Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Why Nigerians Cant Be Trusted. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Nigerians Cant Be Trusted. (1403 Views)

Can Medorf Exr Solutions Be Trusted? / Which Trusted Online Shopping Website Can I Buy A Laptop @ A Cheaper Rate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Cant Be Trusted. by mekaboy(m): 8:10pm On May 05, 2007
My fellow Nigerians, i want you all to listen carefully to my situation and advice me on what to do. I am a Nigerian, residing in Enugu state, a computer tech and website designer. One day i walked into a friend of mine's office in enugu and i saw a nice looking laptop on his desk and i admired the laptop and asked how it came by. he showed me an advert on a newspaper by a Company in lagos called (Binary Digits) which stated that they had lots of laptops for sale at N100,000 and more, so i decided to make arrangements to get one. My friend said he had called the guy incharge who's name was (Gbenga ) and phone number (08023206176) and he was given their company account number in a bank in Enugu state where he paid the money and after somedays he sent him the laptop.

I was impressed and interested so we had to call Gbenga and he said they had ran out of stock but they would have more in 2 weeks. Exactly 2 weeks gbenga called and said they had laptops in stock and this new ones came with free Bluetooth Device. So I was given the account number of their company, i went to the bank and paid in 105,000 Niara, we contacted gbenga he confirmed the payment and sent the laptop , it took over a week to arive after some delays by the road transport service so we later used the airlines.

I got the laptop i was happy but there was no bluetooth, we called gbenga, he said he forgot and there was no way he could send it unless if i came to lagos he would give it to me because he was not ready to spend anymore to send it.

After a month i traveled to ghana where i schooled , just to wake up one morning and turn my laptop on and it showed nothing on the screen, as a technician i removed the batery and connected it direct and it came on so i knew it was a battery problem. I called gbenga and told him he said they would replace it since its under waranty and i should let him know as soon as i am in Nigeria .

In 2 months i came back to Nigeria and went straight down to enugu state, called gbenga and told him i was in Enugu and i could not see him in lagos but i would send someone who was going to lagos to go with the battery.

He said as soon as i send the battery with the person i should i should give him the contact details so he could pick the battery up and replace it.

The person got to lagos, i text the contact details to gbenga, and then called to confirm, he picked and said he would get in touch with the person. After 2 weeks , i called the person and she said she had not heard from gbenga. I called gbenga and a lady picked up and said she was the wife and gbenga had traveled to the UK and i should call after 2 weeks.In 5 days time i called Gbenga's phone with a different number and i got gbenga on phone. Guess what? he said he just got in from UK and he was going back 2 morow that i should call in another 2weeks.

after 2 weeks, when i call gbenga he does not pick up the phone, I told my friend about the problem and he called gbenga . gbenga said the company had not sent the batteries yet and thats why he does not pick my call. After 1 week i called him and he picked up and guess what he said, He said he traveled to the UK and there was no battery in the UK and Even in lagos the battery could not be found. So what is going to happen i asked ? he said i should wait until the company sends it. When will they send it i asked? I dont know but as soon as they do i,ll let you know. Its been over 3months the battery has not arived and Gbenga does not pick my calls anymore. I contacted someone in lagos and they said the battery cost 17,000 Niara for that model ( Toshiba Satelite pro , Celeron M, M50 model).

I cant speak to gbenga anymore, he does not pick my call anymore. if i call with another number he picks up, hears my voice , he pretends that the network is bad and he cant hear me and cuts the phone, he has done this several times.

Please could someone tell me what to do if he or she was in my position? If anyone knows gbenga in lagos from binary Digits, please tell him thats not the right way to do business. toget to him call (08023206176).

Thanks.[b][/b]
Re: Why Nigerians Cant Be Trusted. by rozilla(m): 6:26am On May 07, 2007
call the police
Re: Why Nigerians Cant Be Trusted. by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 08, 2007
i'm really sorry about your experience.it's because of lack of ethics that so many businesses in nigeria cannot go forward. and its really bad in the it sector, where so many successful entrepreneurs are simply taking advantage of their customers' ignorance. in 2003, i was in pc village to pick up the company laptop for a repairer.it wasn't ready, so i had to wait. i watched the boss make up non existent faults for differnt customers. a guy came with a virus on his system.the man 'attempted' to clean the virus, declared it unremovable, recommended formatting, declared the format a failure and the hard disk crashed , all in the space of 15 minutes. he made a show of removing the hard drive from the laptop, declaring that it needed to be replaced. he took n50,000(i think) as money for a new hard drive. i was so shocked by all he was doing, it wasn't till i got back to the office before i found that they'd switched my company laptops pristine monitor with a refurbished one. when my dad bought our first pc(in 97), some so called pc consultants 'installed ' our CD rom drive. (for 6000) they also left a bonus-over 50 viruses, so we would have to call them back!

unless you have craze, ( picture yourself grabbing gbanga by the shirt, shouting 'you go give me my money today!')there's nothing you can do except be careful next time, and maybe post to nairaland, asking for advice on reputable dealers.you've done the best thing you can under the circumstances; you've warned us about binary digits.sooner or later, binary digits will screw with the wrong customer.
Re: Why Nigerians Cant Be Trusted. by mekaboy(m): 2:34pm On May 10, 2007
The problem is that i stay in Enugu state and i won't be chanced to come to lagos to look for gbenga and Binary Digits company. They have suceeded in swindling me but i have to make sure other Nigerians dont go through the same.
Re: Why Nigerians Cant Be Trusted. by Seun(m): 2:44pm On May 10, 2007

(1)

Google Chrome / Please Unlock My Usb Hauwei Modem / Help Me Solve This Problem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.