Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,735 members, 7,806,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day (35455 Views)

Amosun’s N27.3 Billion Abandoned Model School Project / ‘Boniface Igbeneghu Acted So Godly On Campus’ — UNILAG Student On Lecturer / Governor Amosun;politics Of Succession And Education Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Originalsly: 10:27am On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:

What where you expecting a child like that to receive, should the government gift him five million or five biilion before you are satisfied,education is not showbiz,where sponsors provide fund's,that little boy does not even need money now,what he needs are more books and scholarship.

So the governor did just fine?..... it is people like you that help me understand why these politicians are soo shameless....they will always get support. A State Competition for students .... money is not what one would expect as a prize... but scholarship .... tuition ... free text books up to University level or such. N5000 and 11 exercise books is an insult period.

1 Like

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by 1759ademola(m): 10:28am On Jun 08, 2019
People really don't know these politicians suddenly become Santa Claus for political scores.
Then that, Amosun's candidate did not win, what's the political points to gain if he gift scholarship.
That's to tell you that these politicians are not nice. EDU SHOULD BE REWARDED.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by ipswitch: 10:29am On Jun 08, 2019
Nonsense award. As a father I would send the award back to the organisers. Fela sang about these negative people
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by naijaschoolguru(m): 10:30am On Jun 08, 2019
I think the best for that young boy is a SCHOLARSHIP. What a vibrant and elegant boy indeed. Continue flowing the sky is your limits.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by maestroferddi: 10:30am On Jun 08, 2019
You made your point....

Why spoil everything with touting of your-called personal victories?

Were you using the hapless student to hype yourself?

Modesty
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by kingzjay(m): 10:30am On Jun 08, 2019
And he will be sending his side chicks to Dubai...

What happened to scholarship and grants?

This country ehn
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by shegzydave(m): 10:32am On Jun 08, 2019
if am the one I swear is that instantly I will reject the shithole prize, to hell with him, and tell him my son is far more than 5,000 and 11 note books, scholarship would have been better, on that children's day I spent more than 5,000 on my 5years old daughter, buying books, bag, shoes for my Darling daughter.... she loves reading and I keep buying her books to read.....stupid gov
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by lomprico(m): 10:33am On Jun 08, 2019
If the boy had fuçked a girl in toilet on a live TV show and won the show, he will be made an education ambassador or youth ambassador to the state, with brand new car and millions in cash.

Why won't yahoo and waywardness thrive? undecided
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Mizwisdom(f): 10:35am On Jun 08, 2019
Congratulations boy, the sky is your limit
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by lomprico(m): 10:37am On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:
What where you expecting a child like that to receive, should the government gift him five million or five biilion before you are satisfied,education is not showbiz,where sponsors provide fund's,that little boy does not even need money now,what he needs are more books and scholarship.

Was he given the necessary books or the scholarship?
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by torvickof1312(m): 10:39am On Jun 08, 2019
So disgusting like seriously!!! Y not to offer the little poor boy a scholarship to encourage education. 5k and a 11books.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by NEIGHBOUR(m): 10:40am On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:

Just my thots. We are just too materialistic here. The boy needs tools to make him succeed.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by drskyfly007(m): 10:42am On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:
But the boys parents will need the money!!

To help further his education to tertiary level!!

The country is backward because of our priorities as a nation..

Appreciate that boy through the parents and see if you won't discover over a million essay writers who will be recognised globally!!

Incentive is the key to more hard work....
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by gbagyiza: 10:44am On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:

I wonder how some people think. Is money not scholarship? What do we use to purchase books, pay school fees n other school expenses? Is it a crime for d ex governor to hand over a 5 million naira cheque as a scholarship to the boy? Some of us got reasonable cash as scholarship in our school days.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Angelfrost(m): 10:44am On Jun 08, 2019
If we talk, some sycophants will start ranting about being a wailer or some dense stuff.... Would it kill the governor to dole out a scholarship even to Post-graduate?... The same governor that probably gives out cars to side chicks...

I don't even blame the clueless man... I blame the idiots that came out fully to cheer this disgrace.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by MrFly(m): 10:45am On Jun 08, 2019
The problem in Nigeria starts with people like mr. Poster. What do u expect the government to give the boy? Millions abi? May God forgive our parents whose penchant for greed and material things can never be defined. The sky is ur limit young lad
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by lomprico(m): 10:49am On Jun 08, 2019
NEIGHBOUR:

Just my thots. We are just too materialistic here. The boy needs tools to make him succeed.

And was he given the tools?
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by NotFarFrom: 10:49am On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:

I know that you are not speaking with clear eyes, when the drink don clear ehn, abeg edit this post. If na BB Naija na, would they gift him 5k?

