Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,408 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:59 PM

Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood (5207 Views)

Interested In Pos/agent Banking? Here Are Some Tips You Need To Know / How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? / Whatsapp Banking Now Works on Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by dingbang(m): 3:15pm On May 29, 2019
In line with the CBN's directive to drive financial inclusion to the under-banked and un-banked population, First Bank has emerged a leading financial inclusion service provider with over 23,000 Agents across every accessible LGA in Nigeria, to ensure the masses enjoy bespoke services through its Agent banking network coverage nationwide. This means that everyone irrespective of their location can carry out a wide range of transactions at a Firstmonie Agent store without the stress of going to the bank to perform the same transactions. You get to save yourself the time and cost of transportation/fuel when you visit a Firstmonie Agent near you.

How can you become a Firstmonie Agent?

First Bank is welcoming suitable business owners who are willing and capable of becoming Firstmonie Agents. To grab this opportunity, you need to:

1) Understand basic technology (know how to use a smart phone, emails, POS, etc.)
2) Have an existing business; operating from a permanent structure (rented or owned)
3) Have enough room within your shop or can create room for this service
4) Have a clean credit report
5) Have a minimum start-up capital of N50,000 for individuals and N250,000.00 for registered businesses.
6) Visit the First Bank branch closest to you to commence registration

How can you as a customer carry out transactions at the comfort of your vicinity?

Through our Firstmonie network, we are able to serve every Nigerian (Banked/ Unbanked; FIrstBank account holder/ Customers of other Banks; Young/Old). Customers are able to perform transactions either via cash or card (of any bank). Available services at our Agent locations include:

1) Cash Withdrawal (Any Bank)
2) Cash deposit
3) Funds Transfer (Intra and Interbank)
4) Airtime purchase
5) Bill payments such as Betting and lottery, Cable TV bills, Government collections, Internet services, Utility bills and many more.
6) Account opening
7) BVN enrollment services at designated areas

Each transaction attracts a very affordable charge except airtime purchase, account opening and BVN enrolment.

I see so many individuals on Nairaland asking questions about what to do with their money. They may not have an idea on how to expand their business or get additional streams of income; hence, this is the right opportunity for you.

I therefore urge every business owner to walk into the nearest FirstBank branch and partner with us!

#YouFirst #Firstmonie - close and simple!

Cc: lalasticlala, dominique

Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by Nobody: 9:56am On May 30, 2019
How is this different from POS business?
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by dingbang(m): 10:20am On May 30, 2019
ladiesreject:
How is this different from POS business?
you will be given a special kind of pos that performs the transactions listed above. Cash withdrawal drops instantly into your account instead of 24hrs

1 Like

Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by chiefboomite204(f): 10:38am On May 30, 2019
Yes, I understand how it works, what about the risk involve?
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by dingbang(m): 10:54am On May 30, 2019
chiefboomite204:
Yes, I understand how it works, what about the risk involve?
Security risk - mitigation - be observant

Fraud risk - mitigation- investigate your shop attendant very well if you aren't the one going to handle it,

never accept direct transfers into your account from customers.
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by chiefboomite204(f): 10:58am On May 30, 2019
dingbang:

Security risk - mitigation - be observant

Fraud risk - mitigation- investigate your shop attendant very well if you aren't the one going to handle it,

never accept direct transfers into your account from customers.

Thanks
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by DZTech: 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2019
dingbang:
you will be given a special kind of pos that performs the transactions listed above. Cash withdrawal drops instantly into your account instead of 24hrs
what are the commission rates for the different transactions?
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by Daisy7712: 5:02pm On Jul 17, 2019
I started my registration today.
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by bukunmiaina(f): 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2019
Will i get my pos immediately after registration or i have to meet some criteria before its given to me. Also what are the charges like and its commission?
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by Itzogunsakin(m): 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2019
Hi please my FirstBank app suddenly started getting stuck on the logging in page. How can I resolve this?

PS: My account is functional on another person's phone but keep getting stuck at the logging in page on mine.

I've uninstalled and installed again. Now it won't even let me activate my device
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by dingbang(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2019
Daisy7712:
I started my registration today.
very good.
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by dingbang(m): 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
Adecares

Good afternoon, I trust your day is going smoothly?

The details are well explained on this thread

cool
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by trilacos: 10:13pm On Aug 03, 2019
dingbang:
Adecares

Good afternoon, I trust your day is going smoothly?

