Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. (83292 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Kenyan Who Went To Saudi In Search For A Greener Pasture Returns With 2 Kids / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 02, 2019
Ugosample:

Nigerians are good at destroying themselves hence the suspicion

But I disagree with your last statement tho

NiggerArea is actually a VERY BAD PLACE TO LIVE cheesy

You can make good money and big money in Nigeria (especially IF you have NO conscience)
But for living?

Na rubbish

That's just wickedness... If you call someone your friend, you don't abandon that person to the point of allowing the person to sleep on the streets in another country. From your comment, it shows you can also do something like that... No brotherly love anymore. angry

Nigeria is not the best country in the world I admit, but compared to living an unsheltered life in Ghana of all places? Don't be ignorant....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ugosample(m): 1:04am On Jun 02, 2019
mikron:
been reading his comments, make the guy no go choke for him hate for my beautiful country naija o

Choke,

I no dey choke o

I just dey pity una

wey still dey live for that jungle

Generators noise

Rising insecurity (I hear the news)

Hunger everywhere

60000 unfortunate souls packing themselves like sardine looking for non existent jobs

every tom dick and Harry is now a singer to escape excruciating hunger and poverty

the ladies becoming hookers in increasing numbers

una dey try

You deserve award

thumbs up

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by adun99(f): 1:05am On Jun 02, 2019
B.Sc.sec admin
PGDE
M.Ed in view

quote author=chrisagyei post=78926712]what's your qualification?[/quote]
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ugosample(m): 1:07am On Jun 02, 2019
germanized:

Compared to living an unsheltered life in Ghana of all places? Don't be ignorant....

well living as a squatter anywhere is a bad choice tho

It's better to be hungry and suffering in NiggerArea than squatting in an uncompleted building in Ghana

At least you will. see what we used to call "mama thank you" to chop from time to time to ease hunger from your miserable existence in the world poverty capital...

that's better than roaming aimlessly in Kasoa looking for whom to rob...

But then, the life is screwed either ways
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ugosample(m): 1:10am On Jun 02, 2019
germanized:

That's just wickedness... If you call someone your friend, you don't abandon that person to the point of allowing the person to sleep on the streets in another country. From your comment, it shows you can also do something like that... No brotherly love anymore. angry

Nigeria is not the best country in the world I admit, but compared to living an unsheltered life in Ghana of all places? Don't be ignorant....

I help from a distance tho....

I have helped one brother with mobile money like three times and that was it..

I don't come close like that...

Nigerians are not to be trusted

But from helping you from a distance, if you earn my trust, i can then open up to you

If we were CLOSE friends back in the day, then it's a different case
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by wealthdeejay1: 1:11am On Jun 02, 2019
ifyalways:
Thank God for your life o. Accra mosquitoes no get joy. Please treat yourself for malaria .

People never listen. Accra is not kind to empty pockets. Go Tudu,Kantamanto,Circle, Achimota village and see Nigerian boys wasting away cry Sleeping and living in terrible condition.

Dont be carried away by social media pictures or travel without enough money and plans
In fact you really have Ghana experience. You only talked about Accra mosquitoes and didn't talk about the bad odour coming out of every angle in Accra. Go to dome st. John,agbogbloloshie,Sodom and Gomorrah,kwabeyan,alajo,kaneshie and many other places in and around Accra and see life. Almost everything about GH is overhyped.Even the light dey go wella(dum-sir,dum-sir is the term I.e on and off).If you really want to understudy Ghana,just go to their other regions like Volta, Eastern or Northern region and see how Ghanaians are suffering. If you are not a businessman,pls don't go there or unless you are into yahoo yahoo. If you have your money, you can go for adventures, but remember Ghana is expensive. Not for hustlers Ghana people are also crying o �

3 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 1:12am On Jun 02, 2019
Ugosample:

well living as a squatter anywhere is a bad choice tho

It's better to be hungry and suffering in NiggerArea than squatting in an uncompleted building in Ghana

At least you will. see what we used to call "mama thank you" to chop from time to time to ease hunger from your miserable existence in the world poverty capital...

that's better than roaming aimlessly in Kasoa looking for whom to rob...

