Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,723 members, 7,802,179 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test (23357 Views)

26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes / Apply For Nnpc/chevron JV National University Scholarship Awards 2018 / Police Recruitment:1,728 Successful Applicants To Sit For CBT In Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by EmagNig(m): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
No fewer than 60,000 candidates sat Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC test which held today across the country.

The Chief Operating Officer Corporate Services, Mr Isaiah Inuwa, disclosed this to newsmen while monitoring some of the CBT centres in Abuja.

He said that the exam was ongoing in about 94 centers in 22 states.

“This is fantastic, you can see everything is going on well. We have two centres here and you see the orderly way people are being screened for accreditation.

“What you see here is on going in about 94 centres in 22 states across the federation.

“This is another way the corporation is showing transparency in carrying out its activities and this has also given Nigerians the opportunity to hold their leaders accountable.

“All the candidates are scheduled with time. Some 8am, some 9am and the questions are not the same because they are computer generated,” he said.

He said that the corporation in collaboration with some institution worked together to ensure the success of the programme.

Some of the the candidates who spoke to newsmen said that the process had been transparent so far.

Mr Nkwouh Charles, a candidate at Sanscon International School center in Maitama said:

“The process was smooth, we were identified and given accreditation. There was no confusion here and they started in good time.

“I wrote for graduate category and I am just coming out from the exam hall. I am very hopeful,” he said.

Mr Abraham Joshua, at JC Best International School centre Life camp, said that apart from not starting in good time, acreditation was fast and okay.

“I commended the NNPC for this, this is the first time I have been invited for an interview since I have been applying for jobs.

“I do not know anybody but short listing me in the first place gave me hope that this process will work.

“I believe that since I have gotten to this stage that I will be successful. I am very hopeful,” he added.

But Mr Tunji Ade at the same centre who was supposed to write at 10am but as at 11.30am had not gotten acredidattion frowned at the delay.

“Nobody had told us anything but I learnt that they did not start early here.

“I will wait until it is my turn but I am not happy with the delay in time,” he said.

Armed security personnel were present at the various centres visited within the FCT.

https://lailasnews.com/over-60000-candidates-sit-for-nnpc-test/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by yemmybx(m): 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2019
Are they doing it in batches? I'll be glad to know...

1 Like

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Hopez456(m): 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2019
I was among the 8am batch at JC best schools Abuja. The experience today was horrible, we couldn't write the exam depite being on ground since 8am. We were later moved in a convoy of buses around 2:40pm to another school within Gwarinpa to write the exam. I just got home with pains in my body and headaches. Today is one day I won't forget in a hurry.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by ODeva(f): 8:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
Hopez456:
I was among the 8am batch at JC best schools Abuja. The experience today was horrible, we couldn't write the exam depite being on ground since 8am. We were later moved in a convoy of buses around 2:40pm to another school within Gwarinpa to write the exam. I just got home with pains in my body and headaches. Today is one day I won't forget in a hurry.
Pèlè, And I was complaining about my center that we were delayed for an hour and a half.

7 Likes

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by sulasa07(m): 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2019
And even with all d struggle, they will accept those who paid the bribe price.

19 Likes

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by TEDHorsePower: 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2019
Seriously
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by kerry57: 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2019
60,000 candidates for how many available positions?

5 Likes

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by titiloyeblog: 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2019
the quest to secure a job is on the increase
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by imolereed(m): 8:37pm On Jun 01, 2019
God help us all
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by BIXYBABE: 8:37pm On Jun 01, 2019
okay
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by aremuforlife(m): 8:37pm On Jun 01, 2019
First time in the history of Nigeria nnpc exam is done openly

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by nurez305(m): 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2019
I thought they said about 25 million apply for it

1 Like

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by solmusdesigns: 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2019
lipsrsealed

people still never understand how FG jobs work... 60,000 learners

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by nanauju(f): 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2019
60,000 wrote the test, yet the real owners of the available slots, who didn't even take the assessment will soon be handed their employment letters.

