Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition (27056 Views)

South African President Ramaphosa Stares At Sindisiwe Chikunga Backside / Schoolgirl Too Comfortable With SA President Ramaphosa In Viral Video / President Ramaphosa Booed At Mugabe's Burial (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by SaintLucia: 7:04pm On May 30, 2019
dingbang:
so you saying the president of Nigeria cannot choose his ministers based on gender equality?
Read my comment boy, where did u see minister? However, the President choose his minister in a presidential system and have the power to also sack any minister. The Prime Minister is chosen by the members of the Parliament with the highest seats. The Prime Minister cannot sack any of his minister cos the system is a collective responsibility. The Executive are also the legislature in a Parliament system of government. The Executive and the lawmakers are two different arms of government in a presidential system.

Lastly there must be a vote of confidence pass on the government in a Parliament system before they can begin to function or else that government will collapse and another election will be call to hold.

The beauty of democracy is that whether parliamentary or president, political party are voted based on their ideology and manifesto, so you don't share portfolios with opposition or else they will rubbish your government so that people will think your party isnt performing base on the masses expectation and the party u shared your portfolios will just use that against you to get back into power.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Sonnobax15(m): 7:06pm On May 30, 2019
VULCAN:
So you completely missed the incredible feat of a cabinet that was appointed in 4days while your God Buhari used 6months.

He was reappointed yesterday and has gone to Saudi to hobnob on how to finish his islamisation agenda within 4yrs.

That's more important to him than appointing a new cabinet

Time is all he need...better late than never..or should i say better late than to suffer from irreversible mistakes made like in his first tenure prior to the pandemonium caused by the PDP??...am so cocksure bros buhari will perform excellently well this time around!..my take tho..

1 Like

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 30, 2019
CORRECT!... #sane president /sane country!

unlike some shithole ruler that appoints predominantly incompetent ministers after 6 whole months.

1 Like

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by SaintLucia: 7:06pm On May 30, 2019
lexy2014:

No true. D president of south Africa isn't elected by Parliament. South Africa doesn't run a Parliamentary system of govt
So which system of government do they practice? Abeg tell us o cos everything dey online, in fact South African profile dey on Wikipedia. I want know the system.
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Henri8: 7:09pm On May 30, 2019
Buhari you see your colleagues?
Yours na to jet out to Saudi Arabia go slam head for ground.

1 Like

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by dingbang(m): 7:10pm On May 30, 2019
SaintLucia:
Read my comment boy, where did u see minister? However, the President choose his minister in a presidential system and have the power to also sack any minister. The Prime Minister is chosen by the members of the Parliament with the highest seats. The Prime Minister cannot sack any of his minister cos the system is a collective responsibility. The Executive are also the legislature in a Parliament system of government. The Executive and the lawmakers are two different arms of government in a presidential system.

Lastly there must be a vote of confidence pass on the government in a Parliament system before they can begin to function or else that government will collapse and another election will be call to hold.

The beauty of democracy is that whether parliamentary or president, political party are voted based on their ideology and manifesto, so you don't share portfolios with opposition or else they will rubbish your government so that people will think your party isnt performing base on the masses expectation and the party u shared your portfolios will just use that against you to get back into power.
I am just laughing at you because my post was only about the president choosing a gender equality based cabinet and also picking ffrom the opposition, you obviously didnt read or comprehend what I typed and you started fooling yourself.

2 Likes

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by lexy2014: 7:12pm On May 30, 2019
SaintLucia:
So which system of government do they practice? Abeg tell us o cos everything dey online, in fact South African profile dey on Wikipedia. I want know the system.

Presidential system

1 Like

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by poseidon12: 7:13pm On May 30, 2019
oz4real83:
He prepared for govt before running in the election. Buhari will tell u he didn't want to contest but was forced by his friends and that even the party form was also bought by his friends because he was very good. Atiku also said the same thing. Yar'dua was also forced to run for presidency. Jonathan became president by accident. Obj was made president to compensate south west for MkO. None of our presidents has ever been ready to run for presidency. It came as a shock to them when they won, it took them long to recover from the shock and that's why it also took long for them to form their cabinets!!

