Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? (4816 Views)

Interested In Pos/agent Banking? Here Are Some Tips You Need To Know / Firstmonie Agent Banking now In your neighborhood / Agent Banking With Opay. Register And Get A Free POS For Your Business Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2019
Good evening nairalanders.

I want to start up an agent banking business, how much will it cost me and what are the requirements?

Thanks in advance.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by HarunaWest(m): 8:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
HarunaWest:

Thanks sir but can u pls explain further, if you don't mind? Like getting a POS from the bank, what are the requirements for that?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by HarunaWest(m): 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2019
Nmahgood:

Thanks sir but can u pls explain further, if you don't mind? Like getting a POS from the bank, what are the requirements for that?
Depends on the bank...The bank will usually issue you the POS and the agent banking software or procedure.. They will open a till account for you to carry out your transactions..

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
HarunaWest:

Depends on the bank...The bank will usually issue you the POS and the agent banking software or procedure.. They will open a till account for you to carry out your transactions..

Ok...thanks a lot
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by keneryhark(m): 9:09am On Jun 07, 2019
can help you get a pos for as little has 10,000 naira. all you need is to guarantee that you can make 50,000 naira monthly transaction on the pos. the software you would be working with is called fet wallet and the pos is an android pos. reach me on WhatsApp 08059290962
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by sterlingD(m): 1:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
HarunaWest:
Please which of the banks?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by Larriekay: 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
Nmahgood:

I want to start up an agent banking business, how much will it cost me and what are the requirements?

Thanks in advance.
Be your own boss, with Bestbet360 Agent the Number 1 Sportbet company in Africa, you are entitle for commission, Bonus and Jackpot. With Just 20k and you will be given Virtual Decorder for free, banner, T-shirt and some other Ogbonge benefit. E.g Free installation of dish, User friendly Platform for agent and Online customer to navigate. For more enquiries you can : Contact me on. 08182219268.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by HarunaWest(m): 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
sterlingD:

Please which of the banks?
Zenith Bank Plc
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by winnah(f): 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2019
Nmahgood:

Thanks in advance.

No much requirement.. For Union bank / first bank.
For Union bank u must have a registered business name with CAC....
While with first bank, you can do it with your personal name ( but its advisable to run it with a registered business name.. Because of the incentive and scope of operation, e.g open an account, process ATM for ur customer, remitance service, paybills, airtime sales,received deposits/withdrawal.etc)

Your income is on commission bases,
All the services u rendered have different commission I scale..but in terms of deposits your at liberty to set your charges based on the viability of ur location or competition..

The requirements:::
Just go to first or Union bank and request to open an agent account... Then you'll be guided through...

Just think of a good location ( in this business location matters a lot) and shop then design it the way u would want it to be.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by blackpanthar: 10:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
stop feeling depressed. Talk about it with someone.... I follow your write up and I guess things may be hard but look on the bright side, you have contributed much to people's lives... they may not admit it but you are doing your part and you may not be where you want to be yet but you must never give up on the hustle.

God bless you ma.

Nmahgood:

Thanks in advance.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by Greenarrow01(m): 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
Nmahgood:

Thanks in advance.

Sis. Pls I saw your post on the depressed thread and I felt so sorry for you.
Have you seen someone to talk to.
Do you have a WhatsApp.
I feel so sorry for you and I know what you re going through
Pls be strong.
Things will get better. And hopefully you will smile again
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by Mizwisdom(f): 4:29pm On Jun 21, 2019
OP, regarding your dairy, why haven't you ever thought of seeking solace in Church? Find a good church, seek the wife of a pastor or if it's a Catholic church ask for a Reverend sis or any elderly Christian mother and pour out your heart to them. You should also volunteer to work there even as a cleaner until you find your bearing.

If you're not OK with this, go to hospitals and ask for cleaning jobs, one thing I know is that cleaning and sales jobs are in high demand. Don't work in bars, hotel or restaurants as a young lady. Good luck
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by aywagze(m): 8:44pm On Jun 21, 2019
INTERSWITCH Financial Inclusion Services Limited (IFIS) is the division of the interswitch group which has the responsibility of making financial services more inclusive especially to the unbanked population of Nigeria.

Make good profit when you become a Quickteller Paypoint agent to offer these services:
- Sell Airtime.
- Send & Receive Money.
- Pay Electricity Bills.
- Renew Startimes, GOtv & DSTV Subscription.
- Pay Insurance Premiums.
- Redeem Lottery/ Gaming Winnings.
- Settle Retail Taxes.
- Fund Mobile Wallet etc..
- You Only need ANDROID Phone OR Interswitch POS.
- ...for more inquiries.
Phone: 0 8 0 6 7 8 8 7 8 4 7
Whatsapp : 0 8 0 6 6 8 8 7 8 4 7

⚠️⚠️you must have an existing business location⚠️⚠️
Note::: you will make #5000 payment (new agent capital) to fund your wallet when you are created on PAYDIRECT.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by dayleke: 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2020
Nmahgood:

Ok...thanks a lot

Hi.
Lost your digits.
Can you resend, pls?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Start Up An Agent Banking Business? by steadymichael(m): 8:46am On Feb 20, 2021
I am a P.O.S agent and it cost me only 5000 naira to be an agent of POS in Union Bank. All you need to do is enter a union bank, tell them you want to open a current account... After the account has been opened, wait for a week, go back to the bank and ask them to give you a POS request form... Feel it and return it.. they will call you after two weeks to come and pick it up.
But make sure you have at list 20000 in your account before you request for the POS.

Thanks in advance.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Advice Needed On Starting A Restaurant/bar Business. / Betting Made Easy ( Bet With Sense ) / Intelligence Prime Capital is the best way to make money 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.