The details are well explained on this thread

cool
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by ValentineJam: 8:26am On Aug 25, 2019
Hi dingbang, I have an issue I need to resolve.Recently I was debited with SMS alert charges about 5 times within hours which I added up to be 1,100..I'm planning on heading to the branch office on Monday.I want to know if there are charges I'm not aware of that would result in this unwarranted debits.
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by dingbang(m): 8:48am On Aug 25, 2019
ValentineJam:
Hi dingbang, I have an issue I need to resolve.Recently I was debited with SMS alert charges about 5 times within hours which I added up to be 1,100..I'm planning on heading to the branch office on Monday.I want to know if there are charges I'm not aware of that would result in this unwarranted debits.
apologies for the mix up, I believe the misunderstandings will be sorted out when you visit the branch for inquiries.
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by ValentineJam: 9:24am On Aug 25, 2019
dingbang:
apologies for the mix up, I believe the misunderstandings will be sorted out when you visit the branch for inquiries.
Thanks
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by Liftkid(m): 9:25am On Aug 25, 2019
my bet9ja shop is situated in ozubulu anambra state and i have the Intention to become a first money agent using a different shop very close to anambra state uni. not a first bank customer yet but i can become one if thats the requirement. i have at least 250k i want to invest in that and i already got a shop
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by dingbang(m): 9:57am On Aug 25, 2019
Liftkid:
my bet9ja shop is situated in ozubulu anambra state and i have the Intention to become a first money agent using a different shop very close to anambra state uni. not a first bank customer yet but i can become one if thats the requirement. i have at least 250k i want to invest in that and i already got a shop
you already havr all the requirements to become a first monie agent. You can visit the nearest first bank branch close to you to be on boarded. Cheers
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by Liftkid(m): 10:09am On Aug 25, 2019
dingbang:
you already havr all the requirements to become a first monie agent. You can visit the nearest first bank branch close to you to be on boarded. Cheers
bro, plz does it require a current acount?
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by dingbang(m): 11:20am On Aug 25, 2019
Liftkid:
bro, plz does it require a current acount?
yes, but the good news about this current account is that there are no charges! No COT or whatever.
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 25, 2019
dingbang:

Goodmorning, pls what kind of pos do they offer? Andriod pos or normal pos. Do i need to buy it outrightly or is it given frre? Am interested
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by dingbang(m): 1:38am On Aug 28, 2019
Amuatulu:

Goodmorning, pls what kind of pos do they offer? Andriod pos or normal pos. Do i need to buy it outrightly or is it given frre? Am interested
android pos. It is given free. Please visit any first bank branch to get enrolled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by thegraace: 8:22am On Aug 28, 2019
Hi, do I need to register a company before I will be given a POS Machine? I was told I needed to have a registered company. Or better still, is it advisable to buy POS myself than getting enrolled in Firstmoni
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by dingbang(m): 11:48pm On Aug 29, 2019
thegraace:
Hi, do I need to register a company before I will be given a POS Machine? I was told I needed to have a registered company. Or better still, is it advisable to buy POS myself than getting enrolled in Firstmoni
no you don't need to register a company before you can be given pos, our pos is given free of charge
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by Amhappy(f): 9:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
dingbang:
no you don't need to register a company before you can be given pos, our pos is given free of charge

What if I don't have a running business but want to start a POS centre as a first monie agent. I already have a rented shop.
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by kerzhim(m): 1:20pm On Nov 22, 2019
Pls can you kindly explain what the transaction charges is.
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by Udometuk5103(m): 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
I opened my current account with first bank at Sabo Yaba but intend to do the firstmoni business at Ikorodu, is this ok.
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by abdulgmusa(m): 1:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
Pls what do you want from me as an agent in order to start bvn registration?
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by Kizzygentle: 2:42am On Apr 19, 2021
I am an agent already. I used the pos machine to withdraw money for people but instead of withdrawing the exact money needed by the customer, firstbank removes extra 100 naira from the customers account after I have collected the charge fee. Why is it so? E.g you want to withdraw 5k and I charge you 100naira, after withdrawing the 5k and then giving me the 100 naira charge, firstbank still deducts 100naira from the customers account. Why?
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by erasergozy: 6:45am On Apr 19, 2021
Kizzygentle:
I am an agent already. I used the pos machine to withdraw money for people but instead of withdrawing the exact money needed by the customer, firstbank removes extra 100 naira from the customers account after I have collected the charge fee. Why is it so? E.g you want to withdraw 5k and I charge you 100naira, after withdrawing the 5k and then giving me the 100 naira charge, firstbank still deducts 100naira from the customers account. Why?

You don't charge customers for withdrawals, that will amount to double charging. you own charge for deposit, cash transfer, bill payment.
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by Kizzygentle: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2021
erasergozy:

You don't charge customers for withdrawals, that will amount to double charging. you own charge for deposit, cash transfer, bill payment.
Why is it so? Its not suppose to be. So when you wanna withdraw 1k, I shouldn't ask for a charge, so the bank will help me do my business.. Its trash mehn. They should withdraw from my own account not from the customers account. So when you wanna withdraw above the 100 naira charge that I should charge u, how do I do it?
Re: Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood by erasergozy: 10:55am On Apr 19, 2021
Kizzygentle:

Why is it so? Its not suppose to be. So when you wanna withdraw 1k, I shouldn't ask for a charge, so the bank will help me do my business.. Its trash mehn. They should withdraw from my own account not from the customers account. So when you wanna withdraw above the 100 naira charge that I should charge u, how do I do it?

I guess you are not one their agents or you must have jump training.
If you are a firstmonie agent do talk to your firstmonie officer for training, yours truly can step in for a token.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Global Energy News / Paypal Withdrawal Service From Fiverr, Up work // We Buy Skrill // Payoneer // / Peter Ololo: The Man Who Brought Down The Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.