pm On May 29, 2019
There's what we call office/formal etiquette. I don't care who the person is. I also will not employ him. Even if Buhari recommends him.

1 Like

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 29, 2019
Africans call it respect, westerners call it "positive attitude" without it you are going no where.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Kingzy4pep(m): 4:03pm On May 29, 2019
I don't support the lady although but the recruitment system in Nigeria is damn bad. Why interview potential candidates and find it very difficult getting back to them whether successful or not. It's very wrong leaving people hanging. HR's in Nigeria always feeling like demigods.

11 Likes

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by modupe2: 4:03pm On May 29, 2019
I didn't see anything wrong as well.

jonath0012:
There is nothing wrong with that mail. There have been previous conversations which The HR did not show us.

Time to bring back the humanity in HR.

Thanks kindly check my signature to book an expert tutors.

Thanks
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 29, 2019
Harddiskng:
Why do we have psychos in people oriented positions in Nigeria sad

I don’t see anything wrong with the mail, she obviously posted the part of the conversation she thought would favor her. It obvious from the mail she didn’t do her job like she is supposed to, why withhold feedback from the applicant and leave him in limbo.

The applicant has removed his mind from the matter, but she still posted his email online and thought it necessary to rant about absolutely nothing.

1) Total lack of confidentiality
2) No respect for the applicant; she labeled him “beyond foolish” for following up with her. Really.
3) She would ignore her CEO’s recommendation for no concrete reason. Gross insubordination.

Can people like this in HR positions be fired already!! angry
Very petty from almighty ms hrm one must say

2 Likes

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 29, 2019
Nigerians and misplaced sentiments. Give them Lil authority and they turn dragons.

1 Like

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by wristbangle: 4:10pm On May 29, 2019
Something must have transpired between both parties before the prospective employee sent this mail. Nonetheless, the candidate shouldn't have done this no matter how annoyed he/she is. Though some HR executives can be very annoying. There is no humanity or remorse when dealing with employees let alone applicants.
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 29, 2019
What is this one ranting about, obviously the person has removed his or her mind from the job, acting like a demigod as if she had the intention of employing the person before undecided

1 Like

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by amuwo1980: 4:13pm On May 29, 2019
I dont see anything really wrong with that mail to HR person apart from the usual black female HR ego, when u empower some black women this is what u get

4 Likes

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Jaymaq(m): 4:16pm On May 29, 2019
Getting a job in Nigeria is unbelievably hard. That means you will need to go through the eye of a needle most times to convince a HR to hire you. If you don't want to kiss some ass or be trampled on, then go start your own company. The fact remain that if you choose to be an employee in Nigeria, there is a chance that you will be disrespected by your superiors.

https://naijafaq.com/why-are-jobs-so-hard-to-get-in-nigeria/

2 Likes

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Timekeeper: 4:18pm On May 29, 2019
kirkwood:
She looks quite cocky, even if she has studied in Harvard, and interned in Google and works at Goldman Sachs. Her mates are running successful businesses and she is here possessed by a wrong sense of self worth and such pettiness. Only a sack will correct her brain. I am not sexist or racist but let me just ask, can a male HR or a white female HR do this?

On the other hand, Most Nigerian HRs think they are gods.......American companies are begging folks to come work for them.

Unfortunately, Buhari has just been sworn in for the second time. So expect the worst, and lick asses to get work if you want it.

Expect the worst for ur family alone... Pls font generalize, if u can never be positive in ur life, limit it to ursef.. Don't generalize
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by AreaFada2: 4:19pm On May 29, 2019
Funny thing is it might even be one of those 45k jobs with long commute, irregular pay and zero career advancement. The candidate might go on and do better things.
The HR silly girl will get kicked out with her pettiness one day. Unless "fvcking" the director is sharking her for now. grin grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by adanny01(m): 4:21pm On May 29, 2019
NobleAngell:
What exactly is wrong with this?
Clearly, she's no longer expecting to get the job. She's just expressing her dissatisfaction at the response she got. All those HRs that see themselves as the alpha and omega.

Its so obvious this HRM is displeased by her boss's usurping her responsibility and has decided to lash out on the Innocent "employee" who has pulled all the strings he can to get the job.

The fact that he is qualified is not the matter but the fact that she has decided to frustrate him even when she is in the picture of everything from day 1.

