Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office (36887 Views)

Salami Rejects Magu’s Demand To Invite Buhari’s COS, Minister, Ends Probe / Abba Kyari: How FG Spent Millions Of Naira In Trying To Save Buhari's COS - SR / New Cabinet List: Akpabio, Aregbesola, Ambode May Get Seats, Presidency Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by Ecstasy154(m): 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
Barring last minute changes, any of the trio of Retired Col. Hameed Ali, current Comptroller General of the Nigerian Customs Service, NCS, outgone Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, or former Lagos State governor and outgone Minister of Works, Housing and Power, Babatunde Raji Fashola, will be named as substantive Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari in what is gradually emerging as part of the president’s plan to attract less controversies and rejig his cabinet for the next four years, Sunday INDEPENDENT reliably learnt early in the week.

With the presidential inauguration last week, which ushered in President Buhari into his second tenure in office, all eyes are now set on who gets appointed into his kitchen cabinet and the federal executive council made up of ministers and key appointees.

The Office of the CoS and key ministerial appointments have become subject of intense lobbying, intrigues and horse trading among friends and family members of Buhari, it was learnt. This, according to the newspaper findings, became apparent after the president made plain that he intends to effect sweeping changes in the next four years. Even more, there are those who say that Buhari might not have been impassive about the cabinet composition which appeared lopsided with the bulk of his key men coming from his geographical zone and religion.

The president, earlier in April had made a short trip out of the country to UK ostensibly on a private visit. But as exclusively reported by Sunday INDEPENDENT even before the trip was made public, President Buhari had the trip in order to consider reports on his ministers and to consider possible candidates for his second term.

According to presidency sources, Mr President came to the realisation that unless a clean sweep is made of his kitchen cabinet made up principally of his close relatives no federal cabinet can function well.

“Unknown to many, President Buhari follows up on many of those complaints made about his principal staff like Abba Kyari (chief of staff). It will be by an extremely weird circumstance that he will make it back into his cabinet,” explained a presidency source to the newspaper.

https://www.independent.ng/new-cabinet-list-fashola-hameed-adamu-jostle-for-buharis-cos-office/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by TruthNigeria(m): 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2019
Who need dz! FTC
Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by contigiency(m): 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
I will choose either Fashiola or Adamu Adamu, while Mohammed Ali should go as a defense minister.

30 Likes

Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by brodalikeme(m): 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2019
Whatever happens, performance from him and his appointees should be given top priority. We have suffered enough as a country. The last four years has not been inspiring.

13 Likes

Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by Paperwhite(m): 4:53pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hehehe! shockedgrincheesy 2 abokis against 1 Yoruba man? Based
on Buhari's bigotry, nepotism and ethnic supremacist agenda, the abokis already have it.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by coldFLARES1(m): 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2019
Can we just stop speculating already?

Serious candidates in some countries getting into presidential office for the first time name their cabinet not later than 2 weeks after they are declared winners. And here someone is trying to pass the president across as meticulous when he would still take forever to assemble yet another bunch of mediocres to govern with him.

Not that I have any lofty expectation of him.

As such, I care less!

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by Bimpe29: 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
contigiency:
I will choose either Fashiola or Adamu Adamu, while Mohammed Ali should go as a defense minister.
Well thought out.

7 Likes

Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by jabor4Naija(m): 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2019
Pick ppl dat will add positively to dis country, dats all.
Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by seunmsg(m): 6:52pm On Jun 02, 2019
I don’t know more about Adamu Adamu so, I will prefer the no nonsense Hameed Ali. He will be a far improvement to the corrupt and inept Abba Kyari. However, he may not be able to flow well with other cabinet members and heads of federal agencies.

