Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,379 members, 7,800,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Reasons You Shouldn't Listen To Secular Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Reasons You Shouldn't Listen To Secular Music (498 Views)

Price For Fame ,and Glory In The Secular Music Industry / Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music / Is It Good For Christians To Listen To Secular Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons You Shouldn't Listen To Secular Music by NaijaTushboy(m): 12:25am On Jun 07, 2019
Secular music influences your behavior – You’re listening to these profane, sexually, and drug filled music, and you think that you’re going to be okay? Let’s be serious. Secular music will have you cursing like nobody’s business. Your mind becomes more sexually driven because a song about “laying someone out on a table” is always in your ears. Even if you’re a virgin, you are constantly thinking about sex. I’m a virgin, and when I listened to lustful music, sex was on my mind and sometimes in my dreams. Maybe you like drinking and smoking. Where do you think that idea started? Most likely, your music choice, unless you grew up in a family that drinks and smokes in front of you constantly. Your favorite songs/albums made you feel like drinking and smoking is a cool activity. If you were not into profanity, sex, drugs, and alcohol before listening to secular music, maybe this is why you have changed as a person. Secular music can make you a wild person not just in your actions, but in your mind. You’re singing about cheating on your best friend’s boyfriend, and you’re probably saying “I’m just singing the song.” but now you can’t get your mind off of your best friend’s boyfriend. There’s this song called ‘Bust Your Windows’ by Jazmine Sullivan, and I’ve read that so many women have busted the windows out of their cheating boyfriend’s car because of this song. Secular music changes your mood – Do you ever wonder why you are aggressive after listening to music? Do you become sad after listening to music? I believe that this is the enemy bothering you through music. I remember I was listening to a Drake album and I was cleaning the kitchen with anger. My dad asked me “why are you so angry?” I said “I don’t know. Nothing is wrong with me.” He listened to the music in my earphones and said: “Maybe it is the music that you are listening to.” I thought to myself maybe he’s right. Secular music might be holding many people back. So many people are stuck in the depression spirit because they might be attached to the wrong music. I hear many people listen to sad music while they are full of sorrow, but they should be listening to music that makes them happy. Secular music cannot help you become better – This section is for the lukewarm Christians. The ones that think that they can grow closer to God and still listen to worldly music. Secular music does not glorify God. It is the opposite of God. Any music that deals with lust, drugs, profanity, and alcohol are NEVER going to put you closer to God. All of that goes against the Bible, so why do you think that God is okay with you listening to that music? Why do you think that music will bring you closer to God? I’ll wait for your response. The Bible says in Mark 7:20-23 that what you put in you is impairing you to move forward to God. Verse 21 and 22 shows all of the wickedness stored in your heart, such as evil thoughts, sexual immorality, murder, adultery, and so much more. Check it out. Secular music will give you anxiety, and your mind will race – You’re probably thinking “no, my life gives me anxiety and makes my mind race.” However, how do you think the anxiety spirit is starting? It’s starting from the music that you sow into you. You’re listening to secular music, and you become fearful of life. Maybe you are the type of person that listens to dark secular music. Darkness will always make you fear for no reason. The enemy wants you to be afraid of going to another level in your life like getting a new job, going to school, feeling hopeless or wanting life to end up shorter than God intends. The mind races because you are feeding the flesh secular music instead of feeding your spirit. God will give you so much peace if you start listening to Gospel/Christian music. Secular music will make you feel trapped – The “Trap music” genre is pretty popular right now for people in the world and people that call themselves Christians. The genre name itself tells you that you are trapped. The devil is trapping you into this music so that you can never get to Christian music. He knows that those beats are going to keep you hooked. He knows you don’t care what the words say, but as long as the beat is right, you’re enjoying Trap music. Some of you are speaking bad things about yourself because you are singing the lyrics aloud. Cc lalasticlala,mynd44

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Shouldn't Listen To Secular Music by deleson: 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2019
Your points are the very valid.

Just like every other music, secular music affects the mind, but negatively.

May people be wise to understand this and amend their ways.

(1) (Reply)

[mixtape] DJ Law – Good Vibes Mixtape Vol. 1 / Ebiere – I Go Survive (gospel) | / Sella Malaika – Ogun Orun Ft. Oritse Femi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.