But then, the life is screwed either ways

Whatever... Free world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by mikron(m): 1:16am On Jun 02, 2019
Ugosample:

cheesy cheesy

I'm calling out NiggerArea for what it really is

A third would failed $hithole mess....

If e dey pain una, change it from a third world failed state

#DasAll cheesy cheesy
i even thought u live in western countries not knowing u live in ivory coast, (shithole) oga since u hate anything nigeria the shithole pls kindly destroy ur passport because im very sure u still carry a naija passport. with ur green hate for nigeria i will be surprised if u still keep her passport. ur hate is becoming an obsession

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Rhea(f): 1:28am On Jun 02, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:
The worst part that morning was that there were several other people that their things were stolen also and they had to call police. The stuffs of chisco started pointing fingers to we Nigerians that use to come and sleep at the park. I had to tell them that my phone was stolen also and that I was travelling back to Nigeria the next day which was why I slept in the park. I showed them my passport and told them that I was just waiting for the money someone wants to send for me to buy my bus ticket at Chisco so they didn't really do much but now asked all of us to leave and never return there to sleep except we want to travel. My people that was how I was thrown into the main street in the circle of Accra and that place is just like ikeja underbridge in Lagos were anything can happen. I had no phone and I could not communicate with anyone again. My money had already gone down and all I could imagine was hunger, starvation, mad man looks, and probably death very soon. Where do I go and where can I see help. I practically just carried my bag and and went to the back of the park so sit down were those Nigerian guys normally stay. The worst part was that non of them had a house. All of them were just in the street living from hand to mouth. They can't even help because they are equally looking for who to help. So a Nigeria lady that sells indomie offered me space in her little shop to keep my bag safe and I can always go and join the guys to sleep in one empty small store at night. Even though the mosquitoes there were the worst I have ever since because there is a very big canal close to that place, finding a place to just lay your head was the hope I had. Now for some time now I had not slept on a mattress not to talk about bed. It has been bare floor with carton we just put on the floor or bench.

Like play like play I was there for weeks and I think even up to a month living on coded street begging. I deviced a format I was also using to beg with my innocent face. I will start talking like who wants to cry. I will tell them that I was into 3d wall decor and I was invited to Ghana for a job only for the person to abandon me in a hotel and I got stranded so I am just trying to raise money to go back home. The bad thing was that not everyone will definitely answer you and even if they do they hardly give more than 5ghc because most times its less. So you can imagine how many people I will have to beg to get up to 10ghc in a day for me to eat well and be okay. I also had to bath and use the toilet once a day because it cost money to do that. Sometimes I had to leave the bathing matter because that 1ghc is one plate of banku with palm nut soup without fish or meat.

It wasn't easy but somehow I was always grateful to God that each day that passes, I was able to at least eat banku without fish or anything. The days were the begging gives me up to 20ghc I will be glad because I could each good food with fish or meat. I could barb my hair and at least still look a little normal.

As time went by I happened to discover there is a winners chapel church somewhere in the North industial area of Accra. I located the place and behold this was were I met another set of Nigerian guys in another world of suffering entirely. They only good thing now was that the area was more peaceful and safer compared to that circle and they had access to use the toilet and bathroom inside the church very early in the morning and a little late at night before they close the church gate. So I made friends with them and moved from getto to GRA lol.

Please check next page for the continuation as your many comments are pushing the stories to different pages.

I am not sure what someone with an above-average-level command of written english in nigeria today would end up in a ghetto in Accra. Good story, just does not add up.

2 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by oluayebenz: 1:30am On Jun 02, 2019
mikron:
i even thought u live in western countries not knowing u live in ivory coast, (shithole) oga since u hate anything nigeria the shithole pls kindly destroy ur passport because im very sure u still carry a naija passport. with ur green hate for nigeria i will be surprised if u still keep her passport. ur hate is becoming an obsession

Correct.

But is better to just ignore some people

3 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by mikron(m): 1:30am On Jun 02, 2019
Ugosample:

because in actual fact, they are doing it for theur kids

They will be exposed to opportunities unfortunate kids stuck in NiggerArea can only dream of...

