Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? (22724 Views)

Student Caught With 'Expo' In Glass Case In Exam Hall / Bishop Oyedepo Removes Tuition For Agricultural Sciences In Landmark University / Landmark University Begins Rice Production (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by francescainnoce(f): 4:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
Landmark expelled my friend this just concluded semester for taking a device (iPod) into the exam hall. He didn’t cheat with the device and He assured them to double check with his script.
They called him for a defence panel and the verdict has been dispatched- EXPELLED.
What can he do please.
Anyone with similar experience(s). Please useful information will be very much appreciated.
Is it possible to revoke this verdict? Can it be appealed and what is the chance that he will win: is there anyone he could speak to or something. We don’t mind punishment for taking the device into the exam hall but expelling is a capital punishment and He didn’t even cheat with the device.
Please help save a young man from sliding into possible tension and depression!

@Mod please could you move this to the front page. I beg you please. We need help.
@lalastica please kindly move this to the front page.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by francescainnoce(f): 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
@lalastica please I beg you move this to the front page. We need help!

2 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Masterrhymes: 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2019
He should submit the device to the school for cross checking then appeal to repeat a year
francescainnoce:
@lalastica please I beg you move this to the front page. We need help!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Bizmagnet: 4:36pm On Jun 01, 2019
First of all, ask your friend very well if there was no implicating materials on the device. You need to be double sure. Then check the rules of the school very well if the penalty for taking device to the exam hall is outright expulsion. If not convinced of being guilty of the above, then you can hire a good lawyer and challenge them. He might find justice or leniency for his seemingly assumed sin. But if he breaks any existing rules that warrant such treatment, he might waste his money getting a lawer in the long run and still maintain his expulsion status. Meanwhile, let him inform his parents. He should not face the issue alone.
Note: Every student should avoid putting themselves in tight situation when it comes to examinations. There are some avoidable mistakes that could mar your reputation and future.

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 01, 2019
Masterrhymes:
He should submit the device to the school for cross checking then appeal to repeat a year
Good advice

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by cardoso222: 4:52pm On Jun 01, 2019
It doesnt matter whether implicatory materials are in the ipod.
Its same offence
Don't bring material into exam

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by TheTourist: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2019
He should just do WOFBI and appeal with the certificates also show remorse and he should be prepared to lose at least an academic session. (Talking from experience)

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by francescainnoce(f): 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2019
Masterrhymes:

They took the iPod, and they are still with the device. The family are quite careful with telling him about the expelling. But now, they invited a barrister to help appeal. Please dear thanks for replying so quick. Do you know about the appeal process? After the expelling, what honestly can be done.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by francescainnoce(f): 5:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
Very correct and you hit the nail right on the head.
He explained the scenario that led to that incident. The iPod is the device he use for revision nd had used that the night before the exam. So there were materials on the device but these were for revision purposes and he had not intended to use it. INFACT, he emphatically asked that they check his answer script with the material found on the device - his argument is that he didn’t use the material.
But the uni expelled him based on the material.
He can’t inform his mom; for fear of high blood pressure and tension. But his guardian ( elder sister) is very much in talks with the lawyer as it stands. The hope is that the appeal would yield a positive outcome. We don’t mind punishment but expelling after how many millions - now that is truly hard.

Bizmagnet:
First of all, ask your friend very well if there was no implicating materials on the device. You need to be double sure. Then check the rules of the school very well if the penalty for taking device to the exam hall is outright expulsion. If not convinced of being guilty of the above, then you can hire a good lawyer and challenge them. He might find justice or leniency for his seemingly assumed sin. But if he breaks any existing rules that warrant such treatment, he night waste his money getting a lawer in the long run and still maintain his expulsion status. Meanwhile, let his inform his parents. He should not face the issue alone.
Note: Every student should avoid putting themselves in tight situation when it comes to examinations. There are some avoidable mistakes that could mar your reputation and future.
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by francescainnoce(f): 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
cardoso222:
It doesnt matter whether implicatory materials are in the ipod.
Its same offence
Don't bring material into exam

I totally agree wit you dear. It was outrightly silly and uncalled for - very much avoidable. But the deed has bin done and I’d like to consider this a reflex action. He was running late to the exam and with the rush and all, he fell into this forgetfulness. Not checking properly what he had on him.
Thanks for the smack though!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by francescainnoce(f): 5:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
TheTourist:
He should just do WOFBI and appeal with the certificates also show remorse and he should be prepared to lose at least an academic session. (Talking from experience)

Babe please can I chat with you. Kindly indulge me this request. Please. Can we chat privately?

