Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,114 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:11 AM

How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? (2047 Views)

Obasanjo Uncovers Plot To Hand Over To Military Should Jonathan Lose / Five PDP Governors Will Join APC – Oyegun / Governors Will Abuse State Police - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by Agboola1(m): 7:32pm On May 05, 2007
Going by the threat of EFCC to cage corrupt Governors after May 29th when they all must have lost their immunities against persecution. How many governors do you think will physically be present to hand over to their successors and how many will escape the sledge hammer of Ribadu?

what do you think?
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by dkoko4(m): 12:08pm On May 06, 2007
Tinubu will be the first to run like the coward he is, thats why he wants pedro out ,so hes stooge (new deputy)will hand over to his boy (new gov).dont forget hes still familiar with the nadeco route, seme or cotonou border.
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by con9ja: 3:40pm On May 06, 2007
@d-koko don't be too sure this one that Tinubu has gone to see Yar'adua, The guy is a smart politicians and he seems to know how to play he's cards,
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by Backslider(m): 5:18pm On May 06, 2007
@con9ja

You just wait and see.

THE GOVERNORS SHOULD BE USED AS SCAPE GOATS AT LEAST LET THEM BE GIVEN 20years to 100years so as to tell the young ones that corruption is not the way and put fear in the hearts of the new governors.

The governors must be Jailed at all cost It will be the sign of success.

If the new Governors must Succeed we have to Jail the Old ones. Thank God No coup Happened. Wether You are PDP or not Once you are found to be Liable they must Go to Jail. If OBJ is found Liable Let him Go to Jail.
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by Echidime(m): 1:20pm On May 07, 2007
Only Orji Uzor Kalu, Abia state governor can stay to hand over, for he is a HIT man grin grin grin grin
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by Agboola1(m): 2:45pm On May 07, 2007
unconfirmed report reaching me says that Tinubu and Nnamani has left the country for the fear of EFCC.

can someone confirm this?
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by DeepSoul(f): 5:33pm On May 07, 2007
The EFCC claim to be working hand in hand with other agencies eg The Police, Immigrations etc.

How dem wan carry escape? especially Obj's enemies.
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 07, 2007
i definitely know tinubu wont wait to hand over. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by Danmasani(m): 6:32pm On May 07, 2007
Dariye, my 'governor' must be watched with all eyes shinning shocked shocked. No 'dodging dodging' please. Ribadu, watch Dariye abeg! grin grin
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by GNature(m): 8:54pm On May 07, 2007
Governor Duke of Cross Rivers State (might even become a minister).

James Ibori bank-rolled the Yar 'Adua/Goodluck campaign, so I don't think the EFCC will go after him.

FOLKS !  Remember, the EFCC wouldn't go after anyone without the blessing of Yar 'Adua. I think Yar 'Adua is going to let a lot of PDP faithfuls get off the hook. Infact, there is no doubt about that. That is why everyone is kissing up to him.

Anyone who seriously believes Yar 'Adua is going to let the EFCC go after all the governors, corrupt or not, after May 29th is just day dreaming.

Some of them are going to go scott free.

Lets wait and see.
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by Agboola1(m): 7:15am On May 08, 2007
Tinubu is still in town. confirmed
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by DeepSoul(f): 7:18pm On May 08, 2007
@GNature

Donald Duke become a minister ke?? Isn't he the same person who declined the vice presidential seat offered to him on the basis of it being degrading

And who's the real "blessing giver"?

Yar Adua or Obj??

Methinks the new administration is being designed to give Obj his much desired 3rd term in
disguise. The power to bless or curse is gonna remain with Obj even after Yar Adua becomes president, Except Yar Adua turns out to be smarter than most people expevt him to be
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by duduyemi: 7:26pm On May 08, 2007
ah men, i would have loved to see Duke as either Vp or pResident but anyway,
ye , i dont think tinubu is gonna run, he is palling up wiff yardua.and trying to backstab atiku, so that might change things, but hey , u never really know, lets all wait and see
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by angel101(f): 9:58am On May 10, 2007
for Gods sake i hope Luck Igbinedion gets to face the music even if he's the only one!

Is Dariye still governor?
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by Tornadoz(m): 10:05am On May 10, 2007
angel101:

for Gods sake i hope Luck Igbinedion gets to face the music even if he's the only one!

Is Dariye still governor?
I wish it would happen but sadly I can't see it happening. Shame.
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by mazaje(m): 10:36am On May 10, 2007
(offtopic)
Hey Danmasani am from J town too, just extending some warm regards to a fellow brother from J town. have a swell time where ever you are
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by mankevo(m): 12:02pm On May 10, 2007
cool shocked

Achike Udenwa has already handed over to the Speaker of state house to travel abroad for medicals!
What a smart move pals? grin grin
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by OBJ3(m): 12:14pm On May 10, 2007
And you guys have OBJ to thank if any governor is nabbed because the EFCC was establishe dto stop corruption in high places and OBJ is to take credit for it angry
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by McKren(m): 2:01pm On May 10, 2007
So these Govs are actually running away lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Shame
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by kaesey(m): 7:28pm On May 10, 2007
agboola1 i wish you knew that most of the corrupt governors play an important role in planting yar dua in power, do not fret when you see james ibori and lucky igbenedion who are known for corruption being made ministers in yar adua cabinets because of thier key roles during his elections but for tinubu and orji uzor the wrath of efcc will fall on them for leting yar adua fail elections in thier state. amen
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by BillGatesFan(m): 7:43pm On May 10, 2007
@kaesey: Your really funny so simply because orji and tinubu fight yara dua in their states thats why they must be hang? I tell you Orji is the only HIt man in OBJ's regime
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by OmoEko1(f): 7:02am On May 11, 2007
Look at the way you people are talking shocked shocked shocked, I promise your one thing that none of this so called governors will be arrested or sent to jail, even Obi and atiku isn't going no where neither.

