Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,490 members, 7,781,468 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:55 PM

Life In Ukraine - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Ukraine (5580 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To Ukraine Warns Nigerians Not To Study In Ukraine / Life In The Usa As A Student. / Study Opportunities In Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life In Ukraine by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 29, 2010
Hi nairalanders,
i got an admission to study in an Ukrainian university on the masters level and also my wife.
i want to know how life is around there, standard of living- how much per day in naira, applying for visa, etc.
i also would like to go with my baby who is 1yr old.
pls whats it like?
Re: Life In Ukraine by FBS: 10:09am On Sep 29, 2010
Is this via some kind of scholarship or grant?

Also, have it at the back of your mind that Ukraine is not part of the EU!
Re: Life In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 29, 2010
i dont understand, pls enlighten me
Re: Life In Ukraine by FBS: 10:42am On Sep 29, 2010
I mean how do you intend to pay your ( and that of your wife) tuition fees? Scholarship or by yourself?
Re: Life In Ukraine by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 29, 2010
for a start i have like 1m, i hope to get a job there to further aid my finances
Re: Life In Ukraine by FBS: 11:01am On Sep 29, 2010
Did you say 1M Naira?
What is the name of the school?
Re: Life In Ukraine by Vicjustice: 11:02am On Sep 29, 2010
   Ukraine? Well, take these measures into account:
*Be prepared to always watch your back whenever a person walks behind you as the Skin-Head racists there are extremely physical and can attack you with deadly force.
* Always make sure you don't walk alone at night or in an empty street during day time.
* Always make sure you're fit and athletic enough to enable you run fast for your life whenever you're being chased in the streets by their Skin-Head racists.
* Prepare yourself to always elude banana missiles that are thrown anonymously at you in the streets through upstair windows.
* Be prepared to get familiar with the "Hail Hitler" salute, and also with the name "Makaka" (Russian word for Monkey) without protest as protesting them may cost you blood.
* You'd learn to be appreciative whenever someone says to your face "Go home Nigger" or calls you "Makaka" because, the same person could have shot or stabbed you and ran away.
* Be prepared to be mockingly offered bananas occasionally, and know that you won't have any police to report the abuses to as there is no law in place against racism in Ukraine.
* Ensure that you have enough funding from Nigeria to maintain yourself as you would never find a job how much more to talk about its poor wages ranging from 754 to 900 Ukrainian Hryvnia (about 70 to 85 Euros) a month.
* Be prepared to sometimes sleep in extremely cold room during their biting winter as you might find it difficult to pay for the Soviet style central heater.
* Be prepared to study in an ancient Greek style alphabets
* Bear in mind that your education certificate will not be recognised in EU countries as you will definitely have to upgrade.
* Bear in mind that you would have to return to Nigeria as soon as you finished your education because, you would not like to become a wayward person like many stranded and frustrated Nigerians before you.
* Remember that you're married, therefore, you can't benefit from the only good thing i reckon about them, they have some of the most beautiful women in the world: tall, slim, blonde, blue-eyed sexy girls who crave for black guys  kiss So, your wife might be in danger of  lipsrsealed cool cheesy grin
Re: Life In Ukraine by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2010
Vicjustice:

*Be prepared to always watch your back whenever a person walks behind you as the Skin-Head racists there are extremely physical and can attack you with deadly force.
* Always make sure you don't walk alone at night or in an empty street during day time.
* Always make sure you're fit and athletic enough to enable you run fast for your life whenever you're being chased in the streets by their Skin-Head racists.
* Ensure that you have enough funding from Nigeria to maintain yourself as you would never find a job how much more to talk about its poor wages ranging from 754 to 900 Ukrainian Hryvnia (about 70 to 85 Euros) a month.
* Be prepared to sometimes sleep in extremely cold room during their biting winter as you might find it difficult to pay for the Soviet style central heater.
* Bear in mind that your education certificate will not be recognised in EU countries as you will definitely have to upgrade.
* Bear in mind that you would have to return to Nigeria as soon as you finished your education as you would not like to become a wayward person like many stranded and frustrated Nigerians before you.
* Remember that you're married, therefore, you can't benefit from the only good thing i reckon about them, they have some of the most beautiful women in the world: tall, slim, blonde, blue-eyed sexy girls who crave for black guys kiss So, your wife might be in danger of  lipsrsealed cool cheesy grin

well said!!!!!!
Re: Life In Ukraine by FBS: 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2010
Don't know about the blue-eye thingy 'cos the finest people have met didn't have blue eyes but most of the above points are valid.