The sky is the limit out there

Can't say the same for NiggerArea undecided

Be there fooling yourself thinking you are living the life because you have some change in the midst of so many poor and unfortunate people cheesy

When the economy sink further, una eye go clear tongue

Except you are in the political elite @class, or Corporate titan class (top echelon of corporate NIGERIA) or you have a networth of $300k upwards liquid, you are fooling yourself in NiggerArea thinking you are living life...

You don't have to take this serious tho...

it's just my opinion and world view

You are entitled to yours too......

*Chronicles of a failed, finished zoo country*

@Angelicbeing
let me get this straight because im really confused here
1. from u almost everybody living in Nigeria is poor. (sorry im not)
2. according to u and i quote ''Except you are in the political elite @class, or Corporate titan class (top echelon of corporate NIGERIA) or you have a networth of $300k upwards liquid, you are fooling yourself in NiggerArea thinking you are living life...'' that means everybody living in ivory coast have $300k?
and the ivory coast that u currently reside is a first world country right? they are very rich.
a classic case of giving a dog a bad name just to kill it.
Nigeria will be a better place for us, naija is blessed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by mikron(m): 1:32am On Jun 02, 2019
oluayebenz:

Correct.

But is better to just ignore some people
this is not the first time im reading his comments about anything Nigerian, always negative, bad and insultive. we should mind the way we talk in social media.

2 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by oluayebenz: 1:35am On Jun 02, 2019
mikron:
this is not the first time im reading his comments about anything Nigerian, always negative, bad and insultive. we shou;d mind the way we talk in social media.

I always ignore cos he actually sounds dumb

4 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ugosample(m): 1:38am On Jun 02, 2019
mikron:

I travel a lot... (call me a nomad ifyou want)

But I spend the most months of the year in Abidjan, hence it being my base "at least for now"

That country is what Nigeria will NEVER BE in 20 years
You do not see extreme poverty in abundance like you see in nigger Area

the people here ball Monday to Sunday because they have not been subjected to unfold suffering the scale of NIGERIA

How many Ivorians run to France the way you niggers run out to say anywhere for treatment?
the hospitals are good enough
even a fool in abobo will sleep under A.C. this night while niggers will be sleeping in heat and mosquito tongue

They eat better (food is cheaper)
they have better infrastructures than your zoo

even in a rundown place like abobo, they still have street light and running water
Does Lekki have street lights, central sewage system and pipeborne water?
NOPE
NA overhead tanks with polluted water, pocket of steetlight and noisy generators una get cheesy
bomboclat zoo
All you need to do is comehere and see for yourself undecided
ignorance is bliss and a trip to that country will cure you of ignorance

Doyou know how many visas one has gotten from here because you have the "carte de sejour" here?

You cannot knuw; because it's a coded runs

as for throwing away my Nigerian passport...

once the time comes, and I acquire another one.....

I go just keep the ones I have used already in the archives

NiggerArea passport that has caused me so so much stress undecided

when you travel often like I do to different countries, you will understand my anger with Zoogeria...

and for those who travel and are still happy with the things going on, their minds are little.

10 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ugosample(m): 1:39am On Jun 02, 2019
oluayebenz:

I always ignore cos he actually sounds dumb
pls igmitr
the issues I raise are beyond your comprehension

3 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ugosample(m): 1:40am On Jun 02, 2019
adun99:
B.Sc.sec admin PGDE M.Ed in view

quote author=chrisagyei post=78926712]what's your qualification?
that's good
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ugosample(m): 1:41am On Jun 02, 2019
wealthdeejay1:
In fact you really have Ghana experience. You only talked about Accra mosquitoes and didn't talk about the bad odour coming out of every angle in Accra. Go to dome st. John,agbogbloloshie,Sodom and Gomorrah,kwabeyan,alajo,kaneshie and many other places in and around Accra and see life. Almost everything about GH is overhyped.Even the light dey go wella(dum-sir,dum-sir is the term I.e on and off).If you really want to understudy Ghana,just go to their other regions like Volta, Eastern or Northern region and see how Ghanaians are suffering. If you are not a businessman,pls don't go there or unless you are into yahoo yahoo. If you have your money, you can go for adventures, but remember Ghana is expensive. Not for hustlers Ghana people are also crying o �

Ghana is for business or to play about (enjoyment)

no jobs

infavt, it's the same story across Africa

If you are not opening your business

sorry for you....

