Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,721 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Suicide Is Not An Option :an Appeal To Student Of  LASPOTECH. BY @LASPOTECH_HYP - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Suicide Is Not An Option :an Appeal To Student Of  LASPOTECH. BY @LASPOTECH_HYP (186 Views)

ABSU Lecturer Proposes To Student In Lecture Hall On Valentine's Day / TRANSFORMATION OF Laspotech And Aocoed Into Univ And The Opportunities It Offers / ASUU To Student: “what Exactly Do You Miss? Fornication Or Education?” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suicide Is Not An Option :an Appeal To Student Of  LASPOTECH. BY @LASPOTECH_HYP by Laspotect247(m): 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2019
suicide is not an option :An appeal to student of  LASPOTECH. BY @LASPOTECH_HYPE

Notorious B. I. G said in one of his hits songs “I swear to God I want to just slit my wrists and end this bullshit and squeeze until the bed's completely Red. I'm glad I'm dead, a worthless fuckin' buddha head the stress is buildin' up, I can't control it. I swear to God I feel like death is fuckin' callin' me but nah, you wouldn't understand. Suicide's on my fuckin' mind, I wanna leave"

Depression which happens to be the cause of suicide didn't start today, it affect everyone irrespective of the complexion, marital status, financial status and so on. According to wikipedia, SUICIDE is the act of intentionally causing one's own death. Mental disorders, including depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, personality disorders, anxiety disorders, and substance abuse—including alcoholism and the use of benzodiazepines—are risk factors. Some suicides are impulsive acts due to stress, such as from financial difficulties, troubles with relationships, or bullying.

Suicide is a complex issue involving numerous factors and should not be attributed to any single cause. Not everyone who took their life was diagnosed with mental illness and not all people with  mental illness make an attempt to take their life. Suicide often stems from a deep feeling of hopelessness, the inability to see solutions to problems or to cope with challenging life circumstances may lead people to see suicide as the only option to what is really a temporary situation.

Depression is a key risk factor for suicide; others include psychiatric disorders, substance use, chronic pain, a family history of suicide, and a prior suicide attempt. Suicide is the result of actions taken to deal with intolerable mental anguish and pain, fear or despair that overwhelms an individual’s value for living and hope in life.

At the end of the tunnel, there is always light but it takes consistency and perseverance to see the light. Suicide has become a norm among the youths our community, rejection also make people depressed, but that is not enough, when you are rejected you always work on a better version of yours,Criticism leads to confusion, Confusion leads to deep thought
Deep thought leads to depression Depression leads to suicide. You have to value your life and always give it a second thought, speak up for your helper might be behind.

We all have the potential to turn a negative situation into a positive situation so why having a thought that can claim your life when all our dreams can come true. Developing courage to fight any situation is one step to fight against being depressed. Are you feeling miserable? depressed? sad or despondent, just sit back and think of the best moments you've ever had and the better things God have for you.

There are some notable people who have fought suicide and have we will be sharing the story of few and we hope it get you motivated.

In 1967, Johnny Cash was mired in a deep addiction to amphetamines and barbiturates. Abandoning all hope, the beloved country crooner drove to Nickajack Cave in Chattanooga, Tenn., where he aspired to get totally lost in the pitch blackness and die. After a few hours, however, he claims to have heard the voice of God himself telling him to hang in there; when he eventually found his way out of the caverns, he was greeted by his wife and mother, who later said they felt drawn to the site because they sensed something wasn’t quite right with the Man in Black. He would go on to record music for another three and a half decades – winning heaps of Grammys along the way – before succumbing to natural causes in 2003.

Elton John song “Somebody Saved My Life Tonight?” Well, it’s based on a true story – specifically, the time John collaborator Bernie Taupin literally yanked his head out of an oven to keep him from asphyxiating on gas. It wasn’t the only time the flamboyant frontman tried to check out of the mortal coil, though. John also tried to kill himself by downing 60 Valiums a few years later – ironically, smackdab in the middle of “Elton John Week” in Los Angeles. Now 69, the “Rocket Man” remains one of the most successful musicians on the planet, raking in an impressive $42 million in 2016 alone.

In 1996, Marshall “Eminem” Mathers was a struggling Detroit-area rapper whose debut album “Infinite” was a colossal financial flop. After his girlfriend Kim left him and he lost custody of his daughter, the dejected artist sought to end it all via a Tylenol overdose. Mathers survived the attempt and less than a year later, one of his mixtapes was discovered by rap producer extraordinaire Dr. Dre – and since then, the once-suicidal rapper has “only” gone on to sell an estimated 172 million albums worldwide.

Suicide is wrong even in the religious setting, and that is why we at laspotech hype deem it fit to write about this and make an awareness towards committing suicide which is now rampant, also with the latest tragic event that happened in our school, it is high time we all come together and speak against this devilish act.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get A Teaching Job / Correct Scores / Osun State University (uniosun) Post-utme / De Screening Form For 2019/2020 Acad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.