Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion (30295 Views)

Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem / Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion / House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:21am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
are u male or female?
Proudly female.

5 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:25am On Jun 08, 2019
breakerofchains:

You still had to mention your Bible even after I clearly stated that you shouldn't.

Comprehension skills 101 has left the chat
Its not just about the "Bible" its something that's Natural, whether you attribute the submission theory to the bible or not, its clear that men naturally possess greater leadership qualities than women...
There is a relationship between what the Bible commands and what Nature offers... You can't dispute that!!

16 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 08, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Feminism advocates equal "RIGHTS AND OPPORTUNITIES" for both sexes...
The purpose of a woman submitting to a Man is to prevent a
tossle of leadership when both are married!! Two captains cant lead a ship... And because God naturally endowed men with qualities that make them more suitable to lead than women...
It is possible for a woman to enjoy equal rights and opportunities as a man and still submit to her husband!!
what equal rights are you lots always talking about? There is a reason God created man and woman differently. There’s a reason man pays a woman’s dowry and make her his wife. So many reason why a woman is a woman and a man being a man and superior. There can never be an equal right.

9 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by donbachi(m): 8:27am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Proudly female.
i believe where u come from,they have culture..take what your culture says.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:30am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
i believe where u come from,they have culture..take what your culture says.
No I am an individualist who only respects the Nigerian constitition. The individual makes the culture not the other way around.
Culture is dynamic not static every law made is subject to change as time progresses. Afterall it was cultural to kill twins but it took an individual to change that.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:31am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Our men are so quick to jump on religion and culture to back up outdated practices.
Always quick to forget their own instructions and what it means to be a leader in biblical sense.
That is why they turn a blind eye to fornication and adultery when it favours them but open their eyes to the word sibmission on the part of women.
My dear its not about Religion or culture its natural, Men have more capacity to lead than women, if you feel a certain guy is lacking in maturity and all what it takes to lead you, then don't marry him, simple!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:32am On Jun 08, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Its not just about the "Bible" its something that's Natural, whether you attribute the submission theory to the bible or not, its clear that men naturally possess greater leadership qualities than women...
There is a relationship between what the Bible commands and what Nature offers... You can't dispute that!!
Of course idin Amin, Adolf hitler, stalin and others were women and great leaders.
Hitler must have been a great leader to give us world war 2.

Women make good leaders as well.
Leadership is acquiref or inbuilt on any individial not gender based.

12 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by donbachi(m): 8:32am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

No I am an individualist who only respects the Nigerian constitition. The individual makes the culture not the other way around.
Culture is dynamic not static every law made is subject to change as time progresses. Afterall it was cultural to kill twins but it took an individual to change that.
hope they stop traditional marriage some day..how about that.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

This might be too much for some people's brains to handle grin

18 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Stop likening a faceless person to a friend of yours.
I don't hate men so keep your comparison.
The only thing constant is change. No wonder society is dysfunctional some of our men need help.
Na you need help. Don’t sit behind your phone to rant. Go out and create an awareness to this course only then I will take you serious. And the man your dating currently? Tell us about the equal rights you two share in the relationship

9 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 08, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

That is a BLOODY lie.

This is how you keep saying trash and defending it with "nature"

Leadership skills? See how they have managed the world affairs. Ruining everything with their silly egos and stupid sense of masculinity.

A greater percentage of crimes and acts of violence towards women and even their fellow men are commited by MEN.

Don't mention men and leadership qualities in the same sentence.

Emotional intelligence nkor?

Let's not even go there.
If you want us to do this debate, let's create a whole new thread and do just that just as long as you leave your religions and stick to logic and facts

I have time today.

16 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:34am On Jun 08, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

My dear its not about Religion or culture its natural, Men have more capacity to lead than women, if you feel a certain guy is lacking in maturity and all what it takes to lead you, then don't marry him, simple!!
Please bring your statistics.
That is a stereotype I have seen men lead women to disaster besides is capacity the only thing required to be a leader? Is physical strength the only thing required in a leader?
What do you define as natural in time past it was natural to kill twins, slavery was seen as natural and God ordained.

10 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:34am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Of course idin Amin, Adolf hitler, stalin and others were women and great leaders.
Hitler must have been a great leader to give us world war 2.

Women make good leaders as well.
Leadership is acquiref or inbuilt on any individial not gender based.
A woman can be a great leader no doubt, but specifically in a marriage/family setting men are more capable...

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:36am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
hope they stop traditional marriage some day..how about that.
Even in Nigeria you can only marry statutorily and under the act.
It is due to peopke like you that people are pressurised to marry customarily so that outsiders would not talk and our so called culture is preserved.

10 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:37am On Jun 08, 2019
fieryy:

This might be too much for some people's brains to handle grin
I swear cheesy wink

10 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:37am On Jun 08, 2019
breakerofchains:

That is a BLOODY lie.

This is how you keep saying trash and defending it with "nature"

Leadership skills? See how they have managed the world affairs. Ruining everything with their silly egos and stupid sense of masculinity.

A greater percentage of crimes and acts of violence towards women and even their fellow men are commited by MEN.

Don't mention men and leadership qualities in the same sentence.

Emotional intelligence nkor?

Let's not even go there.
If you want us to do this debate, let's create a whole new thread and do just that just as long as you leave your religions and stick to logic and facts

I have time today.
Let me be clear that when i say men are more capable to lead than women i dont mean in Society or politics i mean in a Home, in a family setting!!

