Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water (22451 Views)

Man Used Slap Threat In Turning Down A Street Beggar (Pix, Video) / Snake Inside Bottled Water Pack (Pictures) / Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by EmagNig(m): 5:57am On Jun 04, 2019
A Lagos beggar has surprised his helper after he refused to accept sachet water from him, and insisted on getting bottled water.

Facebook user identified as Martin Beck Nworah who took to the platform shared the experience he had with the Lagos beggar and then used the medium to enlighten people on having a sense of entitlement to what does not even belong to them.

His post reads ;

Two things made me snap this picture on Saturday at Obalende.
I was waiting for my partner to link up for our Lekki movement to gather interviews for Tales Of Nigerians when the guy in this picture came to stand beside me.

The woman who dropped that bowel of beverages ran around to sell to people and run back. So I kept an eye over her wares while waiting for my partner to arrive.

This guy spoke in Yoruba (I understand better Yoruba now) and was begging the woman to give him water to drink. She told him to go across the road and collect a free “pure water” in the normal sachet. But he didn’t want to go, he wanted the plastic water. So he kept nagging.

He stood there and saw the woman running around, yet he didn’t extend a hand to help her. He kept on complaining how she doesn’t want to help him. I asked him if he had any deformity or issues and he said no. I told him to go across the street and collect the pure water as the woman told him but he said no.

He looked really battered from his looks, more like a street guy. When the woman got tired of the guy standing there, she ran across the street to get the water and give it to the guy.

Clearly, from the little exchange we had there, this poor guy needed help. He wanted water. But he was a beggar with a strong sense of entitlement. I really don’t know where that came from.

Oh, after getting the water, he started asking for a drink…LOL.

But I think I understand something about being poor, because it is a background I can relate with.
Many times, we feel everybody else owes us something. We blame everyone else for our shortcomings and bad lucks because they are the witches and wizards stopping our shine. But bring a little task and they won’t do it. They will easily get tired and lazy around.

This guy is just a reflection of what our larger society is gradually becoming, where people hide behind their keypads to pass judgment and wield strong feelings of entitlement for reasons best known to them.
He could’ve elected to help this woman look after her drinks but he didn’t. He could’ve gone across the road to collect the water but he didn’t.

Well, as the son of Nebu, there are few things I can publicly complain about. Nobody owes me anything to make my life awesome. It is my responsibility and when I find kind-hearted people who support me, I am deeply grateful to the universe.

Till we get to the Promised Land, I shall be waiting for when you will pass me a glass of water and thank God for the gift of grace for the race.

https://lailasnews.com/lagos-beggar-refuses-sachet-water-insists-on-getting-bottled-water/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by daddytime(m): 6:03am On Jun 04, 2019
Ehen.....

Executhief beggar

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by Sundrus: 6:16am On Jun 04, 2019
cheesy The Nigerian mentality...large number of the populace think & act in that manner

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by SageMK: 6:22am On Jun 04, 2019
That man isn't a begger.
Beggers cannot be choosers.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by chiommy123(f): 6:33am On Jun 04, 2019
It clearly shows he is not thirsty

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by Jayslicky: 9:13am On Jun 04, 2019
This is one of the reasons people are less interested in giving, you give them something next they tell you why didn't you give them this.
He should accept what he's been given.

If wishes were horses beggars would ride, beggars are not choosers.

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by OTayobami(m): 10:24am On Jun 04, 2019
This bet9ja guy don come again after how many days wey nl rest small for her scam ads

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by Amuocha: 10:24am On Jun 04, 2019
APC Beggar

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by Bossontop(m): 10:24am On Jun 04, 2019
Lol......d beggar wan take am by force

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by Call07068190311: 10:24am On Jun 04, 2019
Lol na so person buy for me bons one day like that and I no fit finish am so instead of to trowey am I decide say I go carry am go house so on my way I see this begger i come Mercy for am based on say hungry fit de catch am so I say make I give am bons make e chop hmm you need to see how the guy take refuse my bons, shame even catch sef e come be like say na shit de inside the bons

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by Destroyerofyeeb: 10:25am On Jun 04, 2019
Lmao
Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:25am On Jun 04, 2019
Big man better.
Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by Skirmishes(m): 10:25am On Jun 04, 2019
Even a beggar has choice. Lmao
Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by Emeritus001(m): 10:26am On Jun 04, 2019
Next level things now....Everybody need upgrade.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by Kizzygentle: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2019
People take begging as a profession so there should be packaging beggars as well. The fact ur a beggar doesn't mean u should settle for less.know ur worth as a beggar and and keep ur standard.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by illiteratepmb: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2019
The beggar is already on the NEXT level mode. No time to check time angry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by Lotel: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2019
Lol this one na corporate beggar

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by Andersonjr(m): 10:26am On Jun 04, 2019
This is a proud begger with class
Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by BlueAir: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2019
I hate bullshitt. I could change my mind on giving the water if it was me

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by Offpoint1: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2019
Where's the guy that said "Begger has no choice" ?

Wake up from your grave dude, a lot is happening in 21st century.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by molybdenum0012: 10:27am On Jun 04, 2019
He is not a beggar. Beggars don't have choices.

Meanwhile

Is your child struggling with school work? Do you need a personalized in-home or online tutor to help improve your grade in school?

We are here for you. All our tutors are verified, so no issue of insecurity.

Check my signature below and book a tutor anywhere in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by Karemarealty288(m): 10:27am On Jun 04, 2019
Next Level Begging
Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by zeusdgrt(m): 10:27am On Jun 04, 2019
That's called class

grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by mazizitonene(m): 10:27am On Jun 04, 2019
He knows how much he makes a day nau......and the luxury he can now afford as a beggar....

He knows his beggarly rights....

Big man beggar....
Re: Lagos Beggar Refuses Sachet Water, Insists On Getting Bottled Water by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:29am On Jun 04, 2019
yes now..a begger now has choice in Nigeria ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Kill Your Friends (Or Enemies) On Facebook / Cow Attacks Woman On Motobike (Video) / Review Of The Lontor Rechargeable Fan And The USB Portable Fan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.