Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai (12666 Views)

Photos Of Danjuma Goje And His New Wife / Danjuma Goje Remarries Younger Wife / Lawan, Goje, Ndume, Adamu Battle For Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by Mrakeli: 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has applauded Sen. Danjuma Goje (APC-Gombe Central) for stepping down for Sen. Ahmad Lawan (APC-Yobe) in the race for Presidency of the 9th Senate.

El-Rufai spoke with State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja after he, Lawan, Goje and Senator-elect, Uba Sani (APC-Kaduna Central) emerged from a closed door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday.

He said that Goje had withdrawn from the race for Senate Presidency and endorsed the candidacy of the Lawan, who was the preferred candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“We discussed steps to unify our leadership in the National Assembly starting with the senate.

“I am very pleased to announce that distinguished Sen. Goje has agreed to fully endorse and support the choice of the party and that of the President within the Senate; that is Sen. Lawan.

“We are very grateful to Goje for his sacrifice, patience; this discussion has been going on for a long time and I am honoured to be part of it and I am grateful to him for recognising the many years we have worked together when he was minister.

“I know him to be a man of impeccable integrity and a man of his word and I am very honoured that he has come to see the president and to conclude this matter once and for all,” he said.

On his part, Goje thanked his supporters and associates across the country, who had been urging him to declare for the Senate Presidency.

He said that, as an elder statesman in the Senate for a long time, he should be able to appreciate leadership coming from the party elders.

Goje said that in spite of the calls from his supporter, he had because of his loyalty to the president and for the interest of the party, decided to step down from the race.

“Instead, I am supporting the party’s position thereby endorsing the candidature of Sen. Lawan.

“I am not compelled to step down; I have been winning my elections many times from local government to House of Assembly, to National Assembly to governorship and I was also a minister.

“To say that I have been threatened to support somebody, no! I am supporting Lawan based on my own conviction that I am doing the right thing for our country, for our president,” he said.

Speaking, Lawan thanked Buhari, El-Rufai and Goje for the making agreement possible.

He said that the endorsement by Sen. Goje was going to bring so much unity in the APC and indeed in the entire Senate in a bi-partisan fashion.

“I believe that is the way to go, we want to go to the ninth Senate focused and united right from onset, kick start our activities which is very important at this time.

“The country needs a senate that is focused and united for optimum performance and I believe that the senators-elect will be happy to hear that this has been achieved.

“I want to thank Sen. Goje, he is very experienced politician like he has said; he has been in this business much longer and than most of us really.

“I respect him; even when there were so many clamours for him to run for the position of the president of the senate, he never came out to publicly to declare.

“Even though he had enormous respect and following, he has willingly chosen to respect the wishes of the party and president, is the best position any politician could take,” he said.

He thanked those who had been working behind the scene to try and broker the understanding, adding that the race had been changed for the better

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/06/06/senate-presidency-gojes-sacrifice-appreciated-el-rufai/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by Imoh555(m): 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
Thrash

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by tommykiwi(m): 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
Can Hell-rufai do same for his deputy?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by stevearagorn(m): 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2019
Coming
Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by LUGBE: 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
Not good to democracy

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by oluwasegun007(m): 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
Pre and post election brouhaha...

When will this entity move forward...
Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by Nellybank(m): 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
Small witch
Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
Okay
Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by feezy(m): 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2019
Okay nah
Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by Richdad50(m): 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
shocked

El-rufai is now a step ahead of Bola Tinubu in the dirty race to APC ticket. It will get ugly as we draw closer to 2023 however, Tinubu can never be President. Mark my words!

Richdad

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by AngelicBeing: 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
Imoh555:
Thrash
Gbam cheesy
Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by mmb(m): 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
Wailers right now

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by vicfajeze: 3:46pm On Jun 06, 2019
[quote author=Mrakeli post=79076954]Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has applauded Sen. Danjuma Goje (APC-Gombe Central) for stepping down for Sen. Ahmad Lawan (APC-Yobe) in the race for Presidency of the 9th Senate.

El-Rufai spoke with State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja after he, Lawan, Goje and Senator-elect, Uba Sani (APC-Kaduna Central) emerged from a closed door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday.

He said that Goje had withdrawn from the race for Senate Presidency and endorsed the candidacy of the Lawan, who was the preferred candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“We discussed steps to unify our leadership in the National Assembly starting with the senate.

“I am very pleased to announce that distinguished Sen. Goje has agreed to fully endorse and support the choice of the party and that of the President within the Senate; that is Sen. Lawan.

WHO WILL NOW STEP DOWN FOR GBAJABIAMILA?
Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by dheilaw1(m): 3:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
Imoh555:
Thrash
the matter pain you no be small

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by Lordknowz: 3:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
Very good one! The Flatish being that knows nothing about national politics won’t be happy at this!

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by 12345baba(m): 3:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
Man of impeccable integrity......With this same ostrich mouth of his will he use to dent goje's personality at any given time.
Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by fikiman7000(m): 3:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
By now,i think there should be no excuse if you guys go on to lose on that day
Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by HisSexcellency(m): 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
Just trying to imagine a scenario where after all these lobbying to get lawan into senate presidency seat, and bros refuses to play ball after six months. grin

A case of oshiomhole and Godwin obaseki comes to mind tongue
Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by iammo(m): 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
grin
Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by LEOZYOJIJI: 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
Nice one

Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by Beedude(m): 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

El-rufai is now a step ahead of Bola Tinubu in the dirty race to APC ticket. It will get ugly as we draw closer to 2023 however, Tinubu can never be President. Mark my words!

Richdad
Seems Tinubu is giving u sleepless nights?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by blackmantis: 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2019
Waiting for Ndume
Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by encryptjay(m): 3:52pm On Jun 06, 2019
El Rufai no dey stay for Kaduna again?
Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by Imoh555(m): 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
dheilaw1:
the matter pain you no be small

Everyone is not as stupid and dependent on government as you are... Don't ever quote me stupidly if not thunder will strike you
Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad

Who are you by the way? God??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by LANDLORD72: 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
Apc gobe
Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by Ayoefa: 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
The wailing delusional brainwashed IPOB monkeys are disappointed right now. More misery and disappointments will come their way soon.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Goje’s Sacrifice Appreciated —el Rufai by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
Oloriburuku ni ee..wetin tinubu do you? Ooh because he destroyed PDP or what? Have you ever had a physical contact with tinubu before? Why the hate ?
Richdad50:
shocked

Richdad

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muhammad Yahaya: Tinubu Will Defeat Atiku In The North-East / Ajuri Ngelale Berates PDP For Attempting To Come Back In 2023 / Baby Girl Welcomed At Malkohi IDP In Yola (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.