Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

"President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. (20810 Views)

Breaking: Tinubu Has Approved Creation Of State Police – Presidency / Demolished Buildings Not Approved By Government – Lagos / Saraki In Secret Deal With Babangida, DSS, EFCC, Police – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by seunjungle1(m): 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
Humm hummmn, I said it the other time that this must be a joke but the guys above and below me thought I didn't know or sure of I am saying.
State or local police take huge part in restructure of a country. Somebody like Buhari can never granted star police cos he does not belief in restructure. Fvck shit
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by ibietela2(m): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
martowskin1:
Funny

Believe anything u read on nairaland at ur own risk

People post on nairaland and they got the news from the news sites
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by Niccoloimhotep: 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
Gossips, everywhere you go!
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by Benjamin08: 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2019
Pls how does "first to comment " work on nairaland? Please someone should enlighten me on it
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by chudi1: 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2019
pls which are we to take

And more over people should be very careful while posting especially on an important matters
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by kikake: 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2019
naptu2:
There was a previous report that stated that President Buhari had approved the establishment of state and local government police.

See report here:

President Buhari Approves State, LG Police.
https://www.nairaland.com/5223536/buhari-approves-state-lg-police

I was surprised by the other report, because that was not my understanding of what the president said.

The Presidency has now stated the correct position.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NGRPresident/status/1135606679519866880

State police without restructuring of the present fraudulent political structure and unitary governance system is irrelevant.

NASS, not president Buhari, has powers to approve state police.

All the decades that southern Nigeria has been calling for political restructuring to fiscal federalism with State police, northern region refused.

Now bandits are taking over from north, we now hear of state police.
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by RichBoy247: 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2019
Bigflamie:
Useless and lifeless man

Bring out and show us your father that is not a useless and lifeless man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by klas(m): 7:47pm On Jun 03, 2019
kikake:

State police without restructuring of the present fraudulent political structure and unitary governance system is irrelevant.

NASS, not president Buhari, has powers to approve state police.

All the decades that southern Nigeria has been calling for political restructuring to fiscal federalism with State police, northern region refused.

Now bandits are taking over from north, we now hear of state police.

ozoigbondu:
The president does not have the power to create state police it must be approved by the national assembly and knowing them it will take years for it to be approved

S 214 (1) of 1999 Const states: "There shall be a police force for Nigeria, which shall be known as the NPF, and subject to the provisions of this section no other police force shall be established for the Federation or any part thereof."

This is why the NA matters a lot and why saharareporters are liars

It is not only National Assembly matter. The constitution has to be amended which means at least 24 states house of assembly must also consent before it goes for presidential assent.

1 Like

Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by Bighead9: 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
Bigflamie:
Useless and lifeless man

Na heart attack you dey invite so. Cause President Buhari will rule over you for the next four years. Either you like it or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by dapadawee: 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2019
I swear no be state policing be the solution to Nigeria insecurity problem. believe me the arm state government have done to this nation is far more than what all the president put together have done. imaging people like wike, amechi,tinubu have control over the police
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by Balyz: 8:14pm On Jun 03, 2019
ozoigbondu:
The president does not have the power to create state police it must be approved by the national assembly and knowing them it will take years for it to be approved

S 214 (1) of 1999 Const states: "There shall be a police force for Nigeria, which shall be known as the NPF, and subject to the provisions of this section no other police force shall be established for the Federation or any part thereof."

Honestly I wonder how some ignorant people can think that the president has the power to unilaterally ammend a section of the Constitution without following due process. It just goes to show how ignorant of the law most Nigerian youth are. Thank God you are far from being in that category by posting the section of the consideration that forbids him from doing so
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by RemiTinubu(f): 8:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
[s]
Balyz:
Honestly I wonder how some ignorant people can think that the president has the power to unilaterally ammend a section of the Constitution without following due process. It just goes to show how ignorant of the law most Nigerian youth are. Thank God you are far from being in that category by posting the section of the consideration that forbids him from doing so
[/s]
claptrap and stupid trash
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by Billy0naire(m): 8:21pm On Jun 03, 2019
Looks like the Ancestor did not read what he signed.

