Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,780 members, 7,806,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) (2492 Views)

LOST IN UNIPORT (a Story Of Vengeance, Crime And Betrayal) ft chimexplosive / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 1:54am On Jun 05, 2019
This story is exclusively fiction and its like my first story on nairaland, also my first try so I am open to correction and criticism, if you find anything at all you don't like, notify me so that I can improve, I hope that when fellow writer read they can point out mistakes so that I can be a better writer too, and readers are welcome; feel free to say your mind please...
I would like to invite some people whom I admire so they can check it out
Divepen1
rachealfst
Larrysun
Devilpen
OyinPrince
And update will be regular except in some unexpected circumstance, enjoy the story

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 2:08am On Jun 05, 2019
All Rights Reserved
© Olugbemi Promise Peter 2019
Disclaimer
This is a work of fiction. Names,
characters, businesses, places, events,
locales, and incidents are either the
products of the author’s imagination or
used in a fictitious manner. Any
resemblance to actual persons, living or
dead, or actual events is purely
coincidental.

Synopsis
Richard was orphaned at a young age when his family was murdered by one of the gangs in the city of Ness, He escaped narrowly because he was on avacation to the family of his aunt. He determined to have revenge and growing up with that desire he trained himself brutally to achieve that. With no particular gang in mind, He set out to destroy all the gangs in Ness. This is the avenger, the darkness over the city of Ness, The starnger in the dark, PHANTOM

This is a story of revenge, betrayal, romance, crime, action and mystery.

Prologue
The moonlight shone through the leaves in the dark forest creating a bizzare pattern on the ground, the leaves were dripping water and the ground was wet and slippery, it rained in the morning and everywhere was cold. The forest was dark and the shadows of the tree caused fear to rise in people when moving through it, the stars in the sky was covered by layers of cloud and the moolight was dim, it was night and the whole forest was silent.
Suddenly, a sound interrupted the silence and footsteps on the wet leaves could be heard coming from the distance hurriedly, 'I beg you, please leave me alone, just leave me alone' pleaded the lady who was running like someone who was being chased, 'quit running, I will get you no matter where you go, mark my words I AM AFTER YOU' he came slowly behind her like the grim reaper, his face hidden behind a mask and in his hand a gun, he walked slowly and steadily and had the manner of someone with full confidence, his body was hidden by the darkness and he seemed to blend in with the trees' shadows. She fell and screamed, the sound blanketed by the trees...

2 Likes

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Oyinprince(m): 6:48am On Jun 05, 2019
Nice start, looks interesting.

I think for your context here, the right word to use is "shone" not "shined" and it should also be "the shadows of the tree 'caused'".

Kindly mention me again when you have at least 4000 words. Well-done
Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 05, 2019
Great start

1 Like

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 2:19pm On Jun 05, 2019
Oyinprince:
Nice start, looks interesting.

I think for your context here, the right word to use is "shone" not "shined" and it should also be "the shadows of the tree 'caused'".

Kindly mention me again when you have at least 4000 words. Well-done
Thanks for the comment Sir, will go do correction right away
Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
emperorblog21:
Great start
Thanks so much, I am encouraged
Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Ann2012(f): 6:36pm On Jun 05, 2019
Following
Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 1:05pm On Sep 10, 2019
Chapter One

The smell of tobacco covered the room filling it with a smoke that looked heavy. The room was small, with just a table and a chair for furniture, with an old fan moving as though in it's last days. The atmosphere seemed chilly and sinister, and the rrom was occupied by four men who stood in silence before a figure dressed in black on the chair. The face of the man was not clear through the foggy smoke which was coming from a tobacco in his mouth. Though the four men looked quite threatening, they still stood like little lambs before this strange man. They all maintained their silence, afraid to even breathe loudly.

