Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,419,858 members, 5,426,833 topics. Date: Monday, 17 February 2020 at 08:55 AM

⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ (9560 Views)

My Journey To $1k In 30 Days With Cpa / A-Z Of Shopify Dropshipping (all You Need To Know) / Dropshipping 101: How To Start An Ecommerce Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by siverspooon(m): 1:56am On Jun 18, 2019
Following sir
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by RESHARPENED: 7:49am On Jun 19, 2019
yizzyweezy:

WalkerMichael built it himself, from a video he watched on youtube, by jordan welch or so. It's pretty easy setting up a shopify store, there are lots of tutorials concerning that on Youtube

When I say other dog related pages, I mean other shopify stores, not just random. You know a shopify dropshipping store by the way it looks and the 12-20 days shipping time

The products were added through Oberlo from Aliexpress

Got a hold of the ads by using a spy tool adspy

I picked a niche that's women dominated..

Thanks.

How is the sales from the new store you opened going?
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by kevoh(m): 7:58am On Jun 19, 2019
No Tuesday update.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by yizzyweezy: 11:17am On Jun 19, 2019
kevoh:
No Tuesday update.

Michael just got his paypal limits lifted. So hopefully there'd be update today

As for the new store, I started another and as you can see from the screenshot, I started running ads on the 15th or thereabout and so far at $360 ...FB has been having some delivery issues lately, so I had to pause the ads.

2 Likes

Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by Carmal90(m): 11:46am On Jun 19, 2019
yizzyweezy:
Good day everyone, apologies for not updating the post y.day .

We've hit a little stumbling block on the activation of the stripe acct. We tried initiating a test transaction to ensure everything was working and the FCMB Mastercard, Michael used, seemed to have automatically declined the payment, and as such it was recorded as a chargeback on Stripe, and that equates to a 100% chargeback rate, as opposed the acceptable 1% or below.

We've sent a mail to Stripe and expecting their reply within the next 24hours, after which I'd continue with the update on this post.

So far, we've been able to successfully create a PayPal acct and may be using that alone for the whole DS journey, if Stripe decides to be a pain in the ass, which we hope not, so we'll be waiting for their response in the meantime.

As for the PayPal creation, head over to
www.paypal.com/ls/home and create a business PayPal acct . Be sure to always access PayPal through that link to avoid any problem.

While creating a business PayPal acct, be sure to:

1. Use your real details, and don't use a VPN

2. Use your real house address

3. SELECT NATIONALITY AS NIGERIAN

4. When asked for currency, select USD

5. When asked for phone number, change the country flag from lesotho to USA or Nigeria and input your USA or Nigerian phone number....
I'd advise you get a USA phone number from dingtone, textme or skype to use. Cause you'd be calling PayPal frequently and doing so, you have to call with a phone number attached to your Paypal account... Also, calling from a Nigerian number will be hella costly, so a USA Number is advised.
Pls how much for USA no??
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by joeeee240(m): 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
yizzyweezy:

Michael just got his paypal limits lifted. So hopefully there'd be update today

As for the new store, I started another and as you can see from the screenshot, I started running ads on the 15th or thereabout and so far at $360 ...FB has been having some delivery issues lately, so I had to pause the ads.

What are you selling?
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by kevoh(m): 2:48pm On Jun 19, 2019
yizzyweezy:

Michael just got his paypal limits lifted. So hopefully there'd be an update today

Nice work. Hoping to see the update today.
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by yizzyweezy: 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2019
joeeee240:

What are you selling?

Pet products
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by yizzyweezy: 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2019
Carmal90:

Pls how much for USA no??

Depends, could cost anywhere from 6-12$
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by Carmal90(m): 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
yizzyweezy:

Depends, could cost anywhere from 6-12$
Monthly or yearly?
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by yizzyweezy: 7:33pm On Jun 19, 2019
On to the Facebook Ads Creation.

head over to business.faceboook.com to create a Facebook Business Account, and create a new ad account...If you don't know how to do that, head over to this link for help on that:

N/B: When creating the Ad Account, select USA Timezone and USD as currency

Creating Business Account: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1710077379203657 &
Creating and Adding an Ad Account: https://web.facebook.com/business/help/910137316041095?_rdc=1&_rdr

After Creating your Business and Ad account, you wanna create your FB Page, your page should be the same with the name of your site. If it's already taken, just add a little variation, mix or TM ..E.G PuppyMark TM

Now the structure of the ads.

Like I said initially, you're going to need to find 5-6 products, and you're going to spend $21 on testing each product.

Go to Create Campaign

Using the Quick Creation (Not Guided)...Give your campaign any name you can remember, You can give your adset any name for now, you can always edit that later and give your ad any name...Make sure you change the objective from Traffic to Conversions. Then click on "Save to Draft" to continue.

On this page, click on the adset you just created,

and it takes you to the page below
Click on Create a New Pixel

To Install Pixel on Shopify: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/analyze-marketing/facebook-pixel

After Creating the pixel, click on the conversion event and select Purchase. We are going to be optimizing for purchases

Don't bother if the pixel shows a red color, mine is showing a green cause Michael triggered the pixel by initiating a test purchase on his store.

