Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,168 members, 7,780,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:38 AM

Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. (19800 Views)

Pius Adesanmi's Wife Tells To Daughter About His Death Via Ethiopian Plane Crash / Ethiopian Airlines Crash: Pius Adesanmi's Last Facebook Post & Scary Tweet / Professor Pius Adesanmi Dies In Ethiopia Airlines Plane Crash - John O. Oba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by FemiOtawa: 1:48am On Jun 08, 2019
Family members of the late Nigerian writer killed in the tragic Ethiopian Airlines crash, Pius Adesanmi, have filed a new lawsuit against the Boeing Company.

Lawyers Nomaan Husain of Husain Law + Associates, Floyd Wisner of The Wisner Law Firm, and Omar Khawaja of The Law Offices of Omar Khawaja, filed the new lawsuit against the manufacturers of the plane involved in the crash..

The suit, dated June 4th and seen by PREMIUM TIMES, was filed on behalf of the bereaved family at the U.S. District Court in Chicago.

The claim was filed against the Boeing Company, manufacturer of the Boeing 737 Max 8, based in Chicago, for failing to properly inform pilots about the dangers and risks presented by its new Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (“MCAS”) software.

A colleague and friend of the late writer, Bamidele Ademola-Olateju, said Mr Adesanmi’s demise created a gaping hole in Nigeria’s public intellection and Africa’s Higher Education and Youth Development. In a message sent to this newspaper, Mrs Ademola-Olateju, a member of the Premium Times editorial board, columnist and social critic, described the late writer’s death as a huge loss.

She said: “I took the first step to seek Justice for you my dear friend Pius Adebola Adesanmi. Boeing, the manufacturer of the aircraft that crashed leading to your untimely death has been sued by the competent Law Firms listed in this Press Release.

“Nigeria miss you and Africa miss you. Your death has left me totally bewildered and permanently scared. Your demise created a gaping hole in Nigeria’s public Intellection and Africa’s Higher Education and Youth Development. With mounting insecurity and economic despondency, everyone kept wondering what would Pius have written under these circumstances.

Similarly, the late Mr Adesanmi’s mother, Olufunke The bereaved mother, according to a release sent to this newspaper, also demanded justice and accountability over the late professor’s death.

“Everyday my heart bleeds over the loss of Bola,” she said. “Every day, I play his life from infancy to his death in my mind. Most importantly, I think about how I dedicated him to God at the Catholic Cathedral at Egbe at the age of 12, in the tradition of how Jesus was dedicated. I continue to pray for the repose of his soul. My life has been a recurring nightmare.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/333902-pius-adesanmis-mother-daughter-sue-boeing-over-ethiopian-airlines-crash.html

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by Lifestone(m): 3:45am On Jun 08, 2019
RIP Prof. Apart from the Civil case, I hope the family also press for criminal negligence charges against the management of Boeing.

The hearts of many have been shattered forever including that of his old mother.

35 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by Nolongthing3669: 5:54am On Jun 08, 2019
May he continue to rest in peace.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 08, 2019
The sad thing about the case was that Boeing

1. Rushed the plane into production despite all the flaws.

2.Was warned about the flaws by pilots...yet them no hear.

They should be sued for the maximum

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by Megatrix: 5:56am On Jun 08, 2019
He can't be brought back to life, let it rest

4 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by datola: 5:56am On Jun 08, 2019
Hmmm...
Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by oko4lucky(m): 5:57am On Jun 08, 2019
Who don die don die joor
Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by Mrukk: 5:59am On Jun 08, 2019
So sad, I pity the aged mother, daughter and wife. May our parent not weep over us

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by babyfaceafrica: 6:01am On Jun 08, 2019
I am not sure it is a good idea
Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by RedBlackPepper: 6:06am On Jun 08, 2019
I can tell what it means to lose a loved one especially at his/her prime. The memory keeps lingering and the vacuum difficult to fill. Right step in the right direction, let justice prevail, the avoidable negligence has cost serious pains. My heartfelt condolences to the family; especially the little girl he left behind.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by Onlinealaba(m): 6:06am On Jun 08, 2019
Pius Adesanmi a jewel lost in his prime..continue to rest on prof but if they win the case it wont bring back prof

Check my signature/website, get your electronics, SMART TVs, air conditioners, washing machines and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option

1 Like

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by AgreatMan: 6:08am On Jun 08, 2019
Megatrix:

No carry religion enter this matter, that stupid company must pay. Who forgiveness ep? Na forgiveness him wife go chop?

