Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,992 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Beautiful Photos From Ogun State - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Photos From Ogun State (41821 Views)

Beautiful Photos Of Different Places In Nigeria / Beautiful Photos And Video Of Elegushi Beach At Night / Beautiful Photos From Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by twhy111(m): 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
@OP should i show you pictures of sango ota, ijoko, lambe, agbara, Ifo, ajuwon, sapade and so on. You go won cry for ogun state. The slang is always ogun state and bad roads, remove ijebu and abeokuta out of ogun state what you'll find remaining is absolute nonsense.
You go about snapping estate road uphandan for us.

#spit
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by Prosperchuks1344(m): 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
SLAP44:
This place is itele in ogun state and it has been developing fast since Amosun started ruling,

Itele is not a state capital still it is growing fast, kudos to amosun

For your information, its only in Igbo land you will see this kinda structure, Yoruba's don't built this kind of houses and pls stop misinforming nairalanders...
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by Prosperchuks1344(m): 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2019
Barbilius:
Their homeland is so developed yet they can't sit their punk arsses there, they crowded all our cities even to the inner core villages, how ironic!!!

Just wanna help develop those slums like we did in Lagos...
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by Westtimeline: 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2019
Uglyojuku:
Onitsha is just 1 GRA in Ibadan and Ibadan has m9re than 10.
You will bring out 60 onitshas from Ibadan. Onitsha not even up to Apete inside ibadan
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by OlawaleSmarter0(m): 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

Brain wise, for the past few decades South East has been destroying other states in waec, neco, jamb etc. While Afonja losers are competing with Zamfara State.

International, South East has been gathering awards all over the world.
Indulstry wise South East is the home of technology and wears in West Africa.
Market and commerce Onitsha and Aba host the biggest markets in Black Africa.

Another funny facts is that most of these factories in the West and Norths are owned by Igbo businessmen whole employs you Afonja losers as cleaners and Abokis as gatemen!
Morden days Colonalization!

Yes we know you are this and that

You are also the first African race to land on Mars and moon

You also manufacture facts, statistics and figures from your anus cheesy

Yoruba have been gathering Awards and conquering the World without making noise

Yoruba still have the highest number of professors in this country

Yoruba still have the highest number of Doctors in this country

Yoruba still have the highest number of pharmacists, highest numbers of teachers, lecturers etc

Yoruba have emerged as the best in WAEC, NECO and JAMB even the best student in WAEC through out West Africa last year was Yoruba

Best higher institutions in Nigeria is still in South West, with all these I can say we are still the most Educated tribe.

Igbo are the Richest blah blah while no Igbo man has ever emerge as a Billionaire, in fact a Yoruba woman Folorunsho Alakija is richer than all your wrapper tying men in Igbo Land while you push wheelbarrows and Hawk Gala in the cities of South West grin

7 Likes

Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by Uglyojuku: 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2019
Westtimeline:
You will bring out 60 onitshas from Ibadan. Onitsha not even up to Apete inside ibadan
Maybe it is only one Osu guy that usually posts these nonsense that any state in the South East is close to Ibadan city in development.All Igbos know that Ibadan is nuch more de than Igboland.The developed parts of Igboland are not up to 6 GRAs in Ibadan.

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by Xander85: 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2019
nokatakata:
lol..these are the pictures nigerians use in deceiving themselves.

you think your state is developed because of some funny looking pictures. Nigeria is a mess. The earlier ya'll stop deceiving yourselves with pictures the better for you. You make the evil and wicked politicians feel they are working when you post useless pictures like this.

I agree with you on the second paragraph! I look at YouTube videos of Kigali, Nairobi or Abidjan, and just shake my head at all the dick measuring going on in this forum!
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by Uglyojuku: 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
Prosperchuks1344:

For your information, its only in Igbo land you will see this kinda structure, Yoruba's don't built this kind of houses and pls stop misinforming nairalanders...
Thank you jare.Yorubas build skyscrapers that you cannot find one in the South East IGBOLAND.
This can only be found in Yorubaland.

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 02, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

Oh shut up! He just stated the fact.
Cry me river!
okay
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by ozoebuka1(m): 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2019
Preshy561:

If I slap you eehn, this is somewhere in Ala Igbo.
Onye oshi ùlò
thats onitsha...
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by forgiveness: 6:13pm On Jun 02, 2019
Odingo1:
Apart from Lagos that is developed by FG and Nigerians as former capital of Nigeria, any other state that is in SW look like ancient towns of olden days covered with brown roofs.

