Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,020 members, 7,803,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge (22948 Views)

Security Guard Butchers Former Boss To Death For Taking Him To Court In Rivers / Babagana Abba Dalori: EFCC Arraigns Galaxy Boss On Fresh N95m Fraud Charge / Court Discharges, Acquits Rasheed Ladoja Of N4.7bn Fraud Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by owisdom58: 7:43pm On Jun 03, 2019
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has arraigned the registered trustee of Micheno Multi-purpose Cooperative Society, Mr. Uno Michael Eke before Justice Simon Amobeda of the Federal High Court, sitting in Calabar, Cross River State, on a separate 74-count charge, for allegedly obtaining over N320million by false pretence from innocent Nigerians.

Eke allegedly defrauded his victims through an alleged ponzi scheme by inducing his victims to invest in his Swissgolden packages, through his company, Micheno Multi-purpose Cooperative Society, under the false pretence of paying them 80 per cent return on investment within just 40 days.

Eke was said to have duped so many people through the scheme, and when his investors started calling for their capitals and expected interest, he made himself unreachable, both by telephone and in person.

One of the charges against him reads: “That you, Uno Michael Eke (being the president/chief executive officer of Micheno Multi-purpose Cooperative Society) and registered trustees of Micheno Multi-purpose Cooperative Society (MMCS) on or about the 12th day of July, 2018 in Calabar within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, with intent to defraud, did obtain the sum of N47,000,000 from one Briggs Nimi Osim by inducing her to invest same into your Swissgolden packages through your Micheno Multi-purpose Cooperative Society Ltd, under the false pretence of paying her 80% as return on investment on her principal sum on the fortieth day of her investment, which pretence you knew to be false and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 1 (1) (a) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act, 2006 and punishable under Section 1 (3) of the same Act”.

He pleaded not guilty on all charges.

In view of his not guilty plea, the prosecution counsel, T. N. Ndifon, prayed the court for a trial date and for the accused person to be remanded in prison custody.

The defendant was remanded in prison custody, while the matter was adjourned to June 13, 2019, for the hearing of the bail application.

Eke had previously been arraigned by the Commission on two separate charges of alleged fraud of N200 million and N301.2 million, respectively.
https://thickmatch.com/ponzi-scheme-micheno-boss-remain-prison-n320m-fraud-charge/

3 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by TechCapon(m): 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2019
How people still fall into this ponzi scam never cease to amaze me. I thought Nigerians would learn after mmm.

44 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by bellachibaby(f): 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2019
joj
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by BruncleZuma: 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2019
grin grin grin grin

If religious leaders can afford the luxuries of life without working, why can't con men...?

After all they are all feeding from the same types of sheeps.

[img]https://i./3Ntlb.gif[/img]

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by Clean2016: 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2019
Idiots
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by Afobear: 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2019
Loom people , howfar ?

17 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by lexy2014: 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2019
He was feeling like a sharp guy when he was defrauding people

3 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by Guapismo: 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2019
Nigerians will not hear word,
That's how my guys doing all these stuffs will not let me hear word, they are always saying this one is better than the other ones

3 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by Clean2016: 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2019
Idiots. Thief jam 419
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by Afobear: 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2019
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

If pastors can't afford private jets why can't con men...?

BruncleZuma !!!! I don miss your Memes die !!! Colubi bring am back abeg

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by Guapismo: 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2019
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

If pastors can't afford private jets why can't con men...?
So you are encouraging con men abi?
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by StrikeBack(m): 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2019
See money chai

Someone should kindly behead him because he'lll be released soon
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by Junkie1: 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2019
LET'S BE REAL GREED IS WHAT MAKES PEOPLE FALL VICTIM TO FRAUDSTERS SMH THEIR OFFERS ARE ALWAYS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by landmark86: 7:54pm On Jun 03, 2019
If you no sum Nigerians mumu#neva#do let me see ur hands up

7 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by influenz: 7:55pm On Jun 03, 2019
I am a victim of Micheno. May he rot in jail

2 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by Inzufficient: 7:56pm On Jun 03, 2019
[ote]
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:56pm On Jun 03, 2019
Mumu and Gullible people will always pay.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by CyberEBOLA(m): 8:02pm On Jun 03, 2019
99% OF NIGERIANS ARE SCAMMERS. Directly or indirectly.

3 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by Goalnaldo(m): 8:02pm On Jun 03, 2019
Na wao you get 47m you wan multiply shocked

4 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by Acidosis(m): 8:11pm On Jun 03, 2019
How can someone register a cooperative society and then goes about promising you heaven and earth. It takes a knowledge bankrupt soul to fall for this evil. There's absolutely no correlation between cooperative and Ponzi. The former don't give free money, just loans and nothing more.

These ones in Lagos will tell you to pay N2000 and get N5 million naira to run your business. grin There is one particular centre in Ogba, they've been expecting money from World Bank for at least 2 years grin grin grin Their members are as well waiting for 5 million start up fund after paying N1500 to a cooperative account at FCMB. grin How can World Bank ignore CBN, BOI, BOA, and other merchant banks for an unregistered cooperative society with no bye laws, somewhere in Ogba?

To get a loan as high as N5m in any cooperative society, you MUST have a very significant savings running in millions or hundreds of thousands, and you must have been a very trusted and longstanding member. And nope! They don't give free money, but loans that are repayable with INTEREST. There is no FREE money anywhere in Nigeria.

Without proper education, Nigerians will continue to suffer.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by Tomoyayi(m): 8:11pm On Jun 03, 2019
Monkey business....
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by Pebcak: 8:11pm On Jun 03, 2019
When they talk about yahoo boys, consider their victims like MMM victims maybe that will sink
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by dorox(m): 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2019
influenz:
I am a victim of Micheno. May he rot in jail

I am curious to know what convinced you to invest in the ponzi scheme in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by BrainSanitizer: 8:20pm On Jun 03, 2019
dorox:

I am curious to know what convinced you to invest in the ponzi scheme in the first place.
Me too. After the era of mmm, I wonder why people still fall for these get-rich-quick scam. I guess it's greed? Or stupidity? Or laziness?
But how can someone with #47 m be that stupid?
Sometimes I can't help but think that some African scientific methods are involved.

2 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by Pavore9: 8:20pm On Jun 03, 2019
I don't feel for those he scammed because if any ponzi scheme pops up tomorrow, some Nigerians will put in their money in it.
Re: Ponzi Scheme: Micheno Boss To Remain In Prison Over N320m Fraud Charge by LibertyRep: 8:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
Government agencies should not wait till the damage has been done before moving against these fraudsters.

The proliferation of various Ponzi schemes after MMM has entered the alarming stage. Heck, they even advertise on radio

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mob Sets Young Man Ablaze For Allegedly Stealing Android Phone In Calabar / Custom Seizes 498 Cartons Of Codeine Syrup Worth N199.2 Million (photo) / Customs Officer Commits Suicide In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.