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ugosample(m): 1:54am On Jun 02, 2019
mikron:
2. according to u and i quote ''Except you are in the political elite @class, or Corporate titan class (top echelon of corporate NIGERIA) or you have a networth of $300k upwards liquid, you are fooling yourself in NiggerArea thinking you are living life...'' that means everybody living in ivory coast have $300k?
and the ivory coast that u currently reside is a first world country right? they are very rich.

okay....

Let me break it down to you....

Life in Nigeria (let mr call it that) is HELLISH

And it has a bleak future with the way kids are popping, and the excruciating unemployment levels

CIV on the other hand has unemployment issues (not to the degree of Nigeria tho, as they are lucky to have so much foreign investments that create jobs for them, plus a huge public sector that absorbs them)
CIV (and indeed most of the countries I stay intermittently in) enjoy a BETTER standard of living than you will find in Nigeria.

And that issa fact (ask anyone else who lived in multiplr countries)

to live the standard of life that a lower middle class Ivorian or say Turkish person lives, you will need to run your gen 24/7 (they have the light already) raise a tank above your house to get water ( they get water directly to their house, no need for pumping machine trouble) build high fences (they don't need that, secure and barricade yourself (they also do not need thst) and the list goes on.....

Nigeria ranis below CIV and Turkey in every Human Development Index....

NIGERIA the poverty capital of the world should tell you something
I have travelled to all regions in Nigeria apart from NE and I have seen poverty like I have never seen elsewhere apart from Liberia and Sierra Leone In that country

that is my point

tho it's somewhat easier for a Nigerian to make quick money (especially if you have no conscience and you are ready to do whatever, to what end really?
when you will still livein fear

so except you are very loaded, i see no reason why anyone will want to live in Nigeria

If only Nigeria can fix its power problen; security problem and curb it's soaring inflatoo rate, the quality of life will improve so much

But till then

the country is still failed

7 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by mikron(m): 2:18am On Jun 02, 2019
Ugosample:

okay....

Let me break it down to you....

Life in Nigeria (let mr call it that) is HELLISH

And it has a bleak future with the way kids are popping, and the excruciating unemployment levels

CIV on the other hand has unemployment issues (not to the degree of Nigeria tho, as they are lucky to have so much foreign investments that create jobs for them, plus a huge public sector that absorbs them)
CIV (and indeed most of the countries I stay intermittently in) enjoy a BETTER standard of living than you will find in Nigeria.

And that issa fact (ask anyone else who lived in multiplr countries)

to live the standard of life that a lower middle class Ivorian or say Turkish person lives, you will need to run your gen 24/7 (they have the light already) raise a tank above your house to get water ( they get water directly to their house, no need for pumping machine trouble) build high fences (they don't need that, secure and barricade yourself (they also do not need thst) and the list goes on.....

Nigeria ranis below CIV and Turkey in every Human Development Index....

NIGERIA the poverty capital of the world should tell you something
I have travelled to all regions in Nigeria apart from NE and I have seen poverty like I have never seen elsewhere apart from Liberia and Sierra Leone In that country

that is my point

tho it's somewhat easier for a Nigerian to make quick money (especially if you have no conscience and you are ready to do whatever, to what end really?
when you will still livein fear

so except you are very loaded, i see no reason why anyone will want to live in Nigeria

If only Nigeria can fix its power problen; security problem and curb it's soaring inflatoo rate, the quality of life will improve so much

But till then

the country is still failed
you are comparing ivory coast a country of about 24.29 million to Nigeria with almost 200m. the whole of ivory coast at 24.2m is not upto the population of lagos (17.5m) and kano (9.4m).
do u think if Nigeria was just lagos and kano we wouldnt have been at par with some European countries in terms of infrastructure and standard of living? agreed our leaders failed us but we will get it right sooner than later. but pls dont compare naija and ivory coast. its like comparing a 3 ft man with a 6 ft man. i reserve my comment.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by planetx: 3:20am On Jun 02, 2019
mikron:
I didn't even know the person was living in Ivory Coast of all places always talking down Nigeria everytime a thread like this come up. Let's ask him if the average American or Canadian where he claims all the upper middle class Nigerians are running to have $300k liquid net worth talkless of Ivorians.

