Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria (3027 Views)

40 Years After: Murtala Muhammed (a Bloody Coup) / Bloody Coup: Emir Sanusi Sends Nigeria A Very Strong Warning / 'Radio Biafra: Protest Turns Bloody, Four Shot' - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2010
I have come to the painful conclusion that the whole Nigerian state needs to be overhauled. We need a bloody revolution, not some peaceful revolution. As long as these thieving politicians are living, we will never have change. This crosses all tribal groups. We all know this "inconvenient truth." Nigeria needs to be purged of these elements and some of its inhabitants.

I feel the youth are no different from our parents generation. I actually think they will be a lot worse. Instead of the youth in college saying that they want to be a doctor or an engineer, they say that that they want to be a politician. And we all know the reason why they choose this path of work. It is in order so they can loot public funds.

A revolution is needed. Nigeria should not celebrate 50 years of independence. We have more impoverished people now, than 20 years ago.

1 Like

Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Osama10(m): 9:17pm On Sep 30, 2010
Seconded.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by bkbabe97y(m): 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2010
MaziUche0:

I have come to the painful conclusion that the whole Nigerian state needs to be overhauled. We need a bloody revolution, not some peaceful revolution. As long as these thieving politicians are living, we will never have change. This crosses all tribal groups. We all know this "inconvenient truth." Nigeria needs to be purged of these elements and some of its inhabitants.

I feel the youth are no different from our parents generation. I actually think they will be a lot worse. Instead of the youth in college saying that they want to be a doctor or an engineer, they say that that they want to be a politician. And we all know the reason why they choose this path of work. It is in order so they can loot public funds.

A revolution is needed. Nigeria should not celebrate 50 years of independence. We have more impoverished people now, than 20 years ago.

Agreed!
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2010
a revolution will backfire into civil war because everything will be interpreted through a  tribal lens

soludisation was a ploy to reduce northern influence

sanusitisation is  ploy to recoup northern influence

just two examples

the jobbers of deposed plotical elite will cry tribal agenda and it will all go down from there

hello child soldier, mass rapes,  blood oil international basketcase
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2010
“A revolution is not a dinner party, or writing an essay, or painting a picture, or doing embroidery; it cannot be so refined, so leisurely and gentle, so temperate, kind, courteous, restrained and magnanimous. A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by which one class overthrows another.”
-Mao Zedong

“Without a revolutionary theory there cannot be a revolutionary movement.”
-Vladimir Lenin

“Put your trust in God; but be sure to keep your powder dry”
-Oliver Cromwell
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by wills(m): 9:26pm On Sep 30, 2010
MaziUche0:

Shame on you @MaziUche, your speaking your mind I know but I still say it again shame on you.

You say Nigeria needs a bloody revolution and your profile states you’re in the USA, or are you not a Nigerian? Who do you want to die for you?
Why can’t you come down and start a revelation.

Your signature says Nigeria is a failed state, reading that makes me laugh at your ineptitude of the political lingo,dont use a word just cause you hear it on CNN.

No doubt about it Nigeria needs a change for good, but please @MaziUche and the likes of you, action speaks louder then writing on NL. Get out there and do something positive, otherwise shut the F, K up!.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 9:28pm On Sep 30, 2010
We all being oppressed. Igbo elite oppressing the common Igbo man. Yoruba elite oppressing the common Yoruba man. Northern elite are oppressing the common northern man. The main point is that we are all being oppressed by the same selfish elite who will suck this nation dry.

There is the need for a thorough and bloody revolution like they had in France. Our politicians do not represent us. They barely know where there constituencies are located.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 30, 2010
So who's going to lead ? I hope poster knows we are not talking about soldiers taking over here.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 9:32pm On Sep 30, 2010
wills:

Shame on you @MaziUche, your speaking your mind I know but I still say it again shame on you.

You say Nigeria needs a bloody revolution and your profile states you’re in the USA, or are you not a Nigerian? Who do you want to die for you?
Why can’t you come down and start a revelation.

Your signature says Nigeria is a failed state, reading that makes me laugh at your ineptitude of the political lingo,dont use a word just cause you hear it on CNN.

No doubt about it Nigeria needs a change for good, but please @MaziUche and the likes of you, action speaks louder then writing on NL. Get out there and do something positive, otherwise shut the F, K up!.