Atiku was ready to hit the ground running.

1 Like

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by poseidon12: 7:15pm On May 30, 2019
helinues:
How long would it take our darling president this time? Only time will tell

Your "darling" President?
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by osazsky(m): 7:19pm On May 30, 2019
Baba go slow pls prove them wrong this time,nor fall my hand
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by 2blessed01(m): 7:21pm On May 30, 2019
This Is What We Call....DEMOCRACY!!!
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by lexy2014: 7:24pm On May 30, 2019
Sonnobax15:
Time is all he need...better late than never..or should i say better late than to suffer from irreversible mistakes made like in his first tenure prior to the pandemonium caused by the PDP??...am so cocksure bros buhari will perform excellently well this time around!..my take tho..

How much time does a president need 2 appoint a csbinet that u say "time is all he needs"? What were d irreversible mistakes d president made in his first tenure despite it took him 6months 2 appoint a cabinet? What was d pandemonium caused by PDP?

Since u say
Sonnobax15:
am so cocksure bros buhari will perform excellently well this time around!..my take tho..
It implies that buhari didn't do well in his first tenure.

1 Like

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by lexy2014: 7:28pm On May 30, 2019
osazsky:
Baba go slow pls prove them wrong this time,nor fall my hand

Oga, d president travelled to Saudi. When he comes back will he not rest first? He will need 2 rest after such a long trip. Do u think going 2 Saudi is like going from Lagos to Ibadan? Its very far if u don't no. After resting, he will need 2 attend 2 Aisha and d children. U aren't married so u won't understand. Ehen, u no he announced June 12 as democracy day. Guy abeg u go wait. Another public holiday loading. Omo, c groove. Am sure they will throw party at Aso rock. Buhari will b d host. Its not going 2b easy. He will need 2b present 4d party. It's very serious work. U think its easy to attend party? Then after that, he will need 2 call his doctor in London 2 book appointment after all that June 12 stress. U can't appoint cabinet when u have something 2do in London. Let's c how d doctors appointment goes first. We can't say how long it will take to b in London. U no its not good 2 disobey ur doctor. D president will do his job, don't worry

1 Like

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by desmond2pk: 7:37pm On May 30, 2019
When nigerians were shouting even if buhari came with nepa bill, that they would vote for him, i knew we are going to enter into problem soon. Here we are today with the most backwardish government ever in the history of the world.
Nigerians you got what you requested

1 Like

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Sonnobax15(m): 7:42pm On May 30, 2019
lexy2014:

How much time does a president need 2 appoint a csbinet that u say "time is all he needs"? What were d irreversible mistakes d president made in his first tenure despite it took him 6months 2 appoint a cabinet? What was d pandemonium caused by PDP?

Since u say

His first tenure was filled up with alot of unidentified enemies in his cabinet!..dat shouldn't be arqueable because even buhari made mention it so crystal clear about saraki and doqara beinq d reason for his low performance...bt since d duo and their likes ain't qona b in his new cabinet,lets sit back and watch!

1 Like

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by lexy2014: 7:47pm On May 30, 2019
Sonnobax15:
His first tenure was filled up with alot of unidentified enemies in his cabinet!..dat shouldn't be arqueable because even buhari made mention it so crystal clear about saraki and doqara beinq d reason for his low performance...bt since d duo and their likes ain't qona b in his new cabinet,lets sit back and watch!

It took buhari 6months 2 appoint his cabinet. Wasn't that enough time 2 separate enemies from friends? What has Saraki& dogara got 2do with d issue of buhari not appointing his cabinet on time? Were they part of buharis cabinet? Are u sure u understand what u are saying about Saraki& dogara being in buharis cabinet?

Meanwhile, u didn't even answer d questions I asked

lexy2014:

Since u say

"am so cocksure bros buhari will perform excellently well this time around!..my take tho.."