4 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by francescainnoce(f): 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
Thanks
Masterrhymes:
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by TheTourist: 5:45pm On Jun 01, 2019
francescainnoce:

Babe please can I chat with you. Kindly indulge me this request. Please. Can we chat privately?

Okay..
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Masterrhymes: 5:46pm On Jun 01, 2019
Family should appeal, no need for lawyer here. The need of a Lawyer is if he did not commit an offense and this looks like an offense of ommission.
francescainnoce:

They took the iPod, and they are still with the device. The family are quite careful with telling him about the expelling. But now, they invited a barrister to help appeal. Please dear thanks for replying so quick. Do you know about the appeal process? After the expelling, what honestly can be done.

5 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by francescainnoce(f): 5:49pm On Jun 01, 2019
Thanks. noted and honestly thanks for your contribution.

Masterrhymes:
Family should appeal, no need for lawyer here. The need of a Lawyer is if he did not commit an offense and this looks like an offense of ommission.

2 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by barackodam: 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2019
I'm not sure you can do anything.

Even in federal unis, they rusticate and expel, depending on how they deem fit. And appealing would be hard because school have rules and regulations.

2 years ago, a lot of my classmates were rusticated for having Nokia phone, I mean, Nokia torchlight phone in their pockets. They weren't even using it.

So far there's incriminating material on it, appealing is baseless. All schools always want a scapegoat every exam time. And your friend, sadly, is one

20 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by KingOfAllIgbos: 12:53am On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:
He explained the scenario that led to that incident. The iPod is the device he use for revision nd had used that the night before the exam. So there were materials on the device but these were for revision purposes and he had not intended to use it. INFACT, he emphatically asked that they check his answer script with the material found on the device - his argument is that he didn’t use the material.
He can’t inform his mom; for fear of high blood pressure and tension. But his guardian ( elder sister) is very much in talks with the lawyer as it stands. The hope is that the appeal would yield a positive outcome. We don’t mind punishment but expelling after how many millions - now that is truly hard.

Very unconvincing. He hasn't come clean yet.

He knew IPads/iPods were banned yet he came in with one that had study materials.

Claiming he had no intention of using it is like saying one had no intention to rape, but did it by mistake.

His Family would waste a lot of money on lawyers...that's for sure.

I wouldn't sugarcoat anything here unlike others

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Coldplay007(f): 2:11am On Jun 02, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

He knew IPads/iPods were banned yet he came in with one that had study materials.

Claiming he had no intention of using it is like saying one had no intention to rape, but did it by mistake.

Dumbest defense I've heard.. I come to an exam hall with a ipod that has course materials.. then ask them to compare the materials with what I wrote because I didn't bring the materials intentionally...lol

How was he caught then, he must have attempted using the ipod.. If he didnt intend to use the material and it was in his pocket without him trying to bring it out, he wont have been caught

It's like coming into an exam hall with a textbook of the course material, then claiming I didnt use materials from the textbook..

Any attempt to use a lawyer will just cause more sifia pains.. I dont see that school taking him back.. he should goan write jamb again and apply to other schools..

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by deflover(m): 6:07am On Jun 02, 2019
francescainnoce:

He is very stupid
Its like telling a judge
I carried a gun but I didn't intend to us it
I only kept it by my side while I asked the lady to kindly give me her bag
Intent is there
No matter how nice he seem to sound to u
He should have known his school fees was in millions before taking the device to the exam
He said he didn't use it.
Look u can use the revision without copying word for word
He could use it for remembrance
Did that cross ur mind
He is a liar and a cheat
He should go and learn a skill or write jamb again
I doubt he will win his appeal

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 02, 2019
He should inform his mum nd probably let his sis nd mum accompany him to go see the VC/Senate/any top officials in d sch nd let Dem make an appeal for them to grant him an extra year to repeat his accademic session.
Expulsion is way too hard o,Dem jus wan kee d poor boy.
I certainly believe u all can fight this nd get good results.
Tho i ought to b in my finals now but was suspended for a session cos I was caught with an extra material while writing exam last year.
I did inform my mum nd my big bro,
Pls his mum ought to b aware.

