Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition (27058 Views)

South African President Ramaphosa Stares At Sindisiwe Chikunga Backside / Schoolgirl Too Comfortable With SA President Ramaphosa In Viral Video / President Ramaphosa Booed At Mugabe's Burial (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by References: 3:34pm On May 30, 2019
On May 11, 2019, Ramaphosa’s African National Congress (ANC) won the elections with only 57 percent of the votes, and was sworn in as president on May 25, 2019.

In another 96 hours after May 25, Ramaphosa named his cabinet and became the third president on the continent to have a gender-balanced cabinet, after Rwanda and Ethiopia.

While addressing the press on Wednesday evening at the Union Buildings in the capital city of Tshwane, Ramaphosa revealed that he had cut cabinet down the number of ministries in the country from 36 to 28.

The cabinet announced by the 66-year-old president had 14 men and 14 women to achieve gender parity.

“To promote greater coherence, better coordination and improved efficiency, we (are) reducing the number of ministers from 36 to 28,” Ramaphosa said.

“This is a significant move of downscaling our state. Many people believed our government was bloated and this was agreed right across the board. All South Africans are acutely aware of the great economic difficulties our country has been experiencing.

“It is therefore imperative, we place priority on revitalising our economy while exercising the greatest care in the use of public funds. For the first time in the history of our country, half of all ministers are women.”

Patricia De Lille, the leader of an opposition party and former mayor of Cape Town, was also named as minister of public works and infrastructure.

Reacting to her appointment, De Lille said: “I am deeply honoured and humbled to have received the call to serve as a Minister of South Africa’s new cabinet. I have fought for justice in our country for more than 40 years and have no plans to give up fighting.”

The South African rand reacted positively to Ramaphosa’s cabinet, strengthening by 0.5 percent, after an initial loss of one percent before he named the ministers.

www.thecable.ng/south-african-president-names-cabinet-96-hours-after-inauguration-includes-opposition

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by References: 3:54pm On May 30, 2019
Lalasticlala.... This should be on front page so as to urge a particular African country to do same which could help jolt investor confidence a bit.....

Travelling to Yemen or Baku çant help it Sir......
Charity begins at home.......

Moreover...am expecting Ramaphosa to blame Nelson Mandela....Sir...thanks...

189 Likes 9 Shares

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by vengertime: 5:48pm On May 30, 2019
Our own is still looking for skinny people

O, Nigeria what did we do to ourselves with this useless old illiterate grandpa

145 Likes 11 Shares

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 30, 2019
I laugh in APC and PDP.

3 Likes

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Lamasta(m): 5:48pm On May 30, 2019
A responsible Leader already knows where he's going before boarding a cab. One President from Nigeria will have to set up a committee that will look into the selection of cabinet members and report after one month. grin

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by EmekaBlue(m): 5:48pm On May 30, 2019
What do you want to hear from us...

We all know we have a snail bigot man heading diz country

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Omo9ja147(m): 5:49pm On May 30, 2019
Na na oo...when person go be FTC
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by dingbang(m): 5:49pm On May 30, 2019
Did you see? He included opposition and ensured gender equality in his cabinet.

May God help us in this country, Amen

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by ifymadu: 5:49pm On May 30, 2019
Countries that have the living as presiding officers, some countries I know of will name its cabinet members months after inauguration. #snailspeed

28 Likes

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by oz4real83(m): 5:49pm On May 30, 2019
He prepared for govt before running in the election. Buhari will tell u he didn't want to contest but was forced by his friends and that even the party form was also bought by his friends because he was very good. Atiku also said the same thing. Yar'dua was also forced to run for presidency. Jonathan became president by accident. Obj was made president to compensate south west for MkO. None of our presidents has ever been ready to run for presidency. It came as a shock to them when they won, it took them long to recover from the shock and that's why it also took long for them to form their cabinets!!

115 Likes 12 Shares

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by ken6488(m): 5:49pm On May 30, 2019
grin

Not in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 30, 2019
Deed22:
Hi

Show us your bank balance dakun.

6 Likes

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by specie103(m): 5:49pm On May 30, 2019
Expect Bubu cabinet two weeks to the end of the year grin grin grin

19 Likes

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by solmusdesigns: 5:49pm On May 30, 2019
grin

serious country and party

2 Likes

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 30, 2019
This is what happens when your president is a university ggraduate , instead of an illiterate farmer who likes the song titled "Las Las school na scam"

When you have a graduate as a president it shows in every way, from thought processes to economic policies

You can't elect a stark illiterate as president and then be expecting him to act like this that's very unfair .

Don't compare buhari to other educated presidents compare him to other illiterate presidents then you would see he is trying for his low education Level.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Mayor08: 5:50pm On May 30, 2019
Good day, please I'm really in need of a part-time job. I'm working but my earning is little, I really need means to earn more,like an online job or task...
I really need them cause I have some responsibilities which I've been unable to solve cause my salary isn't enough..really need a part-time hustle..please help

1 Like

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by leofab(f): 5:50pm On May 30, 2019
People with brain.

2 Likes

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by tstx(m): 5:50pm On May 30, 2019
A sane president

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Amowap2019(m): 5:51pm On May 30, 2019
hmmm! Unlike Somebody here, I won't mention Anybody, am not calling anybody at all ooo

19 Likes

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 30, 2019
functioning country with politicians that have functioning brain and voters with functioning brain also.
not the I am earning in 5 figures monthly so not my problem citizens , the citizens who depends on government stipends and the ones who go hungry and still smile that we have in Nigeria.

we all a bunch of educated illiterate in Nigeria

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by borntoexcel2000(m): 5:52pm On May 30, 2019
Country with class...this is commendable. Nigerians hope we can learn from this.
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by lawman88(m): 5:52pm On May 30, 2019
This is great. Country that is determined to move up unlike naija...
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Rebuke: 5:52pm On May 30, 2019
Good. When there's something upstairs it's not hard to see.

That's a pure display of absolute preparedness and readiness to work.

Not some power hugry set of people who only crave for power but lack vision and completely clueless about good leadership.

7 Likes

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Teewhy2: 5:53pm On May 30, 2019
grin grin angry
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by helinues: 5:53pm On May 30, 2019
How long would it take our darling president this time? Only time will tell
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Gforce2019: 5:53pm On May 30, 2019
Buhari has named his cabinets also. Media house should broadcast it now .

Babatunde Fashola is still work minister
Rotimi Amaechi is still transport minister.

Pm for other names in the cabinet list
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Kingluqman(m): 5:54pm On May 30, 2019
Buhari no go like this story ooo

Oppo wetin? gringrin

4 Likes

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by federalgoddey(m): 5:55pm On May 30, 2019
our oga @ the top should copyright

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

North Korea Fires Projectiles Into Sea For Second Week Running / Sky TV Reporters Covering The War In Kyiv Come Under Heavy Gunfire (Video) / New Zealand Officially Enters 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.