1 Like

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by galadima77(m): 7:47pm On May 30, 2019
oz4real83:
He prepared for govt before running in the election. Buhari will tell u he didn't want to contest but was forced by his friends and that even the party form was also bought by his friends because he was very good. Atiku also said the same thing. Yar'dua was also forced to run for presidency. Jonathan became president by accident. Obj was made president to compensate south west for MkO. None of our presidents has ever been ready to run for presidency. It came as a shock to them when they won, it took them long to recover from the shock and that's why it also took long for them to form their cabinets!!

Your brain dey intact... Tiri gbosa!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by naijaschoolguru(m): 7:54pm On May 30, 2019
lexy2014:

Presidential system
Bros you are absolutely wrong.
South Africa is a parliamentary republic/democracy with a three-tier system of government. The government of South Africa operates under a parliamentary system as a representative democratic republic. This government framework means that the general population elects individuals to represent their The executive branch of government is made up of the President, the Deputy President, and the Cabinet of Ministers.
The President is elected by the members of the National Assembly, which makes up part of the legislative branch. During the presidential election, the candidates must hold seats within the National Assembly. These seats are forfeited upon election in order to serve the 5-year term as President. The presidency is limited to 2 terms. The responsibilities of this position include: acting as a national leader under constitutional guidelines, standing as Commander-in-Chief of the military, and appointing the Cabinet of Ministers and justices of the highest courts. Additionally, the President signs bills into law, has veto power, and negotiates international treaties..
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Sonnobax15(m): 8:01pm On May 30, 2019
lexy2014:

It took buhari 6months 2 appoint his cabinet. Wasn't that enough time 2 separate enemies from friends? What has Saraki& dogara got 2do with d issue of buhari not appointing his cabinet on time? Were they part of buharis cabinet? Are u sure u understand what u are saying about Saraki& dogara being in buharis cabinet?

Meanwhile, u didn't even answer d questions I asked

He shouldn't be rushed...slow and steady they say wins the race!...in as much as he knows who and who to appoint into his cabinet and people who have d qood interest of our nation in their hearts,i suqqest qivinq him the time he needs should be considerable...bt nt a week like in the case of southie.:.every country with their different size of wahala...becux e work 4 southie,e no mean say e qo work 4 9ja..
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by lexy2014: 8:03pm On May 30, 2019
naijaschoolguru:

Bros you are absolutely wrong.
South Africa is a parliamentary republic/democracy with a three-tier system of government. The government of South Africa operates under a parliamentary system as a representative democratic republic. This government framework means that the general population elects individuals to represent their The executive branch of government is made up of the President, the Deputy President, and the Cabinet of Ministers.
The President is elected by the members of the National Assembly, which makes up part of the legislative branch. During the presidential election, the candidates must hold seats within the National Assembly. These seats are forfeited upon election in order to serve the 5-year term as President. The presidency is limited to 2 terms. The responsibilities of this position include: acting as a national leader under constitutional guidelines, standing as Commander-in-Chief of the military, and appointing the Cabinet of Ministers and justices of the highest courts. Additionally, the President signs bills into law, has veto power, and negotiates international treaties..

ok
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by lexy2014: 8:11pm On May 30, 2019
Sonnobax15:
He shouldn't be rushed...slow and steady they say wins the race!...in as much as he knows who and who to appoint into his cabinet and people who have d qood interest of our nation in their hearts,i suqqest qivinq him the time he needs should be considerable...bt nt a week like in the case of southie.:.every country with their different size of wahala...becux e work 4 southie,e no mean say e qo work 4 9ja..

oga, is buhari d first president to rule nigeria? u havent answered any question i have asked. u are just dancing around them.

lexy2014:

Since u say

"am so cocksure bros buhari will perform excellently well this time around!..my take tho.."

u said this:

Sonnobax15:

and this was my response:

lexy2014:

pls answer d questions that d discussion has thrown up

1 Like

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by lexy2014: 8:12pm On May 30, 2019
SaintLucia:

u were on point about the south african system of govt. cheers

2 Likes

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Sonnobax15(m): 8:19pm On May 30, 2019
lexy2014:

oga, is buhari d first president to rule nigeria? u havent answered any question i have asked. u are just dancing around them.

u said this:

pls answer d questions that d discussion has thrown up
He needs time!...thatz all..
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by lexy2014: 8:28pm On May 30, 2019
Sonnobax15:
He needs time!...thatz all..

oga how much time? is buhari nigerias first president? what was the precedence?

pls answer d following:

How much time does a president need 2 appoint a cabinet that u say "time is all he needs"? What were d irreversible mistakes d president made in his first tenure despite it took him 6months 2 appoint a cabinet? What was d pandemonium caused by PDP?

