Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki (26006 Views)

Court Stops NBC From Shutting Down AIT, Silverbird, 51 Other Stations / Breaking: Nbc Shut Down Ait, Ray Power Fm / Just In: NBC Shuts Down AIT, Ray Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by Ikeboboafri: 3:00am On Jun 04, 2019
The National Broadcasting Corporation, has threatened to shutdown AIT's Kakaaki which according to them has passed off some treasonable rhetoric. 

According to NBC, AIT's Kakaaki which they threatened to shut down lacks editorial responsibility in using content from social media. The threat has however been interpreted as a move against free press. Here is the letter below; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/06/04/nbc-threatens-to-shut-down-aits-kakaaki-nigerians-react/

4 Likes

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by Ikeboboafri: 3:26am On Jun 04, 2019

3 Likes

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by Ikeboboafri: 3:28am On Jun 04, 2019
shocked shocked shocked sad sad
Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by MetaPhysical: 3:46am On Jun 04, 2019
Here is my recommendation to AIT...

NBC is regulator of narrow-band radio waves broadcast - such as tv, radio and short-band radio transmissions. On the other hand, NCC is the regulartor of broadband radiowave and internet communications. Actually, NCC only regulate operation, they cannot reguate content over internet. So kakaaki's broadcast should go over broadband ...or at best take it to internet and broadcast as multimedia.

Internet multimedia exchanges have very minimum to zero regulation. The reason places like Nairaland and whatsapp can exist and operate freely is because their contents is within a zero-jurisdiction platform. Internet is open-sourced,no one owns it and no country have mandate on the contents. Kakkaki should work around NBC.

94 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by Nobody: 3:58am On Jun 04, 2019
Lie Mohammed won turn all the media houses to BMC abi?No be everybody wants una brown envelope na

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by IamPatriotic(m): 4:04am On Jun 04, 2019
NBC is waking up late, at times I wondered if there're no editorial or regulatory body look like what those low budget journalists broadcast on AIT. They're openly biased and unprofessional. Apart from kakaaki social, NBC should also warm DAAR communication about Political platform, that old spinster Uju Ejeh is too petty and biased, to be on radio in a cosmopolitan city like Abuja, they should transfer her to their Enugu or Onitsha station

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by Ijawdefender: 4:38am On Jun 04, 2019
Ait used to be an international station until they became partisan prior to 2015. All those i know that bought shares 4rm them hasn't received dividend till date. Dokpesi left media that he is a mogul and went into politics,the nonsense they do on air is what you get.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by FearGodinall: 4:40am On Jun 04, 2019
Everything that has a begining must surely have an end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by cyberguy72(m): 5:19am On Jun 04, 2019
IamPatriotic:
NBC is waking up late, at times I wondered if there're no editorial or regulatory body look like what those low budget journalists broadcast on AIT. They're openly biased and unprofessional. Apart from kakaaki social, NBC should also warm DAAR communication about Political platform, that old spinster Uju Ejeh is too petty and biased, to be on radio in a cosmopolitan city like Abuja, they should transfer her to their Enugu or Onitsha station
Zombie hw are u

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by Bighead9: 5:27am On Jun 04, 2019
IamPatriotic:

You are truly a Patriot. That Political platform is where they use to vent their frustration and anger openly. It used to be my favorite program on Radio, but I've since seized to watch the program. I can't stand their biased analysis.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by Nairalandmentor(m): 6:09am On Jun 04, 2019
shocked
Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by princeade86(m): 6:10am On Jun 04, 2019
Who is watching AIT again sef

16 Likes

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by iammo(m): 6:10am On Jun 04, 2019
wink

irresponsible AIT and their PDP shenanigan, if it were to be PDP government like Obasanjo's own that AIT are trying this B.S with, Obasanjo wouldnt have wasted anytime in wiping out thier CEO like he allegedly exterminated zaki biam people of middlebelt , Odi people of bayelsa and The leader of non violent Boko haram mohammed yusuf or Chief Bola Ige

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by blindjustice13(m): 6:11am On Jun 04, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Here is my recommendation to AIT...

NBC is regulator of narrow-band radio waves broadcast - such as tv, radio and short-band radio transmissions. On the other hand, NCC is the regulartor of broadband radiowave and internet communications. Actually, NCC only regulate operation, they cannot reguate content over internet. So kakaaki's broadcast should go over broadband ...or at best take it to internet and broadcast as multimedia.

Internet multimedia exchanges have very minimum to zero regulation. The reason places like Nairaland and whatsapp can exist and operate freely is because their contents is within a zero-jurisdiction platform. Internet is open-sourced,no one owns it and no country have mandate on the contents. Kakkaki should work around NBC.
I hope they see this recommendation and do the needful.

5 Likes

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 6:13am On Jun 04, 2019
Govt of vendetta. There days are numbered and with the way they are going, APC as a political party has few time to exist in the Nigerian political terrain.

Useless govt

18 Likes

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by 400billionman: 6:15am On Jun 04, 2019
grin Government of the People ??

1 Like

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 04, 2019
Okay ... Waiting for comments as usual
Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 04, 2019
because its PDP affliated lol

4 Likes

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by herakles: 6:17am On Jun 04, 2019
Well... AIT should be mindful of the content on their platform.

7 Likes

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by newproject(m): 6:17am On Jun 04, 2019
cool Nigeria my country
Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by anochuko01(m): 6:17am On Jun 04, 2019
Bighead9:

You are truly a Patriot. That Political platform is where they use to vent their frustration and anger openly. It used to be my favorite program on Radio, but I've since seized to watch the program. I can't stand their biased analysis.
You dey WATCH political platform. wehdone sir

13 Likes

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by jamezman(m): 6:19am On Jun 04, 2019
IamPatriotic:

Because the truth is been said they are now biased but when its Tvc,Channels or NTA doing the onesided media outreach its called patriotism.....

Zombies will never seize to amaze humanity....

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by bhella10: 6:21am On Jun 04, 2019
Shut it down already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by drlateef: 6:26am On Jun 04, 2019
AIT has probably lost it's glory.
Rain Soul has regained it's glory. Check it out:

www.myrainlife.com/toxtethrainshop.
Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by oriewanbe: 6:27am On Jun 04, 2019
They think they are Nairaland that everybody just post whatever and its published. The letter is well written and there should be no excuse if this repeats itself.

2 Likes

Re: NBC Threatens To Shut Down Ait's Kakaaki by ikorodureporta: 6:28am On Jun 04, 2019
princeade86:
Who is watching AIT again sef
U don't watch Moneyline with Nancy??

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Election Must Hold In Anambra" - Asari Dokubo Counters IPOB Order / IGP: Anambra Election Must Hold, Those Who Attacked Odili’s Home In Our Net / Ekiti Court Sentences Abdulsalam Adinoyi, Boko Haram Member To Death By Hanging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.