2 Likes

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by luminouz(m): 4:22pm On May 29, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
In this case, the person doing the 'recommendation' lacks relevance in the organization. grin

Madam HR is now talking like she bought 50% shares in the company.
Omoh,sharply become HR o,at least I know say u no go stress me like that HR!! grin
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Grupo(m): 4:22pm On May 29, 2019
I really want to know the average salary of HRs. Some of them, especially the female ones act like they are gods.

3 Likes

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by shege45: 4:23pm On May 29, 2019
Sometimes i wonder why all these employers see themselves as gods
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by emkz: 4:23pm On May 29, 2019
kirkwood:
She looks quite cocky, even if she has studied in Harvard, and interned in Google and works at Goldman Sachs. Her mates are running successful businesses and she is here possessed by a wrong sense of self worth and such pettiness. Only a sack will correct her brain. I am not sexist or racist but let me just ask, can a male HR or a white female HR do this?

On the other hand, Most Nigerian HRs think they are gods.......American companies are begging folks to come work for them.

Unfortunately, Buhari has just been sworn in for the second time. So expect the worst, and lick asses to get work if you want it.

I support the person who wrote that thing to HR Amaka. I agree she's cocky (she looks it and speaks it) and I am always happy when companies fire them. Foreign HR personnel market their companies to prospective employees and the prospects sometimes do not have to market themselves. On the issue of being a good fit at an interview, I don't need an interview to tell you I can do the job. If you are a trained and experienced HR personnel, why not change the hiring model and see if it works? For instance, why not ask the person who called you out for your incompetence to take a chance at the job? Reward confidence and courage.

I once told an interviewer in Nigeria I am restless when she asked me why I wanted to quit my then job. She was angry and blatantly told me never say that in an interview. Guess what, that broke the ice and we had a discussion and not an interview. I got the job. It is with one of the first generation banks when banking was banking. So HR Amaka, take a chance with someone who stands out and not someone who carries superficiality in a desperation to get a job.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by luminouz(m): 4:24pm On May 29, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Nigerians and misplaced sentiments. Give them Lil authority and they turn dragons.
U smell like Drogon already!!! cheesy wink
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 29, 2019
theres always something wrong with single lady HRs, they hire based on the size of dicks they swallow.
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by Arkmanbuddy(m): 4:26pm On May 29, 2019
Amuocha:
Seen.

I want to see cabinet list from Buhari and Sanwo Wa before commenting angry

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by kirkwood: 4:28pm On May 29, 2019
Timekeeper:

Expect the worst for ur family alone... Pls font generalize, if u can never be positive in ur life, limit it to ursef.. Don't generalize

Get the f*ck out of my post a*s licker.

That's how you think, stupid.

Your positive statement is not going to feed millions of hungry people, frustrated by this government.

4 Likes

Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by lomprico(m): 4:30pm On May 29, 2019
Harddiskng:
Why do we have psychos in people oriented positions sad

I don’t see anything wrong with the mail, she obviously posted the part of the conversation she thought would favor her. It obvious from the mail she didn’t do her job like she was supposed to, why withhold feedback from the applicant and leave him in limbo.

The applicant has removed his mind from the matter, but she still posted his email online and thought it necessary to rant about absolutely nothing.

1) Total lack of confidentiality.
2) No respect for the applicant; she labeled him “beyond foolish” for following up with her. Really.
3) She would ignore her CEO’s recommendation for no concrete reason. Gross insubordination.

Can people like this in HR positions be fired already!! angry

Life is hard already, can we be more humane. If you think you should be revered like a god, leave earth and go pitch your tent in the realm of the gods.

Everything is wrong with it.

He does not know if the HR has been told otherwise or maybe they will send him d letter at an appropriate time.
If he was so eager why not go through the connections he had?

Nigger is plain rude, I won't hire such a person also.
Re: Amaka Anku: HR Manager Shares Mail She Got From Prospective Employee by VillagePipu: 4:35pm On May 29, 2019
From my experience with most HR guys, they expect you to worship them and suck up to them. When you give them brain reset, it pains them a lot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebiminor Preye, POP Designer Buys Lexus Jeep. Flaunts It Online (Photos) / Ranks Of The Nigerian Security And Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) / HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.