Now this is damage control.

May be he thought he was signing money for herdsmen.
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2019
Bigflamie:
Useless and lifeless man
You don't really have elders/parents to show some respect at home.
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by seborrhic: 9:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
ozoigbondu:

Sowore has refused to upgrade his blackmailing outfit one bit.Sahara reporters is now a glorified blog.Finances have dried up because it's sponsors having acquired power no longer feed it with half truths to blackmail people.
It thus now feeds on scraps which is why it can't properly analyze a report and do any proper background check or verify it because it doesn't have any proper journalist to do so.

1 Like

Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by planetx: 9:18pm On Jun 03, 2019
I knew it was bs and said so on the earlier thread. The level of ignorance on this forum is alarming with the way they believe the initial story.
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 03, 2019
Just when I was about to applaud Buhari e no come happen
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by mrnigerdelta: 9:22pm On Jun 03, 2019
this is not a government
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by mbhs139(m): 9:42pm On Jun 03, 2019
Paperwhite:
Government of back and forth.

I have always said it will continue to say it, that the number of riffraffs we have on Nigeria's Social Media space, in suit and tie, and majority with a Degree, is more than you can ever imagine we have in all the motor parks and garages in Nigeria.

If you have brain, and if not that hatred will soon send you to where you don't like, didn't you see a snapshot of the fake news by Sahara Reporters?

1 Like

Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by Dfinex(f): 9:55pm On Jun 03, 2019
Johnnyessence:
nairaland moderators should please be verifying their news before moving it to front-page. at least verify it for 15 to 30 minutes.

News that even radio stations could not verify..
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by Johnnyessence(m): 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2019
Dfinex:

News that even radio stations could not verify..
yes, Infact it was Sahara reporters that started spreading their lies and propaganda about it.
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by Comradewale: 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2019
The fundamental solution to the security issues in Nigeria is the overhaul of the security architecture such as the decentralization of security to the other tiers of government like States as against being the exclusive control of the federal government. I want to make a suggestion that Federal government should scrap SARS and in its place establish State police that is the only way to address internal security issues in Nigeria.
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by Henryt78: 10:58pm On Jun 03, 2019
Mr President we don't mature enough in Nigeria to have state police except u want it be using them to terrorist ur opposition party cos former governor in osun state introduce state boys which was use to terrorist opponent party during his regime so we don't need state,Lg police in Nigeria
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by Henryt78: 11:04pm On Jun 03, 2019
We don't need state,Lg police in Nigeria cos we haven't mature for that unless u wanna use state,Lg police to terrorist opposition part cos governor Aregbe as use state boys during his regime and state boy are use to terrorist opposition part then
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by Franking: 11:18pm On Jun 03, 2019
Three months is too much na.A month max should be okay na, eh, baba go slow.
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by NkayStory(f): 11:30pm On Jun 03, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
Tell me why he would approve something that will annihilate Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen..

He can't do such a thing

I didnt believe the initial news when it broke out...and i was correct.

No way in hell will the terrorists in Aso-rock approve the creation of State police..not in this life.
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by TruthinAction: 12:47am On Jun 04, 2019
The state's legislatures should empower their governor to set up armed vigilantes groups if they want to frustrate the creation of state police.
Re: "President Buhari Has Not Approved State Police" - Presidency. by arrestdarrester: 1:13am On Jun 04, 2019
Does it mean FFK was right about this taqqiya deception thingy? Let's keep tabs on this one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kpofire: RVSG Shuts Down Illegal Refinery. Arrests Policemen & NSCDC Officials / Mele Kyari: ₦‎170/Litre Fuel Price Is Impossible / What Exactly Is Rochas Doing In Imo State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.