Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG (29519 Views)

Governor Soludo Appoints Solo Chukwulobelu As SSG, 2 Others / Seriake Dickson Commissions Bayelsa State International Airport / Seriake Dickson In His Farm With Faze, MC Okpeke, Ekwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by RichBoy247: 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2019
Preshy561:

Whether he is from beyelsa or Not, it shouldn't bring you this pain cos ever since Ihedioha became the governor, you bitter libtards of nl can't stop making stupid threads about the Man.

And this poster will become somebody's wife one day, that person go enter hell from earth.

1 Like

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by actrinity(m): 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2019
Preshy561:

I can't engage You, you are mannerless, uncouth, fowl and too low to engage in a constructive criticism without being emotional and going all vulgar.
You who doesn't know that Beyelsa has different tribe is talking about Nigerian ladies and bringing gender to argument thereby resorting to argumentum ad hominem. If Nigerian ladies are all you quoted, remember then that your mum was once a girl and a snake doesn't fail to breed it's kind.
Hey preshy561, are u having a comprehension issue? I've been following ur quotes with that guy, to know if u can come back to ur senses and apologies for ur misunderstanding, but no, u keep on exposing ur inability to comprehend a simple sentence. In that guy's first post, he didn't condem the gov neither did he condem the SSG. He only said how poor our journalism in this country is. The journalist supposed to add the man's little biography. I ve even googled to know how that Igbo name became a bayelsan, but I couldn't find any. But I couldn't relate Hw u read that guy's post, didn't knw if u just finished drinking soaked garri and u picked ur keyboard and started typing what ur poor mind was telling u. Learn to accept mistakes and make a change. But u keep on proving right, without knowing u're indirectly showing the world how low ur comprehension is. Work on ur ego. It doesn't cost anything to admit ur wrong and make a change afterward.
Keep on quoting the guy.

2 Likes

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Danwakae(m): 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2019
I don't know much but as an ABOKI barracks boy that has travelled many states, this may be what the reporter fails to report;

ALL IJAWS ARE ORIGINALLY FROM BAYELSA STATE...and there IJAWS in

Delta State
Imo state
Rivers State
Ondo state

And they also bear names of that particular state.

Troll: because some of the ones in BAYELSA gat no name...when u hear names like

Bedford (car manufacturer)

Total ( PETROLEUM company)

Secretariat

Mobil

Book

Whiteman(Oyinbo)

Abeg go to BAYELSA and see names yourself

Shin, ban Yi kokari ba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by luluosas(m): 3:24pm On Jun 04, 2019
He should reciprocate by appointing an Imolite to become his SSG too

1 Like

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by chibaby1985(f): 3:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 04, 2019
dokyOloye:

This is d question I keep asking ,yet empty heads like Preshy561 who are better off used to buy Benz will come and be insulting their fathers.
In Nigeria, your state of origin remains that of your ancestors regardless of where you were born or how long you lived there.
And we know Bayelsa is a homogeneous Ijaw state.
How come a core Igbo man is suddenly a Bayelsa indigene?
I just asked a question for enlightenment

This is what we Nigeirans have to solve. What makes a Bayelsan different from an Igbo man or an Igbo man different from a Yoruba man. You may say, culture but culture is made by man himself to relate to the world he is in.

Look at the United Kingdom for example, do you know we have the Nordish, the Germanic, and other tribes in Britain but they all formed to make one culture called English, English is a culture that is seen as derogatory in other cultures of Europe. But still it's just culture.

Ihedioha appointing such a man, and the Bayelsan government claiming him as his own state, is a form of patriotism to me. I do know the Bayelsan governor saw his name and didn't think otherwise but that he was born and bred in his state and his thereby a property of Bayelsa and Nigeria.

Come to think of it, do you think if Onyegucha becomes renowned in the world, he won't talk about Bayelsa, he may likely say he is from Bayelsa and an Igbo-ijaw man ( now he has made his culture) and the world would accept it. It doesn't matter what anybody think, if you like force it on him that he is Igbo, he has said who he is, A Nigeiran and an igbo-ijaw man.

