Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan (21294 Views)

Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race / Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan / BREAKING: Senator Goje Withdraws From Senate Presidency Race, Endorses Lawan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by sogodihno: 8:08am On Jun 07, 2019
geosuzzy:
Ndume has every right to contest for the top seat....and for those calling him boko haram leader should be ethically impugned....if he contest and lose I still respect him than the useless sellout Goje who allowed to coerced to one corner....if the legislative arm of the govt is in the executive pocket who will challenge the executive when they start misbehaving? I don't believe in imposing candidate on the senate is the only way the APC govt will achieve is party manifesto or policies

This madam is in pain. lawan is the senate president. sorry o

1 Like

Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 07, 2019
geosuzzy:
Ndume has every right to contest for the top seat....and for those calling him boko haram leader should be ethically impugned....if he contest and lose I still respect him than the useless sellout Goje who allowed to coerced to one corner....if the legislative arm of the govt is in the executive pocket who will challenge the executive when they start misbehaving? I don't believe in imposing candidate on the senate is the only way the APC govt will achieve is party manifesto or policies

All the challenge Saraki gave the executive what did it amount to for the ordinary people? Sarki don cashout don go while miscreants keep hailing him.
We dont want challenge, governance is not about superiority contest...we want national assembly that will work together with executive for the benefit of the people.

Was David Mark a stooge to GEJ? NO! But he wasn't unnecessarily challenging GEJ even when he could. Instead, He worked with GEJ

7 Likes

Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:13am On Jun 07, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Lol it pain him they no invite him to Aso villa . Inconsequential fellow go ahead and contest create more enemies for yourself oponu respect your party decision.
what is the meaning of "OPONUN " I greeted my Yoruba Oga yesterday with that word, I said oponun sir. He stop talking to me since then, hope Nairaland guys hasn't put me in trouble oh, I think it's kind of compliments.
Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 07, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
what is the meaning of "OPONUN " I greeted my Yoruba Oga yesterday with that word, I said oponun sir. He stop talking to me since then, hope Nairaland guys hasn't put me in trouble oh, I think it's kind of compliments.

You are the biggest opunu!
Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:26am On Jun 07, 2019
Blainz:

You are the biggest opunu!
welcome. Thanks
Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by edibobo: 8:34am On Jun 07, 2019
Goje withdrawn due to the corruption charges levelled against him and he was thretened by the power that be.

For Ndume's own, it would be that of Boko Haram case he's been facing
Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by OyiboOyibo(m): 8:45am On Jun 07, 2019
He is a man with balls....
Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by Konki: 8:52am On Jun 07, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Lol it pain him they no invite him to Aso villa . Inconsequential fellow go ahead and contest create more enemies for yourself oponu respect your party decision.

Oponu square, his party's decision is superior to the law of the land?

When there is conflict between party's decision and law of the land, which one should be obeyed first?

Brain dead zombie!

1 Like

Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by SirBunky85(m): 9:22am On Jun 07, 2019
aolawale025:
What Nigeria doesn't want now is any stooge. The contest should be free and fair
evn his fellow senators won't vote him.in fact,dino or abaribe will evn garner more votes dan dis vindictive ndume

1 Like

Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by SirBunky85(m): 9:23am On Jun 07, 2019
Crying4NIGERIA:
Ndume might nick this.he has the support of the pdp guys.
He might do what saraki did
evn saraki will support lawan dan supporting ndume

1 Like

Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by BuhariAdvocate: 9:31am On Jun 07, 2019
The meaning of oponu is (arrive) so if you tell your boss oponu you're not say anything bad.
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by lexy2014: 9:32am On Jun 07, 2019
odiereke:
Politician who knows what he want.

Am beginning 2 love d guy
Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by lexy2014: 9:33am On Jun 07, 2019
Blainz:

All the challenge Saraki gave the executive what did it amount to for the ordinary people? Sarki don cashout don go while miscreants keep hailing him.
We dont want challenge, governance is not about superiority contest...we want national assembly that will work together with executive for the benefit of the people.

Was David Mark a stooge to GEJ? NO! But he wasn't unnecessarily challenging GEJ even when he could. Instead, He worked with GEJ

Pls what challenge did Saraki give d executive?
Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by lexy2014: 9:35am On Jun 07, 2019
yemmight:
Ndume, the Boko Haram himself. He will be disgraced at the end. You can imagine head of boko haram leading the Senate.