1 Like

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by MrFly(m): 10:50am On Jun 08, 2019
Femiblacky:

...and did the boy received the scholarship here?
Bros, no vex oo, you are part of the problem we have in this country... Your thoughts are just too myopic
was the boy forced to partake in d essay competition? My dear scholarships are not compulsory or a criteria to set up educational competitions. U are the problem of Nigeria because u are promoting greed..
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by akin9ja78(m): 10:50am On Jun 08, 2019
Star girl
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Urchman200: 10:50am On Jun 08, 2019
Nigeria leaders are doing enough to ensure that education Will eventually be relegated to the background, what happened to scholarship maybe the child does not need scholarship.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Ifyz0001: 10:53am On Jun 08, 2019
Even the Federal government tertiary institution scholarship exam that was held last in 2018, up till now no information on the reason for writing these exam.No result, no list of candidates that passed, no scholarship, no nothing. Adamu Adamu and buhari don't like education simple. These our leaders don't have our time, they want to rule Nigeria even in their after life.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by 9gerian: 10:54am On Jun 08, 2019
Such incentives are more of a motivation for others to strive and achieve more, but the governor wasted that opportunity with N5,000.

That’s why you see people complaining because they are discouraged with such a poor show of appreciation. People at the event would be more discouraged too.

We need thinkers (not rent seekers) as leaders.

Ay04z:
Doesn't really matter. The sky is the starting p point for the poor boy. . My advice him he shoud study harder.
Education pays. Yeah it work for me. Cheers.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Zombicmodz: 10:54am On Jun 08, 2019
The SW prides itself on her value for educational achievement.
This is unbecoming of Ogun state governor.

1 Like

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by miketayo(m): 10:55am On Jun 08, 2019
Blazebond:

You need to be flogged, you are definitely a problem in this country.
Yes five million is a start.. do u know how much it's cost to train a child from nursery school to university.
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 10:55am On Jun 08, 2019
Femiblacky:

...and did the boy received the scholarship here?
Bros, no vex oo, you are part of the problem we have in this country... Your thoughts are just too myopic
RIGHT

1 Like

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 10:56am On Jun 08, 2019
Gratefulheart01:
Too much bulshiiit in this shiithole, i don't think we're ready for any good change, thing will rather be getting worse.

He coudn't even give him a scholarship?
Or library of textbooks, exercise books and N500k?

So, all he deserves was 11 exercise books and N5k?

But bbn keeps getting million prize and endorsements? and unnecessary social media shiits get popular overnight with lots of cash reward?

Things like this continue to happen and many wonder why Nigeria will continue to remain or get worse.

Go and ask America, china and every other developed country.

Education, science and technology are the bedrock foundation of development.

Developing a country is a serious technical conscious effort, does not happen by accident.

1 Like

Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by 9gerian: 10:57am On Jun 08, 2019
A scholarship for the next level of education would be apt.

Or something a bit extra ordinary to steer the giants in other children and their parents.

Blazebond:
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by miketayo(m): 10:59am On Jun 08, 2019
NEIGHBOUR:

Materialistic how The same government that steals from its people. It won't cost the government anything to sponsor him till he graduates. After all the government money is for its people
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by Bulusc: 10:59am On Jun 08, 2019
If you are in a country where the president does not have certificate,what do you expect?
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by 9gerian: 11:01am On Jun 08, 2019
Well said.

drskyfly007:
But the boys parents will need the money!!

To help further his education to tertiary level!!

The country is backward because of our priorities as a nation..

Appreciate that boy through the parents and see if you won't discover over a million essay writers who will be recognised globally!!

Incentive is the key to more hard work....
Re: Governor Amosun Gives 11 Exercise Books & N5000 To Best Student On Children Day by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:01am On Jun 08, 2019
Gratefulheart01:
Too much bulshiiit in this shiithole, i don't think we're ready for any good change, thing will rather be getting worse.

He coudn't even give him a scholarship?
Or library of textbooks, exercise books and N500k?

So, all he deserves was 11 exercise books and N5k?

But bbn keeps getting million prize and endorsements? and unnecessary social media shiits get popular overnight with lots of cash reward?

Things like this continue to happen and many wonder why Nigeria will continue to remain or get worse.

Go and ask America, china and every other developed country.

Education, science and technology are the bedrock foundation of development.

Developing a country is a serious technical conscious effort, does not happen by accident.
bbn is sponsored u can decide sponsor d child...u guys keep dragging bbn..how about pple who get paid high money for playing football... our universities how endowment funds does it received from well meaning Nigerians and alumni...how many people sponsor awards for best students in universities,dept etc...pple leave this country and get scholarships to school abroad can we have such here too... besides Wat dis boy need is scholarship not cash

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Awka Prison Inmate Graduates With PGD, MSC In Information Technology (Photos) / PTDF Overseas Scholarship 2013/2014: Shortlisted Candidates. / Prof. Ngozi Chuma-Udeh: Soludo's Commissioner Goes Back To Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.