Culture does not make man, man makes culture.
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Daniwak: 3:47pm On Jun 04, 2019
kingzizzy:

I'm not sure that Bayelsa is homogeneous to Ijaws. I have heard that there are about 5 tribes in Bayelsa. I even heard that there are indigenous Igbo speaking communities in Bayelsa
there is no indigenous Igbo speaking community in Bayelsa state. There are several ethnic group in Bayelsa with similarities in language, they include the Ijaw, Ogbia, Nembe/ Brass, Epie/Atissa ppl. The Nembe, Ijaw have many similarities in dialect while the Ogbia have little similarities . Though a Nembe man understand Ogbia language cuz they are close..We are brothers though some unscrupolous elements are trying to divide us..My dad is an Izon man with Igbo name..Our men of old married Igbo women alot even now .. Me an Izon man in a serious relationship with an Igbo lady

2 Likes

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Daniwak: 3:53pm On Jun 04, 2019
Agbaletu:

Izon(Ijaw), Epie, Nembe, Otueke speaks another language. They are all under the umbrella of Ijaw.
OGA Otuoke is a village in Ogbia kingdom not an ethnic group
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Daniwak: 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2019
Agbaletu:

Correct me if I am wrong, in Imo State, they all speak Igbo language and they understand one another, right? Epie person does not understand Ijaw and Ijaw person doesn't understand Nembe. I think an Epie may understand Akassa.
who told u Ijaw does not understand Nembe? U ppl like displaying crass ignorance on this forum.. Nembe, Ijaw, Kalabari,Okrika can hear each other.. They have much similarities in Language.. An Ijaw man calls God Ayiba,same with the Nembe man while the Ogbia man call God Aziba. We are all Izon ppl just that Dickson and his cohort are bringing a nonsense sentiment of core Ijaw & non core Ijaw

1 Like

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Agbaletu: 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2019
Daniwak:
OGA Otuoke is a village in Ogbia kingdom not an ethnic group
Read it again. " Otueke speaks another language" I did not say Otueke is an ethnic group.
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Agbaletu: 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2019
Daniwak:
who told u Ijaw does not understand Nembe? U ppl like displaying crass ignorance on this forum.. Nembe, Ijaw, Kalabari,Okrika can hear each other.. They have much similarities in Language.. An Ijaw man calls God Ayiba,same with the Nembe man while the Ogbia man call God Aziba. We are all Izon ppl just that Dickson and his cohort are bringing a nonsense sentiment of core Ijaw & non core Ijaw
I don't think I should dignify you with a response. The guy I was talking to clearly got me right. I have been living in Bayelsa for the past seven years and I have employees from all the LGAs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by agadez007(m): 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2019
Danwakae:
I don't know much but as an ABOKI barracks boy that has travelled many states, this may be what the reporter fails to report;

ALL IJAWS ARE ORIGINALLY FROM BAYELSA STATE...and there IJAWS in

Delta State
Imo state
Rivers State
Ondo state

And they also bear names of that particular state.

Troll: because some of the ones in BAYELSA gat no name...when u hear names like

Bedford (car manufacturer)

Total ( PETROLEUM company)

Secretariat

Mobil

Book

Whiteman(Oyinbo)

Abeg go to BAYELSA and see names yourself

Shin, ban Yi kokari ba

there are no indigenous ijaws in Imo state
pls,stop misinforming people biko

1 Like

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Moseskito(m): 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2019
dokyOloye:

Go ahead and enlighten us on the different tribes/ethnic groups there.
Don't just stop at "Bayelsa is not a total Ijaw state "
YES bayelsa is not an homogenous state we av different tribes and culture but let me say the ijaws are the most populated..let me start wit the tribe EPIE were d NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOL nd GOVERNMENT HOUSE is situated called YENAGOA(i.e STATE CAPITAL) next is the ogbia were d step aside PRESIDENT is from and also were the FEDERAL UNIVERSITY is situated next is d ...... were step aside governor is from nd also an APC state chairman
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Danwakae(m): 5:26pm On Jun 04, 2019
agadez007:
there are no indigenous ijaws in Imo state
pls,stop misinforming people biko

Go make your findings
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by agadez007(m): 6:26pm On Jun 04, 2019
Danwakae:

Go make your findings
Which town or LGA can you find ijaws in Imo state?
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Danwakae(m): 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2019
agadez007:
Which town or LGA can you find ijaws in Imo state?

