Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:39 PM

Meet Lagos State Parks And Gardens Agency - LASPARK. PICTURES. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Lagos State Parks And Gardens Agency - LASPARK. PICTURES. (4005 Views)

Labour Party Stalwarts Meet Lagos APC PC On Alliance For Sanwo-Olu / LASPARK Partners VERSECOM, IHS Nigeria To Set Up Hub For Tech Startups / Meet Lagos State Infrastructure Asset Management Agency (LASIAMA). PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Lagos State Parks And Gardens Agency - LASPARK. PICTURES. by deomelo: 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2019
masseratti:
Norway.... Am not a PDP fan though but the loan incurred is outrageous.

You can not say it's outrageous without details like Income Vs Debt. Debt Vs Loan interest rate and payment Terms and so on.

Lagos state's debt is a good debt simply because they spent it on quality infrastructures and they make more than enough money to pay off their debt.

One man's huge debt is another man's small debt, it's all relative.
Re: Meet Lagos State Parks And Gardens Agency - LASPARK. PICTURES. by naptu2: 3:39am On Jun 08, 2019
theenchanter:
off-topic.

Pls, is the owner of the three identical residential towers in VI (1st pic, by d right) also the owner of Eko energy estate in eko atlantic? Noticed it's d same design.

Cc masseratti.

I was a kid when this controversy was playing out, so I heard the rumours (that the governor owned the estate) before I discovered the facts. I'm not going to mention names.

The buildings in the first picture are known as Eko Court. They were built in the early 1970s.

The buildings were owned by a very famous civil servant, but the rumour was that it was actually owned by the then governor. Then Murtala Muhammad became head of state and the buildings were seized and handed over to the Lagos State Government during Murtala's anti-corruption campaign.

The famous civil servant passed away, but his estate kept fighting to reclaim the properties. President Ibrahim Babangida handed the properties back to the man's estate, but General Abacha reversed that decision.

Then followed a long court battle between the man's estate and the Lagos State Government. The Lagos State Government eventually won at the Supreme Court in the early 2010s and the estate is managed by the Lagos State Property Development Corporation (LSDPC).

(Murtala's investigation panel investigated virtually all public officers at the time and they said that the governor had no case to answer. The governor was one of the few public officers that were not found guilty of corruption).

Eko Energy Estate at the Eko Atlantic City is owned by a former vice president of Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Lagos State Parks And Gardens Agency - LASPARK. PICTURES. by Nobody: 4:01am On Jun 08, 2019
Please let no one spoil my joy here. How Will people intentionally spoil a good thread like this? Must there be fight all the time? I suggest that Politicians and tribal bigots should stay away from agric- related discussions like this...let there be peace!
Re: Meet Lagos State Parks And Gardens Agency - LASPARK. PICTURES. by deomelo: 5:20am On Jun 08, 2019
naptu2:

Cc masseratti.

I was a kid when this controversy was playing out, so I heard the rumours (that the governor owned the estate) before I discovered the facts. I'm not going to mention names.

The buildings in the first picture are known as Eko Court. They were built in the early 1970s.

The buildings were owned by a very famous civil servant, but the rumour was that it was actually owned by the then governor. Then Murtala Muhammad became head of state and the buildings were seized and handed over to the Lagos State Government during Murtala's anti-corruption campaign.

The famous civil servant passed away, but his estate kept fighting to reclaim the properties. President Ibrahim Babangida handed the properties back to the man's estate, but General Abacha reversed that decision.

Then followed a long court battle between the man's estate and the Lagos State Government. The Lagos State Government eventually won at the Supreme Court in the early 2010s and the estate is managed by the Lagos State Property Development Corporation (LSDPC).

(Murtala's investigation panel investigated virtually all public officers at the time and they said that the governor had no case to answer. The governor was one of the few public officers that were not found guilty of corruption).

Eko Energy Estate at the Eko Atlantic City is owned by a former vice president of Nigeria.

In 2015, the billionaire politician described Intels as his most successful business. Intels is Nigeria's biggest oil and gas logistics company.

It is the operator of the Onne, Warri, Calabar and Lagos (Eko) port complexes. Its parent company, Oreant Invest, also owns luxury residential estates across the country, including Eko Energy Estate domiciled inside the Eko Atlantic City.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201706280023.html

Atiku of course.
Re: Meet Lagos State Parks And Gardens Agency - LASPARK. PICTURES. by theenchanter: 5:28am On Jun 08, 2019
naptu2:

Cc masseratti.

Wow..... enlightening.
Thanks.!
Re: Meet Lagos State Parks And Gardens Agency - LASPARK. PICTURES. by masseratti: 7:40am On Jun 08, 2019
naptu2:

Cc masseratti.

thanks Naptu... You are a blessing to most of us on this forum.
Re: Meet Lagos State Parks And Gardens Agency - LASPARK. PICTURES. by perfectgen(m): 1:20pm On Jun 08, 2019
masseratti:
thanks Naptu... You are a blessing to most of us on this forum.

Seriously; I get enthralled by Naptu2 acuity on issues of history. I suspect he is one of the older generations with an avid sense of history, a sharp memory and wide reading.
These are the kinds of people who should help us write historical books on the generational changes within the country.

Lest I forget, Lagos Parks is one of the legacies of Fashola that Ambode got right; it somewhat gave Lagos the feel of a metropolitan State. I hope they keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Lagos State Parks And Gardens Agency - LASPARK. PICTURES. by deomelo: 10:49pm On Jun 08, 2019
perfectgen:

Seriously; I get enthralled by Naptu2 acuity on issues of history. I suspect he is one of the older generations with an avid sense of history, a sharp memory and wide reading.
These are the kinds of people who should help us write historical books on the generational changes within the country.

Lest I forget, Lagos Parks is one of the legacies of Fashola that Ambode got right; it somewhat gave Lagos the feel of a metropolitan State. I hope they keep it up.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9585391_a_jpeg14a53cac5a312f3d1ad4980fec051d42

He did, but he messed at the same time with JJT park. You ever wonder why he did not honor Fashola like he did former governors Johnson, Jakande and Tinubu? It's like Fashola was never a governor in Lagos state.

Ambode is not the governor of Lagos state because of his shady, mean spirited, petty and childish ways.
Re: Meet Lagos State Parks And Gardens Agency - LASPARK. PICTURES. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 31, 2019
Nice work bro, Pls kindly respond when you see asap

a client in v.island wants my coy to cut some trees for them in their facility, and i know one request a laspark permit, i have mailed them severally no response and call the number on their web all to no avail, kindly furnish me with cost of the permit, cos i need to send the client a quote and as well their office, maybe i can visit. thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Meet Lagos State Parks And Gardens Agency - LASPARK. PICTURES. by BreconHills(m): 11:37am On Jul 31, 2023
naptu2:

Cc masseratti.

I believe the commissioner in question now has a hall in Alausa named after him. So all swords sheathed? It is nice when legal and issues do not obscure any good work done by the people concerned. Its a balancing act that's worth the effort.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umahi Presents 2022 Appropriation Bill Of ₦145.4bn To Ebonyi House Of Assembly / President Buhari Appoints Board And Management Of NNPC Limited / Viral Video Of Tinubu’s Hand Shaking Like Jellyfish In Saudi Arabia (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.