Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei (36597 Views)

Voice, Data Services Affected By Undersea Cable Cuts Restored - NCC / Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 / MTN Announces Massive Price Cuts And Free Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by SpeedyData: 11:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
martineverest:
yeah...the man is a daredevil.

another reason is stealing of intellectual property by Chinese companiesand Chinese government....otherwise known as priracy

Americans,European, Japanese,Korean and Taiwanese companies spend billions on research and development,Chinese companies either hack into the servers of those companies and steal their research work or use their intellectual property without paying royalties.this is a big offence in western world and china let their companies get away with it.

china especially have oppressed her neighbours: Japan,south Korea and Taiwanese by stealing their research work and using it to develop their technologies..those countries couldn't take actions because they are smaller than china.with trump's sanctions,those Asian countries,who are American allies are happy and will benefits l immensely

Perfect analysis. Though i still feel this sanction will have little effect on them because of how fast they have grown in both population and technology. Who knows, they might even come out stronger.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by doggedfighter(f): 11:27pm On Jun 07, 2019
Psoul:

This is how to pronounce it. It is a Chines word that means Chinese Achievement
Pronounced: (/ˈhwɑːˌweɪ/; "Wah-Way")
Thanks for this
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by MiddleDimension: 11:51pm On Jun 07, 2019
Psoul:

This is how to pronounce it. It is a Chines word that means Chinese Achievement
Pronounced: (/ˈhwɑːˌweɪ/; "Wah-Way")
it means ''For China''.

华 ---- means China or anything chinese
为 ---- means ''for'' or any other word or phrase not too far in meaning

and it is not pronounced the way you have put it. the way you put it is the same way the English man would pronounce the word.

the best way to know the pronounciation is to go the pinyin way
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Hugo7(m): 11:55pm On Jun 07, 2019
AmNuhRegular:
What did they really do to deserve this seff grin
They did what American government do.. Spying, only that this time they spied the wrong guys

1 Like

Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by uuzba(m): 12:20am On Jun 08, 2019
martineverest:
yeah...the man is a daredevil.

another reason is stealing of intellectual property by Chinese companiesand Chinese government....otherwise known as priracy

Americans,European, Japanese,Korean and Taiwanese companies spend billions on research and development,Chinese companies either hack into the servers of those companies and steal their research work or use their intellectual property without paying royalties.this is a big offence in western world and china let their companies get away with it.

china especially have oppressed her neighbours: Japan,south Korea and Taiwanese by stealing their research work and using it to develop their technologies..those countries couldn't take actions because they are smaller than china.with trump's sanctions,those Asian countries,who are American allies are happy and will benefits l immensely
Just a China piracy video i saw on DW to buttress your point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBp7saKd7ig
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by MiddleDimension: 12:27am On Jun 08, 2019
lomprico:

It defiantly will but they say necessity is the mother of invention.

Symbian was a one time king of phone OS but where is it today?

necessity is not the mother of invention, the ability to wonder is!

necessity only makes you defensive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by MiddleDimension: 12:35am On Jun 08, 2019
musicwriter:

Their ''offense'' is that China is advancing scientifically and technologically and the West are now playing catch-up in certain areas. Western nations believes that its their birthright to pioneer science and technology so that they could use it to continue to control the world. They believe that scientific knowledge in the hands of other nations poses a threat to the west. By the way, that's also the real reason for their fracas with Iran and North Korea, though, it has been successfully propagandized as stopping them from building nuclear bomb. They simply don't want them to know what they know about nuclear energy technology.

The reason they smile with us over here in Africa is because they've systematically designed how to perpetually keep us in a box, and they know we're deeply asleep. Any day the African continent wake and begin talking about things, like; putting our native languages above English or French or we begin pioneering certain branch of scientific knowledge or technology, we will face same barrage of sanctions (like Huawei) from western nations. I wish this could happen in my lifetime because Africans would realize that all these talks of poverty alleviation in Africa by Western nations is a scam. That could just be when Africans would realize that white people want us to be their slaves forever. Sadly, they've already trained Africans that would at such a time come out to tell us that science is not good for us.

my dear, no one hates you!

africans have to embrace philosophical enquiry and be not afraid to know that what you have always known is a lie! we should be more and more open to beauty of the universe and stop mistrusting the scientific method as a very good method of knowing the true nature of things.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Nuelonyi: 1:56am On Jun 08, 2019
tomdon:
Good one
what's good about this?
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by udemzyudex(m): 3:18am On Jun 08, 2019
nkemjacob2:
I'm still yet to get a clear reason for this matter. The fact is all this tins happening to Hawai company is only make them to be strong. Trust me Chinese are not fools they can cripple the. America market.