Lazy Naija youth

Go make your findings I said
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Tompowersolar(m): 7:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
Good one by the Imo State Governor
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by ChristianNorth: 7:12pm On Jun 04, 2019
We are proud of you Ihedioha. Ndi Igbo gat your back, no shaking tree.
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Mbediogu(m): 7:39pm On Jun 04, 2019
Preshy561:

Whether he is from beyelsa or Not, it shouldn't bring you this pain cos ever since Ihedioha became the governor, you bitter libtards of nl can't stop making stupid threads about the Man.

You must be an Mba5 man. I am from Mba4. Better tell your brother to govern well. Imolites no longer want another Rochas.
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Tompowersolar(m): 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2019
#STOP_WASTING_MONEY_ON_FUEL.

Call us for your inverter and solar power installations for your home and office today.

Get an alternative power when Nepa goes off.

Global inverter/Solar system,
the green energy company is always at your service.

For Enquries Call:08064381903
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by KIA51(f): 8:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
Please for the records.... Bar. Uche Onyeagocha is from umuagam in Obinze which is in Imo state; quote me anywhere. Honorable which happens to be the name he is fondly called is married to aunt Nengi, from Bonny in Rivers state; he might have a good relationship with the Bayelsans, but that doesn't make him a bayelsan.

I happen to know all this because my elder brother is married to his younger sister. On this regard i urge the reporter of this info to get his facts checked.... No disrespect to the reporter tho.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by onyeopobo: 9:17pm On Jun 04, 2019
nengibo:

Even I from Rivers understand Nembe very well, what we Izon apu don't have is a central language like the Wazobia tribes, would an Igbo man from Izzi be able to communicate with an Abriba man in their dialects effectively without central Igbo?

Would an igbo man from izzi understand an abariba man in their dialects without central igbo?

Answer is yes about 40 to 50%, because what most igboic tribes are speaking is a dialect, meaning the words are mispronounced.with few slangs sprinkled around Like the english says God and americans say Gaad, and scotts say Gut. You just need to pay attention to understand. Whereas the communities that you have listed are speaking a language that is not intelligible with each other with practically different sentence structure, and lexicon that is very very far apart. Yes, you can point a few words are similar but it's dishonest to claim that the languages are intelligible.

Point again to note, the Ogba people are also indigenous to bayelsa state, they are an igbo sub -group found in rivers and imo state. They bear full igbo names.

Lastly some people from Ogbia actually have Igbo first and/or last names, although I have to state that I dont know where that SSG is from.

The reason why you can understand nembe might probably be bacause you're from Kalabari or okrika , and nembe and kalabari are intelligible languages, But I guess you dont understand Ogbia or people from Brass. So yes Bayelsa state is not homogeneously Ijaw

What is now called Ijaw is more of a political tribe and that's what Gov dickson has been saying about core and non core ijaw. Because the people who are correctly Ijaw are the people who speak Izon, and it's unfair to them if we keep using Ijaw to the point that they cant talk about their own kin without causing confusion,

It's okay to say that new Ijaw tribe is more of a political union. Now that doesnt make it any weaker, because it;s the people within saying that they are one people. I think it actually better to have a political tribe where different tribes speaking the different languages but come to together and are saying they are the same people than to a have a tribe of many communities speaking the same language wit ah dialect but always arguing that they are different people. I'm talking about the igbo tribe here. You get?

1 Like

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by actrinity(m): 11:39pm On Jun 04, 2019
Daniwak:
there is no indigenous Igbo speaking community in Bayelsa state. There are several ethnic group in Bayelsa with similarities in language, they include the Ijaw, Ogbia, Nembe/ Brass, Epie/Atissa ppl. The Nembe, Ijaw have many similarities in dialect while the Ogbia have little similarities . Though a Nembe man understand Ogbia language cuz they are close..We are brothers though some unscrupolous elements are trying to divide us..My dad is an Izon man with Igbo name..Our men of old married Igbo women alot even now .. Me an Izon man in a serious relationship with an Igbo lady
That ogbia u mentioned is/has Igbo clan.
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Daniwak: 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2019
actrinity:

That ogbia u mentioned is/has Igbo clan.
there is nothing Igboish in Ogbia kingdom..

