₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,294,959 members, 5,041,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2019 at 01:59 AM

On Weekend Vacation: Badagry, Lagos - Travel Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Ads / On Weekend Vacation: Badagry, Lagos (121 Views)

Explore Badagry This Easter Vacation With ATG Adventures / A Trip To Badagry On Easter Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Weekend Vacation: Badagry, Lagos by 9xplorer: 9:45pm On Jun 03
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience” — Eleanor Roosevelt
My first experience of the historical town, Badagry in Lagos opened my eyes to the numerous natural, historical and cultural resources Nigeria is blessed with. Badagry is a small coastal town located between Lagos and Seme Border, Benin Republic. I visited Badagry on a typical weekend, that day its beaches and attraction sites have several visitors and the atmosphere was just perfect for the weekend I had planned out in my head.
I was a solo traveller and being an introvert I had so much difficulty leaving my comfort zone. But my desire to experience life and my thirst for knowledge overshadowed my fear. I left Ibadan by 6 am and go to Badagry, Lagos by 1 pm. The first attraction I visited was the Badagry Heritage Museum, which is located at Boekoh Quarters along Lander Road. At this museum, I learnt about the slave trade history which took place in Badagry around the 19th century. It was amazing to see the comprehensive collection of slave trade history and relics. The experience I likened to travel back in time into the slave era. I continued my tour by visiting the Chief Seriki Abass Slave Museum, Brazilian Slave Barracoon and Mobee Family Museum where I learnt more about the history of Badagry Slave Trade. The Slave Barracoon served as a prison where slaves were kept before they were sold and then taken to the slave ships and shipped from Badagry. The last attraction I visited was the “point of no return” hearing the history behind this attraction really got me sad. I couldn't just imagine how it felt leaving the ones you love with no hope of returning to them. How could I forget the picturesque beaches Badagry is blessed with? Badagry have several beaches that are just the perfect place to relax, escape the stress of life, boredom and catch fun. My Badagry experience was much fun and I look forward to experiencing Badagry again. This July I would be exploring Badagry with 9xplorer Tourism Link. To experience fun, beach and adventure in Badagry, Lagos, join other explorers on this platform http:///9bf2019

Re: On Weekend Vacation: Badagry, Lagos by Ejika48: 9:46pm On Jun 03
Ooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: On Weekend Vacation: Badagry, Lagos by 9xplorer: 9:54pm On Jun 03
Ejika48:
Ooooooooooo
Interested in exploring Badagry??
Re: On Weekend Vacation: Badagry, Lagos by 9xplorer: 7:56am On Jun 14
"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience"

Re: On Weekend Vacation: Badagry, Lagos by 9xplorer: 7:58am On Jun 14
Tour Highlights:
* Comfortable transport
* Accommodation
* Meals, drinks and refreshments
* Explore Badagry
• Badagry nightlife
• Point of no return
• First storey building in Nigeria
• Lord Lugard’s house
• Badagry slave barracoon
* Beach party
* Boating
* Games and lot more

(1) (Reply)

Regarding Chinese Food, Maybe It Is Helpful When Travelling In China / Abuja Services / Urgent Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.