Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? (59512 Views)

How Much Is Expected For A Man To Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage / How Much Should A Woman Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by kindness44: 9:57am On Jun 02, 2019
Safiaa:
And that’s sad because then in reality it’s the woman that carries most of not all the responsibilities on her head. After 10 years most wives always look haggard and worn out, yet the husband still looks active. If a woman must contribute, it should honestly be the bare minimum. If you are a career woman, let all the responsibilities be split equally. Your husband must equally wash plates, sweep the house, cook for the children and yourself and take care of the kids, because you are equally the provider in the home. But the reality is that the woman will always carry the burden. Oga will still expect you to bounce on top of his dick after all that stress. It’s a shame women are being manipulated and they cant even see it.
Safiaa:
And that’s sad because then in reality it’s the woman that carries most of not all the responsibilities on her head. After 10 years most wives always look haggard and worn out, yet the husband still looks active. If a woman must contribute, it should honestly be the bare minimum. If you are a career woman, let all the responsibilities be split equally. Your husband must equally wash plates, sweep the house, cook for the children and yourself and take care of the kids, because you are equally the provider in the home. But the reality is that the woman will always carry the burden. Oga will still expect you to bounce on top of his dick after all that stress. It’s a shame women are being manipulated and they cant even see it.
Safiaa:
Safiaa:
that is the essence of sex doll in the house to reduce the stress of sex urge in the marriage �
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 9:57am On Jun 02, 2019
gcof:
which billionaire son He is the money bag. If you catch am, hold am tight
grin
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by tunjilana: 9:59am On Jun 02, 2019
Safiaa:
If u are working and live in a country like Nigeria where domestic labor is cheap then simply outsource it(get a maid)...You both can fund this from your pooled funds...rather than fight ur spouse to wash plate before co fund the home....Domestic labor is way cheaper than what u have capacity to earn if u spend ur time working
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by willyo(m): 10:00am On Jun 02, 2019
ibkayee:
iamgrey5

You've always come across as one of those deliberately humble guys who go out of their way to not appear as rich, successful, smart etc as they really are by the way lol

To me anyway cheesy

Won't be surprised if you're one billionaire's son cheesy

Nawa o. Always about billions.

What if he's a poor soul?

But I ain't saying he might not be rich tho, just that the love U've gat is getting u sentimental
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by willyo(m): 10:02am On Jun 02, 2019
Preshy561:

Lol.

I too like money grin

Then work for it. Or p*ssy might hole up in the process or them use u join if u Noh get luck

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Maghan37: 10:11am On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Like 500K is ideal. Last last 300K. I did not come to this life to suffer.

When is my Ned Nwoko arriving naw? sad
This women ain't loyal.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 10:17am On Jun 02, 2019
truthsayer009:

Hustle for where? Where would you have such time? Once you're married you have Minus -50% less time to do anything.
So after you got married you then went null and void yeah? really??
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 10:17am On Jun 02, 2019
Safiaa:

I partly agree, but disagree with the "manipulation" part. I think it's due to wickedness on our part as females and maybe a bit of this shortsighted nature of ours. If guys start being asked to wash plates, clothes and stuff, the mother(female) will be the first to protest, she will want her daughter in law to enslave herself while still contributing financially to the home plus sending money to her. It's still mothers(females) who train girls domestically while allowing boys freedom from domestic chores in the same house. It's not really manipulation, we are our own worse enemy.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Safiaa(f): 10:18am On Jun 02, 2019
Fine, get a maid. What about those who don’t believe in maids or allowing a third party to live in their marital homes? What about people reading this who do not live in Nigeria? Why do you have to result to an untrusted maid when the husband can simply help out in the house? Each to their own, but I really need some women to wake up.
tunjilana:
If u are working and live in a country like Nigeria where domestic labor is cheap then simply outsource it(get a maid)...You both can fund this from your pooled funds...rather than fight ur spouse to wash plate before co fund the home....Domestic labor is way cheaper than what u have capacity to earn if u spend ur time working

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 02, 2019
truthsayer009:

Oh Jisos, Cette dame est venue avec ses problèmes

salut Mon frere,vous parlez français aussi?
C'est bien ça. cool
Allors dit moi,vous et appris ça ou?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Halo22: 10:23am On Jun 02, 2019
For me, marriage should not be based on the amount of money received may be on weekly or monthly basis. Think of how to make continuous finance that has an upward increase and ensure to diversify ur sources, cos most people keep going down financially once they get married and start having responsibilities.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 10:25am On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Thanks for this, my dear. Don't mind these sexists men. After we still split bills with them, they won't be responsible with sharing the house chores. Later later, they'll still cheat last last, so what's the point? Let's drink garri in a mansion than eat fried rice in one room at obalende. grin