2 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 3:27am On Jun 02, 2019
Rhea:

I am not sure what someone with an above-average-level command of written english in nigeria today would end up in a ghetto in Accra. Good story, just does not add up.
e be like say your papa get money ooo!e no be like that for everybody o.
What he wrote up there is possible,even though I am not guaranteeing the fact that it happened to him.
Lol @ written English.its like frustration never knack you before cheesy na em make you dey talk like this.
Kudos cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by NONNYG: 3:27am On Jun 02, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
Where is NONNYG?
I’m here
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 3:32am On Jun 02, 2019
mikron:
You clearly missed his point.
He meant the normal day to day life in these countries are Nigeria's luxury life.that is you would need a lot of money to live that life in Nigeria than you would in Abidjan.
I also have first hand experience with what he is saying and I can confirm a 100%
It is true!

2 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 3:54am On Jun 02, 2019
Ugosample:

You have made a good point

Starting next year, I'm thinking retail of agric produce in Accra; Abidjan and Dakar

the pilot phase will.be in Abidjan tho...
Phase two is to try to link up my Accra contacts

then Dakar being like an hour and a half away will be last phase probably 2021...

Any advice?

Lebanese are big in cocoa so I will.just respect myself and sit out of that one
cocoa is good but it has a lot of interest to foreigners with huge capital base,since it is an international commodity.
My advise is to start with supply first,observe the business's potentials first and if possible supposed market share before setting up retail a chain.
Nothing is worse than setting up retail structures without patronage.sounds like a recipe for collapse cheesy
All through my time of business in CEMAC,I realised that it will be better to remain a supplier of products than setting up shop for the kind of business I do,even though I've got better pricing.But it all depends on the kind of business anyway.
I like your visions and I clearly endorse it.goodluck!
All these people running their mouths are just not experienced!
They just hide in their dark homes in Lagos probably thinking it's the best life a person could ever get.
It pays to travel for real cheesy

4 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by AnthonyAk(m): 5:05am On Jun 02, 2019
Realhommie:
Pay it forward bro..

Always bro, stay blessed. OP u home now? If u can give me proof ur really stuck I can pay it forward right now
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Realhommie(m): 5:08am On Jun 02, 2019
AnthonyAk:

Always bro, stay blessed. OP u home now? If u can give me proof ur really stuck I can pay it forward right now
He's back home in Nigeria now, Lagos precisely..

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by brightalo17: 5:33am On Jun 02, 2019
Iyajelili:
This story of yours must be fictional because I can't imagine someone passing through this shit in real life
I based in Ghana and the op is telling you exactly the true story of life here in the country, I experienced it though but not like he did. Going to Abidjan would've been his worst nightmare ever in life. Nothing is fiction in all he's saying here, guys are really passing through hell in the jungle.

2 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by brightalo17: 5:36am On Jun 02, 2019
kaen1317:
There's no fire hotter than Buhari's Nigeria.
travel and see, na u go dey confess say naija is heaven.

2 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Odinaka00(m): 5:47am On Jun 02, 2019
I 'll be back to read all these
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Youngjohnosas: 6:05am On Jun 02, 2019
Accra.cry ur cry. Even your brother go loseguard u
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Youngjohnosas: 6:21am On Jun 02, 2019
Rhea:

boss the slogan of Accra is cry Your cry. Even ur brother at some point will jilt u. I had friends that travelled there to hustle because they were assured of steady balling when they get there unfortunately some had to jump through the fence to escape from the hellish treatment they were being subjected to,the nauseating part of it all was that they never stayed with strangers they stayed with friends that they grew up together,friends that they had known all their lifetime. friends they could call their own brothers.imagine drinking just one sachet of water in a day,Accra is cry ur cry.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) / ₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / Italy Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.