If it tells you to turn on "Automatic Advanced Matching", turn it on

Scroll down to where you have daily budget, and change it from $20 to $3.

Scroll down to where you have "Locations" and change it from "Everyone who lives in this location" to "People who live in this location"
As for the country, change it from "Nigeria" to United states, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom and New Zealand, by typing their names in the box provided, individually. These are the top 5 countries that spend the most online.

Leave the age and gender as default, as for the detailed targeting, put in a broad targeting of your niche first, for now. Since Michael's in the dog niche, I'd leave it as dogs, for now.

Scroll down to Edit Placement and make sure only FB Newsfeed, IG Feed, FB Marketplace and suggested videos are the only placements selected. Deselect other placements.

Scroll down and change the conversion details to "1-day click"

Click on the Ad level, to create your ad

... I highly suggest you use a Video and the video should be uploaded as a "dark post" in the method outlined here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmFCTJZNKKU

After creating the darkpost (A.K.A Unpublished Post), get the post ID, which is an ID To the right of the post you just created. Copy it. Click existing post (outlined in red) and paste it in the space provided for it below. Be sure to select the right page
. You can create an IG Account and select it, or use "Selected Facebook Page"

Now, you wanna test other 6 similar interests to to your niche...Go back to the adset you just created and duplicate it 6 times, by pressing CTRL + D. In each duplicate, you want to change the interest, by using the suggestions feature located next to your interest. So In my Case, from the image below the suggestions feature shows me these similar interests to target. So for each product I'd ensure to target 7 interests each at $3 daily.

NOTE: FOR ANY INTEREST, YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THE AUDIENCE SIZE IS NOT MORE THAN 3MILLION AND NOT LESS THAN 100K

4 Likes

Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by justli: 7:41pm On Jun 19, 2019
Great job
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by yizzyweezy: 9:15pm On Jun 19, 2019
@justli images have been added to the post

1 Like

Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by yizzyweezy: 9:34pm On Jun 19, 2019
So in essence for the testing stage, you'd spend anywhere from $100-$120 testing products and here are the metrics we're looking for

Ideally, you may not get a sale with $3 spend per adset, but if you do, then that means that interest is FIRE and the product is worth testing and scaling, if all things go well.

Here are the metrics we are looking for
1. 3%+ Outbound CTR (Outbound Link Click-through Rate)
2. Less than $1 Cost per view content, if you get $0.3-0.7 ( then this is a good sign)
3. An Add to Cart/Initiate Checkout
4. A sale
5. a CPM Below $30 (Not really mandatory, but a lower CPM will be easier to work with)

Abbreviations
CPM- Cost per Mile (Cost per 1000 impressions)
CTR (Click-Through-Rate)
ATC (Add To Cart)
VC (View Content)
IC (Initiate Checkout)
Pur (Purchases)

IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO SET UP THESE COLUMNS, HEAD OVER TO THIS LINK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQEGdpyusuk

Everything we'd be doing from now on, will be heavily dependent on this column setup

3 Likes

Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by yizzyweezy: 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
Carmal90:

Monthly or yearly?

That also depends...But majority of the apps offer a monthly subscription, e.g. Skype ($8/month), textme, etc..
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by obuksjr(m): 5:22am On Jun 20, 2019
Following
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by yizzyweezy: 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2019
[UPDATE: DAY 15]

It's been 4 hours since we launched the ads (the ads started delivering at 2am PST, which was our 10am, here in Nigeria)

And WalkerMichael is onto his first sale of $53 �

Let's see how it plays out by the end of the day.

We're $947 away from our $1k goal

4 Likes

Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by daddio(m): 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2019
yizzyweezy:

It's been 4 hours since we launched the ads (the ads started delivering at 2am PST, which was our 10am, here in Nigeria)

I tried the PayPal stuff, it doesn't work out sir
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by yizzyweezy: 4:07pm On Jun 20, 2019
daddio:

I tried the PayPal stuff, it doesn't work out sir

What error did you get?
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by Carmal90(m): 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2019
yizzyweezy:

What error did you get?
Sorry for interrupting and for me asking load of questions.
If I open the PayPal as you have said,how will I get help if my account is limited?concerning the USA phone no, is it only a month I will pay for to have access?or I will have to to pay if I need the no to contact PayPal...
Thanks
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by mastercee(m): 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2019
Carmal90:

If I open the PayPal as you have said,how will I get help if my account is limited?concerning the USA phone no, is it only a month I will pay for to have access?or I will have to to pay if I need the no to contact PayPal...
Thanks

Just use dingtone. it's less than $3 yearly
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by Carmal90(m): 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2019
mastercee:

Just use dingtone. it's less than $3 yearly
Thanks
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by ojialo(m): 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2019
yizzyweezy:
On to the Facebook Ads Creation.

head over to business.faceboook.com to create a Facebook Business Account, and create a new ad account...If you don't know how to do that, head over to this link for help on that:

N/B: When creating the Ad Account, select USA Timezone and USD as currency

Creating Business Account: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1710077379203657 &
Creating and Adding an Ad Account: https://web.facebook.com/business/help/910137316041095?_rdc=1&_rdr

After Creating your Business and Ad account, you wanna create your FB Page, your page should be the same with the name of your site. If it's already taken, just add a little variation, mix or TM ..E.G PuppyMark TM

Now the structure of the ads.