Ikeja, Maryland, Anthony, Ilupeju etc were planned and built by the Western region.

Ibadan is 4th or 5th most developed city in Nigeria.
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by forgiveness: 6:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
manchy7531:
Owerri beat, Oshogbo, AdoEkiti, Ibadan, Abeokuta and Akure hands down. The only city close to modernity in the southwest is Akure. The rest are slums and dilapidated camps with obvious poverty and backwardness.

Ibadan is far more developed than Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by forgiveness: 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2019
manchy7531:
They have all run away... I’m waiting. owerri alone will fight today’s battle. All other eastern cities should just grab pop corn and coke, and see owerri take them back to theirs slums.

I’m waiting.. Ibadan and Abeokuta, where are u guys?

Let’s focus on city planning, general beauty, environment, people(appearance and neatness) and off cost housing grin

The bolded do not tantamount to development.

Ogun state is more developed than Imo state though Owerri looks more beautiful than Abeokuta (it has been long I went there).
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by forgiveness: 6:47pm On Jun 02, 2019
manchy7531:
Still on #ChangingTheNarrative. Fun facts about igbos and igboland.

1) Finding a bungalow in #Onitsha is like looking for a fish in a desert

2) #Onitsha has more multistorey buildings than a combination of Oyo,Ogun,Ondo,Ekiti and Ondo all put together.

3) #Owerri has the most concentration of hotels,clubs and bars per square meter in Nigeria

4) #Onitsha is the most densely populated city in Nigeria outside Lagos

5) #Enugu in 2014 made the list of Most resilient cities in the world and the first in Nigeria.

6) #Owerri and #Aba have the most organized city masterplan, initiated by former governor Sam Mbakwe of old imo state. Sadly Aba has been left to rot, due to bad governance.

7)#Anambra state has the best urban and rural road network of any state in Nigeria

cool: For the past 10yrs, #Anambra, #IMO, #Abia, #Enugu, and #Delta are the leading states in Weac, Neco and jamb, and are also the leading states with NYSC passouts

9) #Imo, #Anambra, #Delta presently have the most PhD holder and Professors in Nigeria

10) By premiumtimes report, #IMO, #Anambra and #Delta are the leading states for law admission for the past 5yrs, while #Imo, #Anambra, #Delta and #Enugu are leading for medicine admission

11)#Anambra #Imo and #Enugu have the highest cut off mark for admission into federal unity schools and colleges, yet these states produce the most graduates from those colleges. For Anambra, it is 139, Imo 138, Enugu 134,

12) In 2017, #igbo students dominated the list of graduates in Engineering and medicine departments in covenant university.

13) In any city, town or village you enter outside #Igboland in #Nigeria, after the indigenous language speakers, the next are the #Igbos

14) #Igbos are the largest diaspora #Nigerians in any country in the world except in the Uk, where the #yorubas hold sway.

15) University of Nigeria Nsukka, has the most influential alumni of any university in #Nigeria

16) #Owerri has the highest concentration of beautiful girls of any city in #Nigeria.

17) #Onitsha main market in #Anambra state and #Ariaria market in #Aba #Abia state remain the biggest commodity markets in west Africa.

18) #Igboland has the biggest and most influential Football and Nollywood stars in #Nigeria

19) #Onitsha houses the highest concentration of multistorey apartments per square meter in #Sub-Saharan #Africa

20) In 2018, National Inland Waterways Authority(NIWA), reported that 60 Per Cent Of Cargo In #Nigeria Goes to #Onitsha

21)#Portharcourt, #Owerri, #Enugu and #Asaba airports are the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 8th busiest airports in #Nigeria respectively.

22)#Uli airport in present day #Anambra state was the first indigenously built airport in black Africa. Built by the #Biafrans during the civil war. Though a makeshift airport, it served its purpose during the civil war but was destroyed after the war.

23)#Imo Airport is the only indigene built and the first state owned airport in #Nigeria. Built from contributions and donations from Indigenes (then #Imo and #Abia). Initiated under the leadership of Sam Mbakwe, but officially commenced operation in 1991.

24)According to Forbes Africa, #Nnewi in #Anambra state has the most number of Naira billionaires in Nigeria.

Copied :

Bolded 2 is not true. There are many multistorey apartments in Ibadan not to talk of Ogbomosho and Ogun state.