1 Like

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by stieyven(m): 12:04am On Jun 05, 2019
dokyOloye:

This is d question I keep asking ,yet empty heads like Preshy561 who are better off used to buy Benz will come and be insulting their fathers.
In Nigeria, your state of origin remains that of your ancestors regardless of where you were born or how long you lived there.
He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by BuhariAdvocate: 3:55am On Jun 05, 2019
Sorry he thought you are zombie and yoloba Muslim.
dokyOloye:

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by nengibo: 5:49am On Jun 05, 2019
Daniwak:
Don't waste your breathe bina owei, the uche isnt from Bayelsa in Nigerian context because he isn't an indegene but a resident, his a full born Igbo man from Imo who has represented them in the state house of assembly in imo state, Dickson was just being patriotic but Ipob ppl being who they are, are using it to claim Igbo ppl are indegenous to BY
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by nengibo: 5:52am On Jun 05, 2019
KIA51:
Please for the records.... Bar. Uche Onyeagocha is from umuagam in Obinze which is in Imo state; quote me anywhere. Honorable which happens to be the name he is fondly called is married to aunt Nengi, from Bonny in Rivers state; he might have a good relationship with the Bayelsans, but that doesn't make him a bayelsan.

I happen to know all this because my elder brother is married to his younger sister. On this regard i urge the reporter of this info to get his facts checked.... No disrespect to the reporter tho.
Thanks, its funny how many Igbos don't know him given that he is former member of the state assembly

1 Like

Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by kessdivine4all: 6:42am On Jun 05, 2019
Agugbadin:
Can we know more about the Bayelsa tribes please

The Igbo, sometimes referred to as Ibo, are one of the largest single ethnic groups in Africa. Most Igbo speakers are based in southeast Nigeria, where they make up almost 17% of the population; they can also be found in significant numbers in Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea. Their language is also called Igbo. The primary Igbo states in Nigeria are Anambra, Abia, Imo, Ebonyi, and Enugu States. The Igbos also are more than 25% of the population in some Nigerian States like Delta State and Rivers State. Traces of the Igbo Culture and language could be found in Cross River, Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa States. Igbo language is predominant in such cities like Onitsha, Aba, Owerri, Enugu, Nnewi, Nsukka, Awka, Umuahia, and Asaba, among others.

http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/igbo/igbo2.htm
Re: Seriake Dickson Thanks Ihedioha For Appointing ‘Bayelsan’ As SSG by Sinistami(m): 9:51am On Jun 05, 2019
Bayelsa is not throughly a Homogenous State. If I'm from Bayelsa from Yenagoa where I've lived all my life I'm a true Yenagoa Blood although I now stay in Uyo where I school. first of all Ijaw is like a Political Umbrella forged to point a group of Ethnic groups that shares Boundaries, Ancestry, and Cultural ties some of them even linguistic. In Bayelsa they include Izon, who they have been calling Core Ijaw because they supposedly are the purest of Ijaws with no Admixture, these group still has dialectical differences within them. The other major linguistic group is the Nembe, Akassa, Brass group they occupy the eastern coast of Bayelsa state near Kalabari and Okrika in Rivers hencwthey linguistic intelligibility. the other group is Ogbia, these group speak a language close to those of Cross river state, they occupy Ogbia local government, they're v the majority but there is a small Igbo subgroup there the Ogba. the next is the Epie-Atissa of Yenagoa these two groups speak an Edoid language ridden with Ijaw Elements , Accent, pronunciation, my mom's from these group in Amarata Yenagoa. the next albeit smaller is the Zarama, where my dad is from who speak an Edoid language Still with Ijaw elements but lesser than its Epie cousins its more closer to Engenni and Degema of Rivers . then the Okodia and Buseni who speak very different Ijaw dialects which the Izon can't understand. The other groups that are not included in the Ijaw group are the Urhobo and the Isoko of Sagbama and some Igbo groups there also in sagbama too then the Ogba Igbo in Ogbia. We are also having a lot of Immigrants coming into Bayelsa from Yoruba to Igbo to Ibibio and Hausa and have a lot of Non Indigenes Naturalized in Bayelsa as it is.all together statistics say there are 11 languages in Bayelsa, you might ask how we understand each other, we do so by speaking pure Core Niger delta pidgin, not as pure as the warri brand but still pure compared to others and it has been creolized and Nativized in Yenagoa particularly with many of us not knowing how to speak our tribes languages. Anyway whether this SSG guy is Igbo or Ijaw it doesn't matter all that matters is he's Nigerian. lon

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IPOB Press Release On Invasion Of Ifeanyi Ejiofor's House In Anambra / Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq / Private Refineries Licensed By DPR (full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.