Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop (1418 Views)

Pay For Your Phcn Bill Online / How Much Did You Pay For Your First Email Address? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by jomoreb(m): 10:20am On Sep 30, 2010
Okay am conducting a research, am thinking of building desktops and selling them to local retailers in Nigeria. I am in the U.S and I work on computers here, just curious, how much would a desktop with the following specs go for in a retail store?
AMD Phenom II X4 810 Deneb 2.6GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor
6GB of DDR 2 RAM memory
DVD/ CD Burner
640gb hard drive
HD tv ready built in video card
8 channel sound system
high speed internet ready with a 10/100/1000 network card
and the motherboard can handle up to 16gb of memory,

again this is a quad core processor, not a dual core, so it has twice the processing speed?

so if you are into this line of business or just happen to know prices, drop me a line,
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 30, 2010
$400
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by jomoreb(m): 10:25am On Sep 30, 2010
are you in nigeria or US, I would assume atleast $700
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by Jezzybrown(m): 10:27am On Sep 30, 2010
100 thousand naira or so. 400 dollars is too poor unless it is not branded
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by jomoreb(m): 10:31am On Sep 30, 2010
@jeezybrown: now thats more like it, do you know if it will sell well? where are you by the way
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by jomoreb(m): 10:33am On Sep 30, 2010
it is custom built but with all brand new parts, am trying to find out if there are retailers willing to buy it ,
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by Jezzybrown(m): 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2010
i stay in kaduna, pc and accessory is what i deal in.bt to be honest with you that pc will not sell well now because in nigeria few people value a desktop pc. And even those that do,anything above 60k will scare them away. If it was a laptop we were talking about, it will be a diff issue.
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by jomoreb(m): 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2010
well thanks for your honest reply, so basicly a $300 desktop will sell better than a$900 better faster desktop
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by Mobinga: 6:09am On Oct 01, 2010
Another thing that adds value to a computer is the Graphics Card.
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by jomoreb(m): 6:13am On Oct 01, 2010
well thanks for the input, its a built in ati radeon hd built in video card, with a side memory of 128mb, better for hi def tv's, but you can also use a regular monitor
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by Mobinga: 6:31am On Oct 01, 2010
You'll have to give the full model of the card, so we can tell you the pc's worth.
Press the windows key and R together, type dxdiag, press enter, a page would pop up then go to display, then post the first line here
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by jomoreb(m): 6:47am On Oct 01, 2010
Aight, am just trying to get a reading for how much a PC like this can go for in Nigeria, probably Lagos, Abuja, Anambara and probably Owerri too,
okay here are the specs,

Thermaltake Black SECC Japanese steel LANBOX Lite VF6000BWS Micro ATX Media Center Case

ASUS M4A785-M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI AMD Motherboard

Diablotek DA Series PSDA500 500W ATX Power Supply

AMD Phenom II X4 810 Deneb 2.6GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor

(3)PQI TURBO 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400) Desktop Memory Model PQI-25400-2GSB (total 6GB memory)

Western Digital Caviar Green WD6400AARS 640GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

SAMSUNG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black EIDE/ATAPI Model SH-S222A

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders ,

I hope that helps,

and I really do appreciate everyones comments and inputs, I really need to know how much someone like you (since most of you are computer saavy) would pay for the pc in Nigeria, like a ball park figure, atleast I can know if its worth me investing in it or not, nigga got bills
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by Jezzybrown(m): 6:48am On Oct 01, 2010
Seriously 128mb is too small. True it can play some games better than an intel card with 1gb bt 128 mb is too small for most games i know. 1gb of invidia geforce 9600 gt. Alone cost about N12000
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by jomoreb(m): 6:53am On Oct 01, 2010
read the entire specs above first, i might decide to throw in an nvidia 1gb ddr2 Hi Def ( am slightly obsessed with the hd stuff)video card on there if the price am getting for the whole thing turns out to be worth it,

See, I want to have a high end PC's and also slightly lower end PC's, The Higher end ones which will probably have an amd phenom II six core processor plus 1TB hard drive and a blu ray dvd player plus dvd burner and 8 GB's of RAm memory, thats more for Ebay , hopefully , thats the plan
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by JUO(m): 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2010
well thanks for the input, its a built in ati radeon hd built in video card, with a side memory of 128mb, better for hi def tv's, but you can also use a regular monitor

YOU ARE NOT ENGINEER U CLAIM TO BE, IMAGINE U CAN'T TELL A SYSTEM SPEC.

