Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,990 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen (15850 Views)

Makinde Sacks Auxilliary, Other Park Management Chiefs In Oyo / Makinde Sacks SSG, Commissioners, Others / Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:17am On May 30, 2019
agbangam:

Even if the election was fraudulent, is the governor now a law court His party should go to court and not unilaterally sack the elected chairmen. This is bad, supreme court needs to stop this.
keep quiet there..there should be real autonomy constitutional and political independence for local government so that they can function effectively..how can ajimobi organise elections just once...imagine...state electoral commission are d worst one can see

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by gwmlogistic: 7:20am On May 30, 2019
Mk93:
he has to get those who feel will be loyal and work for the development of the state and his reelection but I think there should be a law protecting local government officials. o think there should be a law saying they can only be removed by 2/3 of the state house of assembly
Local government chairman position is attained by elections, the governor should not have the power to thwart the will of the people. It's just like the president sacking state govenors.
But this is the norm in Nigeria, wonder why nobody has done anything about it all these while
Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by 2blessed01(m): 7:22am On May 30, 2019
Gud Dev.
Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by gwmlogistic: 7:23am On May 30, 2019
Sard:

The election was quite dubious. No other party contested throughout the state except APC.
It was a kangaroo election organized by Ajimobi to put his people in place sometimes last year. The first & only time he did LGA election in his 8 years, I think.

It was expected that Seyi would sack them.
IMO, he acted fast & well.
This could also imply that the president can sack state governors, this ain't healthy for democracy however it's the norm here and has been going unchecked since 1999
Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by Atk1nson(m): 7:24am On May 30, 2019
jeffkland:
Why does a state Governor have so much power to sack LG Chairmen. After all, they were also elected just like the Governor.

Election of LG is more a less a selection process because the State Electoral Commission is a mere rubber stamp for the governors. Until the process of electing LG becomes at least as credible as what INEC is doing, they will be treated as scum
Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by kolafolabi(m): 7:25am On May 30, 2019
jeffkland:
Why does a state Governor have so much power to sack LG Chairmen. After all, they were also elected just like the Governor.

Any political scientist in the house?

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by kolafolabi(m): 7:26am On May 30, 2019
Atk1nson:

Election of LG is more a less a selection process because the State Electoral Commission is a mere rubber stamp for the governors. Until the process of electing LG becomes at least as credible as what INEC is doing, they will be treated as scum

Well spoken

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by Nobody: 7:28am On May 30, 2019
gwmlogistic:

Local government chairman position is attained by elections, the governor should not have the power to thwart the will of the people. It's just like the president sacking state govenors.
But this is the norm in Nigeria, wonder why nobody has done anything about it all these while
I think many parts of the Nigerian constitution is faulty. the system is bleeped up and anti-development. we will remain $hit-hole with this type of system

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by Adedapo0909: 7:39am On May 30, 2019
jeffkland:

they were not elected. they were appointed
Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by thebiggestgists(m): 7:43am On May 30, 2019
post=78847265:
Getting the right people to work with you that you can vouch for is the way democracy work that will move the nation forward.

Just as we are telling our daddy to make sure that this time around, we have the right man or woman to head the senate, unlike the last 4 years, that we had an enemy of the country as the number 3 man in Nigeria.
The worst senate President in the history of Nigeria!

It is funny that wailers, Aka. children of hate and perdition that praised Jonathan and David Mark working together for 6 years, are the same miserable things now coming around to say Nigeria must have a senate president that will be against the president for the nation to move forward.
Lower animals everywhere!! cheesy

Who said that o

Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by yesloaded: 7:44am On May 30, 2019
Sard:

The election was quite dubious. No other party contested throughout the state except APC.
It was a kangaroo election organized by Ajimobi to put his people in place sometimes last year. The first & only time he did LGA election in his 8 years, I think.

It was expected that Seyi would sack them.
IMO, he acted fast & well.
Well said

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by Praiizz(m): 7:44am On May 30, 2019
Getting the right people to work with you that you can vouch for is the way democracy work that will move the nation forward.

Just as we are telling our daddy to make sure that this time around, we have the right man or woman to head the senate, unlike the last 4 years, that we had an enemy of the country as the number 3 man in Nigeria.
The worst senate President in the history of Nigeria!

It is funny that wailers, Aka. children of hate and perdition that praised Jonathan and David Mark working together for 6 years, are the same miserable things now coming around to say Nigeria must have a senate president that will be against the president for the nation to move forward.[/b]
Lower animals everywhere!!

Yen Yen Yen... Ode
Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by femarse: 8:11am On May 30, 2019
kolafolabi:

Any political scientist in the house?

you have one here
contrary to the 1979 constitution that make adequate provision for LG autonomy and remove all tampering by state government (note that tampering of LG by state government has been in existence since 1960 and lg is mere extension of state govt political tool)the 1999 does not give any constitutional provision for LG and all LG position can be determined by state government, what goes to the LG is what the state government determine , hence all state government since 1999 has taken advantage of these loop holes , seyi makinde is not an exception , and before u make noise , ajumobi did the same thing and through out 8 years, he only conducted lg elections just once last year and all the seat were swept by APC candidate (fraud of the highest order ). even if what seyi did was wrong, the election that brought those crook guys in was invalid in the first place , I stop making noise on LG because the Constitution does not protect them in the first place , LG was an extensive course on its own in the field of political science
some school has it as a stand alone course , when I finish with that course , I see where all the state government injustice were all coming from
don't blame the state governor, blame the Constitution that gives them the loop holes in the first place , mind you ,those that wrote the 1999 constitution knows about this loop holes but decided to put LG under state govt for monitoring, also be mindful that when LG where given full autonomy in 1979 constitution, close to a trillion naira was transfer from FG to LG directly with little or nothing to show for it , this is one of the justification for putting them under state govt