4 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:38am On Jun 08, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

A woman can be a great leader no doubt, but specifically in a marriage/family setting men are more capable...
Is that so?
Why have you limited it to the family?
Have you not heard of cases where a family goes bankrupt because of bad decisions made by such men.
Marriage is for both genders so either gender can lead in what they are good at it is not a one way thing
Mind me asking capable in what sense.

10 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 08, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Let me be clear that when i say men are more capable to lead than women i dont mean in Society or politics i mean in a Home, in a family setting!!

Hahahahaha....LIES!

What's the difference?

Oh, I see...because they can beat their wives into submission or what?

Abegii...I even thought you had an argument sef

10 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by luminouz(m): 8:40am On Jun 08, 2019
stupidity:
OP I have someone like you. She’s approaching 40, single and she hates men.

You can’t sit behind your phone and trying to upturn practices that has been in place since inception.

Ofcourse slut shaming women is bad and if that’s really what prompted you to create this thread, then I’m afraid you have taken nairaland and it’s content too serious.
This someone you know....does she have a big ass? Can she pound yam??

Answer me ASAP!!! grin

7 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by donbachi(m): 8:40am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Even in Nigeria upu can only marry statutorily and under the act.
It is due to peopke like you that people are pressurised to marry customarily so that outsiders would not talk and our so called culture is preserved.
chai!"people like me"..u can't change everything.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:40am On Jun 08, 2019
stupidity:
Na you need help. Don’t sit behind your phone to rant. Go out and create an awareness to this course only then I will take you serious. And the man your dating currently? Tell us about the equal rights you two share in the relationship
The awareness is out there and will continually be and I do mine too.
I don't need you to take me serious neither is my personal life your bisiness.
I do not associate with chauvinist, misogynist and any dysfunctional male.

17 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:41am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
chai!"people like me"..u can't change everything.
Do what works for you.
Remember change is constant and it takes time.

6 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by donbachi(m): 8:44am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Do what works for you.
Remember change is constant and it takes time.
men and culture are like weather,u cant change them.

5 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:46am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
men and culture are like weather,u cant change them.
Culture is subjective.
The individuals makes the culture as it changes it is still called culture. Need not argue blindly.

10 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by donbachi(m): 8:48am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Culture is subjective.
The individuals makes the culture as it changes it is still called culture. Need not argue blindly.
how about the man
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by luminouz(m): 8:52am On Jun 08, 2019
Donbachi,..PhenomenaMorgan....why in hell are u entertaining these girls na You are wasting ur time with them.

amazontopaz said her mum isn't submissive in her own home to her husband...and BOOM,aunty came out with a lot of emotional drivel,even likened a man's superiority in a home to being able to beat a woman to submission I mean WTF.

The other breakeroficecream came with her own yarn and all I see are twisted facts and I wonder why these girls type as if dem no go marry abi na dem go pay their own bride price ni? These ones love shouting Dont blah blah to men..blah blah and I wonder why she shouts so much about men on her posts...

The fiery/efufulele one came and started dancing crazily on mentions,further muddling and scattering the whole discourse. She barbecued any sense left out of the other feministas points. Why are these girls so confused?

What I've learned is this...NL versions of feminist are worse than chameleons...they want equal right, yet not equal responsibilities... N they are fvckin hypocrites...I won't be surprised if they are in a man's house right now,doing the do,then cooking and cleaning for him too...only to come online and start all these.

Linda ikeji comes to mind when I read these kinda posts.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:53am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
how about the man
I don't understand you.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:55am On Jun 08, 2019
luminouz:
[s] Donbachi,amazontopaz....why in hell are u entertaining these girls na You are wasting ur time with them.

One said her mum isn't submissive in her own home to her husband...and BOOM,aunty came out with a lot of emotional drivel,even likened a man's superiority in a home to being able to beat a woman to submission I mean WTF.

The other breakeroficecream came with her own yarn and all I see is twisted facts and I wonder why these girls type as if dem no go marry abi na dem go pay their own bride price ni?

The fiery/efufulele one came and started dancing crazily on mentions,further muddling and scattering the whole discourse. Why are these girls so confused?

What I've learned is this...NL version of feminist are worse than chameleons...they want equal right, yet not equal responsibilities... N they are fvckin hypocrites...I won't be surprised if they are in a man's house right now,doing the do,then cooking and cleaning for him too...only to come online and start all these.

Links ikeji comes to mind when I read this kinda posts[/s] .

Shhhush. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Anyway you are free to post what makes you happy since you know all of us offline. What makes you sleep at night in delusion is okay by megrin cheesy.
Las las na yourself you dey do.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by donbachi(m): 8:57am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
I don't understand you.
i mean whether na u dey fvck ur sef?

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 08, 2019
luminouz:

Links ikeji comes to mind when I read this kinda posts.

I find it quite funny how you called everybody out, but not the idiot who is incapable of having a discussion and is rather whining about a woman, who has achieved more than his entire generation.

13 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by luminouz(m): 8:57am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Shhhush. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Anyway you are free to post what makes you happy since you know all of us offline. What makes you sleep at night in delusion is okay by megrin cheesy.
Las las na yourself you dey do.

K!!!
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:59am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
i mean whether na u dey fvck ur sef?
*sighs*
How does my topic relate to sex?
You must not comment.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

20 Things Women Should Never Do! / Nigerian Woman Disowns Her 53-year-old Son Through Newspaper Advert. Photo / Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.