Since u say

u said this:

Sonnobax15:

[/quote]
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by d33types: 8:29pm On May 30, 2019
Seun Osewa ,I can confidently conclude that you're hell bent on not only making money from every and anyway possible,but also bent on destroying the little image Nigeria has. You are the worst,non challant programmer ever made.

What in God's name is a ritualist doing advertising on a front-page ?

Are your mods and you so useless?
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by madridsta007(m): 8:42pm On May 30, 2019
References:
Lalasticlala.... This should be on front page so as to urge a particular African country to do same which could help jolt investor confidence a bit.....

Travelling to Yemen or Baku çant help it Sir......
Charity begins at home.......

Moreover...am expecting Ramaphosa to blame Nelson Mandela....Sir...thanks...

Hahahah!
The head of that country has zoomed off to OIC— Organisation of Islamic Countries conference.

He doesn’t send anyone and he knows Nigerians are too divided to send him.

2 Likes

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by jaxxy(m): 9:28pm On May 30, 2019
Sonnobax15:
So buhari should appoint niqqas from opposition parties??...hell no!...he must had learnt his lessons from the saraki's and co's saqa durinq his first tenure...no sane man would wana repeat a mistake that almost cost him his head...simply because it's qona work in southie doesn't mean it'll work in 9ja..

It doesn’t have to be Saraki there are many good and credible people in the opposition the government can work with. Many countries also do coalition governments so it’s not strange or bad.

It shows a mentality of inclusiveness. Which is always better.

1 Like

Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by MrCEO69(m): 10:36pm On May 30, 2019
Where is yarrimo and BBQ, when is our bubu coming out with his 6 month again grin grin grin grin Well watin concern me. He is the best that has happen to Nigeria shey.
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by ThePreachersSon: 11:05pm On May 30, 2019
South Africa operates a Parliamentary system of government. All the ministers are members of its Parliament. But in Nigeria the process is long and stressful, even if the president knows who he wants to make his cabinet now, he has to wait. He has to wait because the current National Assembly is yet to be dissolved, and a new one inaugurated. But once a new Parliament seats the president has no excuse.
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by lawman88(m): 11:07pm On May 30, 2019
Mayor08:

Just checked the site..can you tell me more on it.
How long it takes to get someone
How to set a cool profile
Fields that are in high demand
Pick subjects that are related to your studies and set a good profit picture and also a good statement "about you". Note: Tuteria will give you test but others will not give test. So before you choose subjects on Tuteria, make sure you are good on the subject. Check tutors in Kano on the platforms, you will see my profile. Ugwu Lawrence
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Nobody: 12:11am On May 31, 2019
96hrs after inauguration, one old dull man go dey Mecca dey find way to Islamise the country
Re: President Ramaphosa Names Cabinet 96Hours After Inauguration Includes opposition by Nobody: 12:15am On May 31, 2019
ThePreachersSon:
South Africa operates a Parliamentary system of government. All the ministers are members of its Parliament. But in Nigeria the process is long and stressful, even if the president knows who he wants to make his cabinet now, he has to wait. He has to wait because the current National Assembly is yet to be dissolved, and a new one inaugurated. But once a new Parliament seats the president has no excuse.
Wrong!! SA operates a presidential system. Only thing is they introduced some peculiarities to suit their vision for their country not just swallow the darn thing hook line and sinker. Their head of government is referred to as president not prime minister

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

North Korea Fires Projectiles Into Sea For Second Week Running / New Zealand Officially Enters 2022 / Sky TV Reporters Covering The War In Kyiv Come Under Heavy Gunfire (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.