Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) (51195 Views)

A Commercial Bus Tumbles On 3rd Mainland Bridge, Lagos / Man Involved In An Accident As His Car Tumbles (photos) / Bus Tumbles Into The Gutter At Ikeja-toll Gate (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by RexTramadol1: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2019
This ones respond quickly

I lost my respect for Nigeria Police

When I called them to raise an alarm, they asked for address I gave them

They said they are on their way, the station is less than 30mins to the place of robbery attack

2hrs gone police never come

I tried calling, they said they are still on it

Boom! After 30mins I called again, Alas! The policeman told me it's a false case

False case when robbers are in the ceiling? When your men did not come around at all?

It's so weakening!

1 Like

Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by Sluacoast(m): 12:18pm On Jun 05, 2019
Pavore9:

People die every second in every Country in this world.
Nigeria own seem to be the most amongst them
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by luluosas(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2019
Thank God no life was lost
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by Michael11stock(m): 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
Most of the buses don't have break light so it is difficult to know when a vehicle at your front suddenly step on its break. FRSC are not doing their job because of bribe
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by Oweku: 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2019
shocked

read news n get paid for it...

click my signature below
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by smokeyupu(m): 12:31pm On Jun 05, 2019
[quote author=Jayslicky post=79039637]Too many vehicles on that bridge, there should be an alternative for motorist, another factor for this reoccurence of accident is too many drivers who are not experienced or lack concentration when driving.
I Wish the victims of the accidents quick recovery.[/quot

My brother the only problem there is that of excessive speed. Drivers are reckless on that bridge and nothing's been done to check the situation.
Regarding the concentration thing you mentioned. E no easy to concentrate with so many issues - No light but bills to pay, generator maintainance, buying fuel everyday even though you no get car, No water, Banditry on the rise, school fees, Rising cost of food, landlords arbitrarily increasing rents and witches from ur village and the locality u reside here in Lagos - can make u go gaga or sleep off on the steering.
Na government be the problem
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by gnykelly(m): 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2019
allsaint2000:
Third Mainland Bridge again? Something needs to be done to averts these reoccurring accidents.
Like what we need your ideas
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by gnykelly(m): 12:34pm On Jun 05, 2019
Michael11stock:
Most of the buses don't have break light so it is difficult to know when a vehicle at your front suddenly step on its break. FRSC are not doing their job because of bribe

70% of them don't have driving licence
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by Emanodimo(m): 12:49pm On Jun 05, 2019
Jayslicky:
Too many vehicles on that bridge, there should be an alternative for motorist, another factor for this reoccurence of accident is too many drivers who are not experienced or lack concentration when driving.
I Wish the victims of the accidents quick recovery.

It is for the above reason u stated why many road users needs to ply that bridge. As someone said earlier, if u haven't drive through the bridge, u are still a learner.
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by Billy0naire(m): 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2019
Ambode's Mission was to take all these crazy buses off the roads of Lagos, I hope Sango Olu will follow through.
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by nel4k(m): 1:37pm On Jun 05, 2019
That vehicle as someone said must be plying Oshodi to Ajah. The way owners of the particular bus raise the back of their buses is alarming. You can imagine the front side pointing to the ground and the back side so high above normal suspension height. So little hit from the back, the vehicle loses balance on the road. The drivers on this same vehicles likewise Danfo are always high on something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by darkelf: 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2019
Davash222:
You can't call yourself a good driver if you've not drive past Third mainland bridge. There's something demonic about that bridge.

There's nothing demonic bro.

Longest bring in West Africa. This equates high vehicular traffic.

High vehicular traffic means more cars ply that expressway. Many Lagosians work on the island and remember that Lagos is highly populated. Thus, more people means more cars plying third mainland.

Many drivers especially commercial drivers are ill-trained and reckless. This together with high volume of cars means accidents are bound to happen very frequently.

Not everything is spiritual bro. Its just common sense and statistics.
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by alushkimo(m): 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
Davash222:
You can't call yourself a good driver if you've not drive past Third mainland bridge. There's something demonic about that bridge.
There is nothing demonic about the bridge. People just fail to adhere to basic safety rules while driving.
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2019
Davash222:

If it was demonic, then everybody that passes d road would have had one accident or another. Most people erroneously think that ur ability to drive is by how fast u can go or by how u can b WhatsApping with one hand& holding steering with other. How good a driver u are is determined by ur ability to obey simple traffic rules
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by lexy2014: 2:40pm On Jun 05, 2019
nel4k:
That vehicle as someone said must be plying Oshodi to Ajah. The way owners of the particular bus raise the back of their buses is alarming. You can imagine the front side pointing to the ground and the back side so high above normal suspension height. So little hit from the back, the vehicle loses balance on the road. The drivers on this same vehicles likewise Danfo are always high on something.

Exactly. That is oshodi ajah bus. D guys at d park at oshodi are a bunch of Igbo smoking kparaga drinking folks
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by Barewa: 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2019
Modern Guest Post Website

Are you a blogger? Are you a content writer? Are you a website owner? Are you you a musician? Are you a comedian?

Who so ever you are you can published, promote, host, get backlink, improve your domain authority as a blogger, publish your content and or local news as a content writer and many other things.

You can do all these at http://barewa.com.ng

What you need to do is to just register its a free something and submit your post here https://barewa.com.ng/submit-new-blog-post/
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by balonaija(f): 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2019
that is how it goes......
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by nokatakata: 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2019
it's always this useless old ugly looking buses with crazy drivers. I don't understand how people manage to enter this irritating buses even when they can see clearly how haggard they look.

1 Like

Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
The way people speed on TML bridge(and other Lagos roads)is worrisome.The most alarming is the condition of these speeding cars.Some of them have k leg tyres and no wipers.

It's just a scary situation because they can lose control and crash into the careful drivers.

And nothing is being done about it.

Canada!
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2019
nokatakata:
it's always this useless old ugly looking buses with crazy drivers. I don't understand how people manage to enter this irritating buses even when they can see clearly how haggard they look.

It's that same 'let's manage it' mentality.The same impatience
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by goodnewsbabe: 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2019
Re: Accident On Third Mainland Bridge, Bus Tumbles (PHOTOS) by BigBashiru: 7:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
RexTramadol1:
This ones respond quickly

I lost my respect for Nigeria Police

When I called them to raise an alarm, they asked for address I gave them

They said they are on their way, the station is less than 30mins to the place of robbery attack

2hrs gone police never come

I tried calling, they said they are still on it

Boom! After 30mins I called again, Alas! The policeman told me it's a false case

False case when robbers are in the ceiling? When your men did not come around at all?

It's so weakening!

They simply could not be bothered to come. Once they told you it's a false they went back to their phone or to their girlfriend. Welcome to nigger land. Same thing with hospitals if you ever need emergency care. Same thing with employees of your business. Nigger land is CURSED.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge / Dubai Denies Nigerians Under 40 Tourist Visas - Abike Dabiri / 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.