"Sola, you had the guts. I gave you such an easy job and you had the guts to spoil my business", the silence was broken by the seated man, whose voice sounded like a pepper grinding machine.
"Boss, you know me na, I no for fall your hand, you no say no be my first time dey do dis kind job, but oga na something spoil am", a man standing at the far right spoke, trembling as he spoke.
"hmmmm, sola, you know that if not that you are my man, your head will be seperate from your body now", the seated man spoke threateningly.
"oga, abeg, na one guy like dis burst business for us, he just come dey shoot us down and none of us fit handle am, na wetin happen be dat", Sola spoke again, this time with a hint of pleading in his voice.
"is the guy masked and tall, and walks slowly and confidently", the man asked, this time gently
"ha, oga, how you take know", sola asked questioningly
The seated man smiled and said slowly "that is the nemesis of all gangs, the shadow that hangs over the entire city of Ness, the stranger in the dark, Phantom", the man puffed another smoke from his mouth and continued "I have been hearing of him for some months now, he seems to be on a hunt for gangs and has wiped out two or three already, but he has messed with the wrong person. Go out now and tell Segun to meet me"
The men breathed a sigh of relief, evidently happy at the mercy shown, "oga, I swear you too much, I go serve you die", Sola said as they hurried out and closed the door, leaving the room once more in darkness.
The man in the room stood up with a gun in hand and relaxed on the table, "Phantom, you choose the wrong man", and with a careful aim, he shot an imaginary bullet at the door catching the man entering unawares.
"Segun, sit down, I want you to..."

The guy walked out of the house looking like a man dressed to his workplace, with a suit and tie and a black suitcase. He looked round one last time and jogged down the street.
"Danfo, danfo, stop, oya take me to 'Carl and Sons pharmaceutical company'", he shouted at the bus he found at the corner of the street junction.
"na #100 naira, drop if you no get change", the conductor, a mean looking man with agbero accent said roughly. He nodded and entered stretching an #100 note to the man.
Richard rested his head on his seat and closed his eyes, seemingly sleeping as he entered deeply into thoughts. He was just enjoying the fresh breeze on the seat which he sat beside the window, stroking his suitcase as he did. He was jerked awake by the shouts of the conductor "oya o, if you know say you wan drop for bus stop, drop na o". He quickly came down and looked at the unfamiliar street, stretching his cramped body from the rough drive.
Jogging quickly, he came to the company he wanted and adjusting his tie one last time, he entered gracefully. He took in the lovely sight of shelfs packed full with medicine and enjoyed the air produced by the A.Cs in different corners of the company, he walked to the receptionist and stated his name "I am Richard Smith and I have an appointment with your CEO", the receptionist looked at him and making a call on her telephone, she spoke for a few second and nodded her head, pointing to the office at a corner of the company. He smiled at her and she blushed, he shook his head, he always had ladies attention as he had a handsome face with deary eyes and pink lips, he was tall and had a good physique. Thanking her, he walked down quickly to the office. He knocked and heard a stern voice "come in"
He walked in and stood as he said "Good morning Sir", extending his hand to the man behind the desk. He took his hand and directed him to the seat opposite Him.
"So you are the man representing the company who promised to deliver the new supply of drugs to us", the man began. Shaking his head, Richard opened his suitcase and taking out a gun, he pointed it at him and said
"I am the man that will take your life", and without waiting for him to respond shot him two times, in the head and the heart. He unscrewed the silencer and adjusted His cloth. He walked out of the office and came to the counter again. He waved at the receptionist as he walked out of the door and dissapeared at the far end of the street.
He boarded a bike and speeding off, he spoke quitely to himself "PHANTOM"...
Watch out for the next chapter

