Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. (10162 Views)

Web Development Isn't Lucrative Anymore. / Is It That There Is Nothing To Code Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. by pixey(m): 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
I think we should create a thread only meant for data scientists and aspiring ones.A thread like some form of forum where we can learn more about data visualizations, data analysis, machine learning and artificial intelligence not only in python but in R. This is very important for ourselves and nation.

3 Likes

Re: Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. by vichaz10(m): 11:27pm On Jul 14, 2019
Everyone seems to be jumping on the AI bandwagon. Folks, there is really no such thing as AI/ML.

All the principles and algorithms used today were solidified in the 1960s. There is nothing really new or Revolutionary here. The only real difference I could point out is raw computing power and speed. We can throw much larger data sets at a program and process the data much faster. That's the only difference.

What we need today and will continue to need for a very, very long time is programmers, not web developers, not full stack people, not bootcamper, but honest to god programmers.

Somebody that can distill a complex problem into its simplest components and organize them into a cohesive and maintainable product. Someone that has a logical and analytical mind and the ability to visualize the problem, extract the nuances from it. Sometimes we have to be mindreaders and know that when someone says this, they really mean that.

Don't buy into hype, jump off the fad bandwagon and just hone your skills.

Someday, 25 to 50 years from now, quantum computing may be realized, but until then, don't expect too much to change, we've been doing this now for 70 years, the 1st 20 were full of hardware and software innovation the preceding years are really all about the bare metal.

Think about it and just as in anything in life, know the history before jumping into the future.

***Exact frm a discussiom on quora
Re: Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. by stanliwise(m): 3:12pm On Feb 20, 2022
vichaz10:

***Exact frm a discussiom on quora
Well the post isn’t completely correct as it says 1960 has solidify most the foundation on what everything now is built upon. Well that is not correct and that is not true.
The concept of web wasn’t born until Tim found it and likewise most technics used today.
Re: Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. by BlaqFaze: 7:11pm On Feb 20, 2022
The OP is a f*cking DULL programmer wannabe... grin

A disgrace to the world of programming if he's actually a programmer angry

Dude literally said python is a replacement for c++ and nobody uses c++....God Nawa oh! cheesy
Re: Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. by Sheriman(m): 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2022
The tensor flow, AI and Machine Learning you are saying will surely be written with one programming language.
All these frameworks are now introduced to Android development using Java or Kotlin.
How can human programming become obsolete?
Re: Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. by ugwum007(m): 2:44pm On Feb 21, 2022
resosdigital:

grin
Graphical programming??

You know absolutely nothing about programming. Sorry to say

He knows absolutely nothing, Comrade
Re: Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. by ugwum007(m): 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2022
calculus4life:
Hello, I just started learning python through tutorial videos and I'm a newbie in programming my problem is I forget things I learnt after the videos so this make it so boring, pls how can I improved on it. Thanks

Then this path is not for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is Recommended For IT Startup? Mikrotik Vs Cisco (MTCNA Vs CCNA) / How Good Is Software Engineering Study In India? / Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.