All it takes is an idea.

And Nigeria is a failed state. When a state cannot protect its most vulnerable citizens, then that state is a failed state. Social programs are almost nonexistent. Teachers are not getting paid. Lack of access to clean water. No electricity. Roads are in disrepair. Politicians loot the national coffers at will. Police are the ones you have to fear instead of going to them to protect you.

NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE. And only when Nigeria is bathed in blood, will this nation rise. It is a complete travesty people like IBB and OBJ are able to walk around in Nigeria even though we all know they looted public funds for their own self enrichment. IT IS A SHAME.

So shame on me? Shame on you! I will call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 9:34pm On Sep 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

So who's going to lead ? I hope poster knows we are not talking about soldiers taking over here.

The people should lead. Only when you the people wish to rise up, will change happen.

And the soldiers in Nigeria are utterly corrupt as well. They benefit from the looting of the national coffers as well and they do not give a dammn about the Nigerian people.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 30, 2010
MaziUche0:

The people should lead. Only when you the people wish to rise up, will change happen.

And the soldiers in Nigeria are utterly corrupt as well. They benefit from the looting of the national coffers as well and they do not give a dammn about the Nigerian people.
It's going to be hard cuz an average nigerian will rather manage and adapt quickly than to take actions that may likely get him in troubles.Considering the calibre of people that would have to be eliminated,I doubt if a successful revolution can take place in Nigeria.I can't remember the last time a nation-wide strike took place and even when Oshiomhole was still active as labour leader and leading strike actions,you'd still find a lot of Nigerians criticizing him for keeping them in their houses for mere 2 weeks.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2010
Naaaa we need to peacefully protest with placards and march around. No harms. If we do that, they will listen and Nigeria will be good.

Nigeria can't afford a peaceful revolution simple. You want to shout till your voice dies, fine. It won't become a tribal thing if all politicians from all sides are massacred. No good ones among them; kill em all. That's the only way to inject the fear of people into politicians. Look at the bill NNPC proposed, they all took bribe from multi national corporations now the bill that would have ensured 98% of oil profits will be invested in Nigeria is sitting idle.

Yea like placards weren't carried months ago. What happened? IBB wants to return,

The only people that don't want a bloody revolution are those enjoying the corrupt system. OYB talking as if I don't who his biatch ass iz. Shiiit, your records sits idle until you activate it with your comments then I'll pull it out for all to c.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2010
~Bluetooth:

It's going to be hard cuz an average nigerian will rather manage and adapt quickly than to take actions that may likely get him in troubles.Considering the calibre of people that would have to be eliminated,I doubt if a successful revolution can take place in Nigeria.I can't remember the last time a nation-wide strike took place and even when Oshiomhole was still active as labour leader and leading strike actions,you'd still find a lot of Nigerians criticizing him for keeping them in their houses for mere 2 weeks.

Then it is something with the Nigerian mindset which needs to be overhauled as well. It is my view that we have not reached the edge yet. Once we reach that tipping point, then the people will find rise up and take what is theirs. I feel that Nigeria has taken capitalism to the extreme as well. Do not get me wrong, I have no problem some tenets of Capitalism, but the way it is practiced in Nigeria and Africa in general is just too much to bear.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by labiyemmy(m): 9:51pm On Sep 30, 2010
Poster.

Other countries started revolutions - not by mouth or on the pages of the internet. It is hypocrisy if you say we need a revolution and you cant start one. Start one and see who and who will follow, or else, you haven't found a solution yet.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2010
9jaganja:

Naaaa we need to peacefully protest with placards and march around. No harms. If we do that, they will listen and Nigeria will be good.

Nigeria can't afford a peaceful revolution simple. You want to shout till your voice dies, fine. [b]It won't become a tribal thing if all politicians from all sides are massacred. No good ones among them; kill em all. [/b]That's the only way to inject the fear of people into politicians. Look at the bill NNPC proposed, they all took bribe from multi national corporations now the bill that would have ensured 98% of oil profits will be invested in Nigeria is sitting idle.

Yea like placards weren't carried months ago. What happened? IBB wants to return,

The only people that don't want a bloody revolution are those enjoying the corrupt system. OYB talking as if I don't who his biatch backside iz. Shiiit, your records sits idle until you activate it with your comments then I'll pull it out for all to c.

