Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Business Ethics And The Nigerian Factor - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Ethics And The Nigerian Factor (5687 Views)

Business Attitude And Business Ethics Of A Computer Business Centre. / Forex Trading Vs Nigerian Factor. Who Wins? / Your Definition/examples Of "the Nigerian Factor" Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Ethics And The Nigerian Factor by Reference(m): 5:12pm On Sep 30, 2010
Fellow Nairalanders, will you offer goods and services (particularly high networth services) to those you know or are widely known in society to have corruptly enriched themselves; Is this a moral or economic challenge and how do you evaluate the risks/rewards. On the other hand if you have done so inadvertantly do you feel you are part of the nation's problems and wish to seek restitution. Can you live with it.
Re: Business Ethics And The Nigerian Factor by knice(m): 8:24am On Oct 07, 2010
Exporting of locally agricultural products like cashew,charcoal,chillipepper and many more is a thriving business I will recommend for anyone who can afford the start-up capital.If you are a beginner, we assist you with all the resources,start-up kits & valuable Information to start./07033097160 A nice day.
Re: Business Ethics And The Nigerian Factor by gajidele: 11:56am On Oct 07, 2010
What is the startup capital like?

1 Like

Re: Business Ethics And The Nigerian Factor by omolayo1(m): 7:43pm On Oct 24, 2010
@poster
Deriving Business Ethics from the Profit Motive/Nigeria factor. Some business people argue that there is a symbiotic relation between ethics and business in which ethics naturally emerges from a profit-oriented business. There are both weak and strong versions of this approach. The weak version is often expressed in the dictum that good ethics results in good business, which simply means that moral businesses practices are profitable. For example, it is profitable to make safe products since this will reduce product liability lawsuits. Similarly, it may be in the best financial interests of businesses to respect employee privacy(oneside), since this will improve morale and thus improve work efficiency etc.

Alot of things can be said about ethics but most important is that ethics to any business person/persons is a culture/standard the business follow which will favour whoever involve in it.

in nigeria contest: do whatever its take to make sure your company is at the saver side at all cost.
Re: Business Ethics And The Nigerian Factor by ecabbage1: 1:08pm On Oct 29, 2010
hai friends,
Good business ethics should be a part of every business.Many major brands have been fined millions for breaking ethical business laws. Money is the major deciding factor. Billion dollar profits blind the companies to their lack of business ethics, and the dollar sign wins.so every business should follow business ethics for the development of their business.
Re: Business Ethics And The Nigerian Factor by marcchardy: 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2010
hi,
We should follow the Ethics for the developmentbusiness without following proper ethics many business have failed. first we should follow and maintain a good ethics to come over in the business sector
Re: Business Ethics And The Nigerian Factor by emmyigwe: 5:03pm On Oct 29, 2010
thank you for your lovely tip.  can get more on my blog below about online business in nigeria
Re: Business Ethics And The Nigerian Factor by bobis: 5:19pm On Nov 18, 2010
Where do u find to read about funding on Nigeria?
Re: Business Ethics And The Nigerian Factor by iice(f): 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2010
omolayo1:

@poster
Deriving Business Ethics from the Profit Motive/Nigeria factor. Some business people argue that there is a symbiotic relation between ethics and business in which ethics naturally emerges from a profit-oriented business. There are both weak and strong versions of this approach. The weak version is often expressed in the dictum that good ethics results in good business, which simply means that moral businesses practices are profitable. For example, it is profitable to make safe products since this will reduce product liability lawsuits. Similarly, it may be in the best financial interests of businesses to respect employee privacy(oneside), since this will improve morale and thus improve work efficiency etc.

Alot of things can be said about ethics but most important is that ethics to any business person/persons is a culture/standard the business follow which will favour whoever involve in it.

in nigeria contest: do whatever its take to make sure your company is at the saver side at all cost.

Interesting
Re: Business Ethics And The Nigerian Factor by dguvnur(m): 12:56pm On Feb 01, 2011
THE RIGHT BUSINESS TO BECOME
WEALTHY IN NIGERIA

What would it be like to feel Rich? In this write up, I will be showing you the right strategies to become wealthy in 2011 and beyond.

In today’s uncertain Economy, the safest solution to be wealthy be in total control and Enjoy personal freedom for you and your family is to have multiple streams of income.

Before I will give you some of the multiple stream of income you can go into to make money, I will like us to start from the basics. To make money or to be wealthy in any part of the world, you must first & foremost, be prepared mentally, emotionally and psychologically. Business is not something you can just dive into just like that. You must first work on your self and mindset.

In the business of making money, there is always a period of preparation, continue-http://dguvnurbusinessconcept.com/blog
Re: Business Ethics And The Nigerian Factor by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 06, 2011
interesting topic.
Re: Business Ethics And The Nigerian Factor by JohnNgene: 10:00am On Jan 04, 2018
Your intelligent comment on that N300,000 thread led me here.

If I understand your question well here, you're asking, for example, that if Diezani (who is widely assumed to be corrupt) walks into my shop will I agree to do business with her? Or if she employs me to be her fitness-coach will I agree?

My answer is:
Why not? She is simply paying for my goods or service. If she were to gift me the money, that will be another question.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Order For Goods And Pay Online With Nigerian Bank Issued Credit Card Through Pay Pal Portal / Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate For March 2024 (lagos Parallel Market / Baby Diapers And Sanitary Napkins Distributors Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.