Nigeria I hail your corruption o

34 Likes

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Codes151(m): 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2019
I’d love to see this man write the exams too and his qualifications

The Chief Operating Officer Corporate Services, Mr Isaiah Inuwa.

1 Like

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by decasey(m): 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2019
Am still waiting to know how many northern guys dat will pass dis exam grin

4 Likes

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by ugonology(m): 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2019
This is an improvement, at least there was an aptitude test. Something they have not done in a long time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by bajeen(m): 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2019
decasey:
Am still waiting to how many northern guys dat will pass dis exam grin

Why are you obsessed with 'northern guys'? Or has your brain been gradually saturated with the ill informed notion that northerners do not get appointment meritoriously? If yes, you have fallen into a deep abyss and I pray you emerge from it soon.

If NNPC goes ahead to recruit on 'who-you-know' principle, it will not be about the north vs south, islam vs Christianity...., but an interclass struggle between the elite and the masses. The elitist class will distribute the slots among themselves, using their own quota system. Just go and do a check into recent recruitment drives by 'lucrative' govt agencies e.g. CBN, DPR, FIRS etc, and you will most likely validate what I stated.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by 3kay945(m): 8:43pm On Jun 01, 2019
Hmm, only God knows the remaining slot this 60k folks are contesting for. cool
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by HAkorehdeh(m): 8:43pm On Jun 01, 2019
A
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by BuildingEngr: 8:44pm On Jun 01, 2019
Hope they will make the recruitment process truly transparent..

Check my signature
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Philspace(m): 8:45pm On Jun 01, 2019
Ma hear, after all the stress na government list dem go still use.
I just pity for the shortlisted pesins though.

3 Likes

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by CaptainMitch: 8:46pm On Jun 01, 2019
Sorry for you
aremuforlife:
First time in the history of Nigeria nnpc exam is done openly

1 Like

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Jokerman(m): 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2019
Lol... 60,000 clowns
cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Larbosky(m): 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2019
sulasa07:
And even with all d struggle, they will accept those who paid the bribe price.

Nah so, even if I know genuine person to pay to, I fit borrow loan to pay him/her
Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by CaptainMitch: 8:48pm On Jun 01, 2019
That's always the first step, don't expose your ignorance
ugonology:
This is an improvement, at least there was an aptitude test. Something they have not done in a long time

2 Likes

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 01, 2019
Please those people that work in CBN are they immortal, since I was born I have never seen CBN recruit.

13 Likes

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 01, 2019
Unemployment has taken a huge sit in this country ,may God see us thru

1 Like

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 01, 2019
Mehn, I saw people at my centre, I couldn't help but laugh.
Anyways, the questions were not that difficult.
To all of us who will meet at the next phase, congratulations.

11 Likes

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2019
charliboy654:
Please those people that work in CBN are they immortal, since I was born I have never seen CBN recruit.
Those working there are recruited based on recommendation cool

6 Likes

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Gerrard59(m): 8:52pm On Jun 01, 2019
EmagNig:
No

“The process was smooth, we were identified and given accreditation. There was no confusion here and they started in good time.

“I wrote for graduate category and I am just coming out from the exam hall. I am very hopeful,” he said.

Mr Abraham Joshua, at JC Best International School centre Life camp, said that apart from not starting in good time, acreditation was fast and okay.

“I commended the NNPC for this, this is the first time I have been invited for an interview since I have been applying for jobs.

“I do not know anybody but short listing me in the first place gave me hope that this process will work.

“I

Apparently, he doesn't know the difference between an aptitude test and an interview.

Too bad!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 60,000 Candidates Sit For NNPC Test by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 01, 2019
nanauju:
60,000 wrote the test, yet the real owners of the available slots, who didn't even take the assessment will soon be handed their employment letters.

Nigeria I hail your corruption o

I know there is corruption in Nigeria, but the thing is, NNPC can't take up to 5000 of the 60000.

The rest in their disappointment will think that the 5000 got in by connections. When it is a matter of some get in, some don't

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? / Is Studying Physics Actually A Useless Course In Nigeria? / Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.