I agree with the bolded statement. It wont be considered tribal if all the politicians are sent to the executioner. All these thieves deserve only in death. How can you feel comfortable with your life knowing that you have stolen so much money from the people? How can they sleep at night? Do they have a conscious?

And the nerve of IBB to want to return to power is crazy. The amount of money he has stolen. I know some of my past statement, may make people wonder why I am saying this, but the things that are happening in my state was the last straw. No more looking through the tribal lens, because Nigeria is going up in flames. These politicians are leading down the the path to no where. They must be dealt with.

If Nigeria is to see peace, we must get rid of them.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2010
9jaganja:

Nigeria can't afford a peaceful revolution simple. You want to shout till your voice dies, fine. It won't become a tribal thing if all politicians from all sides are massacred. No good ones among them; kill em all. That's the only way to inject the fear of people into politicians. Look at the bill NNPC proposed, they all took bribe from multi national corporations now the bill that would have ensured 98% of oil profits will be invested in Nigeria is sitting idle.

[s]The only people that don't want a bloody revolution are those enjoying the corrupt system.[/s] OYB talking as if I don't who his biatch backside iz. Shiiit, your records sits idle until you activate it with your comments then I'll pull it out for all to c.
This is exactly why it won't work.you can imagine a yorubaman leading the revolution who plans to eliminate say maybe babangida and ojukwu who happen to be hausa and ibo respectively but decided to spare obasanjo simply because obj is his kinsman.It has nothing to do with being beneficiary of stolen wealth.if you don't mind,ask an average nigeria on the street and see what they would tell you
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by labiyemmy(m): 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2010
Start one - or keep quiet.

The poor people you tend to speak for dont read Nairaland - go to the street and mobilise them.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Poster.

Other countries started revolutions - not by mouth or on the pages of the internet. It is hypocrisy if you say we need a revolution and you cant start one. Start one and see who and who will follow, or else, you haven't found a solution yet.

It only takes the idea. Who said I would make a good leader? I am pretty sure there are better leaders than myself. I am not one who feels that I should lead.

But I will give my point of view. Revolutions are not started so easily. Vladamir Lenin started a revolution in Russia through his writings while he was exiled in Germany.

Robespierre started a revolution through his writing which enraged the people.

You just do not get up one day, and say I want to start a revolution, let me pick up my gun. The people of the past studied history, formulated that ideology, and then discussed with others. All it takes is a small cohort.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by wills(m): 9:59pm On Sep 30, 2010
Mazi, we are on the same ship, but only differ in tactics of how to stair this vessel.

I think a bloody revelation just won’t work to get rid of all the so called greedy and self serving leaders or politicians we have in Nigeria regardless of tribe or religion.

Simply for one reason, the vast majority of Nigerians are still gullible and will swing to tribal and religious sentiments, when ever this same good for nothing leaders use these divide and rule tactics in satisfying their own selfish ambitions.

Revolution must 1st start by opening the Minds of our people, and get them to stand and wakeup. Let’s stands for right and not tribe or religion, lets up hold universal accepted truths like honesty, fairness, mutual respect,right to life e.t.c. Then and only then will any revolution have its full effect, otherwise the same people you are revolting for there freedom,  will be the ones they will use to fighting against you and keep this same greedy people holding onto power and wealth of the nation.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by labiyemmy(m): 10:00pm On Sep 30, 2010
Revolution leads to war - maimimg, killing, destruction, distress, calamity- thats what you are praying for?

I bow!

I think it is mere laziness to use the pages of the internet to preach what you know you cant start, neither able to start it. What about millions that will die? Do you live in Nigeria?
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by bkbabe97y(m): 10:00pm On Sep 30, 2010
Ahhhh. . . . . I remember way back when, when this intelligent kid named 9jaganja advocated castrating these thieving monkeys; he was shouted down by the likes of Onlytruth and co . . . . Hmnn, how time flies!
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by OAM4J: 10:01pm On Sep 30, 2010
Sure, Nigeria needs a bloody revolution

The question is where are the bloody revolutionist?
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by labiyemmy(m): 10:03pm On Sep 30, 2010
If you go to Nigeria - carry a placard, and try to draw people with this message of yours, if you are able to gather 20 people, you have tried, so - forget it.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2010
wills:

Mazi, we are on the same ship, but only differ in tactics of how to stair this vessel.

