Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

If You Are Studying In The Uk.. What Happens Afterwards? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Are Studying In The Uk.. What Happens Afterwards? (1103 Views)

I Want To Resign And Travel To The UK, What Do I Need To Know? / This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

If You Are Studying In The Uk.. What Happens Afterwards? by EndtimeBlessing: 3:05am On May 30, 2019
--This is sequel to my 2015 nairaland post on Tier 2 Visa https://www.nairaland.com/2436677/what-need-know-uk-tier

Congratulations you have a UK tier 4 Visa. One question most people ask is what happens afterwards?
These are some of the available options:
1) Progress to study at a higher level or the same level
2) Change to a Tier 2 Visa and gain work experience in the UK
3) Return to Nigeria after your studies
4) Find your way to other countries like Canada or Australia

If you are planning to progress to study at a higher level or the same level
This is an option if you like to:
i. Have a higher degree like Masters or Phd.
ii. Remain in the UK and have more time to plan your next move.
iii. Gain some work experience if you were fortunate to have a professional job while undertaking your first UK study.
iv. Save some money or build your credit. This works best if you have a spouse/dependent with an unlimited work right term Visa.
Whichever is your case, early planning is key. Start planning long before your current Visa runs out.

If options ii to iv is your target, you should be interested in courses and schools with low tuition fees. You should also be targeting courses with longer duration in other to have enough time to recuperate whatever you have spent on tuition.

From personal experience, securing that second or third admission for the next course is never an issue. In most cases, paying the initial deposit may not also be the biggest issue. The biggest issue is often where to get the leaving expenses money that should be in your account. In other to solve this, ensure you keep your Nigerian bank account and your source of fund that was used for your proof of fund when you initially got your CAS and Visa.

Remember, the longer you stay in the system, the more you will understand the system and brighten your chances of leaving outside Nigeria legitimately. I will be writing about the other options going forward.

Re: If You Are Studying In The Uk.. What Happens Afterwards? by popplm(m): 9:45am On Jun 25, 2019
Let me grab pop corn, nah here I go dey...go on sir

Re: If You Are Studying In The Uk.. What Happens Afterwards? by Phayie(m): 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
Why should one keep his Nigeria account?

Re: If You Are Studying In The Uk.. What Happens Afterwards? by popplm(m): 12:36pm On Sep 01, 2019
shocked cool

Dubai Metro Train Is 11 Years Old .....A Big Shoe For Naija To Fit In / Galilee / President Of Argentina Racist Comment Against Mexicans And Brazilians(photo)