Besides, Delta state is not see.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by forgiveness: 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2019
manchy7531:
Mentioning those places make me feel like I have insulted Owerri in the first place to be comparing it with Ibadan and Abeokuta.

Abakaliki is the new standard for southwest capital cities.

Ibadan is far far developed than Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by godfatherx: 7:08pm On Jun 02, 2019
courage89:
Why are all these facilities situated around Abeokuta's axis? What happened to other areas? Don't they deserve some level of facelift?

My guy don't be deceived o, many of the pix are private properties
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by EngrMatthew02: 7:17pm On Jun 02, 2019
Good
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by amiskurie(m): 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2019
Unlimitk:
Ogun state was a dead state when nothing was working until his excellency former governor of Abeokuta state took control

See the works of amosun
And we hope dapo abiodun will not relent
Hope you are well op?

That's city view by propertymart, a private estate situated at arepo Ogun state.

Amosun ko,he didn't construct a single borehole talk less of a single road in arepo town.
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by Imo1stson: 8:50pm On Jun 02, 2019
forgiveness:

Ibadan is far more developed than Owerri.

Maybe much larger but development is arguable because size is also a factor but not all. Owerri is quite a modern city by Nigerian standard
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by wasiudvd(m): 9:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
mrvitalis:

I have always said it south westetn state are far below south eastern states if u take out lagos

Ogun state capital looking like this ....its sad ....this is same class as abakilika na
My brother, how is Awka looking? This iis 9:29PM, I can bet my two balls that I will only find life in Abakaliki street if I move round Awka now.
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by forgiveness: 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
Imo1stson:

Maybe much larger but development is arguable because size is also a factor but not all. Owerri is quite a modern city by Nigerian standard

This is not about size only, it's about other factors that makes a city livable.

Based on Mercer's Quality of Living survey, the following factors are used to determine livable cities;

1, Consumer goods

2, Economic environment

3, Housing

4, Medical and Health consideration

5, Natural environment

6, Political and Social environment

7, Recreation

8, Schools and Education

9, social and cultural environment

10, Public services and Transportation

Ibadan beats Owerri in all these sectors.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by Uglyojuku: 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2019
SLAP44:

And here they go again with IGR lubbish, while hunger slams them back to back.
Igbos are the most poverty stricken people in the South.

Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by Ttipsy(f): 10:09pm On Jun 02, 2019
okay
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by Uglyojuku: 10:15pm On Jun 02, 2019
Imo1stson:

The issue is that Ibadan is more developed than Anambra,Imo,Abia,Ebonyi and enugu.
You always post residential houses which Ibadan has more than any SE states.
Road Network: Ibadan has more and better road network.

Infrastructures: Ibadan has more than all Igboland joined.

The list looks inexhaustible.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by iybee24(m): 10:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
All those brown roof house need to be demolish, they didn't compliment Amosun good work, to have a smart state, all those building must be replace with 21st century house, and also Abeokuta need good Master plan.
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by Prosperchuks1344(m): 12:20am On Jun 03, 2019
Westtimeline:
Yet, your region is backward. In America, UK, they don't build much high rise yet, so much developed.

Is this not your land Mr developer? grin

if my region is backward what will we say about South West states apart from some part in Lagos?

if I start posting pictures now you will start crying foul...
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by Prosperchuks1344(m): 12:24am On Jun 03, 2019
Uglyojuku:

Thank you jare.Yorubas build skyscrapers that you cannot find one in the South East IGBOLAND.
This can only be found in Yorubaland.