1 Like

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 11:25am On May 19, 2020
Sorry for the long break, I had issues bothering me and a lot of things to take care of but trust me to always make at least a chapter per week
Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 1:17pm On May 23, 2020
Chapter 2
The room looked like a gym, with different materials for exercise and working out laying about. Dumbells and other weights were lying about in no order, the treadmill looked recently used. The figure of a young man was seen lying on the floor, exerting force to lift himself from and drop himself to the ground, he was sweating profusely as he did this. He was doing a pushup exercise.
"... 198, 199, 200!" with one last grunt Richard pushed himself from the ground and stood up, breathing heavily as he stood, his muscles moving in sync with his breathing. He walked to a place were different towels and other attires were hung, he grabbed a towel which he used in cleaning off the sweat from His face. He smiled as he remembered his last mission and the sensation it was causing all over the city. It was all over the news and the police have vowed never to allow the murderer to escape.
"He was one of the godfathers of scorpion's gang, why portraying him as a saint", he hissed and gulping down a bottle of cold water which he grapped from a table, he walked out of the gym and still talking to himself settled on the couch in the sitting room and switched on the television, news was being reported.
"... The recent news of the death of the CEO of Carl and Sons Pharmaceutical company has shaken the whole city, it is a very sad incident indeed for Mr. Martins was a generous and kind man, a gift to the society, the police have vowed to find out the man behind this in respect of recent increase in crimes and deaths in the city, the commisioner..."
Richard hissed again and stared at the reporter with an angry expression. He thought to Himself 'This stupid police men that are just wasting their time, if the public knew what kind of man Martins was, it would have been better, and even I can expose him, I can...'
The flags stood tall and proud as veteran soldiers, they danced and marched to the tune of the wind as to the drums at marchpast. The surroundings seemed quite except for the occassional noise of passing cars, a look at the compound revealed two Toyota Hiluxes which were police cars, it is the police station.
Voices are heard from within, "Roy, let's settle this once and for all, you must catch this Phantom and unmask that face, what we need is the man behin the mask", a middle aged man was talking furiously and gesticulated wildly as he talked. It was the commissioner in his office rebuking a young detective.
"I will get him sir, I have marked him and I will get him", the detective responded gravely.
"I hope you do, not get out!", the commisioner barked. Roy saluted and left the offce with a frown on his face.
"Roy, what' wrong", Sandra, his assistant asked with some concern seeing how he looked, "is it about Phantom"
"Yes, the commisioner rebuked me today, he told me to hurry up and it is getting on my nerves", Roy said looking distressed, "we have not been able to get that guy, he is just too elusive, how do we find him among tens of thousands of people in Ness".
"I think we can get him this time since he was unmasked according to reports", Sandra said looking confident.
Roy brightened up at this and suddenly the door opened and a young man walked in looking tired and dejected, he sunk inside a chair seemingly trying to place the load in his mind and his weight on the chair. He looked up as Roy stared at him.
"James what's wrong, you got news?", Roy asked ancxiously and James nodded in assent bringing out his laptop from his bag as he did.
"I checked the various CCTV cameras installed in the office and this is all I got", He opened his laptop as he spoke and opened some files, he played a video clip, they all gathered round him to examine the video. After the video, he played several more.
"Hmmm, throughout the clips, his back was to the cameras and he either bowed his face or turned it away, he seems to know where they are", Roy observed.
James smiled bitterly as he said "That's exactly the issue, except for his height and skin colow, we know nothing about him and the receptionist could not help, all she remembered was that he was tall, fair and handsome, nothing more"
"So we go about the city looking for Mr. Tall, Fair and Handsome. Are we doing a model show? Forget it, let's look for other clues in order to nab this guy", Roy said and they all hurried to their table, each hitting his keyboard furiously.

Watch out for the next chapter

1 Like

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 1:30pm On May 23, 2020
labelle123, charytea, bimberry1307, gucciqueen38, parismoore, biadefolar, adesina12, giannaaaaaa, shewrites, ellabae, ghostwriter, centino, pinkfeet, vhally fasttrack curvydiva InkPaperVodka cyndy1000 TheBlessedMAN twoclans kimberlyWest ericsmith rosalieene kaycee9242 MhiztaRange prettyMizQdot chivera018 uniquechild skubido casler godwindanielboy donpiiko BdorianGray Rhemy2013 donnaD audina nelem princessmj ayodijex nikz vickysunmomi lady25 ann2012 mc6xty WAACUT canme4u victoria2000 mjay05 aharpride1 tgold1 stevodot22 FortunateB crystalprince honourable356 oluwakemi65 stancyfrosh xaviercasmier Alexk2 Rollins777 Dessydemmy Divpen1 obyikye FloraEC IamXcessiz eniafelamo princessyere1 stellamarisII Ibunkun1 Kimoyo Pearl05 Sweety189 Peluhmii queenitee tonexyx joyberry millenia Chii8 Jane1234 Halyma Silver1996 onetop funkyjenny marianneada, akinwale14 SapphirePRINCEX Jameskudooski Cadec007 Godwindanielboy Alarm ringing, new story, new update.

