Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? (627 Views)

Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) / Native Doctor Claims A Family Member Is Responsible For Death Of 6 Kids In Edo / Did The Bible Really Say That A Woman Must Marry Her Rapist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by glowingflame7: 9:12am On Jun 02, 2019
My question is coming from this passage in Jonah, where the people wanted to know the person that caused the storm among them. Naturally, we will attribute it to bad weather, but the people seemed to rightly pin-point prophet Jonah.

Jonah 1:7  And they said every one to his fellow, Come, and let us cast lots, that we may know for whose cause this evil is upon us. So they cast lots, and the lot fell upon Jonah.

So is it okay to say that there is a person in that bus, plane, okada, that caused the accident?
Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by LordReed(m): 11:43am On Jun 02, 2019
glowingflame7:
My question is coming from this passage in Jonah, where the people wanted to know the person that caused the storm among them. Naturally, we will attribute it to bad weather, but the people seemed to rightly pin-point prophet Jonah.

Jonah 1:7  And they said every one to his fellow, Come, and let us cast lots, that we may know for whose cause this evil is upon us. So they cast lots, and the lot fell upon Jonah.

So is it okay to say that there is a person in that bus, plane, okada, that caused the accident?

A story to reinforce the idea that divine vengeance is inescapable. If it was the case all vehicles in the air, on land and sea would have crashed or had an accident.

Meanwhile, while men are working to produce safer cars and systems, the divine remains a pie in the sky.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by gustav25: 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2019
Stupid religious zealots

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by Image123(m): 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
LordReed:

A story to reinforce the idea that divine vengeance is inescapable. If it was the case all vehicles in the air, on land and sea would have crashed or had an accident.

Meanwhile, while men are working to produce safer cars and systems, the divine remains a pie in the sky.

Make sense please. Because the last i remember of the book of Jonah, no one suffered vengeance, whatever that means. Not even the people of Nineveh.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by LordReed(m): 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2019
Image123:

Make sense please. Because the last i remember of the book of Jonah, no one suffered vengeance, whatever that means. Not even the people of Nineveh.

You need to acquire sense. Go and read Jonah 1 again if you have forgotten what it says.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by Image123(m): 7:25pm On Jun 02, 2019
LordReed:

You need to acquire sense. Go and read Jonah 1 again if you have forgotten what it says.

Duh, it's the book of Jonah. It has about 4 chapters. The sensible thing for you to do is to conclude the reading instead of forcing your conclusions.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by LordReed(m): 7:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
Image123:

Duh, it's the book of Jonah. It has about 4 chapters. The sensible thing for you to do is to conclude the reading instead of forcing your conclusions.

Stop talking out your arse if you have nothing important to say.
Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by hakeem4(m): 7:54pm On Jun 02, 2019
No it’s no safe. In most cases it could be a coincidence.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by Image123(m): 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2019
LordReed:

Stop talking out your arse if you have nothing important to say.

What could be more important to you than self deceit?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by LordReed(m): 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
Image123:

What could be more important to you than self deceit?

Ah the famous projection there it is.
Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by SKhanmi: 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2019
Not really. That's why they are called accidents. Although I've actually had a near experience like that in which I was the Jonah..& i knew why...I still think we all have appointed times to die. My perspective.

Now according to a book I read,can't recollect the title...it states that there are times in one's life when it's possible to die an avoidable death...like it's been written down that this person would die at 90yrs but in between 6-8 & 20-21yrs,that being would encounter situations which might take his/her life if care is not taken. Now someone who wasn't totally spiritually defunct would receive warnings or premonitions. In the end it's up to them.

Summary is maybe it was their appointed time or another avoidable accident or mix of the two. This kinda questions are unending rabbit holes I never want to go down.
Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by paraltero: 12:54am On Jun 03, 2019
Well, every event has a trigger.

The trigger though is not necessarily human or deliberate.
Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by glowingflame7: 6:40am On Jun 03, 2019
Thanks all, i appreciate. More inputs though.
Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by Image123(m): 7:11am On Jun 03, 2019
LordReed:

Ah the famous projection there it is.

Do you write in tongues, this needs some interpretation.Again the clarion call, make sense.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 03, 2019
glowingflame7:

YES! But it's no more because of one human who did something bad, rather it is Satan and demons that are angry that the time to imprison them is getting closer than ever. Revelations 12:7-12
Before now, these spirit creatures were kept away from the presence of the most high so they knew nothing about their future more than a time when they will be arrested! Matthew 8:29
That is why they kept following Christians{from a distance} to know what and when their arrest will be! 1Peter 1:12
But after they've been driven out of heaven, they've become much more violent than ever! That's why they're causing a lot of troubles everywhere to frustrate humans and to turn everyone of us away from God!
In some countries, they noticed that their places is well designed so they cause earthquakes! Luke 21:11
In some places, they noticed that they love religion so they possessed many religious fanatics and turned them to terrorists! Matthew 24:10
In some places, they noticed that they're not fanatical about religion so the cause ACCIDENTS!
So only TRUE Christians who endured all these to the end will be saved! Matthew 24:13 compared to Luke 21:19
Therefore how can one endure seeing all these evil?
How are we going to remain spotless without joining in doing evil due to anxieties of life?
Well each of us must join the one and only TRUE Christian group where we will be encouraged to love and fine works! Hebrew 10:24-25
God bless you!
Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by LordReed(m): 8:38am On Jun 03, 2019
Image123:

Do you write in tongues, this needs some interpretation.Again the clarion call, make sense.

Again go acquire sense since you are too dull.
Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by Image123(m): 8:51am On Jun 03, 2019
LordReed:

Again go acquire sense since you are too dull.

Typical. Even if i typed a dot, you'll still come up with something senseless to reply. Take your usual place, last.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by LordReed(m): 9:04am On Jun 03, 2019
Image123:

Typical. Even if i typed a dot, you'll still come up with something senseless to reply. Take your usual place, last.

If you typed a dot it will be because you are too dim witted and you need to express it. Keep expressing how dim witted you are it's a lot of fun.
Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 03, 2019
Image123:

If someone speaks or typed what is well arranged and consistently quoting the Bible {the book you claim to believe in} to point out why he believes what he's typing, you'll say 'this is robotic and copied from somewhere' undecided
Now you're dealing with someone who don't give a damn about any book for guidance, yet you still went ahead saying 'he'll come up with something senseless' undecided
For a certainly Jehovah have a reason for everything!
If you condemn the concept of people from different races and cultures all united as a happy global family having one single line thought{Jehovah's Witnesses}
And yet you're still condemning the concept of people who are totally independent in thought {Atheists} what else do you expect God to do to prove he is God? Romans 1:18-20 cheesy
Today you have judged yourself, Mr Image123! John 8:24
Re: Is It Safe To Say That There Is A Person Responsible For Every Accident? by glowingflame7: 11:43pm On Jun 03, 2019
Thanks once again everyone. You people should not fight or cause accident here oh wink wink

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis Officially Approves Change To The Lord's Prayer / Yahusha / Can Prayer Save Us From Corona Virus? Hard Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.