I think a bloody revelation just won’t work to get rid of all the so called greedy and self serving leaders or politicians we have in Nigeria regardless of tribe or religion.

Simply for one reason, the vast majority of Nigerians are still gullible and will swing to tribal and religious sentiments, when ever this same good for nothing leaders use these divide and rule tactics in satisfying their own selfish ambitions.

Revolution must 1st start by opening the Minds of our people, and get them to stand and wakeup. Let’s stands for right and not tribe or religion, lets up hold universal accepted truths like honesty, fairness, mutual respect,right to life e.t.c. Then and only then will any revolution have its full effect, otherwise the same people you are revolting for there freedom,  will be the ones they will use to fighting against you and keep this same greedy people holding onto power and wealth of the nation.

There are many ways to get there. But when has a peaceful revolution ever happened? People only listen by force. Especially Africans!

Of course there will be much pain, but that would help a nation grow. This nation needs to be purged of these elements who are enemies to progress.

And a bloody revolution may not get all of these thieves, but it will get rid a good amount of them.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2010
OAM4J:

Yes, where are the bloody revolutionist. I know they exist. In a population of over 150 million +, I am pretty sure they did exist.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by labiyemmy(m): 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2010
Poster

I say, when you wake up tomorrow, take a placard, try, as much as you can, to preach this message you are preaching, and see if the people you are trying to preach to wont be the ones to tear you into pieces for trying to preach what you are preaching.

Do you know that majority of the people in here on Nairaland are people who live outside Nigeria? So, my dear, if you want this thing you are saying to be heard- abeg, no be for here, na for Naija - carry placard tomorrow, find a strategic place, and see if the people themselves wont be the one to beat you - i.e. revolve your head round yah neck. Revolution ko - volutionre ni.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by wills(m): 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2010
OAM4J:

Nice one, grin

I think the bloody revolutionist? are on NL and Facebook badmouthing Nigeria, maybe to them that's  the bloody thing. Can you handel a gun? yet you talk about bloody revolution. You cant even be man enough to leave your location and signature you had on a while ago ,yet you talk about revolution. Young man go and sleep you hear me.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by labiyemmy(m): 10:11pm On Sep 30, 2010
@Wills

Dont mind them.

They stay far away and preach fire and brimstone against Nigeria.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 30, 2010
MaziUche0:

Yes, where are the bloody revolutionist. I know they exist. In a population of over 150 million +, I am pretty sure they did exist.
Are you serious ? You may create a poll on this thread and see how many nlers would sincerely join your cause.Nigerians want change but I don't think they go as far as starting a revolution.the military experience has not been convincing either.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 10:14pm On Sep 30, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Poster

I say, when you wake up tomorrow, take a placard, try, as much as you can, to preach this message you are preaching, and see if the people you are trying to preach to wont be the ones to tear you into pieces for trying to preach what you are preaching.

Do you know that majority of the people in here on Nairaland are people who live outside Nigeria? So, my dear, if you want this thing you are saying to be heard- abeg, no be for here, na for Naija - carry placard tomorrow, find a strategic place, and see if the people themselves wont be the one to beat you - i.e. revolve your head round yah neck. Revolution ko - volutionre ni.

It only takes a few people for something to turn into a movement. Mark my words, if Nigeria does not have a revolution, the nation will implode.

And who say that people in the Diaspora cannot start revolutions? Vladamir Lenin was living in Germany when the Russian revolution started.

Instead of attacking the messenger, use that vitrol against the politicians who are making this nation a giant fool of Africa.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by labiyemmy(m): 10:15pm On Sep 30, 2010
Maaazi

I am not attacking you - ndem. I am only saying, something you cant start, dont preach it as a solution to our problems.
Re: A Bloody Revolution Needed In Nigeria by MaziUche0(m): 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Maaazi

I am not attacking you - ndem. I am only saying, something you cant start, dont preach it as a solution to our problems.

It is the solution to our problems. My solution a bloody revolution. Do you want the people who have stolen from our national coffers to go free?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Budget 2011 To Record N1.1trillion Deficit / Under Hausas And Yorubas Nigeria Became The Corruption Capital Of The World. / Achebe Has Pathological Hatred For Yoruba. Said Soyinka Stole His Mandate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.