Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation (32278 Views)

NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription / FG Lodges Complaint Over Live Sex On Bbnaija With NBC / AIT Back On Air — 24 Hours After NBC Sanction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Odingo1: 9:11pm On Jun 06, 2019
Nigeria going down day by day, boom is loading, Buhari will sink Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Femeto: 9:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
Dokpesi learning the hard way. He should bring back our stolen money.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by blacknp(m): 9:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

Show me one non-partisan media house in Nigeria.
254 on DSTV Channels TV.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 06, 2019
sexiestharam:
When will TVC and Channels be suspended? Are they not also very partisan and biased?
NBC is under lie Mohammed's control.Tvc and channels are pro apc.

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by chidaddy1198(m): 9:13pm On Jun 06, 2019
How many of us read the letter. Who among us saw the word Warning. If we had read the letter through please like when u see warning letter.

3 Likes

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
Belial06:

I wanted to insult you yehn again I remembered you are stuck in Nigeria and by the grace of the almighty God you and no one in your family will ever be given visa to anywhere they will all be denied so you will be stuck there and feel the full brunt of the coming recession..

While I will be here laughing and smiling at your pains and hunger so I decided not to insult you and let karma take it's full course grin

why on earth are you projecting? all you poor wretches wailing about buhari economy because you have never been able to earn a honest naira in your life. these last few years of the notorious buhari economy have been good to me. i have had more work than i have known what to do with.

instead of bleating like an illiterate, ask yourself when last you tuned in to anything from DAAR communications. that is how dead the business is. how many times did dokpesi do keep the dream alive? like FFK and reno the online self-servicer, there is nothing left for them but rabble rousing, hate mongering and trolling.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
No more freedom of speech?
Second time this is happening to Daar.

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Guyman02: 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
Minjim:
Ait had it coming.

You can't say because your owner is in the opposition so you should throw all caution into the wind.

For those shouting that it's partisan.
Is NBC a political party?

So the sanction given to Oando is apt, the verdict in Zamfara is well deserved.
But this is lopesided abi?

Hypocrisy kill you there

NBC DG Modibbo Kawu contested elections in Kwara under APC and lost and went back to his office which is against the rules, he was supposed to tender his resignation when contesting in an election. That makes him partisan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Lordknowz: 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2019
Seems a fake news! Yet some pipu don Overpara! Even pipu wey never watch AIT for years lol.

I no Dey watch any of those station! I don’t even know what happened exactly!
Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Guyman02: 9:15pm On Jun 06, 2019
blacknp:
254 on DSTV Channels TV.

Channels TV is APC supporting station, there is not difference between them and NTA, watch channels for 2 hours and give your verdict

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by blacknp(m): 9:15pm On Jun 06, 2019
cucumbae:
NBC is under lie Mohammed's control.Tvc and channels are pro apc.
It is quite obvious you get your info from the radio,do you know who John Momoh is,you miserable Miscreant?

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by 8stargeneral: 9:17pm On Jun 06, 2019
so, no freedom of speech in this country again,who can give me visa to Somalia ples, tired of a country that lead by dictator.

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by haq123: 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2019
sincerely speaking Ait is biased.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Octopusssy(f): 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2019
naptu2:

I just don't. I haven't watched the station since c2010.
Wow, I was still in secondary school then. I haven't watched it since the mid-2000s, when I was writing my Junior Weac

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by blacknp(m): 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
Guyman02:

Channels TV is APC supporting station, there is not difference between them and NTA
Like I said you no dey watch tv,you get your info from the radio.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by BitmapStudios: 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
naptu2:

They weren't suspended for being partisan.

The NBC sent Daar Communications a letter that contains all the rules that were violated by Kaakaki Social. It has nothing to do with APC or PDP.

The broadcasting code has rules that prohibit the use of inciting material that can lead to public unrest. AIT allegedly broke these rules on several occasions when they broadcast material about Niger Delta militants and Fulani herdsmen
Fair enough. But the third sheet contains a scenario that was claimed to have occurred on the 28th of May but it's surprising that this very letter was dated on the 27 of the same May. Any reason for this?
cool

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by naptu2: 9:21pm On Jun 06, 2019
tactius

I've just learnt that in addition to what was written in the letter, the NBC also suspended their license because:

1) They have not paid their license fees (that is, they are owing the NBC)

2) They broadcast a documentary about the presidential election petition. This is a matter that is before the court and therefore sub judici (that is, it cannot be discussed outside the court until it makes its ruling).

That second point means that AIT might have more trouble ahead, because they can be held to be in contempt of court if it is true.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by wellmax(m): 9:21pm On Jun 06, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

Partisanship is different from inciting violence and sharing obviously fake news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by SocialJustice: 9:21pm On Jun 06, 2019
Frankiss44:

OK.. Then what's the suspension all about? Or it hasn't taken effect yet?
Let's keep watching.
Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Belial06: 9:21pm On Jun 06, 2019
ornicus:

why on earth are you projecting? all you poor wretches wailing about buhari economy because you have never been able to earn a honest naira in your life. these last few years of the notorious buhari economy have been good to me. i have had more work than i have known what to do with.

instead of bleating like an illiterate, ask yourself when last you tuned in to anything from DAAR communications. that is how dead the business is. how many times did dokpesi do keep the dream alive? like FFK and reno the online self-servicer, there is nothing left for them but rabble rousing, hate mongering and trolling.
grin
Like I said , you are stuck forever in Nigeria and the neck breaking poverty you were raised in will hold you and yours hostage and break you to pieces grin

You will beg for sustainance grin

Mark these words

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by naptu2: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2019
BitmapStudios:

Fair enough. But the third sheet contains a scenario that was claimed to have occurred on the 28th of May but it's surprising that this very letter was dated on the 27 of the same May. Any reason for this?
cool

You'd have to ask the NBC about that.