2 Likes

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 1:32pm On May 23, 2020
Please comment to show you are following, it really encourages me
Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by SheWrites(f): 8:04pm On May 23, 2020
Harchoredey:
labelle123, charytea, bimberry1307, gucciqueen38, parismoore, biadefolar, adesina12, giannaaaaaa, shewrites, ellabae, ghostwriter, centino, pinkfeet, vhally fasttrack curvydiva InkPaperVodka cyndy1000 TheBlessedMAN twoclans kimberlyWest ericsmith rosalieene kaycee9242 MhiztaRange prettyMizQdot chivera018 uniquechild skubido casler godwindanielboy donpiiko BdorianGray Rhemy2013 donnaD audina nelem princessmj ayodijex nikz vickysunmomi lady25 ann2012 mc6xty WAACUT canme4u victoria2000 mjay05 aharpride1 tgold1 stevodot22 FortunateB crystalprince honourable356 oluwakemi65 stancyfrosh xaviercasmier Alexk2 Rollins777 Dessydemmy Divpen1 obyikye FloraEC IamXcessiz eniafelamo princessyere1 stellamarisII Ibunkun1 Kimoyo Pearl05 Sweety189 Peluhmii queenitee tonexyx joyberry millenia Chii8 Jane1234 Halyma Silver1996 onetop funkyjenny marianneada, akinwale14 SapphirePRINCEX Jameskudooski Cadec007 Godwindanielboy Alarm ringing, new story, new update.
Present

1 Like

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Ann2012(f): 9:53pm On May 23, 2020
Harchoredey:
labelle123, charytea, bimberry1307,
gucciqueen38,
parismoore, biadefolar, adesina12,
giannaaaaaa,
shewrites, ellabae, ghostwriter, centino,
pinkfeet,
vhally fasttrack curvydiva InkPaperVodka
cyndy1000
TheBlessedMAN twoclans kimberlyWest
ericsmith
rosalieene kaycee9242 MhiztaRange
prettyMizQdot
chivera018 uniquechild skubido casler
godwindanielboy donpiiko BdorianGray
Rhemy2013
donnaD audina nelem princessmj
ayodijex nikz
vickysunmomi lady25 ann2012 mc6xty
WAACUT
canme4u victoria2000 mjay05
aharpride1 tgold1 stevodot22 FortunateB
crystalprince
honourable356 oluwakemi65
stancyfrosh
xaviercasmier Alexk2 Rollins777
Dessydemmy
Divpen1 obyikye FloraEC IamXcessiz
eniafelamo
princessyere1 stellamarisII Ibunkun1
Kimoyo Pearl05
Sweety189 Peluhmii queenitee tonexyx
joyberry
millenia Chii8 Jane1234 Halyma
Silver1996 onetop
funkyjenny marianneada, akinwale14
SapphirePRINCEX
Jameskudooski Cadec007
Godwindanielboy
Alarm ringing, new story, new update.

Present

1 Like

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by yungbanks(m): 2:12pm On May 24, 2020
Harchoredey:
Please comment to show you are following, it really encourages me
space booked ooo popcorn bought now bring it on

1 Like

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by JamesKudooski(m): 1:35am On May 26, 2020
Harchoredey:
gucciqueen38,
giannaaaaaa,
pinkfeet,
cyndy1000
ericsmith
prettyMizQdot
Rhemy2013
ayodijex nikz
WAACUT
crystalprince
stancyfrosh
Dessydemmy
eniafelamo
Kimoyo Pearl05
joyberry
Silver1996 onetop
SapphirePRINCEX
Jameskudooski Cadec007
Godwindanielboy

Present. And thanks for the honour.

1 Like

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by chii8(f): 5:29am On May 27, 2020
Present!

1 Like

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Kaycee9242(m): 1:13pm On May 27, 2020
what a nice story u have here op, try to check ur spellings. kudos to u.

1 Like

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 7:52pm On May 28, 2020
Harchoredey:
gucciqueen38,
giannaaaaaa,
pinkfeet,
cyndy1000
ericsmith
prettyMizQdot
Rhemy2013
ayodijex nikz
WAACUT
crystalprince
stancyfrosh
Dessydemmy
eniafelamo
Kimoyo Pearl05
joyberry
Silver1996 onetop
SapphirePRINCEX
Jameskudooski Cadec007
Godwindanielboy
Thanks for having me here and you are doing beautifully well.

