Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe (27592 Views)

First Made-In-Nigeria AK-47 Codenamed OBJ006 By The Army (Pictures) / My Near-Death Experience On 31st December 2020 / Nigerian Police Mobile Force Killed In 5 Hours Battle With Boko Haram (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by Lizzysamuel(f): 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2019
Yoruba man shares his near death experience with Boko Haram?and the army in Yobe State and its the most hilarious story you.

A Nigerian writer and content creator on Twitter 'Uncle Demola' just shared his first hand experience with Boko Haram Terrorists and how the Nigerian Army responded in Yobe State.In his terrifying yet hilarious story, he appreciated the Nigerian Army for their gallantry and swift response to what could have been a massacre.

Follow his story below...

So, last week, I experienced firsthand, exactly what it is like to live in the Northeast region of Nigeria. ?That place is a perpetual war zone and worst still, the fighting can begin at any time without prior warning.

A thread on my encounter with the horror of Boko Haram.My final destination was Potiskum - an insurgency ravaged town. The plan was to witness and cover the commissioning of public structures previously destroyed by Boko Haram fighters.

The projects were reconstructed by @VSFNigeria as part of its duty to rebuilf the Northeast.To get to Potiskum by air, you'll have to fly to Maiduguri airport in Borno and then proceed to Potiskum via Damaturu, & a few other towns in Yobe state.The roads are fair but heavily guarded as military bases, trenches and checkpoints were scattered everywhere.

Real warzone!Almost every corner in Damaturu had at least 2 armed soldiers. The security around the government house is always on high alert.If you visit Yobe state, seeing that much guns could make you feel safe but it also meant, there's a high level of insecurity in the neighbourhood.

Fast forward. We wrapped up the event in Potiskum, headed to Damaturu to get some sleep, then head back to catch our flight in Maiduguri next day.Back in my hotel, I felt; "Well nothing bad happened despite the perception of this place, so nothing can happen."I was wrong!Just a few minutes after leaving Damaturu towards Maiduguri, we saw vehicles facing one-way, horns blaring, headlamps flashing, hands waving.

Vehicles in from of us started making immediate U-turns. Oh shit! The worst has happened.Immediately, we parked and turned around.I was confused AF. I asked people in the bus what was happening.They just casually told me that Boko Haram had taken over the road & it's possible they're marching towards Damaturu

.LMFAOOoo, I wan mad. Na Boko Haram dis people de refer to like say na Fadeyi Boys de fight??Me: "Excuse me, what's happening? Why are people turning around?"It was as if my ears were paining me when they said it is possible that they're marching towards Damaturu.

I asked where we were. They said Damaturu.Waaaaait!!! Na here dem go pass Dem say yes!!!Haaaa! KNDFY!!! ... I jumped down from the bus! ?I sha stood close to the Mopols that were with us. So, we started discussing alternatives.What do we do?

Is there another road?
Should we just go back to Damaturu?
Should we reschedule our flight?
Should we go and pass Jigawa?Can't explain how I was feeling. ?While we were waiting to decide on the next step, mobile police officers stationed inside the bushes, ran out of the bushes close by with their bags and food plates.

One I spoke with said he has 5 children at home.LMFAOOooo... Who wan die?They told us to be on the lookout, that if we see anything unusual, we should alert the few security guys with us.We were told that 3 weeks prior, BH launched an attack on that same village we were at the moment.

So, it is possible they're already closeby.Shit hook me! ?While we were looking out for BH guys, I was re-evaluating my entire life and wondering why it is this place of all places I chose to end it. ?

Haaaa!"God if I make it out of here alive, I will join the church choir and serve you for the rest of my life", was the next prayer!Apparently, the military guys manning the checkpoints had called for backup because they didn't have enough men on ground to repel the incoming attack.

The best plan was to lay an ambush and wait for the Boko Haram fighters to walk into it.In a few minutes, backup arrived.Immediately I heard the sirens approaching, oko mi leeeeee!!!Guess what came in?Several army trucks, JTF trucks, local vigilantes, RPG launchers, 50 calliber BMGs mounted on armoured trucks.

Iyalaya anybody... I almost signed up to join the Army. ?Inna me veins!!! Ahan awon boys didn't come to play at all. ??I felt ashamed sha. Small small boys are carrying gun to fight Boko Haram, I'm here pressing phone while they risk their lives for one purpose and one purpose alone, so that I can press phone in peace. ?God bless @HQNigerianArmyAnd then, more men arrived.

I immediately had another erection. Kilode?? Morale was high. Men were ready to fight. The people were cheering. Perfect recipe for victory!TBH, I was terrified and at same time, excited. ??Just look at this beautiful scenery.

They have their bad moments no doubt but when these men are at work, there's no doubting how important they're to us.These men face death daily voluntarily. Make we nor lie, e nor easy!As the military, civilian JTF, vigilantes and NSCDC advanced to the suspected Boko Haram entry point, we followed closely behind.

They stopped, disembarked and took positions while we stood from a distance to watch the action unfold.It was tense for real.After the guys positions, we waited.