You know nothing about economy, stop displaying your ignorance online.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by DemonInSiege: 3:21am On Jun 08, 2019
Tomide007:

It can't be pre-installed but can be installed.... Means when you buy the product you won't see facebook app there but you can download it and use..... #pre-instalment is what they banned

Install it on what Operating System?
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by DemonInSiege: 3:26am On Jun 08, 2019
[s]
musicwriter:

Their ''offense'' is that China is advancing scientifically and technologically and the West are now playing catch-up in certain areas. Western nations believes that its their birthright to pioneer science and technology so that they could use it to continue to control the world. They believe that scientific knowledge in the hands of other nations poses a threat to the west. By the way, that's also the real reason for their fracas with Iran and North Korea, though, it has been successfully propagandized as stopping them from building nuclear bomb. They simply don't want them to know what they know about nuclear energy technology.

The reason they smile with us over here in Africa is because they've systematically designed how to perpetually keep us in a box, and they know we're deeply asleep. Any day the African continent wake and begin talking about things, like; putting our native languages above English or French or we begin pioneering certain branch of scientific knowledge or technology, we will face same barrage of sanctions (like Huawei) from western nations. I wish this could happen in my lifetime because Africans would realize that all these talks of poverty alleviation in Africa by Western nations is a scam. That could just be when Africans would realize that white people want us to be their slaves forever. Sadly, they've already trained Africans that would at such a time come out to tell us that science is not good for us.
[/s]

The same White people use Hausa Fulani to oppress Nigerians and you love it.

Nigeria can't be successful as a country unless we change our system
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by hermesprogidy(m): 3:55am On Jun 08, 2019
In other news, Russia has just signed a contract with Huawei to build the country's 5G infrastructure. Huawei is marching on.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by eki2000(m): 4:03am On Jun 08, 2019
Offpoint1:
That's their problem, my problem is... I still can't pronounce the phone name. I always end up pronouncing the phone name as "Tears" in Hausa language.
the correct pronounciation is "Wawei"
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by martineverest(m): 6:35am On Jun 08, 2019
SpeedyData:

Perfect analysis. Though i still feel this sanction will have little effect on them because of how fast they have grown in both population and technology. Who knows, they might even come out stronger.
Huawei sanction is just the tip of the iceberg...trump has increased the tax on Chinese goods imported to USA,this is already showing negative effect on Chinese dwindling economy..any retaliation from china will land china into more trouble and this will plunge their economy into recession
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Richie4richie16(m): 8:21am On Jun 08, 2019
Am telling you but one thing I know is huawei will cum out stronger. Those guys are growing fast with 5g and other technology coming up.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Psoul(m): 8:22am On Jun 08, 2019
MiddleDimension:

it means ''For China''.

and it is not pronounced the way you have put it. the way you put it is the same way the English man would pronounce the word.

the best way to know the pronounciation pronunciation is to go the pinyin way

Please teach us the way to pronounce it here. Use phonetic notations or ordinary way it may sound to the ear.
We will be grateful if u can do this. Thanks
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Richie4richie16(m): 8:23am On Jun 08, 2019
martineverest:
Huawei sanction is just the tip of the iceberg...trump has increased the tax on Chinese goods imported to USA,this is already showing negative effect on Chinese dwindling economy..any retaliation from china will land china into more trouble and this will plunge their economy into recession

What was really the issue for all this
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by martineverest(m): 8:33am On Jun 08, 2019
Richie4richie16:

What was really the issue for all this
the issue is nationalism

also,china is fond of playing on american's intelligence.no American presidents has been able to react until now,cos they felt it would hurt their citizens

1 Like

Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Borntofuck: 8:39am On Jun 08, 2019
When two elephants fight the grass suffers it
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Psoul(m): 9:08am On Jun 08, 2019
MiddleDimension:

it means ''For China''.

the best way to know the pronounciation is to go the pinyin way

Bro, I think you are wrong here. I stand to be corrected. Ur correction above is misleading.
I had to ask a Chinese working for us here for the pronunciation as a Traditional Chinese and the sound is not different from what I wrote earlier. I also went online for different view and saw that what I wrote earlier is correct.