But is he d one who said a fight against BH is a fight against d north?

2 Likes

Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by lexy2014: 9:38am On Jun 07, 2019
sogodihno:
e withdraw o, e no withdraw o. he is a looser already.

I also thought trump was a looser. He was no match 4 Hilary honestly speaking. I don't no y he didn't withdraw
Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by Chinwatakweaku: 11:02am On Jun 07, 2019
Plz who else noticed the face of that journalist in black hat...Lols
Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by redroom: 11:15am On Jun 07, 2019
Blizzy9ja:
The only way they can be independent and not seen as rubber stamp is to elect Ali Ndume as the senate president

a boko haram sponsor??

1 Like

Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by Oladelepsy001(m): 11:31am On Jun 07, 2019
I don't really understand the political calculation of Ndume, he was part of the few APC members who supported Saraki to become the Senate president of the 8th assembly... it occurs to me that Ndume feels what played out in 2015 will repeat itself..... okay... let me stay tune to observation mode, as June 11th is around the corner.
Lawan all the way!!!

1 Like

Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by Ekpeitit(m): 11:32am On Jun 07, 2019
IgbereBlog:
The Senator representing Borno South, Ali Ndume, has again, vowed not to step down for any candidate in his quest to be the Senate President of the incoming Ninth National Assembly, Igbere TV reports.

He said he was going to contest on the Floor of the Senate on June 11, despite the endorsement of Senator Ahmed Lawan by his party, the All Progressives Congress, APC.

He was reacting to the the withdrawal of Senator Danjuma Goje (APC, Gombe) from the Senate Presidency race.

Igbere TV had reported that, Goje, Chairman of Senate Committee on Appropriations, on Thursday said he was stepping down to support Senate Leader Ahmad Lawan for the position.

Goje’s decision to step down came after a closed-door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the presidential villa, Abuja.

Speaking with journalists on Thursday in Abuja, Ndume said he had no reason to visit President Buhari at the villa in order to step down for Senator Ahmad Lawan, who is the candidate of the APC for the position.

The former Senate leader also dismissed a social media report that he was invited to the Villa by Buhari who directed him to stop his aspiration to contest for the Senate President position.

He said, “Nobody has invited me to the Villa. There won’t be cause for it. My quest to contest the Senate President election Insha Allah on Tuesday next week stands.”

The election of the Ninth Assembly leadership is expected to take place at the first session of the House on Tuesday, June 11, reports Igbere TV.

http://igberetvnews.com/752788/breaking-ndume-speaks-on-withdrawing-from-senate-presidency-race-for-lawan/

Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by Ekpeitit(m): 11:33am On Jun 07, 2019
This one will soon become politically irrelevant like Saraki,once you begin to challenge the party that you used to get where you are you are finished politically.
Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by Back2Daura(m): 11:57am On Jun 07, 2019
[quote author=yerokunphilips post=79091126][/quote]

The president and the Chief Justice of Nigeria and now the proposed candidate of the APC can't also be from the same religion. It leaves the other religions vunurable and submissive to policies of the opposite faith thereby leading to anarchy in the long run.it is important these issue is addressed at the inauguration of the 9th NASS.
Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by Blizzy9ja: 12:04pm On Jun 07, 2019
redroom:

a boko haram sponsor??
Is the founders of boko haram Ali Modu Sheriff not a card APC?
Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by tuniski: 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Exercising his right to contest an election is tantamount to creating enemies? You are simply impossible omo offa.
Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by BuhariAdvocate: 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2019
You don't know anything except attacking Buhari.
tuniski:

Exercising his right to contest an election is tantamount to creating enemies? You are simply impossible omo offa.
Re: Ndume Speaks On Withdrawing From Senate Presidency Race For Lawan by tuniski: 12:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
You don't know anything except attacking Buhari.
Is anything wrong with attacking Buhari just as you worship him?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Won’t Stop Bombing, Militants Tell FG / INEC Vehicle In Akwa Ibom Conveying Ballot Papers Involved In Accident (Photos) / Lagos State Comissions 100 Housing Unit At Ikate, Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.