So there  you have it OP!
Re: Life In Ukraine by Tosinville(m): 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2010
^^^Well all i know in this life is that every real man must face challenges in existence to achieve your aim in life, there's no country without racist but the rate are just different from each other and just because ukrain is full of racists doesn't mean there no black students there that are doing great but my advice for the poster is that he should be the first to move down to ukrain for his masters and if he later finds out the country is where him and his family can cope with then he can send for his wife and his kid to join him.

Poster, i think bringing dependents family along with you for a start with that amount N1M will be a little bit stressful when you haven't set a good arrangement of accommodation, working permit etc and its a place you have no relatives so i'll advice you to move first as a man to go survey how things can work first with u and your family in ukrain.
Re: Life In Ukraine by DANTE4LIFE(m): 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2010
robish!!!! leave that city you are staying and stop exaggerating
Re: Life In Ukraine by wishlolia(f): 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2010
DANTE4LIFE:

robish!!!! leave that city you are staying and stop exaggerating
explain your point
Re: Life In Ukraine by chyk91(m): 2:55am On Oct 01, 2010
lol @ vic justice comment. u just scared the poster.

1 Like

Re: Life In Ukraine by geesus: 5:40am On Oct 01, 2010
Hello, Nairalander!

@Vicjustice
All what he said was true, i accepted all what he said. I am in ukraine and i have experienced all what he said.So if u are coming to ukraine make sure that all what @Vicjustice said u are aware of it and be prepare of it.
Re: Life In Ukraine by Davedavy: 6:20pm On Oct 05, 2010
Vicjustice:

* Prepare yourself to always elude banana missiles that are thrown anonymously at you in the streets through upstair windows.
* Be prepared to get familiar with the "Hail Hitler" salute, and also with the name "Makaka" (Russian word for Monkey) without protest as protesting them may cost you blood.
* You'd learn to be appreciative whenever someone says to your face "Go home Nigger" or calls you "Makaka" because, the same person could have shot or stabbed you and ran away.
* Be prepared to be mockingly offered bananas occasionally, and know that you won't have any police to report the abuses to as there is no law in place against racism in Ukraine.
* Ensure that you have enough funding from Nigeria to maintain yourself as you would never find a job how much more to talk about its poor wages ranging from 754 to 900 Ukrainian Hryvnia (about 70 to 85 Euros) a month.GBAM!!!
* Bear in mind that you would have to return to Nigeria as soon as you finished your education because, you would not like to become a wayward person like many stranded and frustrated Nigerians before you.
* Remember that you're married, therefore, you can't benefit from the only good thing i reckon about them, they have some of the most beautiful women in the world: tall, slim, blonde, blue-eyed sexy girls who crave for black guys  kiss So, your wife might be in danger of  lipsrsealed cool cheesy grin

GBAM!!!!
Re: Life In Ukraine by Rocktation(f): 1:31pm On Oct 06, 2010
Vicjustice is one crazy but honest dude, man.
Re: Life In Ukraine by wishlolia(f): 6:43pm On Oct 12, 2010
kay-pawpaw:

Hi nairalanders,
i got an admission to study in an Ukrainian university on the masters level and also my wife.
i want to know how life is around there, standard of living- how much per day in naira, applying for visa, etc.
i also would like to go with my baby who is 1yr old.
pls whats it like?
where are you mr poster, we didnt hear from you any more or has vic justice post scared you off? grin
Rocktation:

Vicjustice is one crazy but honest dude, man.
thats very true, crazy facts about ukrain
Re: Life In Ukraine by wishlolia(f): 8:44pm On Oct 24, 2010
where is the poster?
Re: Life In Ukraine by Ijeleigbo(m): 6:49am On Oct 25, 2010
Holy moses and Joshua! Na so ukraine bad reach? Chei! So we be makaka cus we black skinned?
@poster. Abeg, if you must still insist to visit ukraine, don't you take your wife and kid along with this devilish fact about the country. Go alone and be a social/friendly makaka. If they call you that, smile. There's power in smiling and looking happy no matter the condition.
Another person said getting a job there is zero percent and means of livelihood is difficult and their certificate is not EU recognised. Nna, if na me i go bone that Godforsaken country and save my one milla.
We go survive!
Re: Life In Ukraine by justwise(m): 8:21am On Nov 02, 2010
papicurry:

I can help u for a nonapearance viza frm ukraine, contact me on viza.abroad@gmail.com
No you can't help him, help urself first and get off dubious act.

(1) (Reply)

Hotels In Ikeja Near Airport / Nigerians In Israel / How To Get To Adeniyi Jones,ikeja From Ketu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.