1 Like

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 1:43pm On May 29, 2020
Kaycee9242:
what a nice story u have here op, try to check ur spellings. kudos to u.
Thanks dear, I will try doing that
Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 2:22pm On May 29, 2020
Chapter 3
Richard yawned as he woke up from where he dozed off on the couch. He looked at the wall clock opposite him, the time was 4 o' clock. He shook his head to remove last traces of sleep and stretched himself as he stood up. He picked up his phone and checked something while murmuring to himself, he switched on the TV. The newscaster was casting something again
"... recent news reaching us has caused a sensation in the whole city, Mr. Martins of late memory who recently died has been discovered to be the godfather of one of the most dangerous gangs in Ness. A recently opened youtube account uploaded videos as evidence and the whole city is shaken by the news. The mayor has used this as an opportunity to warn against crime and violence which has risen steadily over the years and..."
Richard smiled broadly, his whole teeth almost showing in the process, he was the one who had opened the youtube account of course and he had uploaded the video on youtube. As he thought of the quick change in people's mind from cursing his assassin to cursing the man himself with every evil word they could recall, he felt satisfied. He shook his head again as he entered his room and came out moments later dressed in a red T-shirt with COOL boldly printed in front and a jean trousers with a pair of red sneakers. He looked himself in the mirror and feeling satisifed he slung a schoolback on his back as he bouced out.
He smiled as he felt the cool breeze, it was a perfect evening to go have fun and since it's been long he's had fun due to his last mission, he was itching to go have fun. He settled himself on the powerbike parked in one side of his garage beside the various sport cars and turning the key in the ignition he rode out as the gate opened and closed automatically behind him. He sped madly and feeling the wind straining against him he nodded as he weaved through the traffic on the streets on the city. He had always loved racing as a kid and from then till now, his favourites games and movies were all about racing and he loved to practice what he saw to the extent that he too has become and expert.
He slowed down as he spotted heavy traffic in front and he had to stop as he got closer, it seemed something was causing an hold up. Suddenly he heard gunshots and as if on reflex, he swerved the bike till it stood parallel to the back of the car in front and he jumped off almost at the same time as he skilfully took cover behind his bike. He unzipped his bag and brought out his mask, placed it on his face and brought out his beretta m9 and caressed it affectionately. Looking ahead of him, he saw masked gunmen with Ak-47s and they seemed to be searching for someone, Richard hissed 'it must be one of those stupid gangs', he counted them, they were seven in number, he groaned 'gonna have to waste seven bullets on this fools'.
He stood sharply and leaped on the bike, the men's attention was drawn by this but before they could react, two bullets buried itself in two heads, seeing their comrades falling down they opened fire furiously damaging a lot of glasses in the process. Richard rolled down, narrowing missing a volley of bullets directed at him, he took cover behind the car in from of him and calculated their movements even as bullets assaulted the car. He suddenly appeared from the right side and shot without looking, the bullet caught one of them in the chest and as he did this he rolled to the car next to him noting it was clear. Another volley of bullets assaulted him but he ducked and transferring the pistol from right to left, he brought out another beretta m9 from his back pocket.
And with two pistols in hand, he stood boldly to confront them and shot twice without giving them an opportunity for a shot. The men froze like statues with blood flowing from their heads even as they followed the movements of their dropping guns to the floor. Richard dusted his trousers and looked around, the area was deserted already and the place was messy from the shootout. He was about to head back to his bike when he spotted a guy lying down with his ahnd on his head, he was the only one still alive on the road.
Richard jogged over and tapped him, the guy responded with a feeble punch which Richard caught easily
"Hello, who are you? Don't you know it is dangerous to stay here?", Richard queried
"Those men came for me, I am an enemy of theirs and they almost had me but for you"
Richard looked at the guy thoughtfully, he could already hear the police sirens in the distance and he had to move fast.
"I am Richard, would you like to follow me?", He asked as he stretched his hands out.
"I am Ben, I would do so gladly", the guy replied as he grabbed Richard's hand and lifted himself up with it's support.
"Let's get one thing right, the enemy of an enemy is a friend, I have some enmity against them and that is why I am helping you, alright?" Richard emphasised as the guy dusted himself, Ben nodded and they left the scene together on his bike.