9 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Uyi168: 7:48am On Jun 02, 2019
Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by francescainnoce(f): 7:52am On Jun 02, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

Thanks for your input. It is an intense period indeed and there are many things we look back now and realise we could have done things differently. I would be unfair to judge him just because I know I personally had fallen into a dark place - different shades, different trials but same temptation.
I do appreciate you blunt stance. It helps in reprimanding him against the future.

6 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by francescainnoce(f): 8:00am On Jun 02, 2019
Jerryfrush1:
He should inform his mum nd probably let his sis nd mum accompany him to go see the VC/Senate/any top officials in d sch nd let Dem make an appeal for them to grant him an extra year to repeat his accademic session.
Expulsion is way too hard o,Dem jus wan kee d poor boy.
I certainly believe u all can fight this nd get good results.
Tho i ought to b in my finals now but was suspended for a session cos I was caught with an extra material while writing exam last year.
I did inform my mum nd my big bro,
Pls his mum ought to b aware.
Thanks for this cogent input. It really helps build up hope. If you don’t mind me asking, was your experience at the same uni? When did you appeal? Immediately or? And how long did it take?
He is supposed to be in 300L in September. I think we shall tell the mum when we get the official letter of expulsion. And pray for God’s forgiveness and favour. Thanks dear

2 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by chloride6: 8:07am On Jun 02, 2019
He should appeal to the disciplinary committee after informing his parents who must have made their rounds begging the dean, vc, and whoever.

He should appeal that his sentence be commuted to 4 semesters.

Stupid kids who don't listen..

9 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by tolanibae(f): 8:58am On Jun 02, 2019
First of, OP is the one that got expelled, op is just lying that it was a friend just the way op is lying that he/she didn’t intentionally cheat.

I have heard this lie too many times, you brought a material to the exam hall but claimed you were using it for revision the other night. Big fat lie. Were u even allowed to use those devices at landmark in the first place?

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by brodalikeme(m): 9:16am On Jun 02, 2019
He should plead for forgiveness and leniency. He has clearly broken the law and the penalty has been applied.

Three hours without his iPod wouldn't have killed him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 02, 2019
Mine was Aau ekpoma,although I wasn't given any letter,I saw my name on the school notice board nd immediately I made an appeal for forgiveness or alternatively if they could allow me complete this session nd serve the punishment next year i.e if my colleagues re going for service I won't follow Dem I would wait behind to serve the punishment but my appeal wasn't approved.nd Ave paid my fees nd dues before the suspension came up nd am making anoda appeal now if they could defer my payments of sch fees nd dues against next year own,nd I do hope dae approve it.
francescainnoce:

Thanks for this cogent input. It really helps build up hope. If you don’t mind me asking, was your experience at the same uni? When did you appeal? Immediately or? And how long did it take?
He is supposed to be in 300L in September. I think we shall tell the mum when we get the official letter of expulsion. And pray for God’s forgiveness and favour. Thanks dear
Nd besides before I could get results from the letter I pened down to the VC it took me over two months.
Since d sch hasn't released the letter of expulsion/rustification of students it's best you guy follow up the matter seriously else wen dey release d bulletin of students dae suspended it would be hard for Dem to erase students name.
U guys shouldn't wait till dae release the letter yet,start meeting some persons.

6 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by ednut1(m): 10:03am On Jun 02, 2019
Funny. Start preparing for the next jamb

2 Likes

Re: Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? by ImageDoctor: 10:36am On Jun 02, 2019
Academy and being a student doesn't really end only on reading. Try to be diplomatic, learn act of lobbying, dramatize situations(cry before them) and understand your environment.

My problem here is that the verdict has been dispatched, but I'm saying for others to learn.

At my final year, I had similar situation, I had no money and no one to guild or advice me. I went to my house and all thinking how to get myself out of the mess. I came up with the ideas of dramatizing and sympathy lobbying. I couldnt rest until I sort myself out, before the panels.

The following days, I start looking for who and who that will be in the panel commit to pass the verdict of rustication. I found out two. I went before their office shed some crocodile tears, they were all touch emotionally. They are the ones consoling and sympathizing with me.

So, before the panels day, the day of judgement, I went before everyone, I cried openly and publicly. Such that most of panel committe members and fine babes around saw me.

So, it happens when I was invited in, one of the person I met was the chief committe and also the Sub Dean of the faculty. What later happen was miracle and I still give God thanks up till date. I was acquitted.

Sorry, to say that most of the students who faces panel the same day was give 3 years suspension and few rusticated.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Working With A Psycho Please Help / Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors / ASUU May Join NLC Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.