The guy had a kid and kid must go to school. Abroad education no be beans. He also has a wife n mother who depends on him emotionally n financially. The lawyers knew d case is strong. They will hit Boeing with a proper upper court. Na this kain case dey give lawyers joy.

Next time they will think twice before putting a dead plane in the air.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by egopersonified(f): 6:09am On Jun 08, 2019
read somewhere that a husband told his wife if he dies on the job, she should sue the company, the tool or equipment manufacturer, his union, the landlord, any body sueable

10 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by AngelicBeing: 6:11am On Jun 08, 2019
sad
Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by Nukilia: 6:16am On Jun 08, 2019
Right step in the right direction grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by bikerboy1(m): 6:17am On Jun 08, 2019
Imagine being sued for every life that was lost on that flight.

Big lesson for aircraft producers

15 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by AgreatMan: 6:19am On Jun 08, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

It's a very good idea bro. Let them set initial compensation at $10M dollars. Then bargain from there.

This is not Nigeria where somewhere does u wrong n u "leave it to God." The lawyers are doing the work of God by suing the bastards.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by TotoNaRubber: 6:21am On Jun 08, 2019

Such a big loss to his family especially a bread winner earning N4m/month before taxes in Canada.

Corporations such as Boeing usually find ways to avoid paying out huge compensations. As we speak Boeing has already mapped out compensation plans ranging from $30,000 to $100,000 to the families of the victims.

Anyone seeking more than $100k will have to hire a top lawyer to prove beyond all doubt.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by SarkinYarki: 6:21am On Jun 08, 2019
Boeing must be ready to pay class compensation for that crash that was primarily caused by their overzealous ignorant MCAS software ..Plane maker must realise competition must never be allowed to take precedence over safety thoroughness in commercial Aircraft design and development .

14 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by kutashi: 6:22am On Jun 08, 2019
Megatrix:
Yes! But it will ensure safety of others. If u can relate!

7 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by Westsida: 6:24am On Jun 08, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

Well, I think it is! Let’s see if they won’t cash out eventually! Booing or wetin them dey call them must pay lol

6 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by kutashi: 6:25am On Jun 08, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
It's a very good idea but only the learned and those who live abroad will relate better.

6 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by aolawale025: 6:26am On Jun 08, 2019
Hope they get something
Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by Nig4Greatness: 6:28am On Jun 08, 2019
AgreatMan:

No carry religion enter this matter, that stupid company must pay. Who forgiveness ep? Na forgiveness him wife go chop?

The guy had a kid and kid must go to school. Abroad education no be beans. He also has a wife n mother who depends on him emotionally n financially. The lawyers knew d case is strong. They will hit Boeing with a proper upper court. Na this kain case dey give lawyers joy.

See ranting....it's the duty of Ethiopia airlines to sue Boeing and not the passenger.there are many aviation lawsuits in the US but you have to pass through the airlines.
This case is as good as DOA.His life insurance should be enough.

4 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by HisMajesty1(m): 6:28am On Jun 08, 2019
I would say this is not necessary, I've been in a similar situation, the pain always wants to make you retaliate but it won't bring the erudite professor back. However, if it's to get money from boeing to wedge the financial gap his death may have caused then it's OK.

1 Like

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by fotadmowmend(m): 6:30am On Jun 08, 2019
Megatrix:
Sure. But actions like that might prevent another calamity and bring justice to the family of the dead. Other victims' families should join them

5 Likes

Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by Neddstark: 6:31am On Jun 08, 2019
If na say him die for Nigeria, who una for sue?
Well rest in peace Pius Adesanmi
Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by excel101(m): 6:32am On Jun 08, 2019
AgreatMan:

Try to digest properly the content of who you are quoting before reacting. The person you quoted never said Boeing should be forgiven.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zamfara Bound Vehicle Involved In Accident, Many Dead (Graphic photos) / 150 Nigerians Return From Libya / BRT Collides With Commercial Bus On Kara Bridge, Ogun State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.