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by McRhymesman: 8:12am On May 30, 2019
This is too soon

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by Paentera(m): 8:50am On May 30, 2019
I trust the Federal Ministry of Finance. There will be no FAAC allocations to Oyo State. Maybe after this will the governor & his team come to their senses
Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by Hiwiyyahah: 8:51am On May 30, 2019

Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by Banter1(m): 9:08am On May 30, 2019
jeffkland:
bro, it's very unfortunate they have this power. LG need total autonomy.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by hush15: 9:25am On May 30, 2019
jeffkland:

Because the state laws permit it.
Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by Sard(m): 10:37am On May 30, 2019
agbangam:

Even if the election was fraudulent, is the governor now a law court His party should go to court and not unilaterally sack the elected chairmen. This is bad, supreme court needs to stop this.

gwmlogistic:

This could also imply that the president can sack state governors, this ain't healthy for democracy however it's the norm here and has been going unchecked since 1999

Except you guys want to act oblivious of the fact. We all know that the LG does not have total autonomy. So, yes, the governor can sack them if he so wishes.
Besides, it was the same lack of autonomy that made Ajimobi organize election only in his last year. What has he been doing for the first 7 years?
If LG was as autonomous as you are making it look like now, you think PDP and other parties wouldn't have gone to court to challenge Ajimobi's decision not to conduct election for 7 years?
Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by blacknp(m): 12:55pm On May 30, 2019
agbangam:
I thought there was a court judgment that said no Governor has the power to sack LGA chairmen since they were elected just like the governors . Well the chairmen if they were properly elected should challenge this action in court.
President Buhari has sacked all Governors and told them to hand over to the Chief Judges in their various states,how undemocratic is that?
Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by blacknp(m): 12:59pm On May 30, 2019
Sard:

Except you guys want to act oblivious of the fact. We all know that the LG does not have total autonomy. So, yes, the governor can sack them if he so wishes.
Besides, it was the same lack of autonomy that made Ajimobi organize election only in his last year. What has he been doing for the first 7 years?
If LG was as autonomous as you are making it look like now, you think PDP and other parties wouldn't have gone to court to challenge Ajimobi's decision not to conduct election for 7 years?
Stop narrating rubbish,go and read the Constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (As Amended) again,there is no where it states that the Governor can interfere with The Local Government,the power lies in the state House of Assembly not the Governor.
Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by sreamsense: 1:25pm On May 30, 2019
JasonScoolari:
grin

Good one from my friend, Engr. Seyi Makinde, he has come to get Oyo state working again. Unlike one miscreant from Kogi state owing workers 38months salary.

Just look at the 2 weeping boys above me...
grin

Do you think he can satisfy human being? Give him 8 months from now, he will begin to see insult s firing from different angle towards him. All these gra-gra will soon come down, I pray he succeeds, but believe me, human beings are the most difficult animals to rule in this world. I would have like him not to donate his salary directly like that, collect your salary, but don't steal public money. All these to satisfy people will no longer be remember when they defend on him especially if he can not pay N30,000 minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by victorDanladi: 1:47pm On May 30, 2019
I love Ajimobi

I am going to miss him!

He transformed Ibadan city and major Oyo towns to my taste!

I could remember how Ibadan city looked like when I entered U.I in 2009!

God bless Ajimobi.
Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by victorDanladi: 1:47pm On May 30, 2019
I love Ajimobi

I am going to miss him!

He transformed Ibadan city and major Oyo towns to my taste!

I could remember how Ibadan city looked like when I entered U.I in 2009!

God bless Ajimobi.
Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by victorDanladi: 1:50pm On May 30, 2019
sreamsense:

Do you think he can satisfy human being? Give him 8 months from now, he will begin to see insult s firing from different angle towards him. All these gra-gra will soon come down, I pray he succeeds, but believe me, human beings are the most difficult animals to rule in this world. I would have like him not to donate his salary directly like that, collect your salary, but don't steal public money. All these to satisfy people will no longer be remember when they defend on him especially if he can not pay N30,000 minimum wage.
ESPECIALLY IBADAN PEOPLE!

THEY ARE ANTI-DEVELOPMENT.

THE BEST WAY HE CAN SATISFY THEM IS TO START DISTRIBUTING MONEY (PDP STYLE)
Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by lexyj123(f): 1:58pm On May 30, 2019
You want to set up your CATFISH HATCHERY OR HAVING SOME PROBLEMS, Visit[url] axiomgracefishfarms..com[/url] to know more about catfish hatchery set up, how to combat water challenges, how to battle infections of all kind.
in case your problems / challenges are not addressed, kindly leave comments behind and we shall respond immediately.
catfish market is insatiable and it come with a long value chain.
Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by Degift: 2:09pm On May 30, 2019
Mk93:
he has to get those who feel will be loyal and work for the development of the state and his reelection but I think there should be a law protecting local government officials. i think there should be a law saying they can only be removed by 2/3 of the state house of assembly

Even with that, the same will still happen as PDP currently has more than 2/3 of the Oyo State House of Assembly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by gwmlogistic: 5:15pm On May 30, 2019
Sard:

Illegality does not correct illegality. I only wonder why nobody has not taken the matter to court or constitution ammended. This will only mean that local government chairmen are house boys to the state govenor

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde Sacks Council, Board Chairmen by Alejobs: 9:08pm On Jun 16, 2019
Don't forget your mum's advice? She is speaking from a place of love and experience

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akeredolu Signs Anti-Open Grazing Bill Into Law / How President Broke The Jinx At NNPC - By Femi Adesina / Bawa Sues DSS Over ‘Illegal Detention’ For Over 120 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.