1 Like

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 2:25pm On May 29, 2020
labelle123, charytea, bimberry1307, gucciqueen38, parismoore, biadefolar, adesina12, giannaaaaaa, shewrites, ellabae, ghostwriter, centino, pinkfeet, vhally fasttrack curvydiva InkPaperVodka cyndy1000 TheBlessedMAN twoclans kimberlyWest ericsmith rosalieene kaycee9242 MhiztaRange prettyMizQdot chivera018 uniquechild skubido casler godwindanielboy donpiiko BdorianGray Rhemy2013 donnaD audina nelem princessmj ayodijex nikz vickysunmomi lady25 ann2012 mc6xty WAACUT canme4u victoria2000 mjay05 aharpride1 tgold1 stevodot22 FortunateB crystalprince honourable356 oluwakemi65 stancyfrosh xaviercasmier Alexk2 Rollins777 Dessydemmy Divpen1 obyikye FloraEC IamXcessiz eniafelamo princessyere1 stellamarisII Ibunkun1 Kimoyo Pearl05 Sweety189 Peluhmii queenitee tonexyx joyberry millenia Chii8 Jane1234 Halyma Silver1996 onetop funkyjenny marianneada, akinwale14 SapphirePRINCEX Jameskudooski Cadec007 Godwindanielboy Alarm ringing, new update.
Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Kaycee9242(m): 5:36am On May 30, 2020
good one Op, Richard now have an ally

1 Like

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Ann2012(f): 7:34am On May 30, 2020
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
Chapter 4
The room was cool as the ACs were busy at their work of keeping heat out of the room. Everywhere looked organised and well maintained, the chairs were comfortable and the TV opposite them was entertaining with different videos. Ben looked round in amazement, he had been amazed since he met this guy, the way he shot was incredible and his shots were precise also. The house too was simply wonderful.
"So Ben, now that we are settled, can you tell me why those guys were after you?", Richard asked clamly as he fixed his eyes on him as if any lie would trigger a shot from the gun he was playing with in his hands."
"Before I answer that, let me say this. How could you be so careless as to let me ride behind you on the bike, I could have killed you if I had evil intentions", Ben asked with some surprise. Richard smiled and coldly said
"I told you 'the enemy of an enemy is a friend', besides you said I am careless? If i was, I would have lost my life long ago. The moment I shook you I planted something on you, if you check the left part of your chest you will find a tiny bug planted, it is designed to respond to higher activity rate, the moment your body starts getting slightly active, I will sense it and be prepared to react, besides, you are on my bike. Do I look like a fool? Guy you would have been dead long before you knew how", he concluded
Ben checked and was greatly surprised, he looked at him for some minutes, "you are calm and cautious, that's good", he said as he nodded. He then began sorrowfully
"I am Benjamins Briggs, born into a family of five, I was the only boy with two girls my elder. You will be surprised no doubt to know that I am an hacker and a very good one at that, I started from a very young age
"I had love for computers and other technology stuff, and my parents noting my interest gave me support in money and motivative words. I had learnt programming at a very young age and I just hack mainly for the fun of it. My best moments was when I hacked into an orgainsation's system and their firewall poved strong, it forced me to work my brains on how to break it and how to avoid being detected, it thrilled me to fool those other computer geeks.
"I had installed cameras in every corner of the house except the bathrooms and of course the bedrooms. I was lying down one day playing games on my laptop when I noticed masked gunmen enter the compound, they were many and were swift for they came in too quickly for me to react. I climbed my desk with my laptop and hid in a secret hiding place I created just for the fun of it sometime ago in the roof.
"The only thing I could hear was gunshots and screams while the ransacked the entire house seemingly looking for something. I don't know when they left for I slept off after sometime but I knew that when I woke up, there was silence. It was so dreadful that I came down quickle to behold a horrible scene.
"My family had been murdered brutally and the whole house seemed as if a herd of elephants had run through. I opened my laptop to check the previous recordings and through that I discovered their purpose in coming. They had come for me because one of their technical staff had discovered my talents when breaking into their firewall sometime ago. I also discovered that they were one of the gangs but I never knew which one because they never mentioned. I was sad and angry at myself and would have sucided if not for the thoughts of revenge that seized me.
"I left the house with nothing but my backpack where I kept my laptop, atm cards and some dresses. I went somewhere else and changed my identity completely, this was easy for me the because I was a computer guru. I lived six years lowkey while training myself and gathering information about the various gangs in the city and when I was fully ready I struck, I hacked into their database where I got crucial information and left loopholes through which some ogf these infromation might escape, that is why you had a higher frequency of information in the past few months as compared to before if you noticed", Ben concluded and Richard nodded.
Richard was filled with pity and anger when he heard this and after telling Ben his own story, they both resolved to work together with Ben helping to get the information and Richard working with it.
Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
gucciqueen38, parismoore, biadefolar,
adesina12, giannaaaaaa, shewrites, ellabae,
ghostwriter, centino, pinkfeet, vhally
fasttrack curvydiva InkPaperVodka
cyndy1000 TheBlessedMAN twoclans
kimberlyWest ericsmith rosalieene
kaycee9242 MhiztaRange prettyMizQdot
Rhemy2013 donnaD audina nelem
princessmj ayodijex nikz vickysunmomi
lady25 ann2012 mc6xty WAACUT canme4u
victoria2000 mjay05 aharpride1 tgold1
stevodot22 FortunateB crystalprince
honourable356 oluwakemi65 stancyfrosh
Dessydemmy Divpen1 obyikye FloraEC
IamXcessiz eniafelamo princessyere1
stellamarisII Ibunkun1 Kimoyo Pearl05
joyberry millenia Chii8 Jane1234 Halyma
Silver1996 onetop funkyjenny
marianneada, akinwale14 SapphirePRINCEX
Jameskudooski Cadec007 Godwindanielboy
Alarm ringing, new update.