In the end, they'll still call us prostitutes. Let me suffer with my Ned Nwoko in peace.
See them, U do n get support abi grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 10:28am On Jun 02, 2019
Safiaa:
Fine, get a maid. What about those who don’t believe in maids or allowing a third party to live in their marital homes? What about people reading this who do not live in Nigeria? Why do you have to result to an untrusted maid when the husband can simply help out in the house? Each to their own, but I really need some women to wake up.
And why are you genralising and painting evryone with the same brush, who told you men do not help from a few examples you watch on Nollywood?
there is such word as MEN program I call it, the man's JOB around the house, trust me they are more than what the woman do if you get a man that is hands-on.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Safiaa(f): 10:28am On Jun 02, 2019
That’s also true. I think women are always trying to prove they can do it all, always trying to prove to their husbands that they are worthy. Always trying to do everything to keep their husbands from looking outside, you are deceiving yourself. Stop suffering yourself in the name of love and have common sense for once. You are looking haggard yet you still want to prove you are superwoman. To who exactly? It couldn’t be me sha and I thank God my partner has the same mindset as me.
Mizwisdom:

I partly agree, but disagree with the "manipulation" part. I think it's due to wickedness on our part as females and maybe a bit of this shortsighted nature of ours. If guys start being asked to wash plates, clothes and stuff, the mother(female) will be the first to protest, she will want her daughter in law to enslave herself while still contributing financially to the home plus sending money to her. It's still mothers(females) who train girls domestically while allowing boys freedom from domestic chores in the same house. It's not really manipulation, we are our own worse enemy.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 02, 2019
Is it a must for one to marry in Nigeria? Rubbish!! I worked hard to Acquire enough wealth, only to bring in some so called "wife" so she can come into my house and squander everything i worked for? in the name of marriage.

Maybe it's time Nigerian women starts marrying men and paying to marry men, since it has become all about money and how much men earn or their bank balances

6 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 10:33am On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

I will never wash plates if I was being asked reason is I will see it as 2 much, I will buy my wife a dishwasher end off. This does not mean I can't wash my plates or clothes as I do so now anyway. But being asked to do so is taking it to another level.I think running after the kids is more draining than doing housework. This is where dad can give mum a break.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

See them, U do n get support abi grin grin grin grin
ericko I no know why you dey waste time dey answer all these wannabes them.
Just check the profile of the girl you quoted and see her environment grin
Which well to do guy go go that kind place to go pick wife? undecided so just let her keep living in her fantasy world cheesy
If a woman wants a man that makes much,she should have some value too.even market boys don dey wise up.
The days of men going to one village to pick one otondo to uplift her and her people are over.
If you ain't bringing value too,just forget it!I wouldn't do such or allow anyone close to me to even attempt it.
Period!!

6 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by West2019(m): 10:34am On Jun 02, 2019
5millions
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 10:34am On Jun 02, 2019
Safiaa:
That’s also true. I think women are always trying to prove they can do it all, always trying to prove to their husbands that they are worthy. Always trying to do everything to keep their husbands from looking outside, you are deceiving yourself. Stop suffering yourself in the name of love and have common sense for once. You are looking haggard yet you still want to prove you are superwoman. To who exactly? It couldn’t be me sha and I thank God my partner has the same mindset as me.
I think you should speak for yourself, that's too deep to refer to women at that.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by MayorSchwags(m): 10:36am On Jun 02, 2019
CaptainMitch:
Preshy561 I know say na this kind thread you go like
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 10:37am On Jun 02, 2019
nwanneni:
ericko I no know why you dey waste time dey answer all these wannabes them.
Just check the profile of the girl you quoted and see her environment grin
Which well to do guy go go that kind place to go pick wife? undecided so just let her keep living in her fantasy world cheesy
If a woman wants a man that makes much,she should have some value too.even market boys don dey wise up.
The days of men going to one village to pick one otondo to uplift her and her people are over.
If you ain't bringing value too,just forget it!I wouldn't do such or allow anyone close to me to even attempt it.
Period!!
ahah, my guy, I feel you, today nah Sunday and no work so I just get time to dey here, U see me. Woman wey nor fit pay 10k to go venue wey millioneers dey wan marry millionaires, light and darkness don't mix
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by XTHRONE(m): 10:38am On Jun 02, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Like 500K is ideal. Last last 300K. I did not come to this life to suffer.

When is my Ned Nwoko arriving naw? sad
Here I am, do you need private jet or limousine.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Icon4s(m): 10:38am On Jun 02, 2019
Headlesschicken:
undecided 110 to 120 is moderate buh must v worked for a while wiv some other investments before thinking about that..

