Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,773 members, 7,798,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

This Business Made Me 30k As A Student - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This Business Made Me 30k As A Student (402 Views)

What Business Made You A Millionaire In 2020? / Bread, Cake, Chin Chin, Doughnut, Burger, Business Made Easy / Please Loan Me 30k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Business Made Me 30k As A Student by Esyy(f): 2:20pm On Jun 01, 2019
How a student made 30k in less than 3months on campus!!!

Eeeemmm' This post is not a fiction, No... It isn't!!

I'm an undergraduate student in one of the public universities. I have heard so much about business and this year, I decided to give it a try.
I'm sure you wondering "how I got a business idea". Is simple, yeah it was!

I still remember vividly how it happened; got ready for church and my roommate was wowed(sorry, am not sure if there's any word like that �) at how beautiful my skirt was......Where can I get this type of skirt? She asked! If you can help me get it too, I will be more than grateful, she said finally........ Just that line gave me a business idea!!!

Fast forward to a new week and here we are with different colors and patterns of those skirts, she was my first customer but she wasn't my last.....Business just started but I didn't take it serious (This happened in 2016)

Now, this is 2019 ; I have ran out of cash for my "small mini not-too-serious business"..... I got a loan of 10k from a family friend and decided to make this business grow!

THINGS I DID TO MAKE MY BUSINESS BRING MONEY FAST
1. I wrote down who my target market was; Girls that wear corporate outfit maybe for occasions, church programs, academic presentations or just for the culture.

2. Where to find my buyers? Hostels, yeah, hostels! Lodges with high number of girls too

3. How did I "market" fast? My mouth was doing most of job. I drop that compliment of "what you're wearing is so fine, I love your skirt and I can even show you where to get more beautiful ones, cheap and affordable"...... Other means of marketing where through flyers, posters and through my friends!

4. How did I make profit fast? I had a target of making 50naira from every skirt but selling not less than 30pieces every market day..... Oh, what I mean by "market day" is that I sell only on Fridays or Saturdays because weekdays are for studies, I'm sure you know that!

I know you're screaming now and doubting how 50naira on one skirt was able to make me 30k in 3months... Lol! Please, I make 400naira/300naira/200naira on one skirt too but that's on a very good day....Anyways, most of the market days were good! Hahaha ���

Oh My goodness! I didn't know this post was going to be this lengthy! I will stop here for now, if you have any questions or interested in starting this kind of business, I might be of help, if you wantttttttt!

Don't forget to drop a comment and maybe any possible way of improving and growing my business, thank you!
Re: This Business Made Me 30k As A Student by Xsem(m): 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
I like business and i think I should venture into this one as well

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Outsource Your Whiteboard Animations/explainer video Jobs To Me / For The Gentlemen Only!!! / Patek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.