What happened to IBB during his own time, they had all those proof against him and he even did worst than this entire people and he still went free

So let stop deceiving each other, nothing is happening on MAY 29, as far I know.

Even Tinubu is NOT GOING TO JAIL, how much did he steal that all your are shouting. didn't IBB do worst than that undecided undecided
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by Nobody: 8:20am On May 11, 2007
O-B-J:

And you guys have OBJ to thank if any governor is nabbed because the EFCC was establishe dto stop corruption in high places and OBJ is to take credit for it angry

Just like we are thanking OBJ for plotting, executing and endorsing the greatest electoral fraud in the history of this country. People of questionable characters are imposed upon us as our leaders and someone is talking about "credit" to a man who has just laid another monumental foundation for corruption. Election rigging is the worst form of corruption, for that is the ladder through which the corrupt climb to power. The likes of Oshimole must not be allowed to win elections whether his people want him or not, but the likes of Alao Akala and Andy Uba must win at all cost, even if when election did not place in some states like Anambra.

The next four years will yet witness another looting and there is nothing anybody can do about it because we have immunity clause. Yet me thinks that our "great" corruption fighter should have worked hard to have the immunity nonsense removed from our consitution. I am so ashamed to be called a Nigerian: a country where thiefs are protected by the laws of the land.

Do you know why they dont want to remove it? That is the only way their corrupt allies will remain in power. The so called corruption fight is a show like seen on Nollywood. Its a make belief and no sane Nigerian should be deceived by it.

In other to save face from shame, the EFCC and OBJ will try to organise some "Nollywood" arrests and trials, but nothing will come out it. Ribadu is not a politician and he will be shocked how politicians will use and finally dump him. It is impossible for the corrupt to fight corruption. Let us not expect too much in terms of handling the corrupt lest we be too disappointed.
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by angel101(f): 8:58am On May 11, 2007
noblezone:

Just like we are thanking OBJ for plotting, executing and endorsing the greatest electoral fraud in the history of this country. People of questionable characters are imposed upon us as our leaders and someone is talking about "credit" to a man who has just laid another monumental foundation for corruption. Election rigging is the worst form of corruption, for that is the ladder through which the corrupt climb to power. The likes of Oshimole must not be allowed to win elections whether his people want him or not, but the likes of Alao Akala and Andy Uba must win at all cost, even if when election did not place in some states like Anambra.

The next four years will yet witness another looting and there is nothing anybody can do about it because we have immunity clause. Yet me thinks that our "great" corruption fighter should have worked hard to have the immunity nonsense removed from our consitution. I am so ashamed to be called a Nigerian: a country where thiefs are protected by the laws of the land.

Do you know why they don't want to remove it? That is the only way their corrupt allies will remain in power. The so called corruption fight is a show like seen on Nollywood. Its a make belief and no sane Nigerian should be deceived by it.

In other to save face from shame, the EFCC and OBJ will try to organise some "Nollywood" arrests and trials, but nothing will come out it. Ribadu is not a politician and he will be shocked how politicians will use and finally dump him. It is impossible for the corrupt to fight corruption. Let us not expect too much in terms of handling the corrupt lest we be too disappointed.

well said man. spot on!
i think we as nigerians need to take our destiny's into our own hands and resist these corrupt bastards. we just cannot carry on like this. the developed countries of this worl did not get where they are by sitting back and allowing some clowns take them for a ride. we need to make the country ungovernable for them until they begin to listen to us and govern us as we wish to be governed. enough of this bullshit!! angry
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by Nobody: 9:09am On May 11, 2007
Heard Udenwa has already handed over the reins of government and fled the country
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by angel101(f): 9:20am On May 11, 2007
for those who are running away; will they never come back? even that in itself is punishment cos they need to be in nigeria to flaunt the wealth. who go look them for yankee or wherever they flee to?
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by Nobody: 9:30am On May 11, 2007
angel101:

for those who are running away; will they never come back? even that in itself is punishment because they need to be in nigeria to flaunt the wealth. who go look them for yankee or wherever they flee to?

Such punishment is not commensurate with the kind of attrocities commited while they held sway as governors.
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by angel101(f): 9:33am On May 11, 2007
fynewaka:

Such punishment is not commensurate with the kind of attrocities commited while they held sway as governors.

very true. i think they should not only go to jail but have their property auctioned to the youth of the land!
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by Nobody: 9:39am On May 11, 2007
angel101:

very true. i think they should not only go to jail but have their property auctioned to the youth of the land!

Very well said! If only they could take a cue from the erstwhile IGP Tafa Balogun.
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by angel101(f): 9:42am On May 11, 2007
were his assets siezed? i'm not too sure
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by Nobody: 9:46am On May 11, 2007
angel101:

were his assets siezed? i'm not too sure

Yes, the FG seized his assets.
Re: How Many Governors Will Wait To Hand Over On May 29th? by angel101(f): 9:53am On May 11, 2007
good stuff!  grin hopefully that should deter more of his like.

(1) (2) (Reply)

>:( I'm Sick And Tired Of Nigerian Scams! / What Is This 'arewa Republic' / Church Plans Quran-burning Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.