Like I said initially, you're going to need to find 5-6 products, and you're going to spend $21 on testing each product.

Go to Create Campaign

Using the Quick Creation (Not Guided)...Give your campaign any name you can remember, You can give your adset any name for now, you can always edit that later and give your ad any name...Make sure you change the objective from Traffic to Conversions. Then click on "Save to Draft" to continue.

On this page, click on the adset you just created,

and it takes you to the page below
Click on Create a New Pixel

To Install Pixel on Shopify: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/analyze-marketing/facebook-pixel

After Creating the pixel, click on the conversion event and select Purchase. We are going to be optimizing for purchases

Don't bother if the pixel shows a red color, mine is showing a green cause Michael triggered the pixel by initiating a test purchase on his store.

If it tells you to turn on "Automatic Advanced Matching", turn it on

Scroll down to where you have daily budget, and change it from $20 to $3.

Scroll down to where you have "Locations" and change it from "Everyone who lives in this location" to "People who live in this location"
As for the country, change it from "Nigeria" to United states, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom and New Zealand, by typing their names in the box provided, individually. These are the top 5 countries that spend the most online.

Leave the age and gender as default, as for the detailed targeting, put in a broad targeting of your niche first, for now. Since Michael's in the dog niche, I'd leave it as dogs, for now.

Scroll down to Edit Placement and make sure only FB Newsfeed, IG Feed, FB Marketplace and suggested videos are the only placements selected. Deselect other placements.

Scroll down and change the conversion details to "1-day click"

Click on the Ad level, to create your ad

... I highly suggest you use a Video and the video should be uploaded as a "dark post" in the method outlined here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmFCTJZNKKU

After creating the darkpost (A.K.A Unpublished Post), get the post ID, which is an ID To the right of the post you just created. Copy it. Click existing post (outlined in red) and paste it in the space provided for it below. Be sure to select the right page
. You can create an IG Account and select it, or use "Selected Facebook Page"

Now, you wanna test other 6 similar interests to to your niche...Go back to the adset you just created and duplicate it 6 times, by pressing CTRL + D. In each duplicate, you want to change the interest, by using the suggestions feature located next to your interest. So In my Case, from the image below the suggestions feature shows me these similar interests to target. So for each product I'd ensure to target 7 interests each at $3 daily.

NOTE: FOR ANY INTEREST, YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THE AUDIENCE SIZE IS NOT MORE THAN 3MILLION AND NOT LESS THAN 100K
wow
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by ojialo(m): 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2019
Carmal90:

Thanks
dingtone is $4 for 1year
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by libertyinc1: 7:43pm On Jun 20, 2019
Hello Sir......Please is there an email or number i could reach you with, i would like to discuss with you privately about thsi dropshipping business......I love what you are doing and its really inspiring.
Thanks
yizzyweezy:

Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by yizzyweezy: 7:52pm On Jun 20, 2019
libertyinc1:
Hello Sir......Please is there an email or number i could reach you with, i would like to discuss with you privately about thsi dropshipping business......I love what you are doing and its really inspiring.
Thanks

Sure

Hmu on WhatsApp- 090-506-99810

Due to the rules of Nairaland, I'd have to take off my number in 18-24hrs
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by mastercee(m): 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2019
yizzyweezy:

Sure

Sent a message to you on whatsapp but no reply
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by daddio(m): 10:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
yizzyweezy:

What error did you get?

It's complaining on the area code
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by justli: 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2019
yizzyweezy:

Incredible...
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by libertyinc1: 9:58am On Jun 21, 2019
Thanks a lot sir......i will call you soonest
yizzyweezy:

Sure

Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by sirfamous1(m): 10:46am On Jun 21, 2019
Hello sir.. Your number isn't reachable since yesterday.. Although I sent you a message on whatsaap but you have not respond pls check your messages.. Thanks.. God bless you
Re: ⭐⭐ Shopify Dropshipping 101: Taking A Nairalander From $0 - $1k In 30 Days ⭐⭐ by sirfamous1(m): 10:46am On Jun 21, 2019
sirfamous1:
Hello sir.. Your number isn't reachable since yesterday.. Although I sent you a message on whatsaap but you have not respond pls check your messages.. Thanks.. God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Make Money From Liberty Reserve Without Having A LR Account. / Nigeria To Begin Tracking Of Piracy Of Media Contents / Access Bank’s First Post-merger H1 PBT Hits N74.1bn, Declares 25k Interim Divide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 196
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.