What kind of invenstment can someone who earns 110-120K in today's economy go into? undecided
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

ahah, my guy, I feel you, today nah Sunday and no work so I just get time to dey here, U see me. Woman wey nor fit pay 10k to go venue wey millioneers dey wan marry millionaires, light and darkness don't mix
I know na.
I just dey for bed dey laugh at their foolishness since yesterday night grin grin grin while i wait for my departure.
I wish It was the UK I was coming to tonight.Hanging out with you could have been fun.remember me from cartalk?
Your whole range rover conversion ish...I saw you succeeded with that,kudos..
I wouldn't even dare go close to a woman that doesn't make at least 200k.I did not come to this conclusion by sitting out in a cubicle and setting imaginary standards but by giving myself the same value as well cheesy
So if na to dey for her shanty dey make those demands,na to just dey watch her mumu dey laugh na grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 02, 2019
HeliosHay:

Depends on the kind of lifestyle the person wants to lead and where he wants to live. Lagos/Abuja is more expensive than most other cities.

Would love to marry a ride or die chick that's down for whatever. Someone who can manage whatever the situation presents without complaint.

That being said, personally, I think 500k a month should be enough

Which work will give u 500k..do I know how much an entry graduate in most ministries in Abuja earn. Some even less than 100k
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by showafrica(m): 10:47am On Jun 02, 2019
samueloduoye:
For a man living in Ibadan, Lagos, Port Harcourt or any other Nigerian city, how much should he be making monthly before considering marriage?

Share your thoughts

https://punchng.com/how-much-should-a-man-earn-monthly-before-considering-marriage/

Bros - 20k daily and make sure you save 10k from it.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 02, 2019
I told myself long ago , can't marry until I am sure I can take care of the woman who I am going to marry and the children who I hope to raise and more importantly I don't hope to marry anyone who intends to sit home and do nothing, you have a certificate then work with it ...your four years or five years in the school does not finish in my house, we both are going to work and split our responsibility 50-50

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 10:50am On Jun 02, 2019
nwanneni:
I know na.
I just dey for bed dey laugh at their foolishness since yesterday night grin grin grin while i wait for my departure.
I wish It was the UK I was coming to tonight.Hanging out with you could have been fun.remember me from cartalk?
Your whole range rover conversion ish...I saw you succeeded with that,kudos..
I wouldn't even dare go close to a woman that doesn't make at least 200k.I did not come to this conclusion by sitting out in a cubicle and setting imaginary standards but by giving myself the same value as well cheesy
So if na to dey for her shanty dey make those demands,na to just dey watch her mumu dey laugh na grin grin grin
Yes nah true I remember joor, howfar where U dey remove go? you go play away match ni grin grin grin
some of these girls for eko dey package in broad daylight if you see where dem dey live you sef go fear. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by HeliosHay(m): 10:55am On Jun 02, 2019
stinflame:

Which work will give u 500k..do I know how much an entry graduate in most ministries in Abuja earn. Some even less than 100k

I'm into E-commerce so my situation is different. But, I understand where you're coming from..it's not common to see graduates earning that amount unless they happen to be in oil and gas or something.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

Yes nah true I remember joor, howfar where U dey remove go? you go play away match ni grin grin grin
some of these girls for eko dey package in broad daylight if you see where dem dey live you sef go fear. grin grin
grin grin grin
Omo I dey kupu enter Tennessee,USA tonight oo from Douala.
We plan say we go race Benz vs Range Rover for december but you no come show again cheesy
I met one too like that for our town(PHC),na so she been dey run mouth like these ones dey make me dey on my toes Every time.
She got a crib and a Toyota SUV,she come think say she don arrive.na later I come know say she got those as settlement plan from one guy weh waste her time and no gree marry am grin
She makes some really peasant money for herself and after forming feminist up and down,she come dey beg me 50k up and down upon all her level cheesy
Happened to me twice.fear this women and their packaging grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Mizwisdom(f): 10:57am On Jun 02, 2019
erico2k2:

I will never wash plates if I was being asked reason is I will see it as 2 much, I will buy my wife a dishwasher end off. This does not mean I can't wash my plates or clothes as I do so now anyway. But being asked to do so is taking it to another level.I think running after the kids is more draining than doing housework. This is where dad can give mum a break.

By "giving mum a break" it already shows you've been programmed to believe child care is the full responsibility of a woman.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn Monthly Before Considering Marriage? by Bolaadu(m): 10:58am On Jun 02, 2019
donbachi:
No be by city,pocket and monthly earnings...if you are matured at heart and ready..no amount or earning is too much or small..find your mrs right first,know about her in and out atleast 60%,because,a woman is a lifetime book.you have to read,read and read.because it's a book full of intrigues,suspense,pains,regrets and laughters..every chapter different story...lastly,dem no dey marry woman finish....i'm still paying...so,how much u don save so far.
this question goes to a married man not single,let them talk from experience

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Every Man Should Strive To Be An Alpha Male / My Boyfriend Just Moved Into My Apartment / 2 Nairalanders Airforce1 And Pinkjacket9 Love Up In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.