Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values (4137 Views)

After $1bn Drop, Nigeria May Suffer Further Decline In FX Inflows – PWC / World Bank Revises Downward Global Economic Growth To 2.9% / Get Miraculous Growth To Your Business Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by Onyemadonald(m): 4:30am On Jun 04, 2019
Report by Pricewater house Coopers (PwC), a leading financial advisory organisation, has indentified economic environment, corruption and regulation as the top challenges affecting the performances of family businesses in Nigeria. The study, however, says many of the businesses are weathering the storm owing to strong business values cultivated over the years,

The report titled PwC’s 2018 Family Business Survey was unveiled at an event attended by top business executives and regulators in Lagos on Thursday.

PwC, in the report, has urged family businesses to maximise the competitive advantage that comes from their strong values-led culture.

The survey is a global market study among key decision makers in family businesses within a number of PwC’s key territories with a view to understanding family business executives’ thoughts on key contemporary issues.

Themed ‘building a lasting competitive advantage through your values and purpose in a digital age’, this year’s edition says family business leaders reported robust performances last year, with growth hitting its highest level since 2007.

According to the well-researched document, growth among Nigerian family businesses in the year reviewed was lower than the global average. It shows that 53 per cent of the operators reported growth as against the 69 per cent global average.

However, 87 per cent of the respondents, according to the survey, expect to grow in the next two years, with 40 per cent saying that “growth will be quick and aggressive”.

A statement by the firm says: “The top three challenges cited by Nigerian family businesses as militating against the personal and business goals are economic environment (70 per cent), corruption (67 per cent) and regulation (57 per cent). Corruption, which PwC estimates could cost up to 37 per cent of Nigeria’s GDP by 2030 if unchecked, is associated with lower investment, higher prices as well as (causing) barriers of entry for businesses.

READ: https://www.trendingaccounting.com/2019/06/pwc-report-links-family-business-growth.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by EXLOVER(m): 6:16am On Jun 04, 2019
Nairaland mods will just push topic to front page without even brushing their month.

my first ever FTC, I'm dedicating it the girl that broke� my heart� yesterday, the heartbreak kept me awake up till now.

I just need a hug right now.

5 Likes

Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by newproject(m): 6:18am On Jun 04, 2019
I see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by Mrvirus6(m): 6:19am On Jun 04, 2019
wow
Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by herakles: 6:19am On Jun 04, 2019
what do they mean by "family business"? How many did they sample? How did they arrive at the "positive" results? I don't trust this article
Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by zinaunreal(m): 6:20am On Jun 04, 2019
This kyn early morning...
How does value help me acquire morning food?
Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by OboOlora(f): 6:22am On Jun 04, 2019
EXLOVER:
Nairaland mods will just push topic to front page without even brushing their month.

my first ever FTC, I'm dedicating it the girl that broke� my heart� yesterday, the heartbreak kept me awake up till now.

I tire o baba, especially after having snake pepper soup as dinner a day before

Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by EXLOVER(m): 6:23am On Jun 04, 2019
Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by qanda: 6:25am On Jun 04, 2019
Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by Welrez(m): 6:27am On Jun 04, 2019
In this case, research only confirmed what people already know
Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by blindjustice13(m): 6:35am On Jun 04, 2019
They will just pull out statistics from nowhere.
Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by kelvxyn: 7:03am On Jun 04, 2019
Issokay
Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by GreyBlood: 7:12am On Jun 04, 2019

Themed ‘building a lasting competitive advantage through your values and purpose in a digital age’, this year’s edition says family business leaders reported robust performances last year, with growth hitting its highest level since 2007.

According to the well-researched document, growth among Nigerian family businesses in the year reviewed was lower than the global average. It shows that 53 per cent of the operators reported growth as against the 69 per cent global average.
I'm confused here, two contrasting paragraph.
Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by mimilogistics: 7:21am On Jun 04, 2019
True
Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 04, 2019
Corruption, which PwC estimates could cost up to 37 per cent of Nigeria’s GDP by 2030 if unchecked, is associated with lower investment, higher prices as well as (causing) barriers of entry for businesses.

Bad signals..
Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by SHOPPERS(m): 7:34am On Jun 04, 2019
EXLOVER:

Huggi ko, wrap ni.

No go look for money.

Re: Pwc Report Links Family Business Growth To Strong Values by sowilli: 12:04pm On Jun 04, 2019
Family brands can only grow when there is no conflict of interest. Many multinational brands are family businesses... lever brothers the now unilever, Johnson and Johnson, Morgan chase, two brothers started Schlumberger and many more. Why Nigerian family brands don’t last is the conflict of interest and Na me get am mentality.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Newest Methods Of Making Profits From Mini Importation Business In Nigeria. / Paid Task: I Need People Who Can Help Me Create Facebook Account / Inflation Declines For 12th Consecutive Month To 15.13%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.