Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? (3817 Views)

Kunle Olawunmi Wanted By Defence Intelligence Agency Over Channels TV Interview / Buhari Appoints Samuel Adebayo As Chief Of Defence Intelligence Agency / Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by tsdarkside(m): 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
rafindo:
A secret agency that use quota system is that one secret again.

i still believe if you fund them more,they would function well....

you cant believe how much america fund their secret service....

i dont think nigeria can afford that kind of annual fundin....

not even russia and china put toghether can surpass american fundin....

una think that their pentagon in washington is tourist attraction or what....??
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by Rogersmith(m): 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
Oga Lalasticlala This is a front page material

1 Like

Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by Generalwoodz(m): 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
Secret agent? Capital NO
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by tsdarkside(m): 2:43pm On Jun 02, 2019
Generalwoodz:
Secret agent? Capital NO

why do you think that....??

1 Like

Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by tsdarkside(m): 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2019
secret service is not suppose to show you their identity....

in case una didnt noticed,if you watched that video where cownunus house was raided after military left,those were secret agents....

they dont have any particular uniform....

3 Likes

Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by tsdarkside(m): 2:48pm On Jun 02, 2019
nigeria is not that weak as ipob would love to convince you....

you people didnt asked una selfs how cownunu could be located so quick in a hotel with a prostitute....

that animal started loosin credibility already with that incident back then....

this secret people know how to punch you silently....

1 Like

Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by ritababe(f): 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2019
They are called secret service, if you get to know them that means they are no longer secret na, lolz.

3 Likes

Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by Asquare84(m): 4:21pm On Jun 02, 2019
Donpoker9:

How do they recruit? Pls give me the link

They were collecting c.v and document last two weeks in Abuja although it was advertised codedly
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by GreenArrow2: 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
We have o. Even the DSS has their undercover agents just like the FBI does. A lot of the secret work is done in, yes, SECRET so you'll never get to know.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by dadebayo1(m): 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2019
grin
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 02, 2019
atakamus:
Yeah we have but they lack professionalism. Remember in 2006 when we were in NYSC camp in Bayelsa. I never knew that one of my friend is camp them was an under cover agent registered as a corp member.
He stayed in our Hall, wore corpers clothes and did all corpers were doing. One evening, he had disagreement with a soldier. The soldier slapped him, we were angry at the soldier and tongue lashed him. He told me in confidence that the soldier must apologise. I smiled it off. The next day I saw the same soldier apologising and begging him. I asked him what he did for that to happen, he just smiled and said he reported him to the camp commandant. I was confused. All these things were happening during the high point of militancy in the Nigeria Delta area.
After the camp, we all left. I saw him again in one government occasion in Yenagoa. He was wearing black suit with big automatic gun concealed in his suit. We were all in our NYCS uniform. He was in the midst of DSS guys all dress in black suits and armed. I approached him and he smiled and told me he was undercover in NYSC camp all through our camp period. That was when I remembered the incident of the soldier.
Oya coman continue this tactical espionage novel na! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2019
All our intelligence agencies know how to do is spy on the opposition and sustain whoever is in power
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2019
Lmao a lot of people are lame and naive in this country grin
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by Donpoker9(m): 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
Asquare84:

They were collecting c.v and document last two weeks in Abuja although it was advertised codedly

Do you know how I can go about this?
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by babyfaceafrica: 6:02pm On Jun 02, 2019
why won't we have?
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by bukatyne(f): 6:03pm On Jun 02, 2019
NIA
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
Asquare84:
NIA is currently recruiting new staff
How can one apply? Is it same with Defence Intelligence agency?
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by Horus(m): 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
National Intelligence Agency (Nigeria)

The role and functions of the NIA are roughly equivalent to those of the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the United Kingdom's Secret Intelligence Service (the SIS or MI6), the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), the Australian Secret Intelligence Service (ASIS), the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service (Sluzhba Vneshney Razvedki) (SVR), the Indian Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), the Pakistani Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), the French foreign intelligence service Direction Générale de la Sécurité Extérieure (DGSE) and Israel's Mossad. Staff of NIA are regarded to be highly skilled, intelligent and very discreet in their operations. According to intelligence writer, Valentine Tobechukwu Achum, NIA has a manifest (albeit covert) role of preserving Nigeria’s eminence, pride and dignity through repossessing and intercepting secret information that is capable of imperilling Nigeria's National Interest and breaching its National Security.

Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by tsdarkside(m): 7:11pm On Jun 02, 2019
Kingzy4pep:
How can one apply? Is it same with Defence Intelligence agency?

i dont think you can get in just like that like in police force....

somebody has to recommened you....
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2019
tsdarkside:

i dont think you can get in just like that like in police force....

somebody has to recommened you....
It's not like I don't know know it will be based on recommendation basis, I know. Just that I wanted to try my luck again. Even the police force is not easy still. Every federal agency and department is just so tough even for contract too
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by tsdarkside(m): 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
Kingzy4pep:
It's not like I don't know know it will be based on recommendation basis, I know. Just that I wanted to try my luck again. Even the police force is not easy still. Every federal agency and department is just so tough even for contract too

its all over the world like that....i dont think its because of tribalism necesserily in nigeria....

na this federal agencies make the rules who to pick....i dont think you can influence that....
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by 4ckyou: 8:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
ritababe:
They are called secret service, if you get to know them that means they are no longer secret na, lolz.

Mossad CIA MI6 KGB they are all secret too
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by tsdarkside(m): 8:46pm On Jun 02, 2019
4ckyou:

Mossad CIA MI6 KGB they are all secret too

but they want nigeria own to be unsecret....

this is what they are actualy demanding....

1 Like

Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by strtriumf: 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2019
It should definitely have..
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by 4ckyou: 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2019
GreenArrow2:
We have o. Even the DSS has their undercover agents just like the FBI does. A lot of the secret work is done in, yes, SECRET so you'll never get to know.

We talking about external not internal

1 Like

Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by obyback: 9:03pm On Jun 02, 2019
rafindo:
A secret agency that use quota system is that one secret again.
Biggest problem with our country
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by 4ckyou: 9:58am On Jun 05, 2019
tsdarkside:

i am always baffled how little many nigerians know about their own country....

even gambia has secret service....maybe underfunded but its still a secret service....

stop thinkin little of yourselves....

you may not have that much like western nations but you are not that weak....

And yet we still can't capture shekau
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by tsdarkside(m): 10:06am On Jun 05, 2019
4ckyou:

And yet we still can't capture shekau

start by givin them more money to operate....

you seem to dont understand how little goverment people earn in nigeria compared to people who do the same job abroad....

1 Like

Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by 4ckyou: 12:42pm On Jun 05, 2019
tsdarkside:

start by givin them more money to operate....

you seem to dont understand how little goverment people earn in nigeria compared to people who do the same job abroad....

The government release money, just that the top officials embezzle the money
Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by tsdarkside(m): 1:26pm On Jun 05, 2019
4ckyou:

The government release money, just that the top officials embezzle the money

go find out how much they earn compared to western nations....

dont think everything is only about corruption in nigeria....

1 Like

Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by gaddafe(m): 2:52pm On Jun 05, 2019
ITbomb:
We have but they are doing something else

DSS is busy running beside VIP cars, they were supposed to be like FBI, they should have been the only outfit to make arrest with sufficient evidence already gathered but apart from running beside cars, the best service they can offer is to screen prospective political appointees

As for NIA, all they do is to issue warnings

The two of them are very good in following people's posts on nairaland, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and the rest

The DSS is suppose to be like the SSS. While the NPF is the equivalent of FBI.

Just to quickly correct an impression I noticed here. Many of us don't even know the history of our country. Nigeria's intelligence gathering is robust and solid, there are historical evidence to prove this but I can't type much with the phone. We should forget about Book haram and not use it as a yardstick in measuring the intelligence capacity of the agencies.

Now let me give you all an example and a quick reminder. When the chibok girls were kidnapped the USA in collaboration with British intelligence told Nigeria govt they knew where the girls were hidden. They had a plan to gas the entire place while they bring out the girls alive and arrest Book haram if possibly. They told Nigeria govt of their plan and the next day a fighter jet flew over the area the girls were hiding they saw that the Bokoharam guys were already using gas mask.
The Big question is "WHO TOLD THEM?"
Your guess is as good as mine

1 Like

Re: Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? by thatigboman: 2:56pm On Jun 05, 2019
4ckyou:
Am just thinking, as US have CIA and UK have MI6, do Nigeria have any secret Intelligence working outside nigeria?

With the way boko haram are killing people I believe they are being sponsored outside nigeria, they are already loyal to ISIS, if we are to win the war against boko haram it is mandatory that we have secret services working outside nigeria and gathering information.
NIA.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm 19yrs Old, I'll Marry Him... What Kind Of Nonsense Is Going On In Ozubulu? / Sunday Igboho Burn Down Another Fulani Community In Yewa North Ogun State / The Ages Of Consent To Sex Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.