how many skyscrapers were built by Yoruba's?
give me five names of the individuals and locations were its built......
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by emmaodet: 7:39am On Jun 03, 2019
I think this matter as really been over flogged, let me contribute in this issue.
Am a yoruba man from Osun state, Modakeke to be precise but born and raised in ogun state, sagamu before migrating to abeokuta in 2010 permanently.
I base in Obantoko, Abeokuta. So atleast i can give a good account of what is happening.
To be frank and honest, am not happy with the situation of aouth west at all, i don't know why people keep praising all this useless governors.
For God sake, things are really bad at home, i don't know why we are denying that. To what end?
Sometimes, we need to look eachother in the eyes and tell ourselves the bitter truth that things are bad, really really bad. Is it because alot of the locals are not travelling? That is why they think south west is doing fine? I travel alot, both internal and international and i see things and compare.
Now, the government can't do everything, there are things expected from the government, there are some expected from the locals.
Good roads, pipe borne water, electricity and maybe railway are most what we are expecting from government but the locals are meant to build good houses, government won't do that.
Do you know that if each regions are to go for exhibition and showing of there major cities and towns in abuja or africa probably a show in maybe SA,
Outside Lagos, ibadan and Abeokuta and the 2 cities that will be in the top list of the yorubas to show as a model, now this is were it get dirty -
I don't want to exaggerate but atleast 30-40% of houses in abeokuta still uses pit latrine (salanga), for God sake, this is a capital and a city for exhibition.
50-70% of houses in abeokuta still uses well water in this 21st century and this is a city that will represent the youba race at wprld exhibition, my God!!!!!!!!
Now about the well, i won't blame the locals much because it is a rocky city and water drillers charge 700-800k to do a borehole so most go for well which is cheaper at about 50-100k max, it's is only yhe big boys that do borehole.
Likewise the pit latrine, because the grounds are rock, they can't dig the rock for toilet and even if they do, the waters won't sink, so a big problem.
And this is where the govt needs to come in, that is why most yorubas claim they are from lagos.
It's just like a man from a poor home but staying with a rich man, let's say obasanjo. When he goes out, he will quickly identify himself as obasanjo son because it will give him more prestige than using is natural father's name.
Am not happy with south west at all, in the whole of southern nigeria, southwest is the least infrastructure wise.
Cc.
helinues
Barbilius
Timmypromise
olawalesmarter0
westtimeline

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by OlawaleSmarter0(m): 7:58am On Jun 03, 2019
emmaodet:
I think this matter as really been over flogged, let me contribute in this issue.
Am a yoruba man from Osun state, Modakeke to be precise but born and raised in ogun state, sagamu before migrating to abeokuta in 2010 permanently.
I base in Obantoko, Abeokuta. So atleast i can give a good account of what is happening.
To be frank and honest, am not happy with the situation of aouth west at all, i don't know why people keep praising all this useless governors.
For God sake, things are really bad at home, i don't know why we are denying that. To what end?
Sometimes, we need to look eachother in the eyes and tell ourselves the bitter truth that things are bad, really really bad. Is it because alot of the locals are not travelling? That is why they think south west is doing fine? I travel alot, both internal and international and i see things and compare.
Now, the government can't do everything, there are things expected from the government, there are some expected from the locals.
Good roads, pipe borne water, electricity and maybe railway are most what we are expecting from government but the locals are meant to build good houses, government won't do that.
Do you know that if each regions are to go for exhibition and showing of there major cities and towns in abuja or africa probably a show in maybe SA,
Outside Lagos, ibadan and Abeokuta and the 2 cities that will be in the top list of the yorubas to show as a model, now this is were it get dirty -
I don't want to exaggerate but atleast 30-40% of houses in abeokuta still uses pit latrine (salanga), for God sake, this is a capital and a city for exhibition.
50-70% of houses in abeokuta still uses well water in this 21st century and this is a city that will represent the youba race at wprld exhibition, my God!!!!!!!!
Now about the well, i won't blame the locals much because it is a rocky city and water drillers charge 700-800k to do a borehole so most go for well which is cheaper at about 50-100k max, it's is only yhe big boys that do borehole.
Likewise the pit latrine, because the grounds are rock, they can't dig the rock for toilet and even if they do, the waters won't sink, so a big problem.
And this is where the govt needs to come in, that is why most yorubas claim they are from lagos.
It's just like a man from a poor home but staying with a rich man, let's say obasanjo. When he goes out, he will quickly identify himself as obasanjo son because it will give him more prestige than using is natural father's name.
Am not happy with south west at all, in the whole of southern nigeria, southwest is the least infrastructure wise.
Cc.
helinues
Barbilius
Timmypromise
olawalesmarter0
westtimeline

We all Know Nigeria is still a very big Giant shithole and we will continue to demand for the better from the Government with our votes, nobody is praising the government but South West is still better than some regions. I have been to other regions in Nigeria so I know what I am saying.
Re: Beautiful Photos From Ogun State by B2mario(m): 9:56am On Jun 03, 2019
Westtimeline:
Yet, your region is backward. In America, UK, they don't build much high rise yet, so much developed.

Is this not your land Mr developer? grin
Oga, this is not Aba. This is a doctored pix

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Vehicle Skids Off Bridge, Falls Into Lagoon In Lagos / Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA / Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.