WHICH TYPE OF 128MB VGA HD IS THAT?

EVEN SOME P4 COME WITH 128MB VGA

SECONDLY YOUR PROCESSOR IS AMD WHICH DO NOT SALE WELL.

THIRDLY YOUR HDD IS 6400

WELL YOUR 95W Quad-Core Processor IS OK BUT IS STILL AMD.

DO YOUR RESEARCH WELL AND LEARN HOW TO STATE SYSTEM SPEC
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by jomoreb(m): 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2010
well thanks for the unnecessary info, besides I never claimed to be an engineer as you claimed, am a computer tech, I fix computers and build them on the side,
i can either argue with you about how silly your argument is or I can just let you think what you may, am probably going to choose the later

you do know you can assign more memory to a video card, its a built in video card which means you can always upgrade to something else , plus whats wrong with a 640gb hard drive?, if you have no better input, just dont reply, no need to waste time arguing with people who think because they now the diff bt a a mb and a gb all of a sudden they become critics,
and an amd phenom II quad core processor is just okay?, wow

again, the question was how much would you pay for a desktop like that, you can say 1000000 naira or 10 kobo, it doesnt matter, just a quote, you are not going to be contractually obligated to it, feel free to make comments but can it be on point , dont need "pc magazine editor" critic comments please
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by Mobinga: 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2010
JUO:

YOU ARE NOT ENGINEER U CLAIM TO BE, IMAGINE U CAN'T TELL A SYSTEM SPEC.

WHICH TYPE OF 128MB VGA HD IS THAT?

EVEN SOME P4 COME WITH 128MB VGA

SECONDLY YOUR PROCESSOR IS AMD WHICH DO NOT SALE WELL.

THIRDLY YOUR HDD IS 6400

WELL YOUR 95W Quad-Core Processor IS OK BUT IS STILL AMD.

DO YOUR RESEARCH WELL AND LEARN HOW TO STATE SYSTEM SPEC

omo guy shut d phuck up. . . .

@jomoreb u need to get an intel processor. . . it sells very well. . and a better graphics card

my 2 kobo
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by Jezzybrown(m): 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2010
i dont know about u guys bt where i stay AMD processors sell best because they are great for gaming which is what most guys buy their pcs for
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by jomoreb(m): 7:53pm On Oct 01, 2010
I really began to wonder about that, for the price of an i7 processor, i can do same with a good amd processor, for less money too
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2010
Amd is best for gaming platforms with solid 3D graphics and hardware acceleratn
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by jomoreb(m): 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2010
I think weve finally established that amd is also a good if not better processor than intel, especially price wise and performance wise, right, good, so that battle is done,

so again, lol how much would this fetch in a Nigerian city?  anyone? i mean am going for a close to accurate figure here but the way things are looking  am willing to take a random guess, lol
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by hackney(m): 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2010
The downer on the spec is the AMD bit.
Also the processor speed is average.
The disk size is impressive sha.

So i would say £350
Re: How Much Would You Pay For This Desktop by jomoreb(m): 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2010
well thats more like it, thanks for the quote, ill certainly put that into consideration, i kinda find the "thumbs down" attitude towards the amd processor a little amazing though, but in any case, am going to assume if you offered 350, that means it quite possible to make the selling price somewhere between 300 and 550 eu, good to know

(1) (Reply)

Help: Can't Play Games On My Laptop / Zain Blackberry Package / I Need A Used Laptop.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.