Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please (36870 Views)

Urgent: My Nails Are Growing Too Big, Any Medical Reasons For This? / Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) / Any Medical Cure For Pile?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by biomedics(m): 8:22pm On Jun 07, 2019
Decidual reaction is the earliest indication of possible pregnancy that can be demonstrated on ultrasound scan even before the appearance of the thinnest gestational sac.

If serum PT says positive and there is evidence of decidual reaction on scan, just relax and repeat the scan in a week time for confirmation and to rule out ectopic gestation. It is safe to say she is gravid.

1 Like

Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Zombicmodz: 8:23pm On Jun 07, 2019
Nothing pathological
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Thomthom(m): 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2019
Offpoint1:
Them give you something for hospital, you no ask wetin e mean you carry am waka come nairaland.

Make I no talk my mind

If transgender mean person switching him sex, then transvaginal mean dem wan remove her vaginä and put prick there or dem wan transport the vaginà go lap and scan am.

let her panic abeg
Guy collect

Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Freddonance(m): 8:26pm On Jun 07, 2019
The most important question will forgot to ask the op is " when was his wife's last menstrual period...

That with ultrasonic evidence of decidual reaction can give us clue if the woman is pregnant or not.... TVS can't detect pregnancy as early as 2-3wks

1 Like

Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Moganajoe: 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2019
OWNwithEASE:
My wife went for a blood test in 2 different labs and the result from both centers indicates She was pregnant. We did a scan but the scan did not see She was pregnant, we were then advised to do Transvaginal U/S scan. Our next appointment with the doctor is next week but She is not at peace at the moment. Pending the time we see the doctor next week, Pls any medical practitioner should explain what the statement of result mean

You could have asked the doctor adviced you to go for Transvaginal U/S test to explain to you , Many of thses nairaland resident doctors may not explain it well to you.
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by yconcrete: 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2019
https:///Ewmt8WRUt6r06MWW0pEtl7 educational WhatsApp group. spammers are not welcome pls.
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by frozen70(f): 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2019
It's too early in this pregnancy to start subjecting yourself to all this test wahala

Once she can feel the symptoms of pregnancy, both of you should have rest of mind

Pregnancy comes with its own wahala and don't let her have complications pls

With time the pregnancy will develop properly unless she is not really pregnant
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Cmanforall: 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Decidual reaction is a functional change that occurs in the uterine endometrium in preparation for pregnancy or during pregnancy

The impression of the scan means, that the uterus, ovaries, and adnexae are normal. No abnormalities were seen.

No cyesis (pregnancy) was seen during scan >>> this does not mean your wife is not pregnant.

The pregnancy could be below four weeks that is why it's not yet visualized on scan.

[b]TVS can see pregnancy at 4weeks

while Transabdominal scan can detect pregnancy at 5weeks.

Your wife should rescan in the next two weeks.

Oga your wife is pregnant, just relax and repeat the scan in 2weeks.

By then a gestational sac should be present in the uterus and probably a fetal pole.

ANOTHER QUESTION I WANT TO ASK YOU

Was there any time she bled or spotted??

because even after a miscarriage has occurred, a pregnancy test will still be showing positive.

But to my best knowledge, if there was no miscarriage and the test is positive, she is pregnant.
If she was sent for scan by her doctor, let the doctor interpret for them.
Somethings are not necessarily necessary to bring to a forum like this, IMO
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by sleek82(m): 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Decidual reaction is a functional change that occurs in the uterine endometrium in preparation for pregnancy or during pregnancy

The impression of the scan means, that the uterus, ovaries, and adnexae are normal. No abnormalities were seen.

No cyesis (pregnancy) was seen during scan >>> this does not mean your wife is not pregnant.

The pregnancy could be below four weeks that is why it's not yet visualized on scan.

By then a gestational sac should be present in the uterus and probably a fetal pole.

because even after a miscarriage has occurred, a pregnancy test will still be showing positive.

But to my best knowledge, if there was no miscarriage and the test is positive, she is pregnant.
abeg no vex, do you know this because you are a doctor or it is what I'm thinking......"naijaolosho" cheesy grin cheesy grin...just joking ooo
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Olorunnim: 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2019
NaijaOlosho:

Humm Doctor! this your moniker doesn't portray your knowledge in medicine ooo in fact it says a whole different thing
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Cmanforall: 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2019
OWNwithEASE:
My wife went for a blood test in 2 different labs and the result from both centers indicates She was pregnant. We did a scan but the scan did not see She was pregnant, we were then advised to do Transvaginal U/S scan. Our next appointment with the doctor is next week but She is not at peace at the moment. Pending the time we see the doctor next week, Pls any medical practitioner should explain what the statement of result mean

Please, who is the 'We'?
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Emulti(m): 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2019
OWNwithEASE:

If the blood test showed positive while ultrasound scan shows no pregnancy, there is nothing to worry about. Calm your wife, wait for two or three weeks and repeat the scan, it will show. Early pregnancy don't show in scan, so give a little more time.

Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by UrVillagePpl: 8:41pm On Jun 07, 2019
Luciferlove:
I no be dr oh but I think she might be pregnant...its takes a while before scan shows pregnancy but a lab test detects it HCG faster which is the hormone that secretes when a woman is pregnant.
And looking at the endometrical plate thickness also supports this...I hope u re not on IVF cause it might give a false neg result in the lab test...But as I be mechanic na what do I even know.

lols, bross u no well,..

not everytin is meant to be taken for granted......

try get sense abeg, its not xpensiv
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by capitalzero: 8:43pm On Jun 07, 2019
OWNwithEASE:

when is your wife last menstrual period and date of scan? I want to help you interpret it.
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Chill2: 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2019
When was her LMP? HCG is the best marker for detecting early pregnancy that is "pregnancy test" Ultrasound are best for foetal well-being which means they can't spot pregnancy at a very early stage though TVS is a reliable within 2weeks of gestation the resolution of the machine Is also a factor. If you do quantitative HCG it will give you a better impression to rule out tumor releasing HCG. There should be a steady rise with HCG as pregnancy progress but there is no steady increase with HCG producing tumor

1 Like

Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by docayo: 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2019
False positive result or chemical pregnancy!
Blood pregnancy test is associated with high rate of false positive results. There are other substances in the blood which could crossreact to give a positive result when indeed the woman is not pregnant.
It is for this reason that urine pregnancy test is preferable because positive is truly positive.
Secondly, it could be a chemical pregnancy in which the woman WAS truly pregnant but had a very early miscarriage before it became apparent on scan. Because beta human chorionic gonadotropin which is the hormone released by the growing fetus and detected on pregnancy test takes about 3 weeks to clear from the blood, pregnancy test continues to be positive even when the pregnancy is gone.
I hope this helps.
08068226525. Obstetrician and Gynaecologist. No free consultation please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Olorunnim: 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2019
rusher14:

shocked
Olosho sabi book.
Come on don't say that
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by megareal: 8:46pm On Jun 07, 2019
It means, no pregnancy. All is well. Her eggs are maturing. So keep doing the do. Good luck.
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by rusher14: 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2019
Olorunnim:
Come on don't say that

Na me give am name?

I'm actually praising her.

Her name is a complete misnomer and I think it speaks of a confident individual.
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by megareal: 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2019
Offpoint1:
Them give you something for hospital, you no ask wetin e mean you carry am waka come nairaland.

Make I no talk my mind

If transgender mean person switching him sex, then transvaginal mean dem wan remove her vaginä and put prick there or dem wan transport the vaginà go lap and scan am.

let her panic abeg
Wicked. cheesy
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Homguy(m): 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2019
OWNwithEASE:

your wife is not pregnant.
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Bernardinho(m): 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2019
Luciferlove:
I no be dr oh
but I think she might be pregnant...its takes a while before scan shows pregnancy but a lab test detects it HCG faster which is the hormone that secretes when a woman is pregnant.
And looking at the endometrical plate thickness also supports this...I hope u re not on IVF cause it might give a false neg result in the lab test...But as I be mechanic na what do I even know.

Am jst seeing the thread now, but guy u jst said my mind, scan doesn't detect early pregnancy.
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2019
Better go back to your real life Doctor. Nairaland is not a hospital oooo.. .

Oversabi Doctor for Nairaland go answer you tho...
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by 2buffagain(m): 9:01pm On Jun 07, 2019
The summary is right there at the bottom of the page and you are still asking silly question.
Why not ask the doctor to help you read simple alphabets?

I don't understand how with all the certificates Nigerians have common basic reading and comprehension is such a problem.
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Ten06(m): 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2019
Thank God that you met some enlightened people here today, I was afraid they were going to tell you to go see their pastor, at least with seed of faith

2 Likes

Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 07, 2019
OWNwithEASE:

The report simply says she's not pregnant, let me give you a hint: anytime you see recurrent nil in a report, it means negative or is not there.

But that's just the doctors report, there is one greater and your child is on the way. Please you and you wife to pray to God, the doctor does not give children and they are not the final arbiter. Pray in the name of Jesus about that situation for a child and your child would manifest the doctor affirming, Oh sorry, we made an emprical error, your wife is seven months pregnant smiley

1 Like

Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:16pm On Jun 07, 2019
Cmanforall:

If she was sent for scan by her doctor, let the doctor interpret for them.
Somethings are not necessarily necessary to bring to a forum like this, IMO

If you don't believe the person who does the scan and makes interpretation for the doctor to read to his patient, then you are worse than the lifeless one

2 Likes

Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by toluene1234: 9:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
You no serious I swear. This is funny menh.
Offpoint1:

Make I no talk my mind

let her panic abeg
Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 07, 2019
Nice one
NaijaOlosho:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Tests Negative For Coronavirus After First Testing Positive / Trying To Conceive Twins / COVID-19: Nigeria Adds Two Laboratories For Tests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.