Sorry for the late update guys, got a busy schedule, I will try to meet up this week. Thanks
Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by lahrra(f): 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
Thank you Op. Getting more interesting.

1 Like

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Kaycee9242(m): 11:50am On Jun 15, 2020
wow what a good team up, op ur story is very interesting and full of actions just try to pay more attention to few spellings and u will be one of d best writers.

1 Like

Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
You all posting unfinish story. Silly
Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 11:26pm On Jun 15, 2020
Kaycee9242:
wow what a good team up, op ur story is very interesting and full of actions just try to pay more attention to few spellings and u will be one of d best writers.
Thanks bro, I am really encouraged
Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Harchoredey(m): 12:36am On Jan 24, 2021
Reviving this story, going to pick it up after the current one; MY FATHER AND I
https://www.nairaland.com/6370364/daughter-ideal-father

So take note, my readers who felt dissapointed

I am really sorry, I had issues with my phone and other factors but I am back fully with about five stories which I will dish piece by piece till it is finished
gucciqueen38, parismoore, biadefolar,
adesina12, giannaaaaaa, shewrites, ellabae,
ghostwriter, centino, pinkfeet, vhally
fasttrack curvydiva InkPaperVodka
cyndy1000 TheBlessedMAN twoclans
kimberlyWest ericsmith rosalieene
kaycee9242 MhiztaRange prettyMizQdot
Rhemy2013 donnaD audina nelem
princessmj ayodijex nikz vickysunmomi
lady25 ann2012 mc6xty WAACUT canme4u
victoria2000 mjay05 aharpride1 tgold1
stevodot22 FortunateB crystalprince
honourable356 oluwakemi65 stancyfrosh
Dessydemmy Divpen1 obyikye FloraEC
IamXcessiz eniafelamo princessyere1
stellamarisII Ibunkun1 Kimoyo Pearl05
joyberry millenia Chii8 Jane1234 Halyma
Silver1996 onetop funkyjenny
marianneada, akinwale14 SapphirePRINCEX
Jameskudooski Cadec007 Godwindanielboy
Alarm ringing, new update.
Re: The Stranger In The Dark(a story of love, action, revenge and betrayal) by Kaycee9242(m): 5:46pm On Jan 26, 2021
Hope u will complete dis one we have started already

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amos Tutuola, The Extra Ordinary Novelist Of Yoruba Phantasmagoria / Writertain Top 10 Nigerian Romance Novels / UDENE BY JESSICA DURU!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.