Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? (30563 Views)

America The Good Sides And Bad Sides You Need To Know Before You Relocate. / The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Sides Of Iyana Ipaja, Lagos, Nigeria / Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by AllenSpencer: 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2019
post=78982195:
We can't believe this is still happening in our country in the 21st century.

Please stop. You my paddy

It happens everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2019
What do u mean @op?

Burying cables underground is the safest means employed world over for power connection or any thing that has to do with wire.

Gosh!

I used to love your topics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by Depot(m): 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2019
G
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by AnthonyAk(m): 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2019
That's the standard everywhere. Where else will they put it?
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2019
AllenSpencer:

Please stop. You my paddy

It happens everywhere.
You are right sir
Modified with images!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2019
Digging should not be problem, so long as it's covered properly..........
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 03, 2019
dustydee:

Come to the UK and see them digging main road to lay cables.

I'm shocked at the topic.
Really?

1 Like

Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by kabukabu50(m): 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
You can tell the OP has never been anywhere outside of Nigeria.
In US all cable lines and fiber obtics and sewage is run underground. They fix up any roadways that is damaged.

2 Likes

Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by LamidicownuBSS: 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
barackodam:

Make we dey reason before we open mouth talk naa.

Bad roads and bad network, which one kills?

Haba. We go school naa

For ur mind now, na u wise pass, all this is part of development.

Go to Abuja, did u see any electrical cable outside? people are been electrocuted everyone just cos our are outside.
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by AllenSpencer: 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
post=78982195:
We can't believe this is still happening in our country in the 21st century.

Modify:
It happens abroad too, but we can all see the difference.
They don't leave the trash or dug road behind!
What is worth doing at all. is worth doing well!

You are right sir
Modified with images!

That's the point.

Contractors are quacks and no regulatory agency

Their is but they are being bribed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by Tbwhoy(m): 3:05pm On Jun 03, 2019
Please help a brother (me) who has been sick for the past few months complete his HND Final school fee of #6,500. Can't go out there to hustle because am too strong by God's grace.
#God bless you
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:05pm On Jun 03, 2019
AllenSpencer:

That's the point.

Contractors are quacks and no regulatory agency

Their is but they are being bribed
True.
So True chairman!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by emmykk(m): 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2019
Oweku:
op if ur phone no dey browse or e no get network now u go dey complain o..

u think say Na magic?

read news only n get paid for it..

click my signature below

Ah! How can someone reason like this?
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by bhella10: 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2019
Nigerians we complain too much.
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by BizBayo: 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2019
Kingsleydr:

Morun, you think you're funny ?

And this is how people like you get cursed from the unseen. Repeat this to me once more and your life will never be balanced again. I promise you.

Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by Aidejay(m): 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2019
In very very very advanced countries this is the practice
But trust them everything is done properly and maintained properly
Naija we just sabi how to do things jaga jagaly
In more advanced countries when u are building a road u build according to a masterplan that extends to future development
Such as laying of cables and the infrastructure is built to accommodate such needs not now that they will come and be breaking road up and down after it has been built and commissioned for use
Rubbish!
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by dondada78(m): 3:11pm On Jun 03, 2019
Make una calm down! This is an industry I work in. LASIMRA used to have oversight function but they are now weak and Ibile is in charge. During Joe Igbokwe's time, LASIMRA was extremely profitable and worked very well but things are no longer the same. We are even tired of the wahala and harassment trenching brings and have evolved to a brand new method. Only reason you can see this now is cos of Airtel who is deploying massively now.
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by gnykelly(m): 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2019
It is done everywhere in the world...
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by Dearlord(m): 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2019
Alzirida:
When we build our homes and offices according to city master plan.

In advance society, while constructing Roads, the already make provision for cables, pipes. U don't need to dig in fugture

Thank you Bro
You are a certified educated citizen
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by gnykelly(m): 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2019
dondada78:
Make una calm down! This is an industry I work in. LASIMRA used to have oversight function but they are now weak and Ibile is in charge. During Joe Igbokwe's time, LASIMRA was extremely profitable and worked very well but things are no longer the same. We are even tired of the wahala and harassment trenching brings and have evolved to a brand new method. Only reason you can see this now is cos of Airtel who is deploying massively now.

What is the essence of those cables and how does it work
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by Oweku: 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2019
emmykk:

Ah! How can someone reason like this?
it's not mend for kids..
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by AutoReportNG: 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2019
dondada78:

Is there not a law or rule on where to dig/dredge? Most times you see a newly constructed road being damage by these folks, are there compensation for this and if yes, why didn't the govt fix the road ASAP?

I only get to know about LASIMRA last year and they are not effective IMO, Ibile Holdings seem to have hijack their work cos they are in charge of Oshodi Terminus and so major Lagos owned construction
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by Gabson006: 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2019
autojosh:
See What Roads In Kano Looked Like In 1970 (Photo). To see the photo, click HERE

The ads in your site is annoying. Can't even bookmark for further visit undecided
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by Psoul(m): 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2019
They'll dig and lay their cables today, road construction companies will damage and uproot the cables tomorrow. Next day they'll come back and damage the new road in order to lay the cables again. The circle will continue like dat.
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by Jaqenhghar: 3:25pm On Jun 03, 2019
Comes down to lavk of planning. Cities already have drainage and tunnels for this
In Niggeria companies have cone to inderstand thatvthey can do as they like
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by Sabby1(m): 3:25pm On Jun 03, 2019
Those are not cable, they are rubber hoses/pipes for water. Same digging and burying happened a couple of months ago in Kaduna and I was fortunate to supervise the work thanks to Kaduna state water corporation.

Seriously, Nigeria is lagging behind and need to be revamped
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by Oweku: 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
barackodam:

Make we dey reason before we open mouth talk naa.

Bad roads and bad network, which one kills?

Haba. We go school naa

so the mast you see outside that enables you to have network in ur phone does not have cables underneath, anyway my comment us not mend for kids like you..
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by Robani: 3:29pm On Jun 03, 2019
diportivo:
that's how I saw one dolt digging at the point where NGC already put a no digging sign

if pipe breaks and explodes and kills the mumu now,we will blame buhari undecided

But, aren't there regulatory authorities to oversee or monitor these spots? Didn't they observe, or receive reports of his digging? Nigeria is awful!
Re: Digging Road-sides To Bury Cables:when Will This Old Practice End In Nigeria? by emmykk(m): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2019
Oweku:

it's not mend for kids..
not mend for kids lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? / How I Almost Got SCAMMED Via VISA AGENT... Please Read And Learn / Mob Burnt Truckload Of Salt In Onitsha After Driver Crushed Cart Pusher To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.