In Chinese pinyin, it is Huáwéi, and pronounced [xwǎwéi] in Mandarin Chinese; in Cantonese, the name is transliterated with Jyutping as Waa4-wai4 and pronounced [wȁːwɐ̏i].

Huawei - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huawei

Secondly, what u put up here as the meaning of Huawei is not very correct.

Try to make a research on this more.
Thanks
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by MiddleDimension: 9:24am On Jun 08, 2019
Psoul:

Bro, I think you are wrong here. I stand to be corrected. Ur correction above is misleading.
I had to ask a Chinese working for us here for the pronunciation as a Traditional Chinese and the sound is not different from what I wrote earlier. I also went online for different view and saw that what I wrote earlier is correct.

Huawei - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huawei

Secondly, what u put up here as the meaning of Huawei is not very correct.

Try to make a research on this more.
Thanks

ok, thanks
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by SpeedyData: 9:56am On Jun 08, 2019
martineverest:

Don't you think this will make China work towards marketing their own OS the more?

The biggest effect for now is that the US has the power to even influence some other countries loyal to them.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by martineverest(m): 10:38am On Jun 08, 2019
SpeedyData:

Don't you think this will make China work towards marketing their own OS the more?

The biggest effect for now is that the US has the power to even influence some other countries loyal to them.
china already have their own android..they don't use the type of android u see in naija...They don't have Google, Facebook, whatsapp, Instagram, YouTube, playstore etc.
the problem is that only china use their own android....if they decide to bring their own Android to other countries,it will fail..have u wondered why windows mobile, blackberry and tizen is failed ?
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Tomide007: 11:46am On Jun 08, 2019
DemonInSiege:

Install it on what Operating System?
Huawei has rolled out its operating system that is compatible with all android apps. You can google it.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by DemonInSiege: 12:52pm On Jun 08, 2019
Tomide007:

Huawei has rolled out its operating system that is compatible with all android apps. You can google it.

I have checked it and haven't seen it, can you please post the link here?

Are you saying facebook can't stop Huawei from using their apps in Huawei version of Android? ?
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Nowenuse: 3:09pm On Jun 08, 2019
APOPTOSIS:

And Someone here is telling me that the U.S. can't shutdown the INTERNET

Who told u that? America controls the internet abeg. They created it, they own it and control most of it.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Nowenuse: 3:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
Equity15:
wait but y'all saying China started the ban first cos of fbk and co...now, cos baba buhari banned rice importations from Thailand and co, does it mean it's right for Thailand to place a ban on buying or using our oil( assuming they buy our oil and in very large quantity).

Of course.
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by lanre316: 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2019
lomprico:
All this might just make them stronger

It didn't make ZTE stronger. They nearly died. Same with Toshiba. There are some powers you don't just mess with.

Huawei will surely suffer unless US stops the onslaught. People had already stopped buying Huawei products and their sales are dwindling as I speak.

Lesson: Don't mess with the great USA!!!
Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by lanre316: 3:40pm On Jun 08, 2019
SpeedyData:

They can develop any OS they like but what good is any OS outside China without Google, YouTube, Gmail, Facebook, WhatsApp, SD card support etc etc. Nobody in the world outside China would buy it. That's the power that US has globally. The earlier China/Huawei come to terms with them, the better for them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2019
olioxx:

Will you keep kwayet!!
So it is USA or Russia that don't copycat abi?
Sir, are you still an ethical Hacker?

1 Like

Re: Usa/china Faceoff: Facebook Cuts Off Huawei by olioxx(m): 4:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
CHIMDIYA4EVA:

Sir, are you still an ethical Hacker?
Nein

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

In terms Of Data Plan, Which Network Is Your Best In 2015? / Google Engineer Apologizes After Photos App Tags Two Black People As Gorillas / How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.