Few minutes of waiting and looking far into the desert just on the right side of the road, we started seeing what looked like a Boko Haram advance party. A truck and a car following closely.

Immediately, soldiers moved in to engage.The soldiers, with guns pointed, started approaching the truck slowly.They signalled the driver of the truck to stop. He obeyed and a man half-dressed in military gear jumped out of the truck.

He walked slowly towards us with his hands up while guns were still pointed at him.As soon as he reached us, the soldiers on ground ID'd him and found out that he's also a soldier of the Nigerian Army.Apparently, he was a "spotter". He told us the BH guys had turned back when they realised an ambush was waiting for them in front.Who informed BH? Hmmmmm.

So, when it was confirmed that the Boko Haram guys had retreated, the soldiers also retreated back to where we're standing.You can see them in this clip, disembarking from the sand dunes that that served as position mount for the ambush.This hero right here was my favourite soldier for that day. ??

Man was ready to eat Boko Haram cockroaches for lunch. Armed with an RPG with 2 extra grenade heads and a semi-automatic rifle fitted with a 50-round drum magazine, this man is a killing machine.After 2 hours of laying an ambush and waiting for Boko Haram, we were finally given clearance to continue our trip to Maiduguri.

The entire road was opened to commuters again.We got into Maiduguri just in time for our flight back to Abuja.

What I witnessed & heard from soldiers & policemen on ground about the unending war is incredible. Not going into that today.I just want to use this thread to appreciate the gallant men of the @HQNigerianArmy today.We'll talk about the entire war some other time.Bless! ?

Watch the video
https://zenithnaija.com/man-shares-near-death-experience-with-boko-haram-and-the-army-in-yobe/

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by Lizzysamuel(f): 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2019
Watch The Scary Video HERE

1 Share

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by Correctgist(f): 4:59pm On Jun 06, 2019
Nawaoo
Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by youghs: 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2019
God protect our soldiers..Amen

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 06, 2019
Question
1: Nigeria as a country is a crime against humanity. Discuss.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by davillian(m): 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2019
Who informed them of the ambush and why did the military back up blew sirens if their plan was to lay ambush.
Ambush is suppose to be stealth .

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by TANID(m): 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2019
Thank God You're Still ALive

6 Likes

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by Onlinealaba(m): 6:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
Is a known fact that this insurgency has come to stay, terrorism is not a conventional war . God bless all the rugged men at the frontline

1 Like

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
The question is who informed boko haram that they were running into an ambush? angry angry

Too many moles I the NA angry angry

14 Likes

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 06, 2019
[quote author=ikennaf1 post=79081273]Question

1: Nigeria as a country is a crime against humanity. Discuss. [/quote lol �

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by MrPsalmist(m): 6:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
FTC
Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by Pusyiter(m): 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2019
Like it or leave it, we have one of the finest Army in the world but the Army leadership has been politicised and have turned our soldiers to glorified boys brigade

7 Likes

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by mistacoco2: 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hmm, Nigeria army might never win BH years to come, when this report came that the Boko boys were advancing why not send drones to check where they movement and point where they will dispatch than allowing them to go just like that.

There is something fishing about this Boko Haram dramer.

12 Likes

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by bellazz(m): 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
living and surviving in this country right now is tiresome

1 Like

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
He walked slowly towards us with his hands up while guns were still pointed at him.As soon as he reached us, the soldiers on ground ID'd him and found out that he's also a soldier of the Nigerian Army.Apparently, he was a "spotter". He told us the BH guys had turned back when they realised an ambush was waiting for them in front.Who informed BH? Hmmmmm.

This exactly is the reason the army will never win the war against Boko Haram, among them there are moles giving Boko Haram information.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by Respect55(m): 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
Who informed the boko guys that the soldiers had laid in wait for them with extra artillery

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 06, 2019
I'm sure he realized that age had nothing to do with being a man. Those young soldiers were the men while he, older civilian was the boy.

When poo goes down, real men stay in front. Kudos to all brothers in arms. Oorah cool

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by Cowmilk(m): 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
God bless the Nigerian army

1 Like

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
God bless our military men. And God bless their families. I wish I cld still join d army at my age to fight along side great men.

1 Like

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by Emyjeze(m): 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
Na wa ooo.... What a tragedy
though i didn't read but since it relates buhari's brothers, it must be bloody and sorrowful

4 Likes

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by stevearagorn(m): 6:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
MrPsalmist:
FTC
for your dream about?
Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by jieta: 6:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
g
Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
Bokoharam is really loosing their touch! They have gone soft and grown fat due to choping buhari dollar payments !! They need retraining on how to.do their job better
[img]https://media1./images/d1f80665564122d4a25526ecf6fe237a/tenor.gif?itemid=3972513[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe by montumonami(m): 6:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Caught Vandalising First Bank's Generator Set At Ilupeju, Lagos / Gunmen Kidnap Corpse & Mourners In Enugu, Demand ₦50M Ransom / Nigerian Man Arrested At Malawi Airport For Attempting To Externalize $7000 (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.