Fashola should be returned to power, works and housing. He’s too useful to be saddled with Aso rock bureaucracy. We need him in a specific sector where he can make a huge difference.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by kettykin: 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2019
i am not an APC fan , but i suggest Buhari chooses his best perfoming Minister and makes him his COS, no need bring in more failures , what is Fashola dn Adamu Adamu doing in the list for heavens sake ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by BruncleZuma: 8:03pm On Jun 02, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by tstx(m): 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
And the jostle begins

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
coldFLARES1:
Can we just stop speculating already?

Serious candidates in some countries getting into presidential office for the first time name their cabinet not later than 2 weeks after they are declared winners. And here someone is trying to pass the president across as meticulous when he would still take forever to assemble yet another bunch of mediocres to govern with him.

Not that I have any lofty expectation of him.

As such, I care less!

It is not June 12 yet nah

1 Like

Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by Pabloosas(m): 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2019
grin
Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2019
[)
Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by ainas247: 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2019
shocked Its Fashola last, last
I know this game.

rank your business fast on Google
Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by SheikhMuniru(m): 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2019
Awon Oleee
Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
seunmsg:
I don’t know more about Adamu Adamu so, I will prefer the no nonsense Hameed Ali. He will be a far improvement to the corrupt and inept Abba Kyari. However, he may not be able to flow well with other cabinet members and heads of federal agencies.

Fashola should be returned to power, works and housing. He’s too useful to be saddled with Aso rock bureaucracy. We need him in a specific sector where he can make a huge difference.

fashola is a waste of space, all he does is speak English, he can be chief of staff because he is a failure as a minister

5 Likes

Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 02, 2019
cry Somebody should help me beg Minister of Darkness to leave Nigeria alone.

2 Likes

Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by Teewhy2: 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
Buhari might likely consider his people from the north to Fashola. He trust them more

Do you have a space (supermarket, Shops, Hospital, Restaurants, Hotel, Home & room e.t.c)and its important to keep away from dust, or isolates the noise or air conditioning? This is the perfect product for you.
The Magnetic PVC curtains fits both outdoor and indoor space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Hv7VJVEJo
Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by wallex1983(m): 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2019
Fashola for COS
Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by Gforce2019: 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2019
kettykin:
i am not an APC fan , but i suggest Buhari chooses his best perfoming Minister and makes him his COS, no need bring in more failures , what is Fashola dn Adamu Adamu doing in the list for heavens sake ?

Nigerian politics is about strategy. Fashola can damage sth for jagaban in Lagos.
Though I will score Fashola 30% for his inefficient and incompetent in the ministry he handle. E.g power .
But Fashola is a tool in the hand of Buhari (if you know what I mean)

#tinubu_forget_2023_ambition.

2 Likes

Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by Odingo1: 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2019
seunmsg:

Which huge difference,there is darkness everywhere in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by Yankee101: 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2019
If that happens then maybe there is Hope for a Buhari second term
Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by DWJOBScom(m): 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hameed Alli gets it
Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by VillagePipu: 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
Fashola would go in as Chief of Staff, Aregbe as Minister of Works.

Ali should continue as Customs boss. He's jerked up the revenue base and those corrupt wolves can't wait to destroy that place once he leaves.

5 Likes

Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by iammo(m): 8:21pm On Jun 02, 2019
shocked

Adamu Adamu is the right man he happens to be like buhari's younger brother owning to the fact that he is the emir of zauzau's son and buhari's sisters in-law as an Accountant and a Journalist, his profile fits perfectly for the job of Administrative Chief of Staff,

hameed ali is needed only for Interior or Defense Ministry or anything secuirity while Fashola deserves to face ministry of Works squarely and Ameachi needs his Transport Ministry back and perhaps with aviation.

1 Like

Re: New Cabinet List: Fashola, Hameed, Adamu Jostle For Buhari’s Cos Office by Trueigbo: 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2019
Cant we get technocrats to be ministers.must it be ministers that failed as governors.

We must go beyond using ministerial slot to settle politicians

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Tells Imolites To Vote Any Candidate Of Their Choice At The State Level / Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles / Video Of How A Bomb Killed Sgt Badang In Ungwar Sarki Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.