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by blackboy(m): 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2019
tactius:
To be honest, this is not too funny.

While AIT has been very partisan, and sometimes biased...the truth is, we are running a democracy. We are supposed to have freedom of speech.

On the other hand, the truth also is that some of the content AIT has broadcast...can be used for 'unfortunate ends'.

In 1966, the rebroadcast of some fake news on a government radio station led to the reigniting of pogroms against members of a certain tribe in this country, which eventually provoked the Civil War and led to millions of deaths.

The truth is, NBC suppose ban a lot of people. Not just AIT, not all in the opposition.
NTA no?
Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by entreprelaptop(m): 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
Certainly there are rules and guidelines but what I decode here is apparent suppression of freedom of speech and political vengeance undertone but they should be aware of the decremental result of this decision and how it will affect the labour market especially now that companies are downsizing

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2019
tactius:
To be honest, this is not too funny.

While AIT has been very partisan, and sometimes biased...the truth is, we are running a democracy. We are supposed to have freedom of speech.

On the other hand, the truth also is that some of the content AIT has broadcast...can be used for 'unfortunate ends'.

In 1966, the rebroadcast of some fake news on a government radio station led to the reigniting of pogroms against members of a certain tribe in this country, which eventually provoked the Civil War and led to millions of deaths.

The truth is, NBC suppose ban a lot of people. Not just AIT, not all in the opposition.
That means nbc suppose start with that rubbish NTA, and FRCN

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by babyfaceafrica: 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

punch is fair,channels is also
Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by TheTourist: 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2019
AND WHAT HAPPENED TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH? OR HAS THE CONSTITUTION BEEN AMENDED?

HOW MANY OPPOSITION MEDIA HOUSES DID GEJ CLOSE DOWN EVEN WHEN ALOT OF DIVISIVENESS WAS PREACHED DURING HIS TENURES....

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?! I WON'T JOIN FORCES WITH YOU...

QUOTE ME AGAIN WHEN YOU'VE WATCHED CNN FOR ONE HOUR. Bye for now.

Ategberoson:

always quick to compare. if Donald Trump have his way, he could have done that beside American are one unlike Nigerians that are divided with tribe and religion.

no president would sit down and watch a business personnel to cause unrest through his media outlet in the country he's governing. I'm sure this would be settle soon

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2019
Belial06:

grin
Like I said , you are stuck forever in Nigeria and the neck breaking poverty you were raised in will hold you and yours hostage and break you to pieces grin

You will beg for sustainance grin

Mark these words

poor wretch . this is you on another thread.

Belial06:

Every one needs a godfather be realistic

small wonder. what an incompetent loser and bum. no wonder you are falling over yourself to suck off dokpesi, the serial with-holder of salaries

i will repeat myself, while some are wailing about the economy, some of us are comfortable and unfortunately overworked. if you happen to move around in circles of the underemployed - sucks to be you. by their friends you shall know them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2019
Octopusssy:
This is discombobulating! I am flabbergasted!! Flummoxed!!! Confounded!!!!

NBC's decision shows there are no sacred cows in the industry. Essentially, every media house in this geographical expression are merely part of the Hoi Polloi in the scheme of things.

The industry must be cleansed and delivered from the tripartite demons called Fake News, Partisan Politics, and Brown Envelope Journalism.

Pele... Patrick obaiegbor pikin.

This has political undertones. Dokpesi should know prior to 2015 that he was signing up for a chess game of politics that will either consume or make him.

AIT then was d platform for all kinds of unbuharistic, unjagabanistic campaign of calumny. Dokpesi collected his fees in billions and unfortunately his political travesty ended in a defeat that wrecked PDP (his party) and all it's structures save for few isiagbonsha like Wike, Fayose etc.

Dokpesi shouldn't expect an undemocratic APC government to pat him on the back for the bar job did pre 2015 election.

Lessons learnt
1. Don't mortgage your business for political career.
2. Don't throw stones if you can't fight.
3. Select your fight.
4. Don't jamtalk if your father is not a Mayweather...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by babyfaceafrica: 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2019
Octopusssy:

Let's be very objective here- would you say that AIT has been irresponsible in their news presentation and reportage?
very irresponsible...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by sacx: 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
Octopusssy:

Wow, I was still in secondary school then. I haven't watched it since the mid-2000s, when I was writing my Junior Weac

2 Likes

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by thatigboman: 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
sexiestharam:
When will TVC and Channels be suspended? Are they not also very partisan and biased?
TVC especially

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends DAAR Communications License Of Operation by frowland(m): 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2019
Nwodosis:
The withdrawn license should be added to the Fulani radio license for the visualization of their targets!
e pain this one. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Khafi: I Am Waiting For Gedoni To Propose To Me With A Ring / Grammys 2017: The Full List Of Winners / Fire guts Sir Gabriel Igbinedion’s ITV Benin (Photos From The Incidence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.