Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Are Hmos Delivering Up To Expectation? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Hmos Delivering Up To Expectation? (734 Views)

Realities Of Expectation / Expectation From Family Of Groom-to-be For Marriage Introduction / What's Ur Idea Of A Perfect Marriage? Remember Ur Expectation Could Be A Fantasy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Hmos Delivering Up To Expectation? by saintneo(m): 10:17am On Jun 06, 2019
HMOs are to provide easy accessibility to Health care for their users. Typically, a user will apply to use the closest hospital, pharmacy and diagnostics center for their health care.

Now I wonder why some HMOs ask a user to travel to Diagnostics Center A for over one hour by car at over ₦3000 to get a diagnostic service that can be rendered at Diagnostics Center B at ₦3000 which is 5 minutes walk from the hospital.

I am just very annoyed. My wife in her third trimester is being asked to visit a diagnostic center very far away when she could just do it at a nearby diagnostics center without stress.

Nevertheless, I can't allow my wife go through that stress, I paid; I'm just disappointed in Oceanic HMO.
Re: Are Hmos Delivering Up To Expectation? by saintneo(m): 10:19am On Jun 06, 2019
royalboy help me make FP
Re: Are Hmos Delivering Up To Expectation? by delishpot: 11:24am On Jun 06, 2019
saintneo:
royalboy help me make FP

If the center close to you is registered to their service then you can request them to let you go there.

1 Like

Re: Are Hmos Delivering Up To Expectation? by bigl: 10:28pm On Jun 06, 2019
saintneo:
HMOs are to provide easy accessibility to Health care for their users. Typically, a user will apply to use the closest hospital, pharmacy and diagnostics center for their health care.

Now I wonder why some HMOs ask a user to travel to Diagnostics Center A for over one hour by car at over ₦3000 to get a diagnostic service that can be rendered at Diagnostics Center B at ₦3000 which is 5 minutes walk from the hospital.

I am just very annoyed. My wife in her third trimester is being asked to visit a diagnostic center very far away when she could just do it at a nearby diagnostics center without stress.

Nevertheless, I can't allow my wife go through that stress, I paid; I'm just disappointed in Oceanic HMO.

They are not living up to their expectations jare and its all of them! They seem to be more interested in collecting money and not rendering services.

I wish govt can make nhis voluntary rather than compulsory.

Imagine the new rule now is you must come with picture of you (as the Principal) and your dependants "before" u can be attended to at any healthcare facility.

Normally, in your own case, they were supposed to give u a referal letter to the facility closest to u instead of having u travel several miles.

Bros, prepare to pay money for your wife's delivery if u want the best or else, nhis fit mess up o!
Re: Are Hmos Delivering Up To Expectation? by saintneo(m): 7:45am On Jun 07, 2019
bigl:

They are not living up to their expectations jare and its all of them! They seem to be more interested in collecting money and not rendering services.

I wish govt can make nhis voluntary rather than compulsory.

Imagine the new rule now is you must come with picture of you (as the Principal) and your dependants "before" u can be attended to at any healthcare facility.

Normally, in your own case, they were supposed to give u a referal letter to the facility closest to u instead of having u travel several miles.

Bros, prepare to pay money for your wife's delivery if u want the best or else, nhis fit mess up o!
felt very bad yesterday

1 Like

Re: Are Hmos Delivering Up To Expectation? by bigl: 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2019
saintneo:
felt very bad yesterday

Hmmm ... it is well.

God will provide for u in Jesus name, amen.

Nothing is guaranteed in this our homeland and its very sad but i don't think it will continue like this forever!
Re: Are Hmos Delivering Up To Expectation? by Gboliwe: 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2019
saintneo:

No HMO has the right to do this! I don't believe they did either. It's not part of their duties.

Doctors prescribe not HMOs.
Re: Are Hmos Delivering Up To Expectation? by saintneo(m): 7:29pm On Jun 07, 2019
Gboliwe:

No HMO has the right to do this! I don't believe they did either. It's not part of their duties.

Doctors prescribe not HMOs.
Apparently, they did.
Re: Are Hmos Delivering Up To Expectation? by Gboliwe: 3:47am On Jun 08, 2019
saintneo:
Apparently, they did.

No, they didn't.

You may have misunderstood the whole thing.

You have any proof they did? Report them.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Handle Such Neighbours / If You